April 25, 2024, 10:48:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Devon Epps supposedly Murdered by Knife carrying Car-jacker  (Read 5017 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: September 08, 2007, 04:32:44 PM »

Have You Heard about the Bizarre Murder of Devon Epps, Most People Haven’t … It’s About Time People Have

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2007/09/08/have-you-heard-about-the-bizarre-murder-of-devon-epps-most-people-havent-its-about-time-people-have/

Has anyone heard of 7 year old Devon Chad Epps from Greenville County, SC and the bizarre manner in how he was murdered? Most have not as the main stream media for some reason has managed to keep it off the TV screen in lieu of “pop tart” reports. Sometimes when one read a story it just does not seem right, nor pass the smell test, nor even seem believable. The murder of Devon Epps is just one of those stories. 7 year old Devon Epps was supposedly murdered according to his mother by a knife wielding car jacker. The car jacker then allegedly smothered Devon Epps in the back seat of her car. Devon Epps was murdered and the child did die from asphyxia due to neck compression — strangulation.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 04:35:12 PM »

Sketch of suspect according to the mother

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 04:37:27 PM »

The events of Devon Epps, if one is to believe them as described by Devon’s mother Amanda Reagan Smith as to what she told investigators:

• Amanda and Devon Epps were stopped at Jacobs Road and Interstate 85 that Sunday night when a scruffy-looking white man carrying a knife ordered the mother from her car.

• Investigators said the woman told them the man forced the woman’s son into the back seat of the car and ordered the woman to drive around.

• Amanda was able to get out of the car but when she did, the suspect locked the doors and that’s when he got into the back of the car
  • The man locked himself in the car with Devon. Then  he smothered the boy, holding a pillow over the child’s face.

• Devon Epps was taken to a hospital, where he was declared deceased. Amanda Reagan Smith was injured as well. She was treated and released from the hospital that night.

• The woman had non-life threatening injuries, deputies said.

Does this sound believable or like the many similar cases where a family members entire family is murdered yet they survive virtually unscathed? The story certainly sounds suspect.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 04:39:09 PM by Red » Logged
oldencrabby
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 07:29:29 PM »

Autopsy report? Surely the boy fought. Where is the stranger DNA? Could her injuries been self inflicted?

Yes. Very suspicious.

Special delivery!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 04:18:22 PM »

Her story is sort of a mixture of Susan Smith, Diane Downs, and Darlie Routier.
It sounds like she did it. Poor little kid. I wish I could have just taken him home with me if his Mom didn't want him around. There's always that option. Why don't they take it?

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 02:00:50 PM »

Dana Pretzer will be covering the Epps case tonight as well

http://www.scaredmonkeysradio.com/

Tonight!   www.scaredmonkeysradio.com

« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 02:07:09 PM by klaasend » Logged
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 10:49:21 PM »

Nikki did a great job... here is another freaking woman who should have just given the child to someone that would love him...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 04:36:08 PM »

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071105/NEWS01/71105026/1004

Devon Epps's mother charged in 7-year-old's death

Published: Monday, November 5, 2007 - 3:26 pm
Updated: Monday, November 5, 2007 - 4:25 pm

By Paul Alongi
STAFF WRITER
palongi@greenvillenews.com

Amanda Reagan Smith has been charged with murder in the August death of her 7-year-old son, Devon Chad Epps, according to a warrant from the Greenville County Sheriff's Office.

Deputies announced the charge today in front of the Law Enforcement Center after an investigation that spanned nearly three months.

In the beginning of the investigation, Smith told deputies that a man with a knife got into the passenger side of her 2000 Honda Civic when she stopped on an Interstate 85 frontage road between late Aug. 12, said Master Deputy Michael Hildebrand.

According to Smith, the man demanded she drive to a nearby wooded area on Jacobs Road and then get out of the car, Hildebrand said. Smith told deputies the man locked himself inside and put a pillow over the boy's face, Hildebrand said.
Advertisement

The Welcome Elementary student died of asphyxia due to neck compression on Aug. 12, said Greenville County deputy coroner Karie Cain.

As many as eight investigators worked on the case for weeks, as dozens of tips flowed into the sheriff's office without an arrest.

Smith provided a suspect description that was turned into a sketch and circulated in the White Horse Road area, which is near the frontage road. Investigators checked into reports that the drawing matched a homeless man seen in the area.

For weeks, deputies said they had a single eyewitness: Smith.

Levi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 06:54:53 PM »

Just because a chicken has wings doesn't mean it can fly, I never believed her story.  A man just happens to run into your car and kill your child with a pillow case when he according to her had a knife? And there was also no sign of sex abuse on the victim and there was no robbery? How stupid does this idiot think she is? Did she really think people would buy that BS story?
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 11:10:45 AM »

Just because a chicken has wings doesn't mean it can fly, I never believed her story.  A man just happens to run into your car and kill your child with a pillow case when he according to her had a knife? And there was also no sign of sex abuse on the victim and there was no robbery? How stupid does this idiot think she is? Did she really think people would buy that BS story?

Like you, I called BS on this one from the start.  What a stupid story! 

Clearly the ability to bear a child and the skills to mother one are not closely related in this woman's case. 
M

Makes me sick.  Millions of childless couples in the world and this crazy bitch murders her own child. 

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Levi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2007, 12:08:17 PM »

Hello Peaches, this woman thought she was as slick as an eel coming up with this story, but it turns out she is two tacos shy of a Mexican platter if she thought law enforcement and the public would buy her story.

And yes I agree with you, you have to have a special license to drive a motor cycle, gun, and car but any idiot can reproduce. The liberals can yell fascist all they want, but this idiot never deserved to have a child in the 1st place.
Minnesota
Scared Monkey

Just My Personal Opinion

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2007, 06:19:43 PM »

I was like everyone here.  I didn't buy her story for a second.  I would loose my life trying to save my child's.  How any parent could murder their own child to me is unfathomable. 

JMO

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 12:54:02 PM »

http://www.greenvillecounty.org/scjd/publicindex/SCJDPublicIndex23/PICaseDetails.aspx?County=23+&Casenum=I474171&CourtType=L&CaseType=Criminal&CourtAgency=23106&LastName=Smith&FirstName=Amanda

Doesn't look like there has been a trial/sentence yet.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.