March 28, 2024, 09:29:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scared Monkeys Appreciation  (Read 14882 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2007, 01:11:32 AM »

I created the thread below for FORUM ISSUES before Red created THIS thread called Scared Monkeys Appreciation.  The FORUM ISSUES thread is where complaints or constructive criticism of the forum changes should be made.  It's also in my signature line. 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2105.0

Red created this thread to see if anyone could think of the positive things about SM:

I have seen recently an awful lot of complaining when it comes to talking about SM. Granted, I realize that some are just trying to cause problems as so many have done in the past. Always remember that the big picture of SM (Front page blog, forum, Missing Persons site & SM radio) has always been to help families, provide information in a community setting. Please remember that when the thought of complaining about a minor issue arises. We want people to participate and add things of interest, not just create issues and cause problems.

However, I would like people to focus on the positive not the negative. Please tell me what you like or appreciate about SM.

What would you like to see in the future that interests you? Thanks ...

I'm just trying to point out what the purpose of this thread was supposed to be  Wink
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2007, 03:55:25 PM »

Thanks Klaas  Wink

I was only trying to think of a way for monkeys to feel like they can provide input, such as suggestions or ideas for improvement, rather than just pointing out "issues" or problems.  It tends to come out sounding negative at times and I don't think that is everybody's intentions, but sometimes it's how it is taken?  I am just looking for that happy medium, where people can put there thoughts and suggestions down to be considered for future updates, rather than sounding like complaints or problems.

Monkeys who have been here from the beginning, who have openly and actively supported SM forever, believe there feelings aren't being heard correctly, or there feelings are just not important.  It's disheartening to some when they feel they have been loyal all these years and are suddenly getting threats of being banned, so they are getting discouraged and are leaving. 

On the otherhand, I realize, that some may over-complain, or not very diplomatic and that can be frustrating to Red and Dugga, understandably, they get defensive.

I hope that makes sense and you understand what I am getting at.  It is just a thought, in hopes to keep everybody happy and assist the Admins. in making this remain like home.  New home, but still the same cage.....

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2007, 04:24:37 PM »

Red & Dugga,

I love the new monkey!!!

P.S.

I would never go up to a new mother and tell her that her baby is butt ugly. Good way to loose few teeth.

Laughing

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2007, 04:47:42 PM »

Thanks Klaas  Wink

I was only trying to think of a way for monkeys to feel like they can provide input, such as suggestions or ideas for improvement, rather than just pointing out "issues" or problems.  It tends to come out sounding negative at times and I don't think that is everybody's intentions, but sometimes it's how it is taken?  I am just looking for that happy medium, where people can put there thoughts and suggestions down to be considered for future updates, rather than sounding like complaints or problems.

Monkeys who have been here from the beginning, who have openly and actively supported SM forever, believe there feelings aren't being heard correctly, or there feelings are just not important.  It's disheartening to some when they feel they have been loyal all these years and are suddenly getting threats of being banned, so they are getting discouraged and are leaving. 

On the otherhand, I realize, that some may over-complain, or not very diplomatic and that can be frustrating to Red and Dugga, understandably, they get defensive.

I hope that makes sense and you understand what I am getting at.  It is just a thought, in hopes to keep everybody happy and assist the Admins. in making this remain like home.  New home, but still the same cage.....

I changed the title to MY thread to FORUM ISSUES/SUGGESTIONS  Wink
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2007, 09:10:56 PM »

i would just like to say that scared monkeys will always hold a special place in my heart...like many have said..it is a home..a safe place...one that has helped me through a lot of difficult times over the past 2&1/2 years! all efforts,time,energy,money,friendships are much appreciated by thecuz!
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2007, 11:18:10 PM »

I offer up another big THANKS for this forum.

I've never been on a forum before. I explored others and their design, ease of use, the mood of the posters, etc. and no other board can compare to this one. This is a wonderful place.

I've met some dear friends here and have forged important relationships.

As I mentioned, I spent well over two years of my life here. We all posted about Natalee and theorized and theorized and theorized. And we are still doing it.

A big smoochie and thanks to the Reds, Scared Tom, Klaas and Dugga. I wub you.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2007, 08:08:51 PM »

I have found support for both big and small issues here, prayers for me when I needed them, and kind words. I have made friends, and learned so much from reading posts expressing diverse opinions and ideas.
SM is about people. People coming together out of caring and concern for other people, and trying to help in any way that they can.
Out of something so sad, something wonderful came about. SM is a community that cares about missing people, children, our country, our military, and each other. It is a unique place. And I really believe the people here have made a difference.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2007, 01:48:58 PM »

This is going to be a very difficult post for me.I really and truly do not want it to sound negative.I also know there is the possibility that some will find it that way. Here goes...I also do not plan on naming many names. I think you will know yourself in here.

I appreciate the many caring posters I have met on the Scared Monkeys site in the past 2 + years. Yes there have been many. Those who will pray for strangers at the drop of a hat. Those who will join searches for missing folks they do not know.

I also appreciate the many , many posters who have done so much research trying to find answers for Natalee and her family and loved ones. Some of these have went on to have there own blogs but still come to Scared Monkeys either doing research or telling things they have discovered.

We all have had a common goal and that has been Justice for Natalee. We are all still praying for that.I appreciate Red and Tom for supplying this one of many forums set up for that purpose.

I appreciate Klaas and San for there dedication of always being there for us.

I have also always been a firm believer in trying to keep our posters from deserting or being banned. You have never heard me wanting anyone banned.

It does bother me when we are expected to follow a Borg mentality. We have seen what happens when that is not only encouraged but expected.Some good examples are the Jonestown massacre as well as the Branch Dravidian's.Thank God there were some folks who managed to get out of those situations.

I was raised to think for myself, Not to succumb to peer pressure. I was also raised as a liberated female long before Womens Lib. Yet it does not truly offend me like it does some to be called a broad or a cow ( I breast fed) or a Grannie.In my case I believe I am all those things. For others those terms are offensive.

I have never heard anyone say in chat or in email that they want to see Scared Monkeys fail.I enjoy chat and am glad Carnut set it up for us.

I still hate the popups and of course I hate that some are allowed to express their opinions while others are not. JMHO

Just a swinging with the tribe
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2007, 12:05:31 AM »

I enjoy the many topics that exist here.  There is something for everybody. I truly enjoy the diversity and the knowledge/many talents of other posters.  They enlighten, encouage and inspire me and make me think things through more thoroughly.  There is such a vast amount of information on all topics!  And not to mention some very special friends.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2007, 12:20:01 AM »

This is going to be a very difficult post for me.I really and truly do not want it to sound negative.I also know there is the possibility that some will find it that way. Here goes...I also do not plan on naming many names. I think you will know yourself in here.

I appreciate the many caring posters I have met on the Scared Monkeys site in the past 2 + years. Yes there have been many. Those who will pray for strangers at the drop of a hat. Those who will join searches for missing folks they do not know.

I also appreciate the many , many posters who have done so much research trying to find answers for Natalee and her family and loved ones. Some of these have went on to have there own blogs but still come to Scared Monkeys either doing research or telling things they have discovered.

We all have had a common goal and that has been Justice for Natalee. We are all still praying for that.I appreciate Red and Tom for supplying this one of many forums set up for that purpose.

I appreciate Klaas and San for there dedication of always being there for us.

I have also always been a firm believer in trying to keep our posters from deserting or being banned. You have never heard me wanting anyone banned.

It does bother me when we are expected to follow a Borg mentality. We have seen what happens when that is not only encouraged but expected.Some good examples are the Jonestown massacre as well as the Branch Dravidian's.Thank God there were some folks who managed to get out of those situations.

I was raised to think for myself, Not to succumb to peer pressure. I was also raised as a liberated female long before Womens Lib. Yet it does not truly offend me like it does some to be called a broad or a cow ( I breast fed) or a Grannie.In my case I believe I am all those things. For others those terms are offensive.

I have never heard anyone say in chat or in email that they want to see Scared Monkeys fail.I enjoy chat and am glad Carnut set it up for us.

I still hate the popups and of course I hate that some are allowed to express their opinions while others are not. JMHO

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2007, 12:54:49 AM »

Oops!  I hit enter before I finished my quote of SAM's points.

I wanted to point out what Sam said, because I read her thread after  my last appreciation thread.  As you know, I try to stay neutral, and am always honest with what I say, as I stated what I like about SM. But I am truly concerned about a few things Sam has brought up.  From my own experience and observations, I find it true, that SM is becoming a little to much anti-freedom of speech.   Opinions and concerns are immediately taken as "negative, complaining".

I more than anything appreciate the mods. and Red's for monitoring the anti-bashing of families and victims, but why can't people state there concerns on other things?  Aren't these the very monkeys who have been here loyaly, as I've spoken in previous posts above?   I saw a post where Sam was edited, but not sure why?  Does SM truly care about those who have been loyal and loving monkeys for 2+ years, who were major supporters and even helped in any means possible/available to them,  to assist funding SM with either donations or purchasing items? Suddenly those very monkeys concerns are just a thorn in somebody's side now?  As much as I love SM, as I know others do to, I am disappointed in how suddenly some are being treated as sudden enemies (complainers, as though there concerns are a pain in the @ss). 

As Dugga says, who has been here a short time (I appreciate what he's done, so no bashing), for every monkey who leaves, there are 3 more to join?  I just happen to be a very loyal person and guess I expect the same from those I care about (all SM Monkeys, that aren't blatantly obnoxious).   What is up with SM becoming so defensive and pushing away those who helped make them who they are today?  All the research they put in and contributed in the NH case!?

I love SM for many reasons, but very disappointed in how the some old monkeys are being treated.  Like Sam said, even in chat, nobody wants SM to fail, they just want the loyalty returned and appreciated.  Where do you think alot of the references and documentation originally came from?  Lord,  I am so disappointed and hope that SM would appreciate all the efforts and contributions of those to NH case are provided the treatment they deserve. And we could have more freedom of speech (with limits of course, but more than what exists now).

Remember, I am one who sees both sides and am trying to be neutral here, but I am seeing things a little unfair and feel the need to speak out!   For my old monky friends and new alike!   

Don't EVER forget who helped you get where you are and helped provide the info. you have on the NH case!

With love,

Di

p.s. Just feel passionate about what is going on and feel the need to speak out.  Hope you appreciate that.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2007, 01:33:57 AM »

Sam and Dihannah - I'm leaving your posts stand but if you look at the beginning of this thread, Red asked specifically for it to be what you Appreciate without the complaints.

I created a complaint/issue thread and it's in my signature line. 

The topic of this thread is:

I have seen recently an awful lot of complaining when it comes to talking about SM. Granted, I realize that some are just trying to cause problems as so many have done in the past. Always remember that the big picture of SM (Front page blog, forum, Missing Persons site & SM radio) has always been to help families, provide information in a community setting. Please remember that when the thought of complaining about a minor issue arises. We want people to participate and add things of interest, not just create issues and cause problems.

However, I would like people to focus on the positive not the negative. Please tell me what you like or appreciate about SM.

What would you like to see in the future that interests you? Thanks ...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2007, 01:42:56 AM »

Nobody is being pushed away, that's what I don't understand.  The format of the forum has changed, that is all.  Some of you don't like that.  What do you want Red to do, change it back? 

Some of you have CHOSEN to step away because you either don't like the forum or you don't like the ads.  It's as if you are telling Red, change it back or we are leaving.  I can tell you that the format of the forum will not go back to what it was.  As far as the ads go, Dugga and Red may change to different ads...who knows? 

We don't like to see members leave but what are we supposed to do?

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2007, 01:59:51 AM »

{{removed by request}}
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 09:09:18 PM by klaasend » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2007, 02:10:20 PM »

ap·pre·ci·a·tion      /əˌpriʃiˈeɪʃən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uh-pree-shee-ey-shuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1.   gratitude; thankful recognition: They showed their appreciation by giving him a gold watch.

Thank you Red, Mrs. Red, Dugga, Klaas, San and ******* for all of the extraordinary things you have done to bring us Scared Monkeys.  I am proud to be a part of the family.  I have enjoyed making new friends in faraway places, and found I have some monkey friends just right down the road.  And thank you to all the monkeys here that make up the Scared Monkeys Family. 

I like the front page, which is my first stop.  I have enjoyed Dana's show (thank you Dana!).  Thank you for making this forum available for the missing and exploited.  If we can help find just one person, it will have all been worth it.  I got to know about Tim Miller through Scared Monkeys.  It is said we are judged by the company we keep. I guess I'm okay, because I'm in great company with the monkeys. Thank you all!  Please accept my appreciation for everything you've given us.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2007, 02:26:47 PM »

many, many of you come on and defend some posters without knowing all that has been said behind the scenes... people send emails to red (which as this person knows will never see the light of day) telling us that they are going to make sure we are single handedly destroyed... and when they get banned on other sites, never not once do these same "defenders" go there and tell the mods and owners how bad that blog sucks... it wouldn't be allowed..but you are all damn sure to do it here

why we are supposed to be happy about that is beyond me... I don't think that y'all DO see both sides , you can't ... you just see it when I finally reach a frustration point that I try very hard to express why and how things are happening only to hear what a bitch I am or how awful we are or how ... even though there is ONLY endless bashing of us lately .... we don't allow comments...

What Sam said to LV was uncalled for... if you want tolerance, practice tolerance....

I have no idea why taking Natalee's case into it's own place was such an issue... we didn't say that you couldn't say whatever in musings... but I have been slapped down three of four times for talking about mascara from more than one posters.... and that is what the thread is for... don't want to talk mascara... change the subject... y'all used to do that all the time... but now .. oh hell NO! instead come on make a hit and run post and tell me how I shouldn't dare speak of MASCARA when you (the collective - not you DiHannah) wants to discuss something else, and then be sure to tell me how bad I suck, Red sucks and run off without saying another word...

Yes, that would be tolerance....

I will say I have learned a LOT of life lessons thanks to y'all though... and like a very wise poster said the other day - I have considered all of you friends.. and wow, how fast that turned.... makes me wonder if all the emails that have been sent were ever part of the truth????

Friends, is this really how you treat friends?? I have gotten some truly evil emails lately over a comment I DID NOT MAKE AND DID NOT SEE.. but not one of you ever sent me the offending post... I do not and cannot see everything... and can't fix what I don't see...

so fwiw... i am finished with the topic. It has been more than abundately clear that you really do think we suck... and I am tired of having this ... we aren't bashing you but you suck conversation...

you keep expressing it's how you feel... etc... just telling you how I feel... like I for whatever reason think for one second you care.. because it's very apparent that you don't.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2007, 02:32:18 PM »

This thread was set up for one reason and one reason only, what did people appreciate about this site. It is telling that some cannot even do that and follow directions, but instead feel the continual need to gripe.

Appreciation(definition)

For some who seem to have a problem with what the word appreciation means, please read the following definition.

1. Recognition of the quality, value, significance, or magnitude of people and things.
2. A judgment or opinion, especially a favorable one.
3. An expression of gratitude.
4. Awareness or delicate perception, especially of aesthetic qualities or values.
5. A rise in value or price, especially over time.

That does not mean using the old, "yea, but" phrase.
Staring out with a compliment only to really try to may a negative comment. I can read those anywhere.

I would really question those that would make the "freedom of speech" comment as people have been given multiple chances on this forum against my better judgment. In many circumstances they have resorted back to ways and comments that can only mean they wish to have their vocal rights taken away. SM, takes the high road and does not share the emails that contain threats; however, trust me they do exists.

Here is the reality. Posting in a forum is like being a guests in someone's home. It is not an open forum like a park where you believe you have the right to do and say anything. There are rules, no different than you have in your own homes when guests come over.

You have the right to have a respectful discussion no different as if they were sitting in my living room. You do not have the right to be rude by putting their feet on my furniture, nor curse in my home, nor threaten me or my family.

The purpose is to debate and converse issues no differently if you were discussing them with me face to face. One thing you do not have the right to do is the criticize how I decorate my home or the color I paint my walls. That would be rather rude wouldn't it for me to enter you home and say your eye for decorum stinks, or you should have a different color carpet or you have no idea of fashion sense what-so-ever.

One can only do that about their own home, in their own home.

Nothing we are doing here is an effort to nor make you stay, you are wishing to leave.

Once again I will put forth the question and see if ALL can respond to the answer and not see fit to once again try and complain ... This is a positive question, I will see if there are those that can only dwell in a self-serving negative way.

WHAT DO YOU APPRECIATE ABOUT SCARED MONKEYS?

We shall see if ALL can follow direction.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2007, 02:34:40 PM »

ap·pre·ci·a·tion      /əˌpriʃiˈeɪʃən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uh-pree-shee-ey-shuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1.   gratitude; thankful recognition: They showed their appreciation by giving him a gold watch.

Thank you Red, Mrs. Red, Dugga, Klaas, San and ******* for all of the extraordinary things you have done to bring us Scared Monkeys.  I am proud to be a part of the family.  I have enjoyed making new friends in faraway places, and found I have some monkey friends just right down the road.  And thank you to all the monkeys here that make up the Scared Monkeys Family. 

I like the front page, which is my first stop.  I have enjoyed Dana's show (thank you Dana!).  Thank you for making this forum available for the missing and exploited.  If we can help find just one person, it will have all been worth it.  I got to know about Tim Miller through Scared Monkeys.  It is said we are judged by the company we keep. I guess I'm okay, because I'm in great company with the monkeys. Thank you all!  Please accept my appreciation for everything you've given us.

Thank you MB, as I was writing you had the same train of thought.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2007, 02:35:52 PM »

–noun

THANK YOU MUFFY BEE....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2007, 02:47:55 PM »

I appreciate what you all have done for me,I will always appreciate your kind deeds for others.I don't understand a lot of what is going on in most threads,good or bad but I do know the hard work you here at scaredmonkeys have put into this blog,more than a blog.
Your unselfishness amazes me and keeps my faith in other's kindness in tip top shape.
I want to thank you all from my whole,smishy heart,
Thank YOU!
{{{{{Big Monkey Hugs}}}}}

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.