April 26, 2024, 09:11:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christopher Robin Coan, 18 missing since 9/3/07 Enoch, Utah (BODY FOUND)  (Read 37667 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2007, 09:27:33 AM »

True Muffy...perhaps not drug related since he had so little money on him. Sometimes that bothers me though...how is it that in so many cases people say 'he/she had very little or no money with them'...how do they know?? In any case, I don't feel this is related to the two shootings...those men were much older. To me, it doesn't fit.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2007, 06:50:30 PM »

Missing Person - Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: comm-488017888@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-11-24, 11:08AM MST
Hi Folks:

Awhile ago, I passed this along...about my friend Bonnie's son, Chris. He went missing in September.

http://www.findchris.org/

They finally have a clue.

Some news:

"Today a girl working at a gas station in Cortex, CO (Cortez???) "says' she can positively identify Chris as a boy that has come in several times, most recently with 2-3 day, trying to buy cigarettes"

Please pass this info along to anyone you know in that area.   

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
http://westslope.craigslist.org/com/488017888.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2007, 06:57:34 PM »

Very interesting, Nut.  I wonder what's going on, or if this is true.  If it's true, WOW!  That makes me also wonder if the head injury he had sustained when he was younger has caused some problems....

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2007, 07:10:42 PM »

Enoch, UT - Cortez, CO
Total Est. Time: 5 hours, 59 minutes     Total Est. Distance: 395.74 miles

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2007, 07:55:13 PM »

Thanks Klaas! Seems it was said somewhere that this kid has family or knows someone in Colorado?? I can't find that info right now and I may be thinking of a different missing person...not sure.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2008, 02:07:56 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:29:43 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2008, 08:29:57 PM »

Thank you for the update Nut.  I have been keeping an eye out for any news on this missing young man.  I see law enforcement has given up searching for him, and they seem to believe he is hiding.  Personally, I don't believe that. I'm glad to see his family still searching.  That has to be so hard for them, knowing law enforcement isn't looking.  I am still concerned Christopher may have run into some problems or some unsavory people.  The information given about Christopher says he  suffered from the effects of a head injury sustained when he was 7 years old. The effects surface occasionally over the years, Browning said, with Coan losing focus on his surroundings and overreacting to minor incidents.  And there was a problem the last day Christopher was at work, which may have upset him enough to cause him problems.  He may have driven off upset, ran into some bad people and I don't know what could have happened.  It was said he had little money.  This young touches my heart.  His name is Christopher Robin Coan.  Did his mother name him after the Milne stories with Winnie the Pooh?  I hope he is safe and can be found. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2009, 07:16:34 PM »

OMG ....... Waaaaa!   Christopher has been found...dead  

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:30:12 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2009, 07:31:02 AM »

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2009, 06:54:22 PM »

Oh no.  This is so sad.  I've been searching for news,  and following his case from the beginning.    I  was hopeful Christopher would turn up okay.   

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2009, 11:31:31 AM »

18 Year Old Christopher Robin Coan Missing Since 9/3/07 … Body Found in Vehicle at Bottom of Canyon

http://missingexploited.com/2009/04/11/18-year-old-christopher-robin-coan-missing-since-9307-body-found-in-vehicle-at-bottom-of-canyon/

Sad ending but at least the parents know the truth. Their son did not run off and want to be missing as police believed.

This is just an example that people do go missing even when they are 18 and above. Not everyone just wants to be missing.

Sometimes searches are called off too soon. There have been so many missing person cases lately where car accidents were involved and cars either went off into the woods, down ravines or into lakes.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2009, 02:25:50 PM »

18 Year Old Christopher Robin Coan Missing Since 9/3/07 … Body Found in Vehicle at Bottom of Canyon

http://missingexploited.com/2009/04/11/18-year-old-christopher-robin-coan-missing-since-9307-body-found-in-vehicle-at-bottom-of-canyon/

Sad ending but at least the parents know the truth. Their son did not run off and want to be missing as police believed.

This is just an example that people do go missing even when they are 18 and above. Not everyone just wants to be missing.

Sometimes searches are called off too soon.
There have been so many missing person cases lately where car accidents were involved and cars either went off into the woods, down ravines or into lakes.

ITA Red.  I have read it can be difficult if not impossible to gain cell phone records for some of the missing that are over the age 18 and other such obstacles/hurdles are in front of family and friends while they try to search on their own time with their own resources because the police searches or investigations are closed or it was decided by LE no search was warranted.  JMHO

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2009, 03:35:01 PM »

Family reacts to finding of son's body
April 10th, 2009 @ 6:03pm

CEDAR CITY -- From fear and desperation to sadness and shock; the Coan family in Iron County has been through all those emotions and more in the past year and a half. Their missing son's body was found Thursday at the bottom of a canyon near Cedar City.

For the past 19 months, the Coans have been searching everywhere for their son, 18-year-old Chris Coan. Turns out, he was less than 10 miles away.

"I'm still in shock," David Coan said. "Every day we can look from our house and see where it occurred."

Chris was found at the bottom of Right Hand Canyon near Cedar City Thursday. Police believe he died after his vehicle went off the steep road.

As tragic as the news is for the Coan family, they're relieved to finally have an answer. "The next time somebody thinks they saw the vehicle or Chris, we don't have to go through [that] roller coaster of emotions ever again," said Shannon Coan, Chris' stepmother.

Enoch Police Chief David Browning says he received hundreds of tips. "We've worked this case well over a year and a half now, and there hasn't been a day gone by where we didn't think about it," he said.

It wasn't until Rex Rushton chased his dogs into the Canyon, when he saw a vehicle in the thick brush. He recognized it from Coan's missing person posters. "As soon as I walked down and saw it was an S-10 blazer, yes, I immediately had the feeling," he said.

Police think Coan fell roughly 300 feet from the road above after missing a turn. Even though his family now knows Chris died a year and a half ago, for them, it feels like he died just yesterday.

"It's all new feelings. It's all new emotions and a new shock," Shannon said.

But they also know that shock will soon bring closure. "From the beginning we said we wanted to bring him home, no matter what that means. Obviously, this isn't the way we wanted to bring him home, but at least we know," Shannon said.

The family is making funeral plans; they'd like it to be a celebration of Chris' life. They also believe they can now be at peace, but more importantly, so can Chris.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=6121693

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2009, 09:08:02 PM »

Sometimes searches are called off too soon.
There have been so many missing person cases lately where car accidents were involved and cars either went off into the woods, down ravines or into lakes.

ITA Red.  I have read it can be difficult if not impossible to gain cell phone records for some of the missing that are over the age 18 and other such obstacles/hurdles are in front of family and friends while they try to search on their own time with their own resources because the police searches or investigations are closed or it was decided by LE no search was warranted.  JMHO

No one should ever assume that a person leaves voluntarily when there is no reason to think so. At least the family knows the truth now.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2009, 09:44:56 PM »

How sad, I was so hoping he was alive somewhere living the life of his choice.  He seemed like a free spirit kind of kid.  At least the family has closure now.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2009, 11:47:47 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:21:16 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2009, 11:49:12 AM »

Here is some more information:

Chris Coan found dead in canyon after almost two years

Dana Bell and McKenzie Romero
Issue date: 4/9/09 Section: News

After being missing for almost two years, 19-year-old Christopher Robin Coan was found dead 3 1/2 miles up Right Hand Canyon, which branches off of Cedar Canyon, Wednesday evening.

Rex Rushton, a Cedar City resident of 10 years who has been hiking in the area for almost 30, said he spotted the vehicle Wednesday night from a steep, snowy ridge that he climbed while looking for his dog, Zippo.

"I happened to turn around and look down and I spotted a vehicle," he said.

Rushton said he slid down and found the maroon Chevy Blazer, which was battered but sitting upright.

"As soon as I saw it I knew it was Chris,'" he said.

Enoch Police Chief David Browning said the police department received a call from Rushton at about 5 p.m. on Wednesday. Browning said Rushton was able to identify the car from a flier.

He said once he heard Rushton's description of the car he knew it was Coan's. The vehicle appears to have been in the canyon since Coan went missing in 2007, Browning said.

Rushton said he was walking through the canyon with his dogs, which he frequently does, when Zippo ran off. The dog rejoined him a few minutes after he reached the vehicle.

"Anyone who knows me knows this is my backyard," he said. "It was meant to happen this way … Chris wanted to be found today."

Rushton said he was careful not to disturb the scene, and led an initial search crew of about seven officers to the scene Thursday morning.

Officers located the driver's body, believed to be Coan's, which had been thrown from the vehicle in the crash, Rushton said.

"He went off a cliff," he said. "I heard (Cedar City Police Chief Robert Allinson) say he went down about 1,000 feet."

Browning said it was suspected that the car going off the cliff was an accident.

The vehicle was located in a way the kept it hidden from view from the road.
<snipped>
http://media.www.suujournal.com/media/storage/paper951/news/2009/04/09/News/Chris.Coan.Found.Dead.In.Canyon.After.Almost.Two.Years-3705898.shtml

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2009, 10:19:05 PM »

The obituary of Christopher Robin Coan.  May he rest in peace.

Christopher Robin Coan

April 22, 2009
On September 3, 2007 Chris passed on to once again be with our loving Lord and Savior. His remains were found April 9, 2009 on Cedar Mountain.
Christopher Robin Coan, beloved son, brother, soul mate and friend was born August 6, 1989 in Santa Clara, California. Chris graduated from Cedar High School in 2007. Chris had such a fun and easy going personality. He loved to skate and enjoyed nature. Chris was an avid reader and appreciated all types of music. Chris will be remembered for his quick-witted humor and pulling pranks on his friends.

Chris will be missed by his mother, Bonnie Robinson Cherrie; father and step-morther, Dave & Shannon Coan; brothers, Patrick and Shaun Coan; step-sister, Kennedy Roche'; step-brothers Wade and Remington Roche'; grandparents, Mark and Bonnie Cox; great grandmother Joyce Cox; girlfriend, Sasha Turner; and many other family members and friends.

Chris was proceeded in death by grandparents, Cliff and Rowena Coan, grandparents, Charles and Nancy Robinson; great-grandfather Blaine Cox.

A memorial service will be held on Saturday April 25, 2009 at 1:00 pm at Southern Utah Mortuary, 190 North 300 West, Cedar City, UT. There will be a celebration of Chris' life that evening at the Main Street Park, 200 North Main, Cedar City UT from 5:00 pm until dark. The family requests your company to enjoy stories of Chris and live music. In case of inclement weather the celebration will be moved to the Cedar 15th ward building at 500 West 400 North.

The family requests that in lieu of flowers donations be made to Project Jason, an organization for assisting families with missing loved ones (ProjectJason.Org) or Iron County Search and Rescue (IronRescue,Net).

Online condolences can be sent to www.southernutahmortuary.com.
http://www.thespectrum.com/article/20090422/OBITUARIES/904220346

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2009, 11:25:06 PM »

http://www.hvjournal.com/hurricane-local-news/52-cedar/7562-campfire-concerts.html
CAMPFIRE CONCERTS IN THE CANYON!

The Southwest Wildlife Foundation in conjunction with Groovacious will host the second in its series of family-friendly outdoor 077B_Scmyk on July 31, 2009. These entertaining, fun, musical get-togethers feature local and touring talent and begin at 8:00PM and are free to the public.
The first Campfire Concert was an overwhelming success, with attendees stacked up five deep around the campfire and everyone singing along and roasting marshmallows and mingling. The June concert was also a fundraiser for the Chris Coan Memorial Cable Bridge to be erected at the Foundation park site and money was raised for the construction of the bridge. The hope is that volunteers will have the construction completed by the July31 concert.
<snip>

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2009, 11:28:49 PM »

http://www.virtual-memorials.com/main.php?action=view&mem_id=16486&page_no=2

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.