June 02, 2024, 10:22:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #511 8/12 - 8/14/2006  (Read 173725 times)
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #580 on: August 14, 2006, 05:06:50 PM »

Quote from: "flyingmermaid"
Cubbee - I left you a message abiut Kitty in the lounge but I am glad I caught you..............

FM, I just replied to your post! Kitty is doing better, more lovable and missing some claws, but improving daily!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #581 on: August 14, 2006, 05:08:13 PM »

Quote from: "cubbeegirl"
Cubbee - I left you a message abiut Kitty in the lounge but I am glad I caught you..............

FM, I just replied to your post! Kitty is doing better, more lovable and missing some claws, but improving daily!

I am so glad - see it turned out OK.

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #582 on: August 14, 2006, 05:09:07 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Buckeye - if you are still here, could you email me at smklaasend@hotmail.com ?  I need to forward a message to you.  TIA

Done..I'm just getting here..
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #583 on: August 14, 2006, 05:10:31 PM »

Quote from: "cubbeegirl"

I am so glad - see it turned out OK.

Yes, it did and thank you so much for your encouragement!

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #584 on: August 14, 2006, 05:11:17 PM »

Catch up with y'all in a few..... have to go pick up some teenagers who are wanting to take a dip in the pool!

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #585 on: August 14, 2006, 05:11:58 PM »

well it is almost time for me to go home to see my brats!

TTYLBBFN!

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
SouthGeorgiaGirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #586 on: August 14, 2006, 05:40:15 PM »

Hi again - I've been lurking awhile now, but after looking at the tickle site of the "Fishy" girl, did anyone else note that she had a picture of Natalee up as one of her friends??  It had "Missing in Aruba" platered across it....just seemed really wierd to me.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #587 on: August 14, 2006, 05:42:05 PM »

Quote from: "SouthGeorgiaGirl"
Hi again - I've been lurking awhile now, but after looking at the tickle site of the "Fishy" girl, did anyone else note that she had a picture of Natalee up as one of her friends??  It had "Missing in Aruba" platered across it....just seemed really wierd to me.

Didn't notice that.  I bet fishy has a couple tales to tell.
SouthGeorgiaGirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #588 on: August 14, 2006, 05:44:51 PM »

Also wierd was the fact that she put "Natalee Ann" instead of just Natalee.  Where I come from you gotta be really good friends for someone to refer to you by both names, not even counting the fact that all the news outlets have referred to her only as Natalee.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #589 on: August 14, 2006, 05:46:54 PM »

Quote from: "Buckeye"

Didn't notice that.  I bet fishy has a couple tales to tell.

I bet she does.... that is if she can remember..... Wink

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #590 on: August 14, 2006, 06:04:46 PM »

Also wierd was the fact that she put "Natalee Ann" instead of just Natalee.  Where I come from you gotta be really good friends for someone to refer to you by both names, not even counting the fact that all the news outlets have referred to her only as Natalee.

Hmmm....wonder if she actually spoke with the family.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #591 on: August 14, 2006, 06:06:21 PM »

Quote from: "thirdstrike"
Quote from: "Tylergal"
And Third Strike, I did not say I wanted Greta kidnapped.  Please read.  Seriously I said two were captured.  Jokingly I said that about Greta.  If we have gotten so serious on this board that we cannot tell a joke from something serious, I guess we need to stop all personal talk and just stick to linking to statements.

I was the one who said it wasn't funny Tyler - I have a stepson in the Marines in Iraq and my heart skips a beat everyt time I see any capture.

Hope you understand - but those fox reporters have families just like Natalee.

And, I agreed with Mrs Mermaid on this point!  If we are to hold others to a particular standard, we ourselves must be held there as well...

BTW...how are you girl?  Haven't seen you in a while...

Then we had best all just stay right on topic and leave any personal remarks or comments off the forum.  Just the business of discussing this disappearance and nothing else at all.  Taste is subjective and what offends one is OK with another but will offend a third so only way to maintain any sort of semblance of a forum will be to totally eliminate any off topic remarks at all.

That way, no one will be offended.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #592 on: August 14, 2006, 06:08:40 PM »

Good to see you SGaGirl--

I did see Natalee's photo posted but did not notice she referred to her as Natalee Ann.  Yes, indeed, that is a very odd thing for a girlfriend of Joran's to do!   Shocked I wonder why she has done that.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

SouthGeorgiaGirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #593 on: August 14, 2006, 06:15:46 PM »

Hi Anna - I have been reading and every day I'm more stunned than yesterday.  I wonder if Fishy even met Natalee Ann; and if she has heard Joran's version of events, does she have any information that could be used?  Wonder why ALE hasn't brought her in for questioning?  Seems to me that the familiarity with Natalee Ann she intimates would be reason enough to talk with her.  Maybe she could/would shed some light on Joran's predisposition to preying on young women.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: August 14, 2006, 06:20:14 PM »

I read somewhere recently so might have been GetaGrip's website as I have been reading a lot there that early on the ALE claimed to have questioned or talked to thirty of Joran's friends and classmates.  Surely that would include the girlfriend?  

But from the statements released, their method of asking questions seems more geared to not getting any information than to actually finding out anything.   Rolling Eyes I wish someone from the media had interviewed her when they were all down there just lurking around.  Maybe she would have said something helpful.  Probably just more praise for Joran, however, as seems he can do no wrong in the eyes of some.

PERSONA NON GRATA

thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #595 on: August 14, 2006, 06:23:57 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Then we had best all just stay right on topic and leave any personal remarks or comments off the forum.  Just the business of discussing this disappearance and nothing else at all.  Taste is subjective and what offends one is OK with another but will offend a third so only way to maintain any sort of semblance of a forum will be to totally eliminate any off topic remarks at all.

Anna, I don't have a problem with off-topic discussions.  As a matter of fact, I encourage it, as it (as I've stated what seems like a zillion times before) helps humanize the cause.  And usually, my tolerance level is pretty high.  But again...if we preach, we must practice.  That's the only point I was trying to make...

You're right...taste is subjective.  But, as I've learned in here of late, all it has to do is offend one person for it to be inappropriate.  I'm sure you can understand that...
SouthGeorgiaGirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #596 on: August 14, 2006, 06:26:14 PM »

Those statements are laughable if they think anyone actually believes people talk like that.  They certainly are not word for word translations.  Those officers taking the statements probably just wrote down anything that came into their empty heads, taking care not to implicate J2K in anything more serious than going to the bathroom without raising a hand and asking the teacher first.
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #597 on: August 14, 2006, 06:28:20 PM »

Oh geez ~ for crying out loud...

I've really gotten sick and tired of the fights....

We Remember Natalee Bumper Stickers ~ Prayers for Natalee and her family
http://graphicemotion.com/TES_Bumper_Stickers.pdf
JA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #598 on: August 14, 2006, 06:30:22 PM »

I vaguely remember at one time someone saying that someone else had a pic of Natalee for the Tickle site and was using her picture.  It wasn't Natalee and therefore might be the possiblity that Fishy did not know Nat.  Anyone cane make up those accounts.  I could be wrong but I remember it being discussed once.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #599 on: August 14, 2006, 06:30:34 PM »

Quote from: "thirdstrike"
Quote from: "Anna"

Anna, I don't have a problem with off-topic discussions.  As a matter of fact, I encourage it, as it (as I've stated what seems like a zillion times before) helps humanize the cause.  And usually, my tolerance level is pretty high.  But again...if we preach, we must practice.  That's the only point I was trying to make...

You're right...taste is subjective.  But, as I've learned in here of late, all it has to do is offend one person for it to be inappropriate.  I'm sure you can understand that...

Well, I have never seen Tyler complain but yes, taste is subjective.  Off topic offends me as I think it is taking the focus off Natalee and the reason we are here.  So if we are going to post in such a manner as not to offend anybody, then I don't want anyone to take the subject off topic because that is not the reason we are here.  It offends me when people try to turn a discussion about her into one about themselves or their hobbies or other subjects.

That's the rub with not offending anybody.  Someone is sure to be offended by just about anything.  So you are correct, we have to hold everybody to the same standard and to me implying we all came here to discuss one person's interests is offensive.

I know I didn't.  I'm here only because of Natalee so guess we have to stay strictly on topic so as not to imply we are more important than she is or our concerns outweigh the purpose of the forum.  It's not anybody's personal chat room.  I find it offensive when someone treats it as though it is.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.