June 03, 2024, 05:23:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camille Cleverly 22yr old Missing Provo Utah 8/30/07(BODY FOUND 9/9)  (Read 15462 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2007, 01:57:27 PM »

Kissyface - I know you meant no harm.  Let's just wait and see what comes of their search near where her bike was found.

I do know that LE has requested all of Camille's medical records, etc.  I there were secrets, they won't stay hidden for long.
kissyface
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2007, 02:44:51 PM »

Okay, my question is if the debit card was used but we have no surveillance, how can they be sure it was Camille who used it?  Was it used for debit or credit?  Sure, they have to use a PIN # to access the debit account but that could be obtained in any number of ways (especially if she was threatened or forced to give it to someone).  If it was a credit purchase they usually have you sign it.  It could have been someone that fit her description too.  Too many unanswered questions!!!  I guess because it is still "early" in the investigation.  I will keep my eyes open for anything pertaining to this.  I have a friend who is thinking about driving up to Provo to volunteer in search efforts.  (about 4 hours from where she is).  The area they think she disappeared in is laden with cliffs and rock formations and dense areas of forest so it's gonna be a tough search.  I hope they find something, anything.  The length of time she has been gone, she could still be surviving out there, waiting to be found.

***Love is stronger than death.***

>>> bring Bri justice<<<
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2007, 05:19:12 PM »

Edit:  It's wrong to question the family because of their religion, IMO.  Keeping secrets or being protective or defensive is not limited to the Mormon religion.   

All family units have their good and not so good points. Whether it's religion, location, or ethnic background. To ignore these because they are not PC correct is to ignore an important piece of the puzzle. I live in NE Ohio right in the heart of Amish country and I have known and worked with many. They are a wonderful earthy blend of down home yet wise to the world people. And very much like the Mormons in respect to being large tightknit family units. We all seen how the Amish rallied around each other after that horrible schoolhouse murders in Paradise, Pa. last year.

In retrospect I have been in Italian & Jewish households that were so noisy and argumentative that you thought a hockey game might break out. But, they too are a very loving nurturing families, just in a different way.   

I, in no way, am laying any blame on the family or their beliefs.

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2007, 05:43:37 PM »

Okay, my question is if the debit card was used but we have no surveillance, how can they be sure it was Camille who used it?  Was it used for debit or credit?  Sure, they have to use a PIN # to access the debit account but that could be obtained in any number of ways (especially if she was threatened or forced to give it to someone).  If it was a credit purchase they usually have you sign it.  It could have been someone that fit her description too.  Too many unanswered questions!!!  I guess because it is still "early" in the investigation.  I will keep my eyes open for anything pertaining to this.  I have a friend who is thinking about driving up to Provo to volunteer in search efforts.  (about 4 hours from where she is).  The area they think she disappeared in is laden with cliffs and rock formations and dense areas of forest so it's gonna be a tough search.  I hope they find something, anything.  The length of time she has been gone, she could still be surviving out there, waiting to be found.
It was a Debit card and the pin number was used.  The cameras in the store were not working.  The employee who waited on the girl who used Camille's debit card THINKS it was her but isn't positive.  So they really don't know for sure.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2007, 08:23:04 PM »

Sep 7, 2007 5:49 pm US/Mountain

Despite Bike Discovery, Still No Sign Of Camille

(KUTV) PROVO - Despite finding a mountain bike in Provo Canyon that most likely belonged to missing Brigham Young University student Camille Cleverly, authorities have so far found no further clues as to her whereabouts.

Thursday evening, a silver and purple Schwinn bicycle was turned over to police by two people who confessed to stealing it on Sept. 1 -- two days after Camille's disappearance -- at the Bridal Veil Falls area of the canyon. Immediately, authorities focused their search on that specific area of Provo Canyon.

Friday, officials said that the search efforts continue but that no significant clues have so far been found. Cleverley's mother, father and brother also spoke during an afternoon news conference.

"It is times like these that remind us that we are all vulnerable," said father Joel Cleverley. "There is a divine purpose in all of this."

"We are touched," said a very emotional Susan Cleverley, Camille's mother. "Camille is bright, active and full of life. Going for bike rides on Fridays was a normal part of her routine."

Authorities believe Cleverley, who enjoyed riding her bike in the rugged areas around Provo, may have parked it and hiked one of the many trails leading into the Wasatch Mountains.

Climbers airlifted by helicopter atop a 607-foot waterfall planned to make their way down by ropes while checking every crevice, Provo police Capt. David Bolda said.

"Camille, if you're out there, we want you to know we love you and we're behind you in this,'' said brother David Cleverley.

The massive search for Cleverley, who has been missing since Aug. 30, has attracted national attention. A Texas man whose 12-year-old daughter was abducted and killed in 1997 arrived to help organize the community search.

"The amount of time she's been missing is of great concern,'' said Bob Smither, co-founder of the Laura Recovery Center in Friendswood, Texas, formed after his daughter's death. ``We always remain optimistic.''

A dam upstream at Deer Creek Reservoir was closed Thursday to lower the Provo River and check for any sign of Cleverley. One team covered an 18-mile-long mountain trail but found no evidence, Bolda said.

The search along the river and trails resumed Friday

``We don't know if she's here. All we have to go on is a bicycle,'' Provo police Lt. John Geyerman said.

The search was concentrating in that mountainous area even as police worked to confirm that the bicycle was Cleverley's.

Her debit card was used the day after she disappeared, at a local store to buy doughnuts and fruit drinks. Police have said the buyer was a young woman but they couldn't confirm if it was Cleverley.

http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_248155231.html

sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2007, 08:18:27 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

If it is her bike it sounds like she was broke down. And most likely hitched a ride as it is quite common in the state parks. Last year my son and I did a 17 mile hike a Glacier and I slowed us down too much and we missed the last park shuttle bus. It took us 2 hours but we hitchhiked the 36 miles back to camp. It took 6 different rides, one retired couple and 5 college students. They all talked of an unspoken code to pick up any hikers coming off the mountains. Saved us for sure as our wives were starting to panic and had contacted the rangers. This was July 7th my son's birthday and that was his birthday present.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 01:05:47 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

FoolsGold
Scared Monkey

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2007, 05:48:12 AM »

"The tires were flat and the brakes didn't work too well,"
Well, it was nice that the thieves came forward and were observant.

I wonder if the two flat tires means impact damage from an automobile bump that was intentional or an automobile accident that a motorist has attempted to cover up or was it simply that the criminal wanted the tires flat so as to have the bike noticed and noticed in a place where it would be a 'red herring'.
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2007, 11:35:08 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

My guess is, somebody seen her stop to take a break and incapacitated the  bike while she was away from it. Then this supposedly "good Samaritan" shows up when she returned to her disabled bike and offered her a ride.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 01:06:08 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2007, 11:47:55 AM »

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=bridal+veil+falls&sll=40.251756,-111.668472&sspn=0.2353,0.462799&ie=UTF8&ll=40.350702,-111.587942&spn=0.001836,0.003616&t=k&z=18&om=1&pw=2

Bridal Veil Falls looks to be right off of 189 (E. Provo Canyon Rd). This is a 4 lane highway.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2007, 12:20:22 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

My guess is, somebody seen her stop to take a break and incapacitated the  bike while she was away from it. Then this supposedly "good Samaritan" shows up when she returned to her disabled bike and offered her a ride.

It would seem to me Camille planned to take her bike for this ride and would need to secure it, hence the lock purchase.  I think that throws the runaway theory.  If you are going to run away, would you buy a lock and lock up your bike if you don't plan to return for it?
I do wonder if she was planning to meet someone there?  Or was just going for a nice ride and a hike?  As each hour passes, it sounds worse for Camille  Sad
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 01:06:27 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2007, 01:32:04 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

It would seem to me Camille planned to take her bike for this ride and would need to secure it, hence the lock purchase.  I think that throws the runaway theory.  If you are going to run away, would you buy a lock and lock up your bike if you don't plan to return for it?
I do wonder if she was planning to meet someone there?  Or was just going for a nice ride and a hike?  As each hour passes, it sounds worse for Camille  Sad

It would be nice to know what kind of bike lock she had:

If she had a cable lock like this, you would think she would have the key (or a duplicate key) with her.  She certainly wouldn't lock it if she didn't have the key on her.  I find this very odd, almost staged, IMO:

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 01:06:48 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2007, 01:46:43 PM »

Klaas,

Most bike locks come with 2 keys like Plantet or Kryptonite. I would think she would carry one and keep one in a safe place at home in case she lost the other.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2007, 06:48:50 PM »

BODY OF MISSING BYU STUDENT CAMILLE CLEVERLEY FOUND IN UTAH CANYON, POLICE SAY Sad
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2007, 06:53:08 PM »

Sep 9, 2007 4:36 pm US/Mountain

Camille Found Dead In Provo Canyon

(KUTV) PROVO - The long and exhaustive search for missing Brigham Young University student Camille Cleverley came to a saddening end on Sunday, after searchers found the woman's body in a rugged part of Provo Canyon.

Authorities confirmed that Cleverley's body was discovered Sunday afternoon at the base of a cliff, but did not reveal any further details. It was unclear whether Cleverley fell off the cliff or what kind of injuries she sustained.

More information will be disclosed at an upcoming news conference.

Camille had been missing since Aug. 30, 2007. Her bike was discovered two days later near Bridal Veil Falls.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2007, 07:08:57 PM »

I was hopeful she would be found alive, and maybe had just twisted her ankle or something while she was out hiking.  This is very, very sad news.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2007, 07:13:50 PM »

Here is an article obviously before Camille was found, but it does say her boyfriend passed a polygraph test:

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 01:07:18 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2007, 07:21:09 PM »

So sad, prayers for her and her family.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2007, 08:48:07 PM »

Sep 9, 2007 6:08 pm US/Mountain

It Appears Camille Fell Off Cliff, Authorities Say

(KUTV) PROVO - It appears that Camille Cleverley, the BYU student who had been missing for more than a week, fell several hundred feet off a cliff in Provo Canyon, authorities said Sunday.

Cleverley's body was discovered at the base of a cliff approximately 1,000 yards from Bridal Veil Falls on Sunday afternoon. Officials say clothing on the body confirmed that it was Camille, and that it appears she died on the mountain. Exactly what kind of injuries she sustained were not made clear, but investigators say it looks as though she fell from the cliff above.

Authorities are conducting an investigation to determine exactly what happened and they have not yet ruled out the possibility of foul play -- even though there were no initial indicators of a homicide or suicide.

The Cleverley family embraced upon hearing news of their daughter's death, according to spokesman Robert Grossman.

"They are so strong and they have so much faith," he said. "They were all locked in an embrace... and they were inseparable and I could see they just gained strength from each other. They are going to get through this."

The area where Cleverley's body was found is dense with thick brush and trees and is a spot where many hikers have encountered trouble in the past, officials said.

Cleverley was last seen riding her mountain bike near the BYU campus on Aug. 30. She used her debit card the next morning at a nearby convenience store to buy donuts and drinks, which is her last known traceable activity. Camille's bike was stolen the next day by two people who found it near Bridal Veil Falls. The thieves said the bicycle had two flat tires and appeared abandoned. Late Saturday, a key found inside Camille's apartment unlocked a lock attached to the bike.

Cleverley, 22, was a senior at Brigham Young University. She is a native of Boise, Id., where her family still lives.

"[Camille] loved riding her bike. It was one of her passions," Grossman said. "Bike riding was a big part of her life."

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2007, 09:32:41 PM »

Maybe I am not following the events closely enough but something just doesn't add up here. Camille didn't return home after heading out for a bike ride. The day after she was last seen her debit card is used at a convenience store to buy juice and donuts. Bike found with 2 flat tires. Camille's body is found at the foot of Bridal Veil Falls cliff.

How likely is it for a bike to get 2 flat tires? Did she stay out all night and then decide to have a snack and continue riding climbing? After reaching the top of the cliff she fell off? Maybe it's just me.........

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2007, 09:39:28 PM »

It was sad to hear this news.  I was reading some of the articles online about the search for Camille and came across pictures of her.  She had dimples on her cheeks  when she smiled, and what came to mind from looking at the pictures:  she had a very fresh looking face.  Not heavily made up-very natural looking young lady.

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.