April 25, 2024, 07:57:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #6 9/17 - 9/30/2007  (Read 205842 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: September 17, 2007, 02:06:13 AM »

This thread will be like the old LCD thread.  We only request that if you have actual news, photos or pertenant facts on specific cases you post in the proper area.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 10:15:25 PM by San » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 11:39:44 AM »

I'm reposting this in the new thread as I know we have some Atlanta area members:

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=103200

JULIAN WALKER

Man Sought in Two DeKalb Murders

Police launched a manhunt Monday morning for a man wanted in two separate murders that took place less than one hour apart.

Investigators believe Julian Walker shot and killed his ex-girlfriend's stepfather on Wellborne Trace and Marbut Road about 4:28 a.m. A short time later, Walker shot and killed a woman believed to be his ex-wife at an apartment in the 2400 block of Eiffel Court, police said.

Walker is believed to be driving a beige 1994 GMC Sierra 1500 extended cab pickup truck with a chrome toolbox in the back. It may have a dented front left fender
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 12:09:36 PM »

ldstlou - unfortunately, there is a bail hearing in Las Vegas this morning.  According to OJ's attorney the judge has to set bail.  My fear is no matter how high, OJ will make bail and SPLIT.

Listening to updates on Court TV now. No bail set yet.
Serious charges!! Robbery w/ deadly weapon, assault w/ deadly weapon...etc, max 30 years/ count!! I hope they nail him!!
I saw him on tv the other day, in a suit, smiling, signing autographs and shazing hands all cocky!! AHHH!!!
THEN!!! whole different story today...in blue jailbird suit and shackles stumbling down steps!!  cheers
THAT was much more like it!!!
Now if we could just get Joran in one of those suits and shackles!!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
shadow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 12:21:21 PM »

I'm reposting this in the new thread as I know we have some Atlanta area members:

JULIAN WALKER

Police launched a manhunt Monday morning for a man wanted in two separate murders that took place less than one hour apart.

Investigators believe Julian Walker shot and killed his ex-girlfriend's stepfather on Wellborne Trace and Marbut Road about 4:28 a.m. A short time later, Walker shot and killed a woman believed to be his ex-wife at an apartment in the 2400 block of Eiffel Court, police said.

Walker is believed to be driving a beige 1994 GMC Sierra 1500 extended cab pickup truck with a chrome toolbox in the back. It may have a dented front left fender

Thanks Klass. I had not seen this . . . Good afternoon monkeys!

There is a basin in the mind where words float around on thought and sound and sight. Then there is a depth of thought untouched by words, and deeper still a gulf of formless feelings untouched by thought. - Zora Neal Hurston
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 12:26:38 PM »

Good afternoon Shadow    Have you had lunch yet?   Think it will be tomato soup and a grilled cheese for me

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 12:47:09 PM »

Good afternoon Shadow    Have you had lunch yet?   Think it will be tomato soup and a grilled cheese for me

Yes, hello to Shadow....I had a ham & cheese sandwich, but want you to know that I decided on pasta for tonight and have a pot of sauce simmering with hot sausage...do not have the makings for meatballs so they'll have to be happy with what I had here.  My mother-in-law's cousin passed away this past weekend  (85 & had Parkinsons) and we'll be going to the wake tonight, so dinner can be earlier than usual.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 01:01:08 PM »

2NJ I'm sorry to hear of your Mother-in-Law's cousin's passing.  Pasta and hot sausage sounds to me like good comfort food, and it will warm the house. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
shadow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 01:49:38 PM »

Hi Muffy & 2NJSons! I still haven't had lunch yet and now I am really hungry!  Smile

There is a basin in the mind where words float around on thought and sound and sight. Then there is a depth of thought untouched by words, and deeper still a gulf of formless feelings untouched by thought. - Zora Neal Hurston
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 02:00:21 PM »

Well, I just filled out 2 responses to weddings we have coming up, made a hotel reservation for one of them....now, have to go back to sifting through paper for recycle.  Does anyone else end up with piles of flyers, etc.?  We try to throw the junk out as it comes in, but still end up with so much.  Makes me crazed.

Yes, the sauce smells great, the house is a little warmer, but will be moreso when I make the pasta....it'll be good. 

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 02:08:22 PM »

Oh, and thank you, MuffyBee.  My husband's family hasn't had the closeness most families have....he didn't even know how the woman was related, so I had to ask his mother to clarify for me because I remembered her from many years ago.  She'd been sick a long time and had an aunt looking after her, even after she was put in a nursing home.  There are a couple of aunts & uncles younger than my MIL, their niece.....makes ones head spin.  Anyway, she is at rest...thanks, again.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 03:38:32 PM »

JULIAN WALKER

Thanks Klaas for posting this and his picture.  I'll be sure to keep my windows & doors locked and be on the lookout for suspicious characters. 

Do you remember the court house shooter, Bryan Nichols?  He was found not but a few miles from where I live.  SCary stuff!  And it ain't even Halloween yet!!!!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 03:43:13 PM »

Good afternoon SF.  I'm glad you are going to batten down the hatches round your home.  You might want to be sure your cars are locked and any outbuildings too.  Some of these people have no conscience and wouldn't think twice about harming. Sad

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 04:06:03 PM »

Hi Sunfreak - just got back from the store.  Glad I was able to find a picture of that guy, the first article didn't have one.  Please be careful.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 04:20:52 PM »

Afternoon Monkeys. Just FYI, I posted something on the OJ thread (Index: Current Events).

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 04:25:59 PM »

Afternoon Monkeys. Just FYI, I posted something on the OJ thread (Index: Current Events).

Clarification - Current Events > News of the Day. Here's the link:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2164.0

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2007, 04:29:13 PM »

Clarification - Current Events > News of the Day. Here's the link:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2164.0

Thank you Ms. Marple.  You made a very interesting post on the OJ thread. 

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2007, 04:38:41 PM »

quote]

Listening to updates on Court TV now. No bail set yet.
Serious charges!! Robbery w/ deadly weapon, assault w/ deadly weapon...etc, max 30 years/ count!! I hope they nail him!!
I saw him on tv the other day, in a suit, smiling, signing autographs and shazing hands all cocky!! AHHH!!!
THEN!!! whole different story today...in blue jailbird suit and shackles stumbling down steps!!  cheers
THAT was much more like it!!!
Now if we could just get Joran in one of those suits and shackles!!!

I watched the Geraldo interview the guy who set up the sting and I must say Geraldo is a complete joke!! I am still PO'D at him and BOR for jumping all over the BS story about Natalee dying of a cocaine overdose..

http://tinyurl.com/2n6lzo

Also the the possible hit on Kevin Federline?? I have a feeling we havent heard the last of Brittney Spears getting into big trouble!!

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Karo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2007, 06:07:42 PM »

Dugga, I deeply appreciate your long, thoughtful post—and the avatar to go with it...   

Personally, I took offense to your comments about New Orleans mainly because they were made in response to the discovery of killer bees in this area.  We certainly don’t need any more death and destruction here. 

Again, thank you for your apology  Very Happy
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2007, 06:32:30 PM »

Dugga, I deeply appreciate your long, thoughtful post—and the avatar to go with it...   

Personally, I took offense to your comments about New Orleans mainly because they were made in response to the discovery of killer bees in this area.  We certainly don’t need any more death and destruction here. 

Again, thank you for your apology  Very Happy

Thank you, Karo.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2007, 07:04:53 PM »

This would be cool  Laughing

http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/archivesearch/local_story_258232215.html

Zebra shows up at home in Ranger Creek area
By Renee Fite
Phoenix Staff Writer

— When Sharon McConough heard her dog barking like crazy, she thought she was dreaming when she looked outside.
Deer and raccoon regularly visit her Ranger Creek home east of Fort Gibson Dam, but she was shocked to see a zebra last Tuesday night.
She ran to get her camera because she knew no one would believe her if she told them she saw a zebra in her yard.
Bizzy, her large, white shepherd, barks sometimes, but he was really barking that night, so she knew something was wrong.
“It was about midnight, and I’d just shut off my computer and I got up and went to look outside. It’s so weird, you can’t imagine what it’s like to look out a glass door and see a zebra trotting down the driveway.”
She is sure he’s visited before because she’s found several clues.
“The dog food was scattered everywhere, and the dog doesn’t do that. There were dog food pieces in the water bowl, and he doesn’t do that either.”
McConough also noticed the cat food bowls look like a big tongue licked them clean.
“Cat’s don’t do that, and the dog was in his pen.”
She also had set up a plant mister that the dog can’t reach, and it was knocked down.
Although she’s stayed up every night since, she hasn’t seen her striped visitor since his Tuesday visit. But she’s still on the watch and wonders how a zebra came to be running loose in her neighborhood.
The zebra is wearing a halter, so it appears to be a pet.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.