May 28, 2024, 02:22:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #6 9/17 - 9/30/2007  (Read 207797 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #240 on: September 20, 2007, 11:48:59 AM »

Lala's - after you get your desktop shortcut done (and I know you will), check out what I just posted in the NH thread.  Pretty interresting front page post.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #241 on: September 20, 2007, 11:49:36 AM »

Lala's - after you get your desktop shortcut done (and I know you will), check out what I just posted in the NH thread.  Pretty interresting front page post.

Will do.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #242 on: September 20, 2007, 01:45:04 PM »

Lala's? Just wanted to be sure that you know you've been "dressed and remembered" for Halloween. It's early, but on the thread when/if you want it.  Wink

crazybabyborg
« Reply #243 on: September 20, 2007, 01:53:55 PM »

Update on the continuing saga of my bedroom catastophe:

Haven't touched a thing. I have, however, decided to ask for "National Disaster" status and apply for Fedral Funds.

WHAT'S the deal with the Iranian Leader's Balz? Tell you what, Monkeys...........I'll meet you in New York to form our own human "wreath" around that site to keep that SOB from celebrating the "victory" there.

HI GUYS!  Very Happy
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 01:56:07 PM by crazybabyborg » Logged
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #244 on: September 20, 2007, 02:11:23 PM »

Howdy Mums  please send me an e mail ok  will get ya up to speed on it ok ?  only if you want to <g> Smile your friend  Jerry   

CBB   the way you say things is just priceless  ROFL   Laughing
  First  real laugh I have had in about 4 months .
  Oh and BTW  if I forgot to Thank you for my Halloween avatar Thanks 
  your a special woman CCB
   your friend in Ohio  Jerry

I just got home, and have decided to scale the obstacle course of my bedroom one more day.

Good Morning Monkeys!   Jerry, I hope things start to get better for you.  Keep your chin up!

Hi Jerry, wish you would post something in the lounge as I'm sure there's other Monkeys who have been following your story and like me weren't sure how to ask Wink  Could you please start a thread or maybe put something in the prayer thread as a lot check in there?
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #245 on: September 20, 2007, 02:23:42 PM »

Update on the continuing saga of my bedroom catastophe:

Haven't touched a thing. I have, however, decided to ask for "National Disaster" status and apply for Fedral Funds.

WHAT'S the deal with the Iranian Leader's Balz? Tell you what, Monkeys...........I'll meet you in New York to form our own human "wreath" around that site to keep that SOB from celebrating the "victory" there.

HI GUYS!  Very Happy

Hi CBB Again too funny on that bedroom!  Guess I'll have to turn on the TV for info on the Iranian nut, but wait I'm not here I'm out weedwacking!!  Lalas' needs to put herself in her book, she distracted me in Natalee's thread Wink
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: September 20, 2007, 02:44:50 PM »

Police: Florida Car Stolen With Boy, 11, Inside
Thursday , September 20, 2007

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297496,00.html
POMPANO BEACH, Fla.  —

Authorities are searching for an 11-year-old boy last seen sitting in the back seat of a car that was stolen in Pompano Beach.

According to the Broward County Sheriff's Office, the boy was with his stepmother in the car when two men approached the vehicle on the street. The woman had just left a bank when one suspect, who was armed, forced her out of the car. The child stayed inside the car.

BSO is also looking for a dark gray 2007 Nissan Maxima with tinted windows, a sunroof, rear spoiler and a temporary tag
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #247 on: September 20, 2007, 02:59:59 PM »

Lala's? Just wanted to be sure that you know you've been "dressed and remembered" for Halloween. It's early, but on the thread when/if you want it.  Wink

You know I am afraid of spiders...right? Shocked
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: September 20, 2007, 03:12:11 PM »

They aren't real, lolol  Laughing Wink
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: September 20, 2007, 03:58:02 PM »

Prosecutor Accused of Sex Attempt With 5-Year-Old Tries to Kill Himself

Prosecutor Accused of Sex Attempt With 5-Year-Old Tries to Kill Himself

DETROIT —

A federal prosecutor from Florida who authorities say flew to Michigan for an expected sexual encounter with a 5-year-old girl tried to hang himself in his jail cell Thursday but was stopped from harming himself, a sheriff said.

It happened only 36 hours after a U.S. magistrate lifted a suicide watch for John D.R. Atchison, which was put in effect out of concern he might harm himself. Atchison assured U.S. Magistrate Virginia M. Morgan at a hearing Tuesday afternoon that he would not do so.

Atchison, 53, used a sheet in an attempted hanging about 4 a.m., Sanilac County Sheriff Virgil Strickler said.

Another inmate yelled out to jailers, who kept Atchison from hurting himself, Strickler said.

The 119-bed Sanilac County Jail is in Sandusky, about 75 miles north of Detroit, and U.S. marshals sometimes use it to house federal prisoners. Marshals moved him after the suicide attempt, the sheriff said.

"We called the marshals office and told them what had happened, and they said, `OK, we'll come and get him,"' Strickler said. Atchison's destination was not known.

Atchison, of Gulf Breeze, Fla., is an assistant U.S. attorney in northern Florida, based in Pensacola. He also is president of a youth sports association in his hometown.

He was arrested Sunday at Detroit Metropolitan Airport after arriving for a meeting with what he thought was the mother of a 5-year-old girl with whom he arranged to have sex, authorities said. In fact, the woman was a Macomb County sheriff's detective and part of an Internet sex sting operation.

Messages seeking comment were left by The Associated Press on Thursday for defense lawyer James C. Thomas, who argued Tuesday for lifting the suicide watch order for his client.

Thomas told The Detroit News that he felt "as bad about it as anyone."

"We all operate on the best of intentions," Thomas said. "At the time, I thought it was the right decision. Apparently, it was a mistake."

Atchison is charged with three felonies, the most serious of which is crossing state lines with intent to have sex with someone under 12. Conviction carries a minimum 30-year prison sentence and a maximum of life.

Atchison, a married father of three, is president of the Gulf Breeze Sports Association. The group runs youth baseball, softball, cheer leading, soccer, football and basketball programs. It said that it placed him on leave until the charges are resolved.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297471,00.html
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: September 20, 2007, 04:01:44 PM »

(snipped)
Atchison, a married father of three, is president of the Gulf Breeze Sports Association. The group runs youth baseball, softball, cheer leading, soccer, football and basketball programs. It said that it placed him on leave until the charges are resolved.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: September 20, 2007, 04:33:20 PM »

Great news!

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Sep20/0,4670,FBNBillsEverettHurt,00.html

Doctor Sees Everett Walking Within Weeks
Thursday, September 20, 2007

By JOHN WAWROW, AP Sports Writer
 BUFFALO, N.Y. —

Kevin Everett's doctor plans to have him stand on his own soon, and believes the Bills tight end will be walking within weeks _ or sooner.

"Soon, in Buffalo or in Houston, they're going to stand him up," Dr. Barth Green told The Associated Press, shortly after discussing Everett's condition with Bills orthopedic surgeon Dr. Andrew Cappuccino. "They're very confident he'll be walking very soon ... in the next days or weeks, not months."

The prognosis is remarkable after Everett arrived at Millard Fillmore Gates Hospital paralyzed from the neck down after being hurt while making a tackle in Buffalo's season opener against Denver on Sept. 9. Doctors initially expressed fears Everett would never walk again.

Green is chairman of the neurological surgery department at the University of Miami school of medicine and has received regular updates from Everett's doctors on the player's progress.

"Now that doesn't mean he'll be walking normally, but standing up and holding his own weight," Green said. "I think the future for him is very bright."

Despite numerous requests, the Bills have provided few regular updates of Everett's status since he was hurt and were not immediately available for comment Thursday.

Everett is expected to be transferred to a hospital in Houston by this weekend to begin the next step of his rehabilitation. Everett makes his offseason home in Houston, where many of his family members and friends live.

Green suggested Houston would be the best place to move Everett because it's important for the player to have his family and friends nearby.

Everett was strong enough to sit up on his own in his hospital bed this week.

NFL Players' Association executive director Gene Upshaw and NFLPA president Troy Vincent, a former teammate of Everett's in Buffalo, were scheduled to visit the player Thursday.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: September 20, 2007, 05:34:14 PM »

That IS great news!  

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #253 on: September 20, 2007, 06:04:07 PM »

Police: Florida Car Stolen With Boy, 11, Inside

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297496,00.html
POMPANO BEACH, Fla.  —

Authorities are searching for an 11-year-old boy last seen sitting in the back seat of a car that was stolen in Pompano Beach.

According to the Broward County Sheriff's Office, the boy was with his stepmother in the car when two men approached the vehicle on the street. The woman had just left a bank when one suspect, who was armed, forced her out of the car. The child stayed inside the car.

BSO is also looking for a dark gray 2007 Nissan Maxima with tinted windows, a sunroof, rear spoiler and a temporary tag

I hadn't heard that story yet (been away from local news most of the day) -- but read this one Shocked The Rickenbacker causeway goes from Miami -- where Coconut Grove and Brickell Ave meet -- over to Key Biscayne
(I find these things all the time, but don't want to inundate the threads with my local news Confused)

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/miami_dade/story/242606.html

MIAMI
Four accused of kidnap try

After four men were charged with attempting to kidnap a jogger, authorities are looking for more victims.

Posted on Wed, Sep. 19, 2007l
BY LAURA FIGUEROA
lfigueroa@MiamiHerald.com

A woman jogging on the Rickenbacker Causeway escaped from four men armed with a gun, duct tape and rope who tried to force her into their SUV early Monday, police said.

Although the four men were arrested, one of them had fresh wounds on his face, leading police to believe there may be other victims.

Jose Manuel Nuñez, 21, Nelsin Escobar, 20, Allan Soriano-Lopez, 19, and Alberto Aquino Alvarez, 21, are charged with attempted armed kidnapping.

Escobar appeared before police with ''long scratches on his face and neck that appear to be made by someone in self-defense,'' said Miami police spokesman Delrish Moss.

The wounds were not made by the jogger.

''The scratches raise serious questions in the minds of detectives, who believe these men were involved in trying to kidnap this woman and, based on the scratches, may have been involved in other attacks,'' Moss said.

The men refused to talk to detectives, he added.

The incident unfolded around 5 a.m. while the woman was jogging alone on the Rickenbacker Causeway. The men followed her in their 1999 Ford Explorer, telling her in Spanish to get in the SUV, according to police reports.

Though she ignored them, the men continued to follow her, until Nuñez and Escobar got out of the vehicle and ordered her to get in or else they would shoot her with a gun Escobar was pointing at her, police said.

When a Miami police officer drove up to investigate the scene, the men jumped in the Explorer and fled. Key Biscayne officers spotted the vehicle by the Miami Marine Stadium about 40 minutes later and arrested the occupants.

Duct tape, rope and fake IDs were found in the SUV, Moss said.

Miami Herald staff writer David Ovalle contributed to this report.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: September 20, 2007, 06:05:45 PM »

Shocked Shocked

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: September 20, 2007, 06:15:07 PM »

The snake didn't bite her, but man oh man...
 Three men are accused of throwing a python through a drive-thru window at a fast food restaurant in Round Rock.

KVUE News

A snake was thrown through a Round Rock Taco Bell window.

Police say it happened at a Taco Bell off Interstate 35 around 9 p.m. Sunday.

Police say the men -- who were in a pickup -- threw the snake at a worker who they knew was afraid of snakes.

The snake hit the employee's chest but did not bite the victim.

Police say the case appears to be a prank.

When police arrived, officers gave the snake to a woman who works at another fast food restaurant who apparently likes snakes.

The three men have not yet been caught.

They could face a misdemeanor charge of assault.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: September 20, 2007, 08:12:13 PM »

REMINDER - DANA PRETZER TONIGHT

Also, Fred Rosen discusses OJ’s latest ordeal. Listen live tonight at 9PM Eastern
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 08:16:50 PM by klaasend » Logged
crazybabyborg
« Reply #257 on: September 20, 2007, 08:38:07 PM »

Sorry Lala's. Is this better?

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #258 on: September 20, 2007, 08:45:05 PM »

Good Day Monkeys

I See Anna had rain while away Rolling Eyes
Lala's is doing someting with desktop short cuts
CBB should have just pitched the stuff on the bed over board..  Laughing Oh  if she does manage to get some Federal Disaster Money I hope she shares how to do it.  Wink
We live in a sometimes very, very sick world
What else in going on in  5 lines or less...    sorry have not taken notes  Shocked Embarassed
OldF

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #259 on: September 20, 2007, 08:53:49 PM »

CBB
did you find the Barry MP3 downloads in the music thread  or does the closet stuff (that has found a new home)  NOT have you in a swaying mood?    Idea Maybet sway music would work better at getting back in vs Rock & roll  Rolling Eyes

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.