March 28, 2024, 03:57:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jamie Harper - Paxton IL - missing 3/9/07  (Read 28819 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: October 17, 2007, 10:46:01 AM »

JAMIE HARPER
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: March 9, 2007 from Paxton, Illinois
Classification: Endangered Missing
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 125 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Unknown tribal design
tattoo on small of back.
Medical Conditions: Has epilepsy; hasn't had needed
medication since she went missing.
Clothing: Blue jeans, white jacket, sandals, carrying
small black bag.
Jewelry: Nose ring in left nostril.
Fingerprints: Yes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details of Disappearance

Jamie was last seen on March 9, 2007 in Paxton, Illinois. She left to go to a party in Rantoul, Illinois with her boyfriend and said she would be back the next morning. Her boyfriend had things to take care of and she was going to find a ride home but no one has seen her since. She has epilepsy and does not have medication with her.

Shortly after her disappearance, police received a tip from an anonymous caller that Jamie had overdosed, and her body had been disposed of in an area southeast of Paxton known as Dogtown. The area, which includes three gravel pits, has been searched, but no evidence was found.

According to Crime Library, the chief of police has noted similarities between Jamie's disappearance and that of Heather Dawn Mullins Zimmerman. Some of the same people may be involved. A tipster had also called in to a news station in 1997 stating that Heather would be found in the Dogtown gravel pits. Foul play has not been ruled out in either disappearance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Paxton Police Department
Officer Robert Bane
(217) 379-4315
OR
Rantoul Police Department
(217) 892-2103
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 10:48:04 AM »

Missing Persons Connection
Reported by: Sarah Jindra / WCIA 3 NEWS
Monday, May 14, 2007 @11:44pm CST

The link stems from a man police are now calling a "person of interest" in both cases.  They made the connection while searching for 20-year-old Jamie Harper of Paxton.  She was last seen at a party in Rantoul.  For the family of Heather Zimmerman, who disappeared 10 years ago, it's a story that sounds eerily familiar.

When Zimmerman's family heard the news about Jamie Harper, it was just news.  Until more details came out  That's when they got a glimmer of hope, that the similarities in both cases, could help answer their questions.

"It's been a long ten years.  But we just go day by day, and just hope something will come up," says Zimmerman's mother, Ann Mullins. For a decade, Mullins has been wondering what happened to her daughter.

Gifford police began searching for 19-year-old Heather Zimmerman after she disappeared  in 1997.  Her parents say she left to go out with friends and never returned.  Now police say they've learned some of the people who were last seen with Zimmerman, were also those last seen with Jamie Harper.   In fact, they say their "person of interest" in both cases is the same man.

And the similarities continue.  After Zimmerman's disappearance, an anonymous person called us here at WCIA, and said her body was at the dogtown pits.   That launched a massive search at the time.  And police got the same tip to look for Harper in the gravel pits.

But again, they came up empty handed.  It was an emotional time for Harper's mother.  Ann Mullins reached out and called her, to share the pain.  "I told her I know exactly where you're at and how you're feeling," Mullins shared.

Two women, ten years apart.  Similar looks, age and social circles.  And now both of their families share one goal.  To have the person accountable held responsible.

Police wouldn't go into details about their "person of interest," just that they've questioned him.  If you have any details, you're urged to call police.

Zimmerman's family is planning a remembrance ceremony for May 26th in Gifford. Its the 10th anniversary of Heather's disappearance.

http://illinoishomepage.net/content/fulltext/?cid=5926
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 10:54:49 AM »

Jeromy Ramm - allegedly involved in Heather Zimmerman's disappearance:

From Grande:

From what I understand, Jamie was dating a kid named Josh Nibbe.  Him and his brother Ryan who was just released from prison, are legitimate trouble makers to say the least. 

So at this party we allegedly have Ward Birch (the party host & fellow convicted felon),  Josh Nibbe (Jamie Harper's b/f) & Jeromy Ramm (allegedly involved in the disappearance of Heather Zimmerman).  Sounds fun huh?   

Perhaps one of the most interesting details I have come accross is a recent criminal charge filed against Ryan Nibbe, brother of Josh Nibbie; 

Offense Date  6/24/2007   
Count Description  01  BATTERY/CAUSE BODILY HARM   
Docket Entries - HAVE NO CONTACT whatsoever, directly or indirectly with Ward P. Birch or the address of 1333 Laurel Dr.
Disposition -  EX PARTE - No appearance by Defendant

Note the address and the occupants name.  The alleged host of the party Jamie Harper was last seen one Ward P. Birch!  So 4 days after Jamie's boyfriend's brother gets out of State prison he goes to the last place Jamie Harper was seen (Ward Birch - 1333 Laurel Dr.) and commits the alleged crime of Battery.   

Lastly, I have a source claiming a kid named 'JD' has been running around town 'bragging' that his brother killed Jamie Harper and dumped her in one of the 3 'Dogtown' gravel pits.  Sounds familiar doesn't it? When I looked at Ryan Nibbe's profile on the Illinois Dept. of
Corrections website (http://www.idoc.state.il.us/subsections/search/default.asp)
I had quite the epiphany when I read the 'Marks, Scars, Tattoo's' section, reads as follows;

TATTOO, ARM, RIGHT UPPER - CROSS/"JD-JOSH"/FACE/"LOVE"

Also from Grande:

Jeromy Ramm

Offense Date 10/24/1992
Count Description DISREGARD STOP SIGN
Address 1979 CNTY RD 3000RD Rantoul, Il
Vehicle WHT/GOLD 1978 Chevy - Plate # XN 3939
Disposition Guilty - Fine

Offense Date 8/21/1993
Count Description SQUEALING/SCREECHING TIRES
Vehicle Tan 1983 Buick - Plate # XN 3939

Offense Date 6/22/1994
Count Description DRIVING 15-20 MPH ABOVE LIMIT
Vehicle Tan 1983 Buick - Plate # PEP 672

Offense Date 8/22/1994
Count Description RECKLESS DRIVING
Vehicle Blue 1983 Buick - Plate # PEP 672

Offense Date 12/25/1994
Vehicle Blue 1983 Buick - Plate # PEP 672

Offense Date 2/2/1995
Jurisdiction Champaign County
Count Description U.L. POSS/ALCOHOL BY MINOR
Co-Defendant Michael W. Zimmerman
Disposition Cause Dismissed

Offense Date 3/17/1995
Count Description 01 BURGLARY
Co-Defendant Bradley S Medler
Disposition Guilty - 60 Days County

Description Heather Mullins Zimmerman last seen on May 26, 1995

Offense Date 10/2/1996
Vehicle White 1987 Plymouth - Plate # FPB 714

Offense Date 11/20/1996

Offense Date 1/1/1997
Count Description FAIL RIGHT-WAY/EMER PRIVATE RD

Offense Date 2/11/1998
Count Description TRANSP/CARRY ALC LIQ/DRIVER
Count Description IMPROPER TURN AT INTERSECTION
Vehicle Brown 1982 Buick - Plate # C214164

Offense Date 7/13/1998
Count Description 01 AGG DISCHARGE FIREARM/OCC BLDG
02 FELON POSS/USE WEAPON/FIREARM
03 RECK DISCH FIREARM/ENDANGERS
Docket Entries HAVE NO CONTACT whatsoever, directly or indirectly with #8 HILLCREST TRAILER PARK, GIFFORD
Disposition Cause Dismissed

Offense Date 5/28/2001
Count Description AVOID TRAFFIC CONTROL SIGNAL
Vehicle Yellow 1978 Chevy - Plate # 6435 XM

File Date 3/22/2002
Description PATERNITY
Petitioner Jamie Parrish
Disposition judgment of parentage entered

Offense Date 6/4/2002
Count Description DRIVING 21-25 MPH ABOVE LIMIT
Address 1301 E LEVERETT RD #37 Champaign, IL
Vehicle Yellow 1978 Chevy - Plate # 2187 YK

Offense Date 7/6/2002
Count Description 01 DOMESTIC BATTERY/BODILY HARM
02 DOMESTIC BATTERY/BODILY HARM
Docket Entries No contact provision (later lifted) 1301 E LEVERETT RD #37 Champaign, IL
Disposition Count 1 24 mos. Conditional discharge - Count 2 Dismissed

Offense Date 9/1/2002
Count Description DRVG UNDER INFLU/BAC 0.08
Address 1301 E LEVERETT RD #37 Champaign, IL
Vehicle Silver 1990 Nissan
Disposition Guilty - 100hrs. Community service + fines

Offense Date 6/24/2003
Count Description DOMESTIC BTRY/BODILY HARM PRI
Disposition Guilty - 200 days county jail - Charge reduced to failure to comply w/ peace officer

File Date 6/25/2003
Description ORDER OF PROTECTION
Petitioner Anastasia Ramm
Disposition No appearance by the Petitioner - Cause dismissed

File Date 6/3/2004
Disposition No appearance by the Petitioner - Cause dismissed

Offense Date 10/19/2004
Count Description AGG BATTERY/PUBLIC PLACE
Docket Entries Deft. Is ordered to HAVE NO CONTACT whatsoever, directly or indirectly with Amastasia Ramm or the residence of 1341 Sunset, Rantoul, IL.
Disposition Guilty - 2 years IDOC

Offense Date 12/26/2006
Count Description BURGLARY
Disposition 5 YRS DOC W/70 DAYS CREDIT, $27933.64 RESTITUTION

File Date 6/7/2006
Description DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE
Disposition Both parties are awarded a Judgment of Dissolution of marriage

File Date 1/17/2007
Disposition Petitioner files this date a written Motion to Dismiss the Order - Cause dismissed

Description Jamie E. Harper last seen March 9, 2007

Description Jeromy Ramm IDOC custody date 08/23/07

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 06:24:01 PM »

Shoot, I can't find the channel info for the channel I am on. They said a tip was called in and investigators were searching an area. It looked like at some farmground. It said off route 45. Nothing had been found so far. I hope it is a legitimate tip and not just someone playing games.

I had planned on posting on some of our other forums but it just takes to long to get to anything anymore I do not have the patience. Sorry.

Just a swinging with the tribe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 07:11:36 PM »

Shoot, I can't find the channel info for the channel I am on. They said a tip was called in and investigators were searching an area. It looked like at some farmground. It said off route 45. Nothing had been found so far. I hope it is a legitimate tip and not just someone playing games.

I had planned on posting on some of our other forums but it just takes to long to get to anything anymore I do not have the patience. Sorry.

Today?  Thanks for the update!
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 10:48:36 PM »

I am so embarrased about the misinfo in that last post. I said 45 and it was 49. I should have searched for links.

Searching For Harper
Reported by: Charles Vance/WCIA 3
Wednesday, Oct 17, 2007 @07:00pm CST

Rantoul police are investigating a possible lead in the search for a missing Paxton woman. Twenty-year-old Jamie Harper disappeared back in march. Police say a tip lead them to an abandoned garage along Highway 49 in Vermilion County. Several officers and search crews from Rantoul were out Wednesday searching the area around the garage with shovels, sifting through the dirt. Rantoul Police Chief Paul Farber says Wednesday's search turned up nothing. He says he is unsure whether officers will return for another search of the area. There have been several leads and tips in the past leading to searches around ford and Champaign County in rural ponds and the gravel pits near Paxton.
http://illinoishomepage.net/content/fulltext/?cid=9135

Harper Search Has Whole Town Talking
Reported by: Matt Franzblau/WCIA-3
Wednesday, Oct 17, 2007 @09:03pm CST

(PAXTON)---A new search renews hope the family and friends of Jamie Harper can finally get some answers. Harper disappeared after a party in Rantoul back in early March. Wednesday police acted on a new tip in the case by digging around an old barn near Armstrong in Vermilion County. Police say they didn't find anything, but it did get neighbors in Paxton talking about the case again. "I hope they do find her so her mom can have closure." Says former I.G.A. co-worker Terrie Miller "When I talked to (Jamie's mom) at the store she had said that until they find Jamie's body, to her she is still alive, so she either needs closure one way or the other." Brooke Martin agrees. She met Harper just about a week before she disappeared. "She seemed really nice and I thought I'd become friends with her." She says "And I have no idea what happened to her, kind of makes me want to know what happened." Wednesday's search was one of the bigger one's they've done since checking the gravel pits outside Paxton just weeks after Harper’s disappearance.

http://illinoishomepage.net/content/fulltext/sid=cc9686867c14ed77aea19d554a040c3c&cid=9136

Just a swinging with the tribe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 11:30:37 PM »

Thanks Sam!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 01:05:55 AM »

http://illinoishomepage.net/content/fulltext/?cid=9136

Harper Search Has Whole Town Talking
Reported by: Matt Franzblau/WCIA-3
Wednesday, Oct 17, 2007 @09:03pm CST

(PAXTON)---A new search renews hope the family and friends of Jamie Harper can finally get some answers. Harper disappeared after a party in Rantoul back in early March. Wednesday police acted on a new tip in the case by digging around an old barn near Armstrong in Vermilion County. Police say they didn't find anything, but it did get neighbors in Paxton talking about the case again. "I hope they do find her so her mom can have closure." Says former I.G.A. co-worker Terrie Miller "When I talked to (Jamie's mom) at the store she had said that until they find Jamie's body, to her she is still alive, so she either needs closure one way or the other." Brooke Martin agrees. She met Harper just about a week before she disappeared. "She seemed really nice and I thought I'd become friends with her." She says "And I have no idea what happened to her, kind of makes me want to know what happened." Wednesday's search was one of the bigger one's they've done since checking the gravel pits outside Paxton just weeks after Harper’s disappearance.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 03:43:19 PM »

Thursday, Oct 18, 2007 @05:24pm CST

20 year-old Jamie Harper was last seen in March at a house party in Rantoul. After Wednesday's search, many people are now asking, what's developed? While police are tight-lipped about they've found, they do say progress is being made, especially after they combed through a field on route 49 near Armstrong. A tip led them there. That was one of the bigger searches police have done since checking gravel pits outside Paxton months ago. Now they say they may be on to something. "We never put out that nothing was ever found," said Chief Paul Farber. "Indeed we did take some things from there, but I'm not going to specify what we did take." Of course this case is still an ongoing investigation so specific details can't be released. FBI has said Harper will be featured on the CBS show "Without a Trace" next Thursday. It features a missing person at the end of each episode. The CBS "Early Show" will do a follow up to that story the following morning.
http://illinoishomepage.net/content/fulltext/?cid=9163

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 03:45:33 PM »

Agencies look for missing woman at Vermilion site

By Meg Thilmony

Friday, October 19, 2007 7:46 AM CDT

ARMSTRONG – Several law enforcement agencies searched a rural Vermilion County location Wednesday in connection with missing woman Jamie Harper.

Sgt. Jeff Wooten of the Rantoul Police Department said authorities searched a property for about eight hours where U.S. 136 and Illinois 49 run together.
"We've had some tips that there may have been evidence on that property detailing what may have happened to Jamie Harper," Wooten said. He declined to comment about whether authorities found any evidence, but said they did not find a body. Wooten would not say who owns the property.
Harper, 20, of Paxton was last seen at a party in Rantoul in the early morning hours of March 10. She was reported missing later that month. In the spring, Rantoul police searched fields north of Rantoul and in Dogtown, an area between Paxton and Rantoul.
Wooten would not say if the search at the property will continue.
About 25 officers and investigators from the Rantoul and Paxton police departments, Vermilion and Champaign County sheriff's offices, and the Illinois State Police assisted in the search, Wooten said. They also used dogs.
"It's not a huge piece of property but there are some nearby waterways," Wooten said. "A lot of areas were searched in that general vicinity."
Those include buildings on the land, which Wooten said consisted of about three-quarters of an acre, Wooten said. Police also searched roadside ditches, a wooded area and the banks of the Middle Fork River nearby.
Wooten said he doesn't expect to call in any outside search teams, such as Equu-Search. The Texas-based firm assisted in finding the remains of missing Naomi Arnette south of Sadorus earlier this fall.
"The areas that we've wanted to search or had any information that needed to be searched have been searched," Wooten said, "and done very thoroughly."
Paxton Police Chief Bob Bane confirmed that his department assisted Rantoul police Wednesday.
Wooten said he's been working with the Federal Bureau of Investigation for the last few weeks on Harper's case and succeeded in getting the FBI to put her on its Web site.
For more information, go to www.FBI.gov and click on missing persons and kidnappings.
He said Harper's case is also expected to be featured at the end of the CBS show "Without a Trace" later this month.
Anyone with information about Harper can call Rantoul Police at 892-2103 or Ford County Crimestoppers at 784-4173. Crimestoppers is offering up to a $1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest.
Harper stands 5 feet tall, weighs about 130 pounds, has brown hair and eyes, has a tattoo on the small of her back and a nose ring in her left nostril. She was last seen wearing blue jeans, a white jacket, sandals and carrying a black handbag.
News-Gazette staff writer Mary Schenk and Paxton Record editor Will Brumleve also contributed to this story.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...er_at_vermilion

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 05:18:12 PM »

Jamie Harper: 1 Year Later
Friday, Mar 7, 2008
20 year-old Jamie Harper was last seen at a house party in Rantoul last March. Now police need your help to solve this mystery. They're getting tips, but not enough. They say their search is turning up few clues. Clues as to where Harper disappeared and if she's still alive. Police say they're determined to find the answers and hopefully bring her home. They've sent out search teams time and time again when leads rolled in, but they need more information. They say no matter what happens in the end, her family needs closure. "We've not had any tips lately that would indicate that she was gone on her own will so that coupled with the length of time, it becomes increasingly more possible that things are not going to turn out very well," said Sgt. Jeff Wooten of the Rantoul Police Department. Police stress their investigation is ongoing. Posters asking for information still coat the town.

Sgt. Wooten spoke with Harper's mom Thursday. The past 12 months have been an emotional roller coaster for her, but she's still holding onto hope.
http://illinoishomepage.net/content/fulltext/?cid=11847

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 06:21:28 PM »

2 years later ..... 

Jamie Harper Still Missing
Reported by: Erin Maloney/WCFN & WCIA 3 News
Sunday, Mar 8, 2009 @08:19pm CST
Rantoul Police are still working hard to find out what happened to Jamie Harper.

It’s been two years since the 20-year-old’s disappearance, when she was last seen leaving a party in Rantoul.

Since then there have been numerous searches trying to find her. Police are treating it like an abduction, but say they haven’t ruled anything out. They say it’s important to remember Harper and her family until there’s a break in the case.

“We keep our fingers crossed, keep ourselves remembering the case,” Rantoul Chief Police Paul Farber said, “and some prayer for that too that something will come through and somebody will step forward or something will come up that will open this case wide open." .

Police received their last tip a few weeks ago and will investigate every lead they get. They are just waiting for that one piece of information to bring Harper home. http://illinoishomepage.net/content/fulltext/?cid=73741

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 12:59:29 PM »

3 years later 

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted_by_the_fbi/archive/wanted050710.htm
Press Room: Wanted by the FBI

Wanted by the FBI

Jamie Harper, 05/07/10
Listen with Windows Media Player
Also available on iTunes

Mr. Schiff: Hi. This is Wanted by the FBI, from the FBI. Can you help find a missing Illinois woman?

Mr. Buckley: “Her name is Jamie Harper and it began on the morning of Saturday, March 10, 2007.”

Mr. Schiff: Special Agent Pete Buckley at the FBI’s Springfield, Illinois, Field Office.

Mr. Buckley: “She had attended a party in the Rantoul, Illinois area and had been driven there by a friend of hers.”

Mr. Schiff: Buckley says Harper left the party with someone else.

Mr. Buckley: “She was supposed to end up that night at a girlfriend’s house and she never did arrive.”

Mr. Schiff: Buckley says there is a concern because Harper has epilepsy and didn’t have medication with her.

Mr. Buckley: “Jamie Harper is a 23-year-old white female, 5 feet tall, 130 pounds, brown hair, brown eyes, with a pierced nose, and a tattoo of a tribal design located in the middle of her lower back.”

Mr. Schiff: Know anything about Jamie Harper? Call the FBI or the Rantoul, Illinois Police Department. See her missing flyer at fbi.gov. That’s Wanted by the FBI for this week. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau’s Office of Public Affairs.

Wanted by the FBI Archives

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.