April 26, 2024, 10:08:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christopher Robin Coan, 18 missing since 9/3/07 Enoch, Utah (BODY FOUND)  (Read 37670 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: September 09, 2007, 01:48:08 PM »

Authorities Searching for Missing Man From Enoch
September 8th, 2007 @ 5:18pm

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Authorities in southern Utah are searching for a man who has been missing since Monday. Christopher Robin Coan, 18, was last seen leaving his job at a Subway sandwich shop in Enoch, Iron County, Monday evening, police said.

"He was last seen by his manager leaving the store," Enoch police detective Jackson Ames said. "This is completely out of character for him."

Coan was reported missing by his girlfriend on Tuesday. There has been no bank activity and authorities are beginning to worry Coan may have met with foul play. Enoch police contacted the FBI for assistance in the case.

An airplane has been searching the high-country desert around Cedar City and Enoch for any sign of Coan's SUV, a 1994 red and silver-colored Chevrolet S-10 Blazer with a temporary tag. Police said the SUV has three stickers in the back. One says "Jerry Bear," another says "The Wizz cartoon," and the third says "Beatles."

"We've got around 100 people or so that have just gone out and are pretty much going to canvass the area," Ames said. "Hopefully, we can find him."

Coan is 5 feet 6 inches tall, weighs 125 pounds, with blue eyes and blond, floppy hair. He was last seen wearing a green T-shirt and black corduroy pants.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 07:20:22 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 02:09:31 PM »

His Myspace site:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=15382643

From a comment on his myspace - looks like he was going to the Burning Man festival in the desert:

Aug 18 2007 7:15P

Thats awesome that you have been there so you know exactly what im talking about Smile i have heard of burning man and i would really like to go this year. its in oct. or something right? that would be sweet if we could go together. well i cant actually talk too much right now cuz we are getting ready to go boom booming up the canyon so ill talk to you soon Smile
liz

Also some talk about joining the army:

Aug 2 2007 11:33P

the army!? dont do that you'll die Sad My living situation is about the same. Still living at home and its driving me crazy. I got a horrible phone service job to make some money so hopefully i will be out within the next month. So what made you want to join the army and what are you going to do afterwards? just curious Smile
liz
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 02:46:07 PM »

http://www.thespectrum.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070907/NEWS01/709070304

Family seeks help in search
By RYAN DIONNE
rdionne@thespectrum.com

CEDAR CITY - He's an adult and free to do what he wants, but his family and friends agree with Enoch Police Chief Dave Browning that his disappearance is suspicious.

Chris Coan was last seen leaving work Monday night at Subway and his family and friends don't seem to know where he is.

He doesn't have his wallet. He doesn't have much gas in his newly purchased SUV. He doesn't have any spare clothes, a toothbrush, or anything else that would suggest he planned on taking off that night.

"He would never, ever do this," said Coan's girlfriend Sasha Turner.
Coan reportedly had a rough night at work, and coupled with possible emotional problems, it may have caused him to leave, Browning said.

But most teenagers who run away typically come back a few days later.

This time, Browning thinks it's different.

"I've gotta go with my gut, and if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and I've erred in the right direction." But he added, "None of this adds up on a typical scenario. I'm concerned. I'm really concerned."

Since he was last seen at about 8:45 p.m. Monday, Coan's dad, Dave, and Turner rented a plane to scour the area looking for the teen's SUV. But no luck.

Because Coan said he wanted to take his 1994 Chevy Blazer off road, Dave Coan hoped they would spot the vehicle somewhere from the sky and be able to track his son down when they landed.

"We're trying to keep it positive," Dave Coan said. "We're doing everything we can do."

Browning made a call to the Federal Bureau of Investigation to have them help with a personality profile of the missing Cedar High School graduate, the family has contacted other relatives and friends for help, and, today, they plan to utilize ATVs to search Three Peaks Recreation Area and other spots the teen may have went.

"We've gone through this with our dog before, but it's a whole different kettle of fish when you're talking about your son," Dave Coan said. "This has been a wake-up call for all of us, I think. We just want him back."

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 08:04:33 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:22:24 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 05:10:32 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:22:52 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 09:27:43 PM »

hmm,  an old head injury, and possibly some self esteem issues?  Maybe he did take off for a trip.

Maine, born and raised!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 09:41:39 PM »

Surveillance Tape May Help in Search for Missing 18-Year-Old
September 10th, 2007 @ 12:04pm
(KSL News) Police in southern Utah are hoping a surveillance tape from a gas station may offer clues about the disappearance of an 18-year-old boy.

Someone in the town of Enoch told police they saw Christopher Robin Coan's 1994 Chevy Blazer at the gas station last week.

They also said they saw a female inside the car but not Coan himself.

Coan was last seen one week ago today, leaving his job at a Subway restaurant in Iron County.

His family say it's out of character for him to leave, and that he was in good standing with them and his girlfriend.

Coan is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 125 pounds. He was wearing a green T-shirt and black corduroy pants.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=1779395

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 10:40:32 PM »

Here's what I think - I think Christopher Robin took off on a lark with this girl:

Thats awesome that you have been there so you know exactly what im talking about Smile i have heard of burning man and i would really like to go this year. its in oct. or something right? that would be sweet if we could go together. well i cant actually talk too much right now cuz we are getting ready to go boom booming up the canyon so ill talk to you soon Smile
liz

He says to her on August 3rd:

christopher robin
 Aug 3 2007 6:24P

hey what up? sorry about your living situation. good luck with moving out. there are a few reasons why i want to join the army; first, i want to learn discipline and order; second, i could have a better chance at college (should i take it), or a better job. and last, i've always wanted to fight, not for my country or for freedom all that is bullshit, i can't explain why though its something that cannot be put into words. but don't worry i probably won't be sent out onto the thin red line.
anyway, im going to mountain to smoke, it'll be cool my friends are going to come. i miss hanging out with you, i always thought you were the coolest chick in the world. have a good time, i'll talk to you later.

sincerely,
christopher robin 

Then on August 18th:

Aug 18 2007 11:08A

I've been to the ozarks actually; you know when i left at the end of the school year my dad did a bike ride across America for Make a Wish and Shaun, Pat, and I were in the van as support so we went to all sorts of places, and the Ozarks are f*****g amazing. Back in Texas i found a forest with my friend and it was the coolest smoking spot. i'd like to do one of those Rainbow gatherings sometime. have you heard of Burning Man?
bye for now.

sincerely,
christopher robin

Now the burning man already happenend - 8/27 - 9/3, so I know at least Christopher missed that. 

I just think he's stressed out and wanting to take off and be by himself or with another girl.  I hope I'm right.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 08:28:14 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 10:40:45 AM »

Police Face Difficulties in Investigation of Missing Man
September 11th, 2007 @ 6:30am
(KSL News) Police are having a hard time investigating a potential lead in the disappearance of an 18-year-old Iron County man.

Christopher Coan left work a week ago but never went home.

A truck driver reported seeing Coan's vehicle at a gas station on Saturday. However, the gas station's surveillance camera was not working, and police could not confirm the sighting.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=1785590

kissyface
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 01:11:22 PM »

What is it with Utah and the surveillance problems?  So many questions could be answered if these businesses had proper surveillance.

***Love is stronger than death.***

>>> bring Bri justice<<<
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 12:42:31 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:23:30 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 01:04:23 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

Thanks MuffyBee.  Confused

But I don't get it. Why would they call it off BEFORE they find him?

They're going to take someone's word (who could have heard the specifics on TV on read in a paper) that this kid is not in the area and alive?

Oh well. I sure hope they find him -- and in the state they are describing -- and end the nightmare for family and loved ones
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:23:51 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 01:07:21 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

Thanks MuffyBee.  Confused

But I don't get it. Why would they call it off BEFORE they find him?

They're going to take someone's word (who could have heard the specifics on TV on read in a paper) that this kid is not in the area and alive?

Oh well. I sure hope they find him -- and in the state they are describing -- and end the nightmare for family and loved ones
[/quote]

Sharon ~ I don't understand why the search was called off either, particularly in light of what happens sometimes due to his head injury.  It doesn't appear anyone really saw him or verified that it was him.  He could also be confused.  I think this is dangerous.  I wonder how his parents feel about the search being called off?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:24:10 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 04:46:09 PM »

seems like finding the vehicle would help to intesify the search, not call it off.

I was about to say the same thing about the cameras and Utah. 

Dang, I guess if you were going to rob a convenience store, that would be the place to go, none of their cameras work.    Rolling Eyes
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 02:14:13 PM »

It doesn't look like everyone has called off the search for this young man:

Enoch youth Chris Coan still missing after one week
Dana Bell
Issue date: 9/13/07 Section: News
http://media.www.suujournal.com/media/storage/paper951/news/2007/09/13/News/Enoch.Youth.Chris.Coan.Still.Missing.After.One.Week-2966018.shtml

This article is dated 9/13.  The article that says the search was called off dated 9/12.  Hmmm.  Perhaps it was just Iron County that called off their part of the search?  If it were my son, I would still be searching and trying to find everyone and anyone that would help me.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 09:58:18 PM »

Case for: CHRISTOPHER ROBIN COAN
http://www.childseeknetwork.com/?archive=2496
(snipped)
Case Details (no date on this article)
here has been no bank activity, and as more time passes, authorities are beginning to worry that the young man may have met with foul play. Enoch police contacted the FBI for assistance in the case.

He has a SUV, a 1994 red and silver-colored Chevrolet S-10 Blazer with a temporary tag. Police said the SUV has three stickers in the back. One says "Jerry Bear," another says "The Wizz cartoon," and the third says "Beatles."
(snipped)

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2007, 12:21:07 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:24:49 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2007, 02:44:17 PM »

Thanks klaas.  Confused

I can't believe they are JUST requesting the phone logs from work now Shocked

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2007, 04:46:26 PM »

Salt Lake City Police Desperately Searching for Christopher Robin Coan

By David Lohr

September 18, 2007
http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/0907/1801_christopher_coan.html
----------------------
Enoch youth Chris Coan still missing after one week
Dana Bell
Issue date: 9/13/07
http://tinyurl.com/2x5okb
Browning said there are parties searching the Iron County area.

"We have had four or five planes looking there," he said. "The Iron County Search and Rescue, which is a volunteer organization, has really put in a major effort."

There have also been ATV search parties led by Christopher Coan's father, Dave, and Christopher Coan's grandfather.

"We have eliminated a lot of areas," Dave Coan said.
------------------------------------------------------
This is good.  It looks like his family is pushing for help to find Christopher, but to me it had a very slow start.  I saw one comment by law enforcement that basically said Christopher was an adult and could come and go as he pleased.  (It's in one of the articles posted in this thread) and I saw that it looked like the searches were stopped for a bit.  The last person to see Christopher alive was the Subway store manager.  It was said in the articles Christopher had no wallet and little gas.  A trucker may have spotted his truck, but didn't see Christopher and the surveillance cameras didn't pick up Christopher either. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2007, 05:02:44 PM »

Here's what I think - I think Christopher Robin took off on a lark with this girl:

liz

He says to her on August 3rd:

christopher robin
 Aug 3 2007 6:24P

hey what up? sorry about your living situation. good luck with moving out. there are a few reasons why i want to join the army; first, i want to learn discipline and order; second, i could have a better chance at college (should i take it), or a better job. and last, i've always wanted to fight, not for my country or for freedom all that is bullshit, i can't explain why though its something that cannot be put into words. but don't worry i probably won't be sent out onto the thin red line.
anyway, im going to mountain to smoke, it'll be cool my friends are going to come. i miss hanging out with you, i always thought you were the coolest chick in the world. have a good time, i'll talk to you later.

sincerely,
christopher robin 

Then on August 18th:

Aug 18 2007 11:08A

I've been to the ozarks actually; you know when i left at the end of the school year my dad did a bike ride across America for Make a Wish and Shaun, Pat, and I were in the van as support so we went to all sorts of places, and the Ozarks are f*****g amazing. Back in Texas i found a forest with my friend and it was the coolest smoking spot. i'd like to do one of those Rainbow gatherings sometime. have you heard of Burning Man?
bye for now.

sincerely,
christopher robin

Now the burning man already happenend - 8/27 - 9/3, so I know at least Christopher missed that. 

I just think he's stressed out and wanting to take off and be by himself or with another girl.  I hope I'm right.

The girl above lives in Logan Utah, a city that Christopher used to live in.  Could Christopher have decided to drive up to Logan and maybe had an accident?

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 08:27:19 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.