April 19, 2024, 09:01:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #680 8/31 - 9/16/2007  (Read 289950 times)
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #140 on: September 02, 2007, 09:09:17 AM »

http://www.playalinda.com/camera/
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2007, 09:11:21 AM »

I heard that loud and clear Nut....

It's ok LoRain. At the time I too said leave no stone unturned and that is why I searched for more info. I am not saying these buoy markers/#'s do not exist...they most likely do and I had hoped they would be searched just so no stone was left unturned. However, my 'hope' and what is reality down there are two very different things. I just knew no one would bother to check.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #142 on: September 02, 2007, 09:32:19 AM »

It's ok LoRain. At the time I too said leave no stone unturned and that is why I searched for more info. I am not saying these buoy markers/#'s do not exist...they most likely do and I had hoped they would be searched just so no stone was left unturned. However, my 'hope' and what is reality down there are two very different things. I just knew no one would bother to check.

NUT

Would you post please your 'Miguel Willy Ramos' posts inthe Shango/Simian thread when you get the chance.

I'm still intrigued by the connection -- and maybe it can be discussed on the SS thread.

I'm sorry for being a pain -- but I've been searching for the posts myself and I've turned up empty Sad The search feature really isn't -- and I don't have time to read through all of your posts to find that one Neutral (Although I know it would be wonderful to have the time to re-read all of your posts)

Thanks!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2007, 09:42:14 AM »

NUT

Would you post please your 'Miguel Willy Ramos' posts inthe Shango/Simian thread when you get the chance.

I'm still intrigued by the connection -- and maybe it can be discussed on the SS thread.

I'm sorry for being a pain -- but I've been searching for the posts myself and I've turned up empty Sad The search feature really isn't -- and I don't have time to read through all of your posts to find that one Neutral (Although I know it would be wonderful to have the time to re-read all of your posts)

Thanks!

It's ok....I will see if I can find them.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2007, 09:49:34 AM »

Thanks, Nut 

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2007, 10:21:57 AM »

Tomorrow is September 3, 2007. Tommorrow marks the 2nd anniversary of the Dutch letting Joran van der Sloot off the hook so he could haul ass to Holland.

This may appear to be an Aruba problem, but it is in fact a Dutch problem. Van der Straten, Jannsen, Wit, Smid and many others all conspired to free Joran and Paulus Van der Sloot from their crimes. They're all Dutch, they all came from Holland. It's about time they leveled the playing field and arrested their criminals instead of covering up their murder!

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2007, 10:23:19 AM »

From the Aruba Forums (member only):

Eddy
Extra Helpful Expert

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject:   

Reports of floods are comming in from the village of Catashi and Seroe Patrishi.

Haystack Hill and Aruba's tallest hill Arikok are not visible from a distance.

Unconfirmed reports of downed palm trees at westpunt near Malmok.

A few downed kwihi and divi trees reported on streets.

Visibility poor riding on Sasaki highway near Palm Beach/Eagle Beach.

Surf is battering Tamarijn hotel entering groundlevel hotel rooms, according to radio report.

Eddy
Extra Helpful Expert

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject:   

Power outage reported in Palm Beach, Tarabana and Alto Vista.
Some hotels may have generators.

Very strong wind gusts all over the island.

Bubali sanctuary spilling over, too much water.

Surf at Alto Vista extremely high.

Lots of reports of people heading out to watch the surf, while they should stay at home.

Oranjestad reporting heavy rain now.

Just posted by Eddy:

Webcam at Playa Linda, weather condition at Palm Beach deteriorating.

There is constant rain in the northwestern area Aruba.
Power outage reported in Palm Beach and Alto Vista.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 10:27:04 AM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #147 on: September 02, 2007, 10:50:48 AM »

Eddy
Extra Helpful Expert

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject:   

Floods reported in the Palm Beach area. Rainwater is rising near the Mill Resort. This is an area that usually floods after very heavy rainfall

Car accident reported on Sasaki highway, driver hits lamp pose. But streets in Aruba are overall very quiet.

Police have evacauted people from the El Faro Blanco Restaurant near Westpunt.

More trees are falling down on streets.

Still reports of many people on the streets wanting to watch what is going on, ignoring advise to stay at home.

Households in Palm Beach area reporting water entering homes.

Heavy rain still in Palm Beach. Now Oranjestad and eastern Aruba are reporting moderate to heavy rain, with strong wind gusts. Huge water streams reported in the streets of Oranjestad.

Power outage now in the town of Paradera.

Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #148 on: September 02, 2007, 11:02:47 AM »

Jossy on FOX re: weather on Aruba
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2007, 11:03:35 AM »

Jossy on FOX re: weather on Aruba

I can't watch right now, please tell us what he says, TIA
Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #150 on: September 02, 2007, 11:07:20 AM »

Klaas--I wasn't really watching I just heard his voice and looked up...all I heard him talking about was that there is evacuation spots but they haven't told anyone to evacuate then it was over.   Crap....Sorry!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: September 02, 2007, 11:08:19 AM »

Klaas--I wasn't really watching I just heard his voice and looked up...all I heard him talking about was that there is evacuation spots but they haven't told anyone to evacuate then it was over.   Crap....Sorry!

No problem.  I'll keep looking for updates from Eddy in the Aruba forum. 
Pita
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #152 on: September 02, 2007, 11:11:38 AM »

Posted by PearlinUSA (BFN)

11:00 EST .. Fox News just had Jossy on air via phone and asked about the storm and preparations and such.  Jossy said they are used to winds of 50 or so miles per hour.  He said lots of water on streets, some closed causing some rerouting.  He said some preparation of putting tape on glass windows and such was being done.  Asked about evacuations he said government has not ordered any.  He said there are shelters that can be available if needed.  He said Hurricanes don't know that they don't happen in Aruba so they continue to occasionally pass by on North Aruba.  He said the last one was Ivan.  He said they did have some material damage from that one but no personal loss, I took to mean loss of lives.  He was asked about tourists leaving and said no one can leave now as airport is closed but that yes, in last 2 days some have left the island to get away from the storm.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #153 on: September 02, 2007, 11:13:29 AM »

From the Aruba forums - just posted:

DMThurston
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Category 4???   

According to Fox NEws 2 minutes ago......Felix is forcast to be a category 4 before clearing the island......they had the editor from Diario speaking via phone call saying that there is not much anyone can do but take cover.....We are praying everyone is safe!!!!!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #154 on: September 02, 2007, 12:01:36 PM »

Eddy
Extra Helpful Expert

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject:   

Weather has calmed down now. It is drizling a bit.

The seas are very rough still, and some boats are drifting out.

It appears that the northwest area of the island has received the most rain so far.

The center of Felix is now northwest of Aruba moving west.

We may expect more rain this afternoon from the back of the hurricane.

JusticeforNatalee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #155 on: September 02, 2007, 12:06:32 PM »

Looks like Jossy published a political cartoon that has "faces"
inside of "whirlwinds." One of the faces bears a striking resemblance to
Rudy Croes.

"My client, Joran van der Sloot, played a MAJOR ROLE in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway."       
Antonio Carlo
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #156 on: September 02, 2007, 12:08:47 PM »

Looks like Jossy published a political cartoon that has "faces"
inside of "whirlwinds." One of the faces bears a striking resemblance to
Rudy Croes.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #157 on: September 02, 2007, 12:16:13 PM »

Thanks for the pics Klaasend....I appreciate your willingness to help....

Does anyone know what area offshore was searched after the "19 year old" security guard was arrested.....it was supposed to be a 4 day search but the article I read did not give a location...

Wow Klaas....those really are great views from the air!! Destinyyyyy...calling Destinyyyyy...one ringy dingy...2 ringy dingys...
http://seaport.homestead.com/files/aruba.html
Destiny could call the Aruban Port Authority and ask where # 5 is  Laughing

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #158 on: September 02, 2007, 12:31:06 PM »

Shocked if there are any left after Felix Shocked
I would just like to say that I do not wish death or destruction to anyone or anything on Aruba. I do want justice in a proper manner and I want Natalee to be brought home to America. I have experienced the death of loved ones and friends in some very graphic forms throughout my lifetime as well as destruction of property. May all lives (human and animal) be safe on Aruba during this storm.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: September 02, 2007, 12:37:32 PM »

http://www.arubatourism.com/webcams.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.