April 24, 2024, 04:26:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #6 9/17 - 9/30/2007  (Read 205831 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2007, 08:08:12 PM »

Yipes!  Stripes!  Laughing Laughing  That would be a very strange thing to behold grazing in your yard. Laughing

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2007, 08:11:57 PM »

Hi Monkeys   

A zebra  showing up in the back yard.  Shocked

That would make you go... What the heck did I eat or drink today  Wink Laughing

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2007, 08:27:29 PM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20825107/

Shot may be boosting ear-infection germs
Strains tied to kids’ ear infections flourish as vaccine fights common germs

The Associated Press
Updated: 3:02 p.m. PT Sept 17, 2007

CHICAGO - A vaccine that has dramatically curbed pneumonia and other serious illnesses in children is having an unfortunate effect: promoting new superbugs that cause ear infections.

On Monday, doctors reported discovering the first such germ that is resistant to all drugs approved to treat childhood ear infections. Nine toddlers in Rochester, N.Y., have had the germ and researchers say it may be turning up elsewhere, too.

It is a strain of strep bacteria not included in pneumococcal vaccine, Wyeth's Prevnar, which came on the market in 2000. It is recommended for children under age 2.

Doctors say parents should continue to have their toddlers get the shots because the vaccine prevents serious illness and even saves lives. But the new resistant strep is a worry.

"The best way to prevent these resistant infections from spreading is to be careful about how we use antibiotics," said Dr. Cynthia Whitney, chief of respiratory diseases at the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Avoiding antibiotics when they are not needed is the best way to ensure they will work when they are, she said.

(snipped)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2007, 08:43:24 PM »

This is way cool - note, there is no sound to this video:

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2007, 08:59:22 PM »

Calling Klaas!  Razz

Just sent you an email, but not sure if I still have the correct one.  I have two for you..  Please let me know if you recieved it.

Thank YOU!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2007, 09:03:24 PM »

Calling Klaas!  Razz

Just sent you an email, but not sure if I still have the correct one.  I have two for you..  Please let me know if you recieved it.

Thank YOU!

Got it and responded  Very Happy
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2007, 09:07:18 PM »

Wow, that was fast!   Like I should be surpised or something!?   Laughing

Thank you Sweety!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2007, 09:11:38 PM »

Wow, that was fast!   Like I should be surpised or something!?   Laughing

Thank you Sweety!

You're welcome!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2007, 09:34:21 PM »

Yipes!  Stripes!  Laughing Laughing  That would be a very strange thing to behold grazing in your yard. Laughing
we would get a letter from our homeowners assn' complaining that it was an unauthorized pet...

but it would be wayyyyyyyyyy cool

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2007, 09:44:29 PM »

we would get a letter from our homeowners assn' complaining that it was an unauthorized pet...

but it would be wayyyyyyyyyy cool

I almost made a Freudian slip Shocked

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2007, 10:02:48 PM »

Question.... I have talked to Jaq briefly.. but I wish she was here right now....

OK.. who saw the movie "The Departed"?  Was Marky Mark at the end a good guy or a rat?  I didn't see the first probably 20 minutes of the movie, so I couldn't tell.... I am leaning toward he wasn't one of the rats, but the symbolism of the rat on the balcony left me wondering...

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2007, 10:05:47 PM »

Question.... I have talked to Jaq briefly.. but I wish she was here right now....

OK.. who saw the movie "The Departed"?  Was Marky Mark at the end a good guy or a rat?  I didn't see the first probably 20 minutes of the movie, so I couldn't tell.... I am leaning toward he wasn't one of the rats, but the symbolism of the rat on the balcony left me wondering...

I saw it!  Great movie

Spoiler Alert for those who haven't

He's a bad guy....

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2007, 10:07:39 PM »

Sorry to interrupt.  Time for a fridge check, ya'll. (again)
Dole Recalls Lettuce Over E. Coli Scare
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297131,00.html
The voluntary recall affects all packages of Dole's Hearts Delight salad mix sold in the United States and Canada with a "best if used by" date of September 19, 2007, and a production code of "A24924A" or "A24924B," Dole said.

The product was sold in Ontario, Quebec and the Maritime Provinces in Canada and in Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania,and Tennessee starting around Sept. 8, said Marty Ordman, a Dole spokesman. The product may have been available in other U.S. states wholesalers distributed to, Ordman said.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2007, 10:09:57 PM »

The voluntary recall affects all packages of Dole's Hearts Delight salad mix sold in the United States and Canada with a "best if used by" date of September 19, 2007, and a production code of "A24924A" or "A24924B," Dole said.

The product was sold in Ontario, Quebec and the Maritime Provinces in Canada and in Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania,and Tennessee starting around Sept. 8, said Marty Ordman, a Dole spokesman. The product may have been available in other U.S. states wholesalers distributed to, Ordman said.

Lordy,  can't even eat healthy anymore! Rolling Eyes

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2007, 10:12:21 PM »

I saw it!  Great movie

He's a bad guy....

Really?? I thought so but he was working so hard with Martin Sheen... and he hated Matt Damon so much... I just knew I was wrong!  Was he working with Jack Nicholson????
 The movie is supposed to prtray Whitey Bulger.. right??

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2007, 10:14:28 PM »

I am starting to wonder what we have the FDA for???? I am so glad I decided to be sick of salad this week...  Rolling Eyes

Notice that chocolate is never (so far...) on the list??? Maybe we should all live on chocolate???? Shocked

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2007, 10:16:54 PM »

I am starting to wonder what we have the FDA for???? I am so glad I decided to be sick of salad this week...  Rolling Eyes

Notice that chocolate is never (so far...) on the list??? Maybe we should all live on chocolate???? Shocked

Is Chocolate A Health Food? Laughing

Chocolate contains more than 300 chemicals, and has been the subject of a number of studies by universities and other scientific organizations. Here's a quick rundown of the results. (Note, we have no way of proving or disproving these claims so we offer them here as a stimulus for further research. If you're really interested in the subject, this may provide you with a starting point.)

* Cacao, the source of chocolate, contains antibacterial agents that fight tooth decay. Of course, this is counteracted by the high sugar content of milk chocolate.

* The smell of chocolate may increase theta brain waves, resulting in relaxation.

* Chocolate contains phenyl ethylamine, a mild mood elevator.

* The cocoa butter in chocolate contains oleic acid, a mono-unsaturated fat which may raise good cholesterol.

* Drinking a cup of hot chocolate before meals may actually diminish appetite.

* Men who eat chocolate live a year longer than those who don't.

* The flavanoids in chocolate may help keep blood vessels elastic.

* Chocolate increases antioxidant levels in the blood.

* Mexican healers use chocolate to treat bronchitis and insect bites.

* The carbohydrates in chocolate raise serotonin levels in the brain, resulting in a sense of well-being.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2007, 10:22:26 PM »

Thanks Klaas!  Just proves my point Laughing Laughing

where is CBB?  She needs to hear this!

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2007, 10:24:53 PM »

I saw it!  Great movie

He's a bad guy....

Really?? I thought so but he was working so hard with Martin Sheen... and he hated Matt Damon so much... I just knew I was wrong!  Was he working with Jack Nicholson????
 The movie is supposed to prtray Whitey Bulger.. right??

Shoot, now I'm second guessing myself.  I am remembering the very last scene with him and I believe you may be right. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2007, 10:26:03 PM »

Thanks Klaas!  Just proves my point Laughing Laughing

where is CBB?  She needs to hear this!
Yep, figured that was better than posting the calorie count, LOLOL  Laughing Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.