March 28, 2024, 07:06:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scared Monkeys Appreciation  (Read 14886 times)
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2007, 08:24:54 PM »

I was always so proud to be a Monkey.  I thank you for that priveledge.

I do miss all the other monkeys who have stopped posting.  I appreciated them too.  They always made me feel warm and welcome.

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2007, 08:57:39 PM »

I was always so proud to be a Monkey.  I thank you for that priveledge.

I do miss all the other monkeys who have stopped posting.  I appreciated them too.  They always made me feel warm and welcome.

Dittos all around on what SF wrote.

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2007, 09:19:16 PM »

This is the one and only forum I've ever been involved in...

I loved being a monkey from the beginning ~ June 13, 2005. 

Loved the camaraderie ~ didn't particularly love the reason that we all came together ~ that being Natalee Holloway. 

Loved the fact that *we* were working together to try and figure out how it all happened.  What could we all do?  Lots of brainstorming. 

When things were slow, we still came together and spent that time bonding and getting to know one another.  What a great opportunity which we all appreciated.

I felt we were a family ~ always loved everyone ~ sometimes there were spats, of course......but isn't that what happens with families.

For me, my personal opinion only......the monkeys in the cage are who *made* this forum what it was/is today.  Yes, Red, you and Tom were the birth parents and we thank you both for that. 

I appreciate what we have done together to perpetuate the cause of Natalee Holloway, and yes, other missing persons, too.

Because this is an appreciation thread, I will say that I appreciate that Dugga and Red made changes which they believed would work well.  Perhaps they have been positive changes. 

I don't see that, but I appreciate that you think they've been positive changes.

It's wishful thinking, but gosh, I hope you all can look and see how many dedicated, intelligent, wonderful monkey members are MIA.  And why are they MIA?

I appreciate that there will always be future monkeys to take the original spots, BUT there will never be monkeys to replace those who have taken their hearts and hopes, and disappeared.

Thank you for the opportunity to post my appreciation in this thread.

TCUMOM / Joan
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2007, 09:35:45 PM »

This is the one and only forum I've ever been involved in...

I loved being a monkey from the beginning ~ June 13, 2005. 

Loved the camaraderie ~ didn't particularly love the reason that we all came together ~ that being Natalee Holloway. 

Loved the fact that *we* were working together to try and figure out how it all happened.  What could we all do?  Lots of brainstorming. 

When things were slow, we still came together and spent that time bonding and getting to know one another.  What a great opportunity which we all appreciated.

I felt we were a family ~ always loved everyone ~ sometimes there were spats, of course......but isn't that what happens with families.

For me, my personal opinion only......the monkeys in the cage are who *made* this forum what it was/is today.  Yes, Red, you and Tom were the birth parents and we thank you both for that. 

I appreciate what we have done together to perpetuate the cause of Natalee Holloway, and yes, other missing persons, too.

Because this is an appreciation thread, I will say that I appreciate that Dugga and Red made changes which they believed would work well.  Perhaps they have been positive changes. 

I don't see that, but I appreciate that you think they've been positive changes.

It's wishful thinking, but gosh, I hope you all can look and see how many dedicated, intelligent, wonderful monkey members are MIA.  And why are they MIA?

I appreciate that there will always be future monkeys to take the original spots, BUT there will never be monkeys to replace those who have taken their hearts and hopes, and disappeared.

Thank you for the opportunity to post my appreciation in this thread.

TCUMOM / Joan

TCUMOM ~!!  Great post  Smile

I appreciate SM and all of the wonderful folks as well.. and miss those as well MIA.
 I neevr was involved in any forum either. Well.. I take that back. Read  Petersons case on AOL message boards.. and YIKEs such mean nasty people. I refrained from posting there.
  We were all brought together for a reason.. Natalee Holloway.  Thats the reason why I joined long long ago. Made some wonderful friends along the way.. even ones who think I hate their guts.. I dont. We all have our differences.
 WHat family don't? I think as our SM members as an extended family.
I really didnt know what to post here, because I am not an ass kisser.  I think most al know by now I speak my mind.. may not be pretty at times.. but thats just me on ocassion. I have tryed to learn to sit on my hands anymore and not hit sumbit. Just like I have to watch my mouth at work sometimes  Smile  I wont change who I am ,, I am me,.,.and.. sorry if anyone has a problem with it.  I wont pretend to be someone I am not.   Cool
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2007, 09:37:22 PM »

Must not be many real ISSUES as none of you are posting in the thread created for issues/concerns:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2105.0

Angie wrote:

I really didnt know what to post here, because I am not an ass kisser.  I think most al know by now I speak my mind.. may not be pretty at times.. but thats just me on ocassion. I have tryed to learn to sit on my hands anymore and not hit sumbit. Just like I have to watch my mouth at work sometimes    I wont change who I am ,, I am me,.,.and.. sorry if anyone has a problem with it.  I wont pretend to be someone I am not.

This thread was for members to post positive things about SM.  It was not a REQUIRED thread, nobody said you had to post here or kiss anyones ASS.

If you have a problem or issue or concern it needs to be posted in the proper thread.  It has been said numerous times in this thread but you and others continue to IGNORE that fact.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 10:08:21 PM by klaasend » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2007, 12:51:17 AM »

Must not be many real ISSUES as none of you are posting in the thread created for issues/concerns:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2105.0

Angie wrote:

I really didnt know what to post here, because I am not an ass kisser.  I think most al know by now I speak my mind.. may not be pretty at times.. but thats just me on ocassion. I have tryed to learn to sit on my hands anymore and not hit sumbit. Just like I have to watch my mouth at work sometimes    I wont change who I am ,, I am me,.,.and.. sorry if anyone has a problem with it.  I wont pretend to be someone I am not.

This thread was for members to post positive things about SM.  It was not a REQUIRED thread, nobody said you had to post here or kiss anyones ASS.

If you have a problem or issue or concern it needs to be posted in the proper thread.  It has been said numerous times in this thread but you and others continue to IGNORE that fact.

So much for being a guest in one's home. No one forces you to post in this thread. If you cannot find anything that you appreciate about SM, DON"T POST!!!

So much for the positive in this thread as I stated above. Its not about "kissing ass", Its about having respect for a web site and all the hard work that goes into it.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2007, 01:38:52 AM »

If I didnt have respect do yah think I would not be here after 2 years for crying out loud? I have helped in more ways then YOU know.. TRUST ME.   
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2007, 08:51:41 AM »

SM is far more than a forum to support the cause of the Holloway case.  It is true that many people came together to share ideas, discuss and even participate actively in supporting that cause that consumed much of one year.  During that time we have all seen people come and go.

What does not elude me is that SM was here before Natalee Holloway went missing and it has certainly become one of the best forums to discuss all missing persons.  It was not created as a forum for NH.  There has been a natural evolution, which has taken place.  I am certainly not one who thinks of this as an extended family, yet I communicate with several of its members even beyond these threads.  I have those who have left the forum long ago who communicate with me because we have certain needs or interests in common.

I have had others help me with genealogy issues, sports questions, travel issues and questions, ( TY to Mrs. Red as our trip to Boston was a very enjoyable one).  I have discussed movies, music, weather, crime, some politics, and a mired of other issues both within the forum and outside.  It has given me a base to expand upon and understand the views and interests of others.

This continues to be a “free” forum while so many others have turned to membership fees.  I prefer to continue to read here as I did before NH.  I have made suggestions over the years, however, it is not my place to demand.  In the beginning I was reading political and other opinions from the news of the day.  I still continue to do so.  I am always interested in how others view our ever-changing world.  There are written statements here that I certainly disagree with and could never support.  I do sometimes seek to understand why someone would feel the way they do.  It is not my place to try to change their view of life, only to understand it.

I do not subscribe to a “love it or leave it “ philosophy because I have learned long ago that a person must expose themselves to thoughts and ideas which are contrary to their own if they wish to grow as a person.  I suppose I have grown more than most here since I am probably older than most. (tongue in cheek)  I suspect that as the months passed after the disappearance of NH we gradually lost many of the younger members and that our average age of maturity has increased numerically and hopefully mentally.

Thank you SM for providing the service and opportunities that you do.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2007, 09:12:29 AM »

What I like about SM is that it continues to focus on the serious issue of missing persons and their families.  That SM continues to be in the forefront of blogs that allow the victims and their families to have a voice.   That we have so many talented members with great researching abilities.

I'm very thankful for Dugga and all the work Red and Dugga have done to improve SM.  I realize there will be some transitional issues and changes that need getting used to.  Time will resolve those. 

Kudos to Red and Dugga!

What Klaas has posted about sums up my feelings also.  I do go to the Front Page first, to see what's up.  And then onto the forum, say "hi" to the Monks and check the threads.  I am always hopeful for a bit of news or new development in Natalee's case.  It was Natalee that first brought me to SM, and through that I have been made aware of other missing and exploited and find that they too must be found and if they were harmed, to be bring to justice  those responsible.  We have threads on News of the Day, Decorating, Music , Australia (love it, Tib), and many areas of interest.  I like them all.  Klaas, who is able to leap tall buildings at a single bound is a great Admin, and the Mods CBB, San and ******* are helpful.  Dugga has been patient with me when I send him emails trying to figure out why something does or doesn't happen and has an interesting sense of humor, adding a new dimension to the monkey family.  And of course, there are the Reds, Mr. and Mrs.  Smile    Bless 'em both for all they do.  We know Mrs. Red is more than just a pretty face that like shoes.  She must be doing things behind the scenes and I have an inkling she gives up a lot of her time with Mr. Red for us at SM.  Last but not least there is Red aka The Shadow.  I like what you have created Red, and I can't thank you enough for your tireless efforts.  The transition to the new forum hasn't been a problem for me.  I am still here. Smile Don't really have any complaints, except about the complainers.  LOL  Ps:  Did I forget to mention Dana and SM radio?    :  That's great stuff.  And I got to know about Texas Equuasearch and Tim Miller through SM. And that's a good thing. thumright

I am going to hop on to both Klaas' and Muffy's post...I found SM after reading at several other forums....I read for a long time before I decided to post....SM was the only place that I was about to get REAL information about Natalee....I was so impressed with the monkey's and the resarch abilities of some......How does one adequately thank Red and Mrs. Red for all they have given to us....for the time and money and personal commitment to SM?  And to Klaas who gives so freely of her time and expertise......and now the other MODs and DUGGA...and of course DANA..these are SPECIAL PEOPLE.....we have so many special people on this forum.....because of SM I joined TES....one of the BEST things I have ever done in my life.....because of SM I have met some amazing people and formed life long friendships...because of SM missing people now have a VOICE...do I appreciate SM?  You better believe it...I may not have the eloquent words to express it.....but I hope everyone knows what's in my heart.  Along with all the good people we have had some real stinkers.....but those people are so insignificant in the REAL world of SM...are they aggravating? YES!  Do they push the LIMITS? Yes!! Do they cause problems? YES!  Have some become more than a nuisance? YES! YES! YES! Have some THREATENED THE REDS...YES!!!  Some have  tried and failed to start their own forum and get followers...but they failed....smug little people who thought they KNEW how to run a forum better than SM...these little people had no idea what it takes to keep a forum like SM...or keep a forum going....so they come crawling back to SM....but they don't leave their ego with their failure....NO...they bring it right back to SM...thereby proving their 'little people' status. When SM changed to the new format....some people had trouble adjusting and instead of just trying to work it out they decided to BITCH about it....over and over and over.....and then the bitching turned really nasty..are the ads bothersome? Yes....but it's takes a second to click them away...it takes longer to post a BITCH/RANT about them than it does to click on them.....

I will be here at SM until I am banned and even then I will read and continue to be amazed at the amazing people that are SM!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2007, 09:30:41 AM »

This is going to be a very difficult post for me.I really and truly do not want it to sound negative.I also know there is the possibility that some will find it that way. Here goes...I also do not plan on naming many names. I think you will know yourself in here.

SNIPPED

I still hate the popups and of course I hate that some are allowed to express their opinions while others are not. JMHO

Sam....I am going to disagree with your last line.....everyone is and has been allowed to express their opinions as long as it is done respectfully..and that's another thing that I appreciate about SM....there are a lot of posts that IMO should have been removed...but it wasn't my decision....I have always TRIED to post respectfully....but I know at times I have crossed the respectful line...ON PURPOSE..(snakes and slime IMO do not deserve respect IMO) knowing I was taking a chance of being banned.....fortunately the owners and MODs have allowed me to stay....I have seen people (snakes and slime too) leave SM to start their own forums....most failed and some even came crawling on their bellies back to SM so they could have an AUDIENCE. I appreciate SM that they are the place where people can and do get a second chance!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2007, 08:00:44 PM »

Oh my I went to Sm,for NAH.I like sm,but some are offensive and rude.I will get jumped for this,but some use this thread,for personal agendas.I do not. Very Happy I do like the work done by the Reds,Tom and Klass.
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2007, 10:42:01 PM »

I love this site.  I've been here since June 05  I too call it home, It is the first place I go to catch the daily news. 

I have enjoyed getting to know many posters here. 

Thanks Red and everyone who have made this site worth coming to Very Happy

Maine, born and raised!
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2007, 10:23:54 AM »

who has threatened the REDS.That goes to far,and we should know.i support NAH and the   The efforts to find the missing.I do not understand some,but I support Scared Monkeys and the work of Red,Tom,and Klass.
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2007, 10:52:34 AM »

Yes,I like sm.But I do not like being jumped and lied about.When some admit they cross the line,this goes to far.I have never hurt anyone here on purpose or by accident.I will try to be respectful and postive,but this hard at times.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2007, 11:18:39 AM »

I continue to get no pop ups.  I wonder if I am the only one and what is unique to my system that prevents this.  My sons configured my security and I have no problem reading all the the threads so I certainly have no complaints about the ads as I never see them.

I was reading the Front Page long before I joined the forum for news and politics and came here after being banned from RWV, one of my accomplishments in life.  At first I was very intimidated by the format as it seemed there were hundreds of threads running everywhere but I eventually adjusted.  I wish some of our posters who left would have given it more of a try.

I personally like the new format much better and think SM will remain on the cutting edge in the cause of the Missing and Exploited.  Sadly, there are more and more of them every single day and all are deserving of support and any assistance that is possible.

Thanks to all those who have made this possible:  The Reds, Klaas, Dugga and now our new mods.

Anna

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
tidycat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2007, 12:16:01 AM »

BOY!!  Have I missed this place!!   

I don't come here very often at all any more (I don't get on the computer much any more).  But I do think about ScaredMonkeys because I love Red and Mrs. Red and Klaasend and San and many others.  I just assume there are some great discussions going on and investigations too.  I check in sometimes to see what's new.  There is always a prayer thread, sometimes specially for someone with a problem and I doubt you can find that anywhere else. 

That's what I appreciate about this place.  I didn't like the new format, but it's been so long now that I've forgotten the old one!  This is just fine, because I can see friends here and photos about the Natalee case, etc.

Love you guys and gals!

tidycat Rolling Eyes

Sigh.  I'll always be behind.
SarahD
Scared Monkey

Never give up!

« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2007, 10:41:25 PM »

I just want to say thank you to the owners and the administrators of this site for giving me a great place to read and comment.  I LOVE the front page and try to read there as often as I can.

I also love the forum format.  It's very easy to use even for me.   I'm sure that a lot of work goes into keeping things running smoothly and you all do a fabulous job.

I've not been a Monkey long but I hope to be around for quite a while.   I've really enjoyed how friendly people are here.   Thank you.

Have a Sunshine Day!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2007, 10:22:05 AM »

I woke up to this post this morning. I think it appropriately belongs here.

Quote from: IBE on Today at 01:55:07 AM
Quote from: crazybabyborg on October 06, 2007, 07:39:16 PM

I know it's not the same, but the website created for the victims of the car wreck Mom was killed in, meant the world to me. The comments and posts from total strangers were often my comfort in the wee hours of the morning when I felt so lost. I'm glad this thread is just about Natalee, and that it's here if she (referring to Beth) should ever need it.

CBB, yes, I think that is where the collective Greatist Good comes in.

Wouldn't it be wonderful for Natalee to read all of this... It would take her at least a year...We would be so happy to have her and to see her;; then hear her comments.

Beth, Matt, Beth's Mom, Dave, Jug, Robin, the cousins, the cat, all relatives and friends, including her Monkey Friends would be overjoyed.

If that isn't going to happen, maybe she is here now egging us on, saying "let's roll,' being so strong, helping her mom, being proud of her mom, side by side doing Good so boys and girls when  traveling Inernationally and in the States won't sadden their mom by not coming home,

Sometimes when I am with the Donna Jou Mom and Dad, Aunt and Unkle and Tim Miller of TES TexasEquuaSearch I fell Natalee is with is. Talking to us of areas or vib feelings to open our eyes to.

Maybe I am not making much sense.. words don't always say the subtle feeling that go on.

I don't think there is any better way to know what Scared Monkeys is than to observe the fruits of its' labor. Look at the heart of the sentiments that have welled up and been given legs because this place "is". Examine the source of the outpouring and you will find love, compassion, empathy, hope, and concern for those who are in pain. These things have been given a fertile place in which to thrive and they have been carefully tended.

Thank you, Red and Mrs. Red, for so painstakingly giving us root. Apple trees don't come from acorns and you chose to use your own values and character when you planted. I'm so grateful to have the opportunity to grow among you. Here, the Son shines.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 12:43:33 PM by crazybabyborg » Logged
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2007, 10:44:35 PM »

Ok.. I've put this off for a lot of reasons
Mostly because I do not have a large vocabulary and NOT Good with Words so I'm still not sure if this will come out correctly.

As RED asked
However, I would like people to focus on the positive not the negative. Please tell me what you like or appreciate about SM.
Before I answer I want to state a few things:

I only visit a fraction of the areas that available here for open / honest discussion or available in those areas for just chatting at times,  so I can not judge all areas.  I have NO idea how many hours go into just monitoring the site let as lone doing the FP articles.
I participate if very few other sites. For the most part this is my main site.  Why?   Most of the time I feel Comfy here.. which may be a good or bad thing.
I still carry my bag of SALT  with me no matter where I go.  But that is just me.

There are very, very few times that I have the desire or passion to attempt to argue / convince others that I am correct on something.  I'm also not big on voicing my speculation of what may or not be.  When I think I have an idea / thought that may assist others... then yes I can get vocal for bit.

Do I appreciate that others can come here get passionate on stuff or debate whatever or talk about family, cooking, books,  say a prayer for someone we have never met to rally support for people those we may never meet OR  question what is going on in the world... To find a common ground on subjects ..   even if it just to have a good laugh or cry.

You bet your sweet bippy I do!!

I try not to add to the negative (that you will find no matter where you look) and try not to be too off-tipic in a particular area.

On second thought I'm not even going to attempt to RED's question of "Please tell me what you like or appreciate about SM".
I do not have the words... kinda like a spouse / significant other trying to answer a similar question.. I think most people just cannot find words  but hat is JMO.

The best that I can to at this time is this the tone of this music "Say It Right"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO6SnX9s5-w   
But you have to change the lyrics http://www.elyrics.net/read/n/nelly-furtado-lyrics/say-it-right-lyrics.html
Either -- ignore or make A positive from " Oh you don't mean nothing at all to me  - No you don't mean nothing at all to me"  and maybe change a few other words.

OH..  if anyone ever plans visit the Abraham Presidential Library let me know...You can come over put your feet up and we can Chat and maybe debate somethings.

Thanks SM   and your creators

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2007, 10:57:02 PM »

Gotta love Oldfart...love to read his posts....and I know deep thought  & feeling goes into them...can feel it myself....jmho, of course.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.