April 24, 2024, 10:52:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fred is IN!  (Read 3736 times)
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« on: September 06, 2007, 02:17:01 PM »

Yeah, baby!

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2007/09/06/fred-thompson-is-in-declares-candidacy-on-the-tonight-show/

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 09:56:33 PM »

Yes, he is.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 10:36:43 PM »

I, for one, am tired of actors in Washington, and politicians in Hollywood. It makes for good entertainment at times, but it's bad government.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 07:25:47 AM »

I will reserve judgement for right now.  I really do not know much about Thompson's legislative record.  We all know he does a very good job at acting and reading a script.  I will need to hear him talk more about foreign affairs and even domestic programs in detail before dismissing or accepting him as a viable candidate.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 11:58:47 PM »

Fred has no political experience whatsoever.

Reagan was Governor of California before he was elected President.

CJ1
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 08:25:49 PM »

Fred has no political experience whatsoever.

Reagan was Governor of California before he was elected President.

Louise, are you forgetting he was a Senator and served longer than Hillary?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 09:15:42 PM »

Fred Thompson:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Thompson

He represented Tennessee as a Republican in the U.S. Senate from 1994 through 2003.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 11:15:11 PM »

Gotta weigh in and say that I am tired of the media blathering aobut his "trophy wife"... what a disingenous way to insult attractive women?

Fred has a good old fashioned common sense thing going on ... but I am waiting for more substantive information than what I have heard...

my relatives love him though... although one of them says that he would be even more of a my way or the highway kind of person than we need....

just waiting to find out...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 01:54:43 AM »

Thank you for helping me with the timeline. I forgot he was a Senator and after that, an actor.

Ree
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 03:46:52 PM »

I signed up on his site (http://www.fred08.com/index.aspx) just to find out more about him, although I live in TN.  Yesterday I got an email inviting me to an event.  I was excited about it until I saw it costs $1,000 a head.  Wish we could fix the campaign financing so they wouldn't be so beholden to special interests and maybe the average Joe would have a shot at it.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 09:53:14 AM »

I signed up on his site (http://www.fred08.com/index.aspx) just to find out more about him, although I live in TN.  Yesterday I got an email inviting me to an event.  I was excited about it until I saw it costs $1,000 a head.  Wish we could fix the campaign financing so they wouldn't be so beholden to special interests and maybe the average Joe would have a shot at it.

well good luck on that.  Not only does the average Joe NOT have a shot at speaking to most politicians except in a very controlled environment, but I doubt there are many average people who will even be able to run for office any longer.  You need a high 6  - 7 figure income to even consider running.

I do have a former student who is serving in congress right now.  I really never speak of political issues with him but I have been next to him on a plane returning here and also at about 3-4 other dinners (free) or events with him within this past 10 months.  He is a very successful doctor so he decided to run for congress and won. 

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 11:05:05 AM »

Thank you for helping me with the timeline. I forgot he was a Senator and after that, an actor.

He was an actor, then a Senator, and returned to acting. I lived in TN. for a couple of years when he was running for his Senate seat. I wouldn't vote for him now, and I didn't vote for him then. He's not qualified to be President, but he does a good job as an actor....

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 08:41:48 AM »

pdh3, that is what I am hearing on many of the political talk shows.  He seems to be very good at delivery a speech that someone else can write.  Nobody is quite that certain that he will be his own man when it comes to having the necessary knowledge to be President.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.