May 30, 2024, 07:44:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #4 8/29 - 9/06/2007  (Read 189078 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #400 on: September 01, 2007, 12:25:22 AM »

Night Mishy ,,

Night to you all..  and hugs to Nemo and CP both...   Cool

Nite Ang.. see you tomorrow after work...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #401 on: September 01, 2007, 12:28:03 AM »

I am headed out too.. nite y'all...

have a great nite!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #402 on: September 01, 2007, 12:29:07 AM »

Nite Angie
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #403 on: September 01, 2007, 12:45:41 AM »

Sorry! I was off fixing my favorites.

Huh-uh, Klaas. My computer went up in smoke, according to the techie guy.  Sad

Well luckily for you most of your already created photos were on photobucket right?  I certainly hope you have photoshop and image ready on this new PC.  Is it Windows Vista?

I have the newest version of Photoshop.................I haven't tried it, but I HOPE it hasn't changed much! How do I tell what I have? I mean I don't know if it's Vista or not?

I know Ang has it...  and I don't think she likes it...

The new Photoshop RULEZ! They finally merged Imageready into Photoshop, and the interface has got a cool new feel. I am a fan. Smile
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #404 on: September 01, 2007, 12:45:49 AM »

Night Mrs Red and Klaas..

was looking at baby pics I had sent to me by my mom and dad....
 So far baby and mom are doing well   Smile  AMEN to that...
 Night everyone..

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #405 on: September 01, 2007, 12:50:49 AM »

Nite Angie - that's good news about mom and baby.

DUGGA - I want it!  I want the new photoshop!  How long has it been out?  Maybe my son can get it for me  Wink
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #406 on: September 01, 2007, 12:56:54 AM »

I think CS3 has been out for something like 6 months now? Maybe a little less. I upgraded from CS1 and really like it. There are a few new things to learn like with any release. Some very powerful stuff. They've got this tool now that acts like the magic wand, but you can drag it around an image and it selects areas on-the-fly as you drag it around. It's really amazing.

I'm building Dana's new site with it as we speak. Smile

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: September 01, 2007, 12:59:07 AM »

I think CS3 has been out for something like 6 months now? Maybe a little less. I upgraded from CS1 and really like it. There are a few new things to learn like with any release. Some very powerful stuff. They've got this tool now that acts like the magic wand, but you can drag it around an image and it selects areas on-the-fly as you drag it around. It's really amazing.

I'm building Dana's new site with it as we speak. Smile

I'll have to ask my son.  He probably can't get it if it's only been out 6 months or so though.  I have to have it, LOL  Laughing
crazybabyborg
« Reply #408 on: September 01, 2007, 02:48:37 AM »

YES, Dugga! She HAS to have it! I'll never learn ANYTHING if she doesn't!  Laughing

So far, the biggest difference I've discovered in making a few avatars is that the "layers arrange" command is in "edit" instead of "layers".  Laughing Boy, Dugga, if you know something about Photoshop, I really do have a few questions that have plagued me for a long time. Stuff I KNOW it will do, and sure it's simple, but I don't know how!
Altruist
Monkey Junky

« Reply #409 on: September 01, 2007, 03:05:12 AM »

BTGirl,

Hi there, this is long overdue, I apologize.  Hoping Terry is healing up & feeling better & better everyday.

VitaMedica Surgery Program which includes Bromelain and Amica Montana 30x is recommended to decrease bruising, swelling & bolster the immunity system.  Also one of the posters said that drinking lots of Pineapple Juice is also recommended.

Wanting so badly to hear that Terry's healing is speeding up for him.  Think of him often & send him only best wishes & good thoughts.

If Terry is in pain, he needs to be the greasy wheel & let it be known if proper pain medication is not being prescribed.  Pain causes stress & stress beats down the immune system, IMO.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #410 on: September 01, 2007, 04:51:13 AM »

CAT WITH A COCAINE HABIT

Article from: AAP...September 01, 2007 05:47am

A HIMALAYAN cat taken to a vet in Sydney's eastern suburbs was found to be high on a mind-bending cocktail of cocaine and benzodiazepines. The eight-month-old Himalayan cat arrived at the Double Bay clinic on Monday morning with dilated pupils and a racing heart after being accidentally locked in a cupboard overnight.

It was having trouble walking, was easily startled, paced incessantly and was too anxious to have a thermometer inserted into its rectum, said a report in this month's edition of Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery. The owner was adamant the cat had not been exposed to drugs, mouldy food or toxic plants.

But when the vet phoned the owner's wife, she admitted the cat could have licked “plates of cocaine” which had been served at a dinner party two days earlier. A drug screen also revealed benzodiazepines in the cat's system. The owner was counselled and allowed to take the cat home as there is no legal requirement for vets to report such cases to the police.

**** Taking bets as to how soon the drug squad arrive at this address Shocked Shocked

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: September 01, 2007, 10:03:21 AM »

Texas Woman Claims to Have Found Mythical 'Chupacabra'
Saturday , September 01, 2007
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295481,00.html
 CUERO, Texas —

Phylis Canion lived in Africa for four years. She's been a hunter all her life and has the mounted heads of a zebra and other exotic animals in her house to prove it. But the roadkill she found last month outside her ranch was a new one even for her, worth putting in a freezer hidden from curious onlookers: Canion believes she may have the head of the mythical, bloodsucking chupacabra.

"It is one ugly creature," Canion said, holding the head of the mammal, which has big ears, large fanged teeth and grayish-blue, mostly hairless skin.

Canion and some of her neighbors discovered the 40-pound bodies of three of the animals over four days in July outside her ranch in Cuero, 80 miles southeast of San Antonio. Canion said she saved the head of the one she found so she can get to get to the bottom of its ancestry through DNA testing and then mount it for posterity.

She suspects, as have many rural denizens over the years, that a chupacabra may have killed as many as 26 of her chickens in the past couple of years.

"I've seen a lot of nasty stuff. I've never seen anything like this," she said.

What tipped Canion to the possibility that this was no ugly coyote, but perhaps the vampire-like beast, is that the chickens weren't eaten or carried off — all the blood was drained from them, she said.

Chupacabra means "goat sucker" in Spanish, and it is said to have originated in Latin America, specifically Puerto Rico and Mexico.

Canion thinks recent heavy rains ran them right out of their dens.

"I think it could have wolf in it," Canion said. "It has to be a cross between two or three different things."

She said the finding has captured the imagination of locals, just like purported sightings of Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster have elsewhere.

But what folks are calling a chupacabra is probably just a strange breed of dog, said veterinarian Travis Schaar of the Main Street Animal Hospital in nearby Victoria.

"I'm not going to tell you that's not a chupacabra. I just think in my opinion a chupacabra is a dog," said Schaar, who has seen Canion's find.

The "chupacabras" could have all been part of a mutated litter of dogs, or they may be a new kind of mutt, he said.

As for the bloodsucking, Schaar said that this particular canine may simply have a preference for blood, letting its prey bleed out and licking it up.

Chupacabra or not, the discovery has spawned a local and international craze. Canion has started selling T-shirts that read: "2007, The Summer of the Chupacabra, Cuero, Texas," accompanied by a caricature of the creature. The $5 shirts have gone all over the world, including Japan, Australia and Brunei. Schaar also said he has one.

"If everyone has a fun time with it, we'll keep doing it," she said. "It's good for Cuero."

http://www.kvue.com/news/top/stories/082807kvuechupacabracraze-cb.7c603ee0.html

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #412 on: September 01, 2007, 10:17:28 AM »

ewww Klaas, why did you post that photo?  Shocked Laughing I  just posted in the lounge to dugga but the flashing ad on the right tellling me congrats I have won has my lappy racing????

Sad

I continue to stand with the girl.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #413 on: September 01, 2007, 10:20:54 AM »

ewww Klaas, why did you post that photo?  Shocked Laughing I  just posted in the lounge to dugga but the flashing ad on the right tellling me congrats I have won has my lappy racing????

Sad

Hey, it wasn't easy finding the photo..lol.  If you look further there is an even grosser video.  Wink

Glad you posted in the Monkey Lounge in that thread for Dugga.  That way he can find problems in one place.  I've found when I refresh it switches to a new AD.  Also, when I run ccleaner I don't clear cookies from SM.  I'm having very few popups or problems.

Did you win a laptop?  Laughing
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #414 on: September 01, 2007, 10:58:02 AM »

G'Morning Monkeys

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: September 01, 2007, 11:02:29 AM »

I don't get any pop ups at all.   Shocked  My kids configured my security but I notice that a part of it is this free program that is supposed to block things like that.  Maybe it actually does.

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/

SpywareBlaster is the name of the program on my computer from this site.  I have Popups OK on SM site but still don't get any.  But I also have about five other security programs on my computer having been hacked before.  This one says it prevents things from ever being downloaded, etc.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: September 01, 2007, 11:06:45 AM »

I don't get any pop ups at all.   Shocked  My kids configured my security but I notice that a part of it is this free program that is supposed to block things like that.  Maybe it actually does.

SpywareBlaster is the name of the program on my computer from this site.  I have Popups OK on SM site but still don't get any.  But I also have about five other security programs on my computer having been hacked before.  This one says it prevents things from ever being downloaded, etc.

Anna - thanks!  Have to work on my father inlaws PC again today and this SpywareBlaster might be just the ticket for him  Laughing
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #417 on: September 01, 2007, 11:07:30 AM »

BTGirl,

Hi there, this is long overdue, I apologize.  Hoping Terry is healing up & feeling better & better everyday.

VitaMedica Surgery Program which includes Bromelain and Amica Montana 30x is recommended to decrease bruising, swelling & bolster the immunity system.  Also one of the posters said that drinking lots of Pineapple Juice is also recommended.

Wanting so badly to hear that Terry's healing is speeding up for him.  Think of him often & send him only best wishes & good thoughts.

If Terry is in pain, he needs to be the greasy wheel & let it be known if proper pain medication is not being prescribed.  Pain causes stress & stress beats down the immune system, IMO.

Thanks so much, Altruist. I will email the info to Terry today. The last time I heard from him (a few days ago), he still was unable to eat anything.

I Stand With The Girl
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #418 on: September 01, 2007, 11:11:57 AM »

Hey y'all...

TIb.. that poor little kitty! 

Klaas... that is a yucky looking thing....

ANG.... I am so happy to hear that SIL in better..

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #419 on: September 01, 2007, 11:13:25 AM »

Anna - thanks!  Have to work on my father inlaws PC again today and this SpywareBlaster might be just the ticket for him  Laughing

Your FIL is a hoot.... (maybe not ot you... but to me that's a funny thing)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.