May 28, 2024, 12:06:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #6 9/17 - 9/30/2007  (Read 207791 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2007, 12:18:25 AM »

Thanks, Klaas. My computer couldn't find it's IP this weekend and the tech told me that my computer find it's address.  I thought, huh?  Never knew it could read.  Rolling Eyes

Sounds more like a bad cable connection or bad router to me.  Hopefully Dugga will see your message and make sense out of it.

Sometimes the tech people, especially the help desk when you call, don't know a heck of alot about computers, LOL  Laughing
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2007, 12:20:58 AM »

Okay, I am headed to bed but I am watching  Joel Osteen right now and he's making me roll with laughter. He's talking about learning to listen to others. He said there are two things he's learned about his wife after 20 years.  He said, "If my wife is upset about something or stressed out, I have learned never to suggest she go outside and play with the kids or got get some exercise as a way of easing her tensions.  I find it's better to just give her a credit card and tell he she needs to buy her something special."  What a brilliant man!  Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2007, 12:23:04 AM »

Lala's - EXAMPLE:

If I unplug my wireless router, my computer will say:

"searching for an internet connection" or "unable to find internet connection" or something like that.

If it happens again:

Make sure everything is plugged in.  If you use a cable modem, unplug it from the back...wait a few minutes then plug it back in.

Obviousely it's found it now because you are on the internet  Laughing

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2007, 12:23:45 AM »

Okay, I am headed to bed but I am watching  Joel Osteen right now and he's making me roll with laughter. He's talking about learning to listen to others. He said there are two things he's learned about his wife after 20 years.  He said, "If my wife is upset about something or stressed out, I have learned never to suggest she go outside and play with the kids or got get some exercise as a way of easing her tensions.  I find it's better to just give her a credit card and tell he she needs to buy her something special."  What a brilliant man!  Laughing

LOL  Laughing

Nite Lala's
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2007, 12:24:55 AM »

Lala's - EXAMPLE:

If I unplug my wireless router, my computer will say:

"searching for an internet connection" or "unable to find internet connection" or something like that.

If it happens again:

Make sure everything is plugged in.  If you use a cable modem, unplug it from the back...wait a few minutes then plug it back in.

Obviousely it's found it now because you are on the internet  Laughing

Yes, it found itself.  Thank goodness.  Night Klaas.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2007, 12:29:49 AM »

Peeking In  to say hey

Hey there Hall Monitor....   I'v been semi good  I think
G'nite Lala's

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2007, 07:50:31 AM »

Speaking of the music thread.  I need to start an Elvis thread over there.  I am not sure how to post those links, but I will try to get started tomorrow. 

FYI, tomorrow is Yapperz, birthday.  Thread in lounge.  Shhhhhh!  You didn't hear it from me.

Hi Lala's.

Let me know if you need help tomorrow with the links.  It's really easy, just copy and paste.  Wink

Good Morning Monkeys!  Shout out to Lala's and Klaas, there is already an Elvis thread under Music Wink
crazybabyborg
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2007, 08:02:49 AM »

Morning Monkeys! Get your juices flowing and face the day with AT-TI-TIUDE! If this week's shaping up as you against the world............YOU'RE WINNING!  Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yU9JbXGvBQ

(Always makes me think of football!)  Wink
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2007, 08:05:51 AM »

I have a Dugga question...if he's still here.  Well, if he's not maybe he will see this...apologies if it's in the wrong thread. 

Why would computers forget their IP addy?  Do they have to get new ones each time you log on to the internet or do they keep a certain one each time?  Does the internet provider change them? 

Another Dugga question - Can you please tell me what the heck the TCP accelerator is on my system?  Have a dish and this has been going down for about a week between 4AM and 10AM, like every other day, then no problems the rest of the day.  Is this at their end or mine?  Just got a postcard yesterday to upgrade modem even though mine is not that old.  Beginning to think this is designed to encourage me to sign a new 2 year contract Mad  TIA
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2007, 08:15:21 AM »

Good Morning CBB!  Wanted to thank you for my Halloween avi, not quite ready for it yet.  Hoping I may get to use a Chief Yahoo for a couple of weeks!  Will have to wait a few more days to find out!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2007, 08:16:21 AM »

I've been playing around, lol  Laughing Laughing

I LOVE this Klaas!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2007, 08:18:52 AM »

Hiya, Mum! It's early, so get dressed whenever you want, hon! There are a LOT of avatars in the thread, and I'm just sort of tapping folks on the shoulder so they'll know it's there whenever they want it.  Wink
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2007, 08:23:45 AM »

MuffyBee, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's son. I cannot imagine their pain. Sad

Dihannah, will be down your way on Saturday.  Genesis concert at Nationwide Arena not Buckeyes football! Wink
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2007, 08:23:58 AM »

Good morning CBB and Mum

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2007, 08:36:35 AM »

MuffyBee, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's son. I cannot imagine their pain. Sad

Dihannah, will be down your way on Saturday.  Genesis concert at Nationwide Arena not Buckeyes football! Wink
Thank you Mum, for your kindness. 

It's only 71 here and overcast.  We might get some drizzles...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2007, 08:45:13 AM »

Morning, Muffy!
I, too, am so sorry about your friend's son. I'll keep them in my prayers.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2007, 09:18:02 AM »

He is great.  I heard him one Sunday morning talking about being positive, living expectantly, thanking God for the miracle that is coming.  He has some great stories.  I always enjoy him.  And of course, either of the Schullers.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2007, 09:18:43 AM »

I was listening to the CBS Morning Show and I thought I heard the announcer say the man that OJ robbed suffered a heart attack.  I'm not sure if this is true but if it is it was probably brought on by all the stress he was put through by OJ.

I hope OJ rots in jail.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2007, 09:34:48 AM »

Good Morning Muffy, I'm glad you had a nice weekend and I'm still wondering what you did with your hair Wink
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2007, 09:50:54 AM »

Morning Monkeys
Lalas, last week there was a fire & the power company killed the power here. We had to re-set up our modem, router etc. I know what you mean about the puter forgetting the ip.
Have a great day all. I am going to pig out on pizza today. So may not be able to sit in a chair afterwards. Will have to roll me out on hand trucks.  Laughing
Oh & the pizza place has a chocolate eclair pizza.  Very Happy

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.