May 30, 2024, 12:05:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #6 9/17 - 9/30/2007  (Read 207840 times)
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #600 on: September 27, 2007, 12:13:04 AM »

Night Klaas and Muffy and Muffy.. TY for the hug.. I sure did need one.  Back at yah.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #601 on: September 27, 2007, 12:13:17 AM »

Nite Muffy
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #602 on: September 27, 2007, 09:58:04 AM »

Good Morning, Monkeys

This is the first headline I saw this morning, not a nice way to start the day:

According to the Smiths, police did not respond adequately to pleas for help from two teens who survived the crash. Tapes of 911 calls support claims the teens -- both of whom police say had been drinking -- repeatedly asked for help finding their two other friends.

Though police contend they searched for the teenagers, the bodies weren't found until hours after the crash and then not by police, but by Arthur Smith. Brandon Smith's body was within dozens of feet from where the car came to rest, his father said. Green's body was found relatively nearby.

"This is their blood. This is the blood of Dominique, and this is the blood of Brandon," Arthur Smith said, pointing to where he found the bodies. "They had been down there that long and didn't nobody look for those boys."

On Thursday, Arthur Smith told CNN that his son and Green might still be alive if police had done their job. "We don't know that because they didn't do their job," he said.  Hear the 911 recordings »

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/26/indiana.crash/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Police left the scene and the parents went back and found their son and his friend left in the vicinity of the accident, dead.  I'd be upset, too.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #603 on: September 27, 2007, 10:14:07 AM »

This is an update on appearance on Early Show by investigator pleading for information about the little girl shown on the sex tape found in Nevada.

This is one of the most heartbreaking things I have encountered yet.  Please let her be safe now and away from whomever did this to her.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298241,00.html

Nevada Authorities Say Unidentified Girl in Sex Tape Could Be in Danger
Thursday, September 27, 2007

Excerpt:  He said the photos of the younger girl were being released because her life could be in danger.

"She could still be in this situation and [be] abused currently as we speak," Boruchowitz told "The Early Show."

"The easiest way to explain it is if you can imagine the absolute worst things that can happen to a little girl at the hands of an adult male, that has happened and beyond," he said of the video. "It is by far the most heinous and horrible thing that you can possibly imagine on there."

------

Now apparently there is also a tape of an older girl on the same video and she has been located.  I am praying that she can tell them something that will lead to the location of this younger child but the incidents could be totally unrelated.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #604 on: September 27, 2007, 10:19:40 AM »

This is an update on appearance on Early Show by investigator pleading for information about the little girl shown on the sex tape found in Nevada.

This is one of the most heartbreaking things I have encountered yet.  Please let her be safe now and away from whomever did this to her.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298241,00.html

Nevada Authorities Say Unidentified Girl in Sex Tape Could Be in Danger
Thursday, September 27, 2007

Excerpt:  He said the photos of the younger girl were being released because her life could be in danger.

"She could still be in this situation and [be] abused currently as we speak," Boruchowitz told "The Early Show."

"The easiest way to explain it is if you can imagine the absolute worst things that can happen to a little girl at the hands of an adult male, that has happened and beyond," he said of the video. "It is by far the most heinous and horrible thing that you can possibly imagine on there."

------

Now apparently there is also a tape of an older girl on the same video and she has been located.  I am praying that she can tell them something that will lead to the location of this younger child but the incidents could be totally unrelated.

I'm sure police know what they are looking at but this little girl looks to me like she could be a dwarf.  Anyone else notice that?  Which of course means she may not be that young.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #605 on: September 27, 2007, 10:38:02 AM »

Klaas,
I have been looking at her hands as something seems wrong with them.  Also appears she is wearing a wig.

But I think you may be on to something.  However, surely from the video the cops could tell if this was a child or adult?  I don't know but wish you would present that question to them as I think it is very valid.

She doesn't look quite right for some reason, the eyes seem much older but could that be because of the abuse or is she in fact an adult dwarf. 

Dare you ask the authorities about that possibility?  I wonder if it is something they have even considered. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #606 on: September 27, 2007, 10:40:36 AM »

Klaas,
I have been looking at her hands as something seems wrong with them.  Also appears she is wearing a wig.

But I think you may be on to something.  However, surely from the video the cops could tell if this was a child or adult?  I don't know but wish you would present that question to them as I think it is very valid.

She doesn't look quite right for some reason, the eyes seem much older but could that be because of the abuse or is she in fact an adult dwarf. 

Dare you ask the authorities about that possibility?  I wonder if it is something they have even considered. 

I'd like to believe that the experts that have looked at the tape would see that.  All I know is that when I first saw this on TV, the first thing I thought was that's not a young girl, that's a dwarf.  Maybe I'm wrong?

See below a family of dwarfs:

« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 10:51:19 AM by klaasend » Logged
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #607 on: September 27, 2007, 10:47:01 AM »

I hope you are right and that this could even be staged to appear to be a child.  Yes, surely they have experts who have checked for this possibility but perhaps not.  Sometimes the most obvious is missed.  This is such a horrific story that the very idea may cloud their judgment.

I don't know but I do agree now that you have brought up this possibility that she does not appear very child like.  Look at her left hand, not the chubby fingers one usually associates with a child to me.

I hope they have considered this possibility.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #608 on: September 27, 2007, 10:53:02 AM »

When I saw this picture I thought the choice of clothing was odd. Little girls do not usually choose leopard spots. I concluded that the clothing was the result of sexual abuse -- someone trying to make her adult way ahead of time. Of course, if she really is a young adult, the leopard skin and spaghetti straps make more sense.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #609 on: September 27, 2007, 10:55:08 AM »

In spite of all the sorrow in the world, it is still a beautiful day and we can be thankful that we are able to try to right some of the wrongs that we see every day.  Even if we can only offer our prayers and support, I am thankful that I am able to do even just that little bit. 

I try to remain positive in a negative world by focusing on what I have instead of what is wrong and that I don't have.  Hard as it is sometimes, I am grateful that there is work for me to do and so must get with it.

Each day offers us the opportunity of a better world than the day before.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #610 on: September 27, 2007, 10:55:37 AM »

The neck looks funny, too. Not right for a child.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: September 27, 2007, 10:57:27 AM »

Good morning  sunny  Happy Thirst-Day   (almost Friday)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #612 on: September 27, 2007, 10:59:49 AM »

One last post then off to work and lurk.

KLAAS,
I think you have a most valid observation and should call in that as a tip at least.  They may be totally misreading this situation and it also may explain why no one can identify this person as a child.

I think I would call them anonymously because they are not going to want to think they could have been duped but I do believe that may be the case the more I look at the photo.

Off to Work and Lurk.  And hope it is mostly work, lol.

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #613 on: September 27, 2007, 11:11:19 AM »

One last post then off to work and lurk.

KLAAS,
I think you have a most valid observation and should call in that as a tip at least.  They may be totally misreading this situation and it also may explain why no one can identify this person as a child.

I think I would call them anonymously because they are not going to want to think they could have been duped but I do believe that may be the case the more I look at the photo.

Off to Work and Lurk.  And hope it is mostly work, lol.

I would think by now someone else has called with the same observation.  Even if she is a dwarf, she could still be underage and from the sounds of it the video is pretty discusting. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #614 on: September 27, 2007, 11:25:57 AM »

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20070927/D8RTQF5G1.html

All Types of Alcohol Raise Cancer Risk

Sep 27, 8:50 AM (ET)

By MARIA CHENG

BARCELONA, Spain (AP) - All types of alcohol - wine, beer or liquor - add equally to the risk of developing breast cancer in women, American researchers said Thursday.

"This is a hugely underestimated risk factor," said Dr. Patrick Maisonneuve, head of epidemiology at the European Institute of Oncology in Italy, who was not connected to the study.

"Women drinking wine because they think it is healthier than beer are wrong," he said. "It's about the amount of alcohol consumed, not the type."

Previous studies have shown a link between alcohol consumption and breast cancer, but there have been conflicting messages about whether different kinds of alcohol were more dangerous than others.

The researchers, led by Dr. Arthur Klatsky of the Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program in Oakland, Calif., revealed their findings at a meeting of the European Cancer Organization in Barcelona.

Researchers analyzed the drinking habits of 70,033 women of various races and asked them questions during health exams between 1978 and 1985. By 2004, 2,829 of these women had been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Klatsky and his colleagues looked at which types of alcohol the women drank, as well as their total alcohol intake. They compared that to women who had less than one drink a day.

Researchers found no difference in the risk of developing breast cancer among women who drank wine, beer, or liquor. Compared with light drinkers - those who had less than one drink a day - women who had one or two drinks a day increased their risk of developing breast cancer by 10 percent. Women who had more than three drinks a day raised their risk by 30 percent.

"A 30 percent increased risk is not trivial," Klatsky said. "It provides more evidence for why heavy drinkers should quit or cut down."

Some experts said that people might be confused by suggestions that drinking red wine is healthy, since some studies have suggested that it protects against heart disease.

"None of these mechanisms have anything to do with breast cancer," Klatsky said. Though it is not entirely clear how alcohol contributes to breast cancer, some experts think it raises hormone levels in the blood to levels that could potentially cause cancer.

Still, doctors said that other factors, such as genetics, obesity, and age, were more important in raising the breast cancer risk than was alcohol consumption.

More public education may be needed. "Alcohol has had a lot of good publicity. People may not realize the risk they're taking when they have a few drinks," said Tim Key, of the Cancer Research UK Epidemiology Unit at Oxford. Key was not involved in the study.

According to data published in the British Journal of Cancer in 2002, 4 percent of all breast cancers - about 44,000 cases a year - in the United Kingdom are due to alcohol consumption.

Only a small proportion of women are thought to be heavy drinkers. But experts now say there is enough evidence to blame alcohol for breast cancer - and to start educating the public.

"Any alcohol consumption will raise your breast cancer risk," Key said. "Women don't have to abstain from alcohol entirely, but they need to be aware of the risks they're taking when they have a few too many drinks."

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #615 on: September 27, 2007, 12:01:44 PM »

Good morning  sunny  Happy Thirst-Day   (almost Friday)

Good Morning Monkeys!!

Anna... I read that story about the Indiana teens this morning also. Very disturbing for that poor father.

Don't know what to make of the Nevada picture. The tape was found a couple of days ago and has been thoroughly examined from what I've read. All we are looking at is one photo. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #616 on: September 27, 2007, 12:32:28 PM »

EEEEEEK  Shocked

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20070927/D8RTR3700.html

Woman Delivers 17-Pound Baby

Sep 27, 9:33 AM (ET)

MOSCOW (AP) - A small Russian city just got a really big addition: its resident has delivered her 12th baby at 17.05 pounds - the biggest on the nation's record.

Tatiana Khalina, 42, delivered the girl by Caesarean section at a maternity clinic in Aleisk, a town of 30,000 in the Altai region in southern Siberia, Svetlana Gildeyeva, a nurse at the clinic, said Thursday.

Gildeyeva said the birth on Sept. 17 went smoothly and both the mother and the child were fine. She said the baby, Nadezhda, was transferred from the small Aleisk clinic to a maternity hospital in the bigger city of Barnaul which had better conditions.

The girl was feeling well and developing normally, said Irina Kurdeka, a doctor at the Barnaul hospital.

(snipped)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #617 on: September 27, 2007, 01:07:45 PM »

Think I'm going to forward all my Colon Cleanse SPAM email to Charlierat at RU  Laughing
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #618 on: September 27, 2007, 01:14:14 PM »

Think I'm going to forward all my Colon Cleanse SPAM email to Charlierat at RU  Laughing
   Laughing   Oh Klaas  are you saying that one of those sweet wonderful folks are full of S---  ??   HeHeHe  Giggle 
    Hugs  Jerry fro Ohio    Rolling Eyes

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #619 on: September 27, 2007, 01:36:24 PM »

Laughing   Oh Klaas  are you saying that one of those sweet wonderful folks are full of S---  ??   HeHeHe  Giggle 
    Hugs  Jerry fro Ohio    Rolling Eyes

Laughing  Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.