April 19, 2024, 09:37:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FORUM ISSUES/SUGGESTIONS - PLEASE POST PROBLEMS AND SUGGESTIONS HERE  (Read 16636 times)
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2007, 07:33:53 PM »

I will say it again Angie .... you are a guest in my home:

Here is the reality. Posting in a forum is like being a guests in someone's home. It is not an open forum like a park where you believe you have the right to do and say anything. There are rules, no different than you have in your own homes when guests come over.

You have the right to have a respectful discussion no different as if they were sitting in my living room. You do not have the right to be rude by putting their feet on my furniture, nor curse in my home, nor threaten me or my family.

The purpose is to debate and converse issues no differently if you were discussing them with me face to face. One thing you do not have the right to do is the criticize how I decorate my home or the color I paint my walls. That would be rather rude wouldn't it for me to enter you home and say your eye for decorum stinks, or you should have a different color carpet or you have no idea of fashion sense what-so-ever.

Get back to discussing issues ...

No disrespect intended, but the my-home and my-living-room analogy disappeared when SM began accepting advertising. You wouldn't invite me into your home and expect me to watch advertising as an obligation. Nor would you report back to advertisers the number of "guests" you had entertained, and reached with their message, in your real home. Advertising is not a bad thing -- it's just not a living-room thing. SM is now a commercial conversation room.

Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2007, 08:18:52 PM »

Dugga - Sue needs your help Wink

Klaas,
I am still having problems with my home computer and I freeze up
When I get into forum, I am at work now
I emailed Dugga right after I emailed you and I havent heard from him yet. Sad Sad Sad

Hmm... This is either a case where I didn't receive the message, or if I received it and responded it didn't get through. I'm working with AOL and Hotmail on some email issues at the moment, and last night I installed a new system in the server which I finished debugging today.

Sue, would you please re-send your message to dugga@scaredmonkeys.com? I do respond to all the technical questions I receive.
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2007, 01:51:22 PM »

http://alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=scaredmonkeys.net

If you read the above site it has an overview plus traffic details. It says it is slower than 87 percent of sites on the internet.It also says the traffic is down 42 percent over the past 3 months. Could there be a reason for the downturn?

I know I read here less and less all the time and post seldom because everything takes to long. It takes to long to sign in and and again to long to get to a page to post so I am lucky to make 1 post while here. I along with quite a few others find it so frustrating that we give up. Most of the problems seem to stem from the  the popups or popunders or the flashing ads. I have been told many times now this is not going to change.

I keep trying to make constructive criticism. I along with many others do not want Scared Monkeys to fail.We do realise also that it needs to be self supporting but a forum without readers or posters does nothing to help missing persons. JMHO

Another site that has a traffic report graph is
http://boardreader.com/index.php?a=l&q=scaredmonkeys.net&o=140

On this one the graph on the right hand side of the page you can click to activate and find how many post were made in a day. Interesting a large number were made on September 30. I have no idea what was happening that day. You can also move the graph backwards to see previous months totals.

I hope the changes Dugga is making this weekend will be positive changes to help Scared Monkeys survive and not just more flashing ads or popups or unders.
I am not even changing to the neat halloween avatar CBB did for me because everything just takes to long.

Just a swinging with the tribe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2007, 02:15:55 PM »

http://alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=scaredmonkeys.com

Scaredmonkeys.com has a traffic rank of: 210,970   (up 34,247)

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2007, 07:35:38 PM »

If I am not mistaken, the site Sam is referring to concerns the FORUM only, scaredmonkeys.net.  I see there are stats for both the forum, which is .net and the FP which is .com.   Good links to check out various sites on the web.  I learn so much from the monkeys, it never ceases to amaze me.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2007, 07:55:11 PM »

If I am not mistaken, the site Sam is referring to concerns the FORUM only, scaredmonkeys.net.  I see there are stats for both the forum, which is .net and the FP which is .com.   Good links to check out various sites on the web.  I learn so much from the monkeys, it never ceases to amaze me.
Yes, you are correct.  I was just pointing out that even though the traffic is down in the forum it is up on the front page.  Both .com and .net are on the same server with the same ads and popups.

I'm not a popup fan myself, I was just showing that traffic is up on the front page even with the ads. 
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2007, 08:16:31 AM »

Yes, you are correct.  I was just pointing out that even though the traffic is down in the forum it is up on the front page.  Both .com and .net are on the same server with the same ads and popups.

I'm not a popup fan myself, I was just showing that traffic is up on the front page even with the ads. 

I'm not a pop up fan, either. Don't think too many are  Wink

But I would like to post a reminder --

IT'S ABOUT NATALEE

At least it always has been for me

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2007, 06:10:43 PM »

I am just at wit's end.  It is nearly impossible to get to a page.  I have over 500 blocked pop-ups at SM alone. I am the 999,999 visitor for the hundredth time and I have just won another laptop.
I can understand advertising, but is so much of it really necessary?
I don't get the pop ups anywhere else....well, once, when I accidently ended up at a celebrity hate site. 
Sometimes it is easier to go to RU and read what is going on with the Monkeys.
I miss all of the old posters.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2007, 06:50:32 PM »

I am just at wit's end.  It is nearly impossible to get to a page.  I have over 500 blocked pop-ups at SM alone. I am the 999,999 visitor for the hundredth time and I have just won another laptop.
I can understand advertising, but is so much of it really necessary?
I don't get the pop ups anywhere else....well, once, when I accidently ended up at a celebrity hate site. 
Sometimes it is easier to go to RU and read what is going on with the Monkeys.
I miss all of the old posters.

AMEN ~ AMEN ~ AMEN ..... and by the way, you can't be the 999,999 visitor 'cause I have been that special person for weeks now!   Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2007, 07:13:40 PM »

3 minutes from sign in page to reply page. I do not have this problem on any other site I belong too. All have advertising.

Sharon, I am glad you are here for Natalee. I am or always have been as well but when I have spent so much time trying to get to page to read and post on Natalees page I become frustrated. I was under the impression this is where I could voice that. I was also criticised for posting my views on the appreciation thread but it seems others can post there views anywhere they choose. JMHO

Port Valerie and Magnolia would you please put my AOL instant message name on your buddy list and contact me when you see me on line. I believe it will show up if you click on the guy on this post or it is also listed in my profile. Thanks

Just a swinging with the tribe
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2007, 07:47:18 PM »

Sam honey,
  Your AIM dont show in your profile?

Magnolia and PV.. email me.. and I can get you in touch with Sam  Smile  TY

Angiex911dsptchr@aol.com     
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2007, 07:55:14 PM »

Sam honey,
  Your AIM dont show in your profile?

Magnolia and PV.. email me.. and I can get you in touch with Sam  Smile  TY

Angiex911dsptchr@aol.com     
I just got it and talked to her ???  Did you click on the under her AVI ?

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.