April 16, 2024, 06:53:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FORUM ISSUES/SUGGESTIONS - PLEASE POST PROBLEMS AND SUGGESTIONS HERE  (Read 16628 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: August 31, 2007, 01:36:40 PM »

If you are having problems with slowness or excessive popups, please post your problems in this thread.

Dugga may be able to resolve those issues for you. 
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 04:46:21 PM by klaasend » Logged
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 10:13:50 AM »

raising my hand, I do. I have my pop up blocker on high on mozilla plus mcafee professional, yet I still get big fat pop-up's even while signed in, as I move from page to page? So it's worse than just getting one when I come to the SM splash page, I get them internal and also repeatedly?

I continue to stand with the girl.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 10:26:16 AM »

raising my hand, I do. I have my pop up blocker on high on mozilla plus mcafee professional, yet I still get big fat pop-up's even while signed in, as I move from page to page? So it's worse than just getting one when I come to the SM splash page, I get them internal and also repeatedly?

I have my my popup blocker turned off and my security settings are Medium.  I don't clear cookies from SM.  At first I was getting more popups, now I rarely get them.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 04:36:07 PM »

It is not a problem  more of a  pain.

Sometimes   when I am on the last post of   the current page and hit refresh I end up on the next page.  Does not happen all the time though.

Almost like only when a new page has just been started by someone else. 
Come to think of it I have never had the problem of hitting refresh over & over when a new page has started & I missed the new page # appearing

As far as pop ups... I have IE 7  set to block all pop ups  Unless I allow for them from a site.  Not sure how or if McAfee  Secuiry Center gets involved.

Sometimes pages load slow  but the  "Page created in x.xxx seconds" is still a low number so I'm not sure where the bottle neck is.

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 04:54:33 PM »

Oh... I forgot and just got reminded...
Would it be difficult to make the current page # a diff. color?   I know it is bolded but some times these old eyes to do see real well.
Thanks

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 05:02:48 PM »

Embarassed
NOT a problem just a quetion.

Is there a way to "Quote" from a locked item   w/o doing cut/paste  and edit ?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 05:26:34 PM »

Embarassed
NOT a problem just a quetion.

Is there a way to "Quote" from a locked item   w/o doing cut/paste  and edit ?

Have you tried?  I can't because I'm able to do it with my Admin abilities.  If you click on QUOTE and it brings up the box to type in, you can copy all that then close out and paste where you want to paste and it will look like a quote.  BUT..I don't know if regular members can do that.
LindaK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 11:40:18 AM »

Sorry this is OFF TOPIC but I would like my account deleted at Scared Monkeys!!!

1. The issue w/ these popups has been addressed, and it is horrific. 
2. I can not believe the vile comments about Aruba being blown off the face of the earth.  One of the persons saying those things is the very one that offered prayers for Natalee at the family meeting. WOW!

Have a great day  Very Happy  LindaK

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 12:14:00 PM »

Sorry this is OFF TOPIC but I would like my account deleted at Scared Monkeys!!!

1. The issue w/ these popups has been addressed, and it is horrific. 
2. I can not believe the vile comments about Aruba being blown off the face of the earth.  One of the persons saying those things is the very one that offered prayers for Natalee at the family meeting. WOW!

Have a great day  Very Happy  LindaK

LindaK ~  This may be OFF TOPIC, but I would like to say to you:  One person's opinion or postings do NOT necessarily reflect my opinion nor those of  ALL other monkeys on this forum. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 12:27:06 PM »

Huh? Did I miss something?

Oh well, some are easily offended and have an extremely low tolerance level.

Most have been saying prayers for the Arubian's.

And, the one and only post is to asked to be removed? Just leave, it's not like you have any books or dues to be refunded. LOL
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 01:04:09 PM by klaasend » Logged

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 03:47:40 PM »

Klaasend
When a thread is locked   there is NO Quote Button or at least I do not have one.
You may want to request another account  to you can see what us common folk see  Rolling Eyes Wink

LindaK
What can I say... I did not see the post or would have had voiced my heard as you have done.    I wish you had provided more info.  so that the post could be reviewed and/or removed.
You joined for a reason... but it is up to you to stay or leave.   Wishing you the best   OldF.

Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 09:42:20 PM »

I'll restate something I mentioned elsewhere on the board. Hopefully it will help some people.

If anyone is getting popups every time they turn a page on our sites, it's because there's something on your system that's preventing our software from limiting the ads the way it is supposed to.

We do not program our site to give you popups on every page turn. If you're seeing that, then it is probably due to some software or a security setting on your computer that's keeping our site from saving the data it needs. We have to set cookies to make sure you only get the number of ads we designate. If you restrict that, then there's nothing we can do to prevent you from seeing ads every time you load a page.

We have not set the system to load popups on every page view. If that's what anyone is seeing, it's not on our end.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 11:11:17 PM »

Dugga, I know you know what you just said but I haven't got a clue... so are you saying that we have to leave the cookies ?? 

speka de englaish please....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2007, 02:11:36 PM »

Right, Mrs.

The cookies keep track of whether or not you've seen a popup. If you delete that cookie, then the system doesn't know if you've seen one or not and will send you another one.

So deleting (or not allowing) cookies actually makes you see more ads than you should.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2007, 08:47:43 PM »

I have an issue that does not have to do with popups.

When I want to reply to someone and insert a pic - via the additional options section. You hit browse and find the pic. Then you can write some text and insert the pics via the browse option and hit post. So far so good. I want to insert many pics with text. However, if I type "Harry and Wills" and insert the pic, it works. But if I add additional text and hit the browse option, my computer crashes. It seems you can only insert text and a pic, but can't insert text and a pic with more text and another pic.

Do you think this is a Scared Monkeys glitch or is it my computer?

Thank you, Louise

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 11:27:19 PM »

I have an issue that does not have to do with popups.

When I want to reply to someone and insert a pic - via the additional options section. You hit browse and find the pic. Then you can write some text and insert the pics via the browse option and hit post. So far so good. I want to insert many pics with text. However, if I type "Harry and Wills" and insert the pic, it works. But if I add additional text and hit the browse option, my computer crashes. It seems you can only insert text and a pic, but can't insert text and a pic with more text and another pic.

Thank you, Louise

I was just testing to see what you were talking about.  I've never tried to upload more than one picture  Wink

Dugga will have to answer you , I haven't a clue  Wink

test

test
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007, 11:46:15 PM »

Louise, that has to be something that's isolated to your machine. It could be a device driver of some sort, or an internal resident program that's giving you problems. My first answer is to try rebooting first. Then, if that doesn't help it's often good to have a backup-browser for times when you *need* to get information that your Internet Explorer won't allow you to see. I have Firefox, Safari and Opera for this purpose. 99% of the time when something crashes in Internet Explorer, it will work fine in Firefox.

But in any case, there's not anything we could do on this end to help. It's something system specific on that computer because others can attach multiple files with no problem.

Try downloading and installing Firefox. That'll probably help, and you'll have it as a backup in case this kind of thing happens elsewhere.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2007, 03:11:28 PM »

My question:

I love the 'show unread posts since last visit' feature. It makes it easy to catch up -- especially if time is limited.

But once you select the first thread with unread posts, and you have finished -- how do you get back to the original list of threads with unread posts?

The only way I've figured out is by using the 'back' arrow to get you back. Which works -- but of course shows the thread you just read as still 'unread'.

Just wondering. No biggie.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2007, 08:41:20 PM »

Thank you, Dugga. I suppose one of these days, I'll have to reload AOL.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 11:42:59 AM »

Dugga,
I would like to ask a question, please.  Not trying to start a controversy here, just curious since my tech knowledge concerning computers remains in the dark ages. What is the difference between pop ups and pop unders?  Just exactly what is it
"under"?  Which would be more profitable to a website?  I guess I have no idea about either. BTW, if some of these ad problems are because of cookies, does that mean that my cookies are messed up in my computer?  Stop laughing at me...I know you are. TIA
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.