April 26, 2024, 02:57:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FORUM ISSUES/SUGGESTIONS - PLEASE POST PROBLEMS AND SUGGESTIONS HERE  (Read 16655 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 03:58:42 PM »

Would there be a way to label or file into groups some of the threads in the missing and exploited?  I know that some good mod or admin put an add on to Camille Cleverly's thread title that her body was found.  That is helpful.  Ryan Giacomin was missing and has just been found safe in jail, and I wish his thread could be labeled he is found also.  No use still researching that one.  However, there is continuing investigation into Camille's case, as we don't have all details yet.  And some bodies have been found in other threads, but I like they are still there, pending judicial action/trials.  I am just thinking we are getting more missing person's listed and it gets tricky running back and forth with them.  I don't know how much time or effort these ideas would take for our Mods and Admin., and I appreciate all they do for us here at SM. And there might be a better way to set up or move things, if it didn't take too much time. Again, thank you for all you do.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 05:02:18 PM »

Would there be a way to label or file into groups some of the threads in the missing and exploited?  I know that some good mod or admin put an add on to Camille Cleverly's thread title that her body was found.  That is helpful.  Ryan Giacomin was missing and has just been found safe in jail, and I wish his thread could be labeled he is found also.  No use still researching that one.  However, there is continuing investigation into Camille's case, as we don't have all details yet.  And some bodies have been found in other threads, but I like they are still there, pending judicial action/trials.  I am just thinking we are getting more missing person's listed and it gets tricky running back and forth with them.  I don't know how much time or effort these ideas would take for our Mods and Admin., and I appreciate all they do for us here at SM. And there might be a better way to set up or move things, if it didn't take too much time. Again, thank you for all you do.

I already added to Camille's thread that her body was found.  I'll add to Ryan's that he is safe.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 06:18:14 PM »

I already added to Camille's thread that her body was found.  I'll add to Ryan's that he is safe.

Thank you.  Thank you very much Laughing

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2007, 02:12:13 AM »

Trust me, I am not complaining, as you can see my praise.  I've just seen some smackdowns, that I just don't understand.  Seems to be getting stricter here. 
I feel bad for Sam, cause she is such a sweety.  Though I agree, this may not be the correct thread, just responding to what I know/see Sam feels and others, she is represening.

My thoughts,  I love the format!  I'm only trying to look objectively, and see of some concerns for lack of concern for feelings is all, "in the wrong thread".......

Sam was taking on the role of moderator telling Louise what and where she should post.  She was telling Louise she shouldn't have posted something in the MP thread when she (Sam) posted complaints in this thread which was also inappropriate.

It's not stricter here at all.  IMO, what Sam posted to Louise wasn't very nice.  It was not Sam's place to tell Louise where she should post it so I edited the post.  The post of Louise's that Sam was bothered by was directed at Rob 5 days ago.  Rob responded in a mature manner and the discussion was over.  Why did Sam suddenly feel a need to repremand Louise today?
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2007, 10:05:12 PM »

Please understand that I am confused, and as a life-long rule-follower, I do not want to offend/aggravate anyone by putting this in the incorrect thread.

I posted the following in the appreciation thread, but now I'll put it over here without the appreciation included.   Confused Confused

This is the one and only forum I've ever been involved in...

I loved being a monkey from the beginning ~ June 13, 2005. 

Loved the camaraderie ~ didn't particularly love the reason that we all came together ~ that being Natalee Holloway. 

Loved the fact that *we* were working together to try and figure out how it all happened.  What could we all do?  Lots of brainstorming. There were so many diverse personalities and abilities.  Scared Monkeys was truly blessed with its members.

When things were slow, we still came together and spent that time bonding and getting to know one another.  What a great opportunity which we all appreciated.

Yes, we were off topic at times..... but SO WHAT?  The absolute minute something was happening with Natalee, in Aruba, the Holloways.....EVERYONE was right back in the discussion.

I felt we were a family ~ always loved everyone ~ sometimes there were spats, of course......but isn't that what happens with families.

Frankly, I can remember only 2 or possibly 3 people that griped and whined (yes, I'm using those words) about the off-topic stuff.  And, I say, so what?

From what I understand, this was an incredibly unique forum in its original setup, and as it morphed into what it became, it was so very unique, until early this summer.

For me, my personal opinion only......the monkeys in the cage are who *made* this forum what it was/is today.   Yes, Red, you and Tom were the birth parents and we thank you both for that. 

We all worked together to perpetuate the cause of Natalee Holloway, and yes, other missing persons, too.

I will say that I appreciate that Dugga and Red made changes which they believed would work well.  I don't see that, but, Red, as you point out, it is your forum, and we are only guests. 

If I have a guest who feels uncomfortable, I certainly work with the guest so that he feels at ease.  I never want a guest to leave my home, never to return.

It is my opinion only, but I just had the feeling that Dugga wasn't really aware of the dynamics of this forum.....Natalee Holloway, other Missing Person, *and* our own personal family here at SM.  Maybe that is what has happened.  Not his fault,  he just didn't know our family.

It's wishful thinking, but gosh, I hope you all can look and see how many dedicated, intelligent, wonderful monkey members are MIA.  And why are they MIA? 

Maybe you could email some of the missing monkeys and get their take on the situation?  I'm sure you all must miss the smiling faces.  Wink

I appreciate that there will always be future monkeys to take the original spots, BUT there will never be monkeys to replace those who have taken their hearts and hopes, and disappeared.

Thank you for the opportunity to post my concerns in this thread.

TCUMOM / Joan
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2007, 10:18:34 PM »

Klaas..
 I guess I have been working too much and  I am lost. I dont spend 24/7 here like  some are able to do.. I do not have the luxary of having the internet at work.. and if we did.. no time to read or post .. too dang busy.   The changes get confusing in what threads to post what on? I wasn't complaining?
 Been  trying to keep caught up when I am able to..  Confused  With no news in Natalees case.. I have been following Maddys case more, so post there more often.
  SO PLEASE do not TELL ME I am IGNORING any facts.. I am not here all day and night like  others are able to be.
I posted.. I guess  this was one of the times I should have sit on my hands?  I posted on the worng thread.. Sad
 Guess I am not perfect  Sad    Sorry fo rmaking a mistake.. Feel free to move my post to the appropriate thread where it belongs?  Sorry.. Work.. family issues..  I guess I am braindead.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2007, 10:28:24 PM »

Angie - I see when you are in the forum.  I was not directing my post to only you, it was all of those who have chosen to not post at SM because they are angry with the changes.  They are posting those complaints in the appreciation thread.  Now maybe you didn't read ANY of the previous pages in the Appreciation thread.  If you had read, you would know that it's not for COMPLAINTS but for those that want to say something nice.

You want to complain, feel free to do it in this thread.  You don't even need to sit on your hands.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2007, 10:30:49 PM »

Klass TY for moving my post.
 I sure as hell am not out to argue with people... you or anyone else for that matter.  Confused
   I tryed to help in Maddys thread some.
I been a part of SM from almost  the VERY beginning..  not that it matters.. but here I am..  over 2 years later.
Sad   If I didnt care.. I would not be here. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2007, 10:47:26 PM »

I sure as hell am not out to argue with people... you or anyone else for that matter.  Confused
I been a part of SM from almost  the VERY beginning..  not that it matters.. but here I am..  over 2 years later.

Angie - I KNOW you care and the others who are not posting much any more care as well.  I just don't know what is expected of SM.  Here's what I see to be the main complaints:

1.  No more LCD thread.  That bothers people because they have to stay on topic in the NH thread.

2.  People don't like the ADs

3.  No more chat room

Now I'll try to address each issue.

1.  NH deserves what every other MP thread has and that's a thread without alot of off topic chit chat.  There is absolutely no reason why people who want to chit chat can't do that in the Musing thread.  Also, any aspect of the NH case including Shango can be discussed in the NH thread.  I DON'T SEE THE PROBLEM AND I CAN TELL YOU IT WILL NOT CHANGE BACK...WON'T HAPPEN...not for you or me or anyone else.

2.  The ADs are going to stay.  They may not be the same kind of ADs but there will be ADs.  THEY WON'T GO AWAY...not for me or you or anyone else

3.  The Chat room.  SM needs a secure chat room.  The software that was being used was good because it was integrated within the forum and was secure.  BUT..when many members were in the chat room it did cause a load on the server.  Another thing I noticed is the NH case was being discussed in the chat room.  Important information was being shared that simply got lost.  ******* was even looking for an address that had been posted in the chat room because he didn't capture it at the time.  So we went from people discussing the case in the forum to some talking about it in the chat room....NO GOOD.

In any case, it was decided to remove the chat feature.  Not my idea, the decision was made by Red and Dugga.  I don't know what the future holds as far as chat rooms at SM.

So, back to my question.  What do people EXPECT SM to do?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 10:49:08 PM by klaasend » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2007, 12:57:34 AM »

I will say it again Angie .... you are a guest in my home:

Here is the reality. Posting in a forum is like being a guests in someone's home. It is not an open forum like a park where you believe you have the right to do and say anything. There are rules, no different than you have in your own homes when guests come over.

You have the right to have a respectful discussion no different as if they were sitting in my living room. You do not have the right to be rude by putting their feet on my furniture, nor curse in my home, nor threaten me or my family.

The purpose is to debate and converse issues no differently if you were discussing them with me face to face. One thing you do not have the right to do is the criticize how I decorate my home or the color I paint my walls. That would be rather rude wouldn't it for me to enter you home and say your eye for decorum stinks, or you should have a different color carpet or you have no idea of fashion sense what-so-ever.

Get back to discussing issues ...
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2007, 01:47:34 AM »

Klaas  TY and I dont knwo what FOLKS want SM to do? I am not a mind reader. it seems like a crime that I have to work.. get lost and cant keep caught up anymore,.,  Sad right now SM is not my number 1 priority in my life. I try the best that I can to post.. Maddys thread I been thrre more case there is more news.

Red.. to you. When in sams hell have I EVER threatened YOU or your WIFE????
 I am not a damn member of refugees for crying out loud.  Mad Mad
 This conversation  is pointless IMO... See I like a good debate too . I prefer face to face. thats just how I am.
 People hide behind PC screens.. I am ME behind the PC and in person.
 So I dont kbow WHY you are picknig on me now all of a sudden.
 I do thank DUGGA for the compliment at least in Musings..  Smile
 I hardly post anymore cause I have my OWN issues to deal with. Guess that makes me a bad person? 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2007, 01:56:40 AM »

Angie - I think Red was going back to your post in the other thread:

I really didnt know what to post here, because I am not an ass kisser.  I think most al know by now I speak my mind.. may not be pretty at times.. but thats just me on ocassion. I have tryed to learn to sit on my hands anymore and not hit sumbit. Just like I have to watch my mouth at work sometimes    I wont change who I am ,, I am me,.,.and.. sorry if anyone has a problem with it.  I wont pretend to be someone I am not.   

If it were me, I'd just drop it and move on.  Not telling you what to do.  I know you have alot on your plate right now and SM is not a priority, actually nobody expects the members of SM to make it a first priority...family and work should always come first.

Edited to add:  When I say move on I don't mean leave SM, I mean just move on and get back to normal.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2007, 02:41:02 PM »

Suggestion for Dugga.  Something was done to allow the date on the Front Page to appear for those of us with Windows 98.....the same fine tuning would be nice on http://missingexploited.com/

Thanks.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2007, 03:11:44 PM »

Suggestion for Dugga.  Something was done to allow the date on the Front Page to appear for those of us with Windows 98.....the same fine tuning would be nice on http://missingexploited.com/

Thanks.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, 2NJSons_Mom. I will go do this right away.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2007, 09:07:22 PM »

Thanks.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, 2NJSons_Mom. I will go do this right away.

I was a UAT on my last job...guess I'm getting rusty but glad to help. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2007, 10:16:32 PM »

I am having problems with SM and IE today.  Whenever I bring up a SM page on IE it stays on for about 15 seconds then re-routes to a gateway search page with all kinds of links for cookies and stuff like that. When I go to other links that is NOT SM it does not do this.  This is not happening on AOL with SM.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks!
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2007, 10:19:53 PM »

I am having problems with SM and IE today.  Whenever I bring up a SM page on IE it stays on for about 15 seconds then re-routes to a gateway search page with all kinds of links for cookies and stuff like that. When I go to other links that is NOT SM it does not do this.  This is not happening on AOL with SM.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks!

Marlee, it sounds like you might have something nasty like a spyware plugin, although sometimes it's something as simple as a hidden tracking window that's been left open from a previous browsing session. If rebooting your computer doesn't solve your issue, you may want to look into running a program like AdAware or one of the other anti-trojan, anti-ad programs that others have listed elsewhere. It could be that you've caught a bug.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2007, 12:18:42 AM »

Snipped***

Loved the fact that *we* were working together to try and figure out how it all happened.  What could we all do?  Lots of brainstorming. There were so many diverse personalities and abilities.  Scared Monkeys was truly blessed with its members.

When things were slow, we still came together and spent that time bonding and getting to know one another.  What a great opportunity which we all appreciated.

Yes, we were off topic at times..... but SO WHAT?  The absolute minute something was happening with Natalee, in Aruba, the Holloways.....EVERYONE was right back in the discussion.

From what I understand, this was an incredibly unique forum in its original setup, and as it morphed into what it became, it was so very unique, until early this summer.

For me, my personal opinion only......the monkeys in the cage are who *made* this forum what it was/is today.   Yes, Red, you and Tom were the birth parents and we thank you both for that. 

I will say that I appreciate that Dugga and Red made changes which they believed would work well.  I don't see that, but, Red, as you point out, it is your forum, and we are only guests. (that has brought this to where it is today) 

If I have a guest who feels uncomfortable, I certainly work with the guest so that he feels at ease.  I never want a guest to leave my home, never to return.
[/color]
It is my opinion only, but I just had the feeling that Dugga wasn't really aware of the dynamics of this forum.....Natalee Holloway, other Missing Person, *and* our own personal family here at SM.  Maybe that is what has happened.  Not his fault,  he just didn't know our family.

It's wishful thinking, but gosh, I hope you all can look and see how many dedicated, intelligent, wonderful monkey members are MIA.  And why are they MIA? 

I appreciate that there will always be future monkeys to take the original spots, BUT there will never be monkeys to replace those who have taken their hearts and hopes, and disappeared.

Thank you for the opportunity to post my concerns in this thread.

TCUMOM / Joan[/color][/b]

Wow!  This is exactly what I've been trying to get at, but you finally said the words that wouldn't come to me.

I would hope a pray, the guests in my home are comfortable enought to return....  If not, then I would feel like as a Hostess, I have done something wrong and try to make whatever changes I could to make them feel welcome.  No disrespect meant here, I agree there is only so much one can do outside of there own comfort zone or power, but with the many 'diverse' guests here, I would try to find a solution to make them comfortable again, if it's in 'my' power.

I do miss those in MIA.....

I still love SM, and respect it, I would just like to think of those guests and friends as meaningful enough to care about.   JMO

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2007, 12:43:36 AM »

Dear Klaas,

I am very grateful to you for letting me know what Sam said which you edited. I was more than curious about that.

I'm entitled to my thoughts/opinions about anyone on this forum. I have no problems with anyone. I've been here longer than two years. I have never said anything against anyone.

All I said about Rob was that I didn't trust him for various reasons. One reason is that he is a good dodger. Long ago in the LCD, he posted something that I missed and I asked him if he could repost it. There was no reply. I asked again and someone said I could look it up at "so and so." I replied, "Why do I have to look it up when Rob is right here and can answer my question himself." Rob finally chimed in and said he would tell me but I could not ask him any questions. I was insulted and perplexed. What am I, chopped liver that I can't ask him a question? I thought we Monkeys were sharing information. How could he share with everyone else yet tell me I can't ask a question?

Where does Sam come into the picture defending Rob?

Rob responded and he said he wanted to make sure I didn't spread rumours about him. What???? The more I think about it, the more I know I should keep my mouth shut. Talk about "freedom of blog." Not so in this case. 

From Klaas:  Sam was taking on the role of moderator telling Louise what and where she should post.  She was telling Louise she shouldn't have posted something in the MP thread when she (Sam) posted complaints in this thread which was also inappropriate.

It's not stricter here at all.  IMO, what Sam posted to Louise wasn't very nice.  It was not Sam's place to tell Louise where she should post it so I edited the post.  The post of Louise's that Sam was bothered by was directed at Rob 5 days ago.  Rob responded in a mature manner and the discussion was over.  Why did Sam suddenly feel a need to repremand Louise today?

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2007, 07:18:04 PM »

Dugga - Sue needs your help Wink

Klaas,
I am still having problems with my home computer and I freeze up
When I get into forum, I am at work now
I emailed Dugga right after I emailed you and I havent heard from him yet. Sad Sad Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.