April 24, 2024, 05:57:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baseball Playoff/World Series Thread  (Read 27215 times)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2007, 10:42:11 AM »

Not a happy Yankee camp, here....fat lady sang...

Sharing sentiments with San, BOC, Robots and some others, I'm sure.

Who said it's not stressful watching Indians baseball! Flipped channels between pitches at every Yankees at bat from the 6th innings on. Held my breath all the bottom of the 9th. Wouldn't have wanted to be in Eric Wedge's shoes for anything in that final innings.Couldn't believe how laid back the Yankees were in the dugout that last at bat and I was scared!

Still believe Joe Torres is one of the best managers in baseball. Who else could have brought them back from 14 and a half games back early in the season?

Mum, funny...DH had a high school coach that was superstitious and although I never was, I found myself doing the same thing...flipping the channels...hoping when I went back things would be turned around.  (I could do this because DH & younger son were watching on another set)   I agree about Joe Torre...I didn't listen to the after game but son said Joe sounded like he was on his way out.  Sadly, the coach is always held responsible when the players do not produce, but then, a shake up is historically a George maneuver. 

Anyway, beat the Red Sox, ya hear!!

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2007, 04:11:03 PM »

Hope the Yankees keep Joe, They looked pretty good to me, just a little short in the end. Seems that the team that peaks in Oct, is the one that takes it all... Hmm obviously ops.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2007, 05:33:40 PM »

George is a fool. Joe Torre is a great manager, and who does George think he could get who would be any better? Who in their right mind would work for him now?
No team can win the World Series every single year, and that's the only thing that would make George happy. The Yankees did very well this year, and it's something to build on. He should be congratulating Joe for making the Yanks competitive, and for getting them a chance in post-season play.

George Steinbrenner is one of the worst things to happen to baseball in recent history. He is disruptive, and has no idea what true sportsmanship is all about.I wish he would sell the Yankees and get lost.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2007, 06:21:26 AM »

George is a fool. Joe Torre is a great manager, and who does George think he could get who would be any better? Who in their right mind would work for him now?
No team can win the World Series every single year, and that's the only thing that would make George happy. The Yankees did very well this year, and it's something to build on. He should be congratulating Joe for making the Yanks competitive, and for getting them a chance in post-season play.

George Steinbrenner is one of the worst things to happen to baseball in recent history. He is disruptive, and has no idea what true sportsmanship is all about.I wish he would sell the Yankees and get lost.

Well said....my sentiments exactly!
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2007, 11:42:02 AM »

ARE WE READY FOR SOME BASEBALL!!!!!

Good Luck KIWI!

Looks like ...D-Backs...Kiwi and pdh3

Red Sox...*******..all alone Sad

Tribe...Mum,some great Yankee fans,a wonderful Cards fan and anyone
          who wants to climb aboard  Very Happy

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2007, 10:42:11 PM »

you're not alone.. Red and I are SOX fans!!! 

GO SOX.....   
My only complaint about the whole thing is this... since I was until 8 years ago, a fan of the Braves... so all the native New Englanders Sox fans would tell me I hadn't suffered enough to be a fan.... but no biggie.. I am still a fan.. Not only that, but the first year I went to a couple of games, was when the curse was broken.... Coincidence?  Maybe.... maybe Not...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2007, 01:23:05 AM »

you're not alone.. Red and I are SOX fans!!! 

GO SOX.....   
My only complaint about the whole thing is this... since I was until 8 years ago, a fan of the Braves... so all the native New Englanders Sox fans would tell me I hadn't suffered enough to be a fan.... but no biggie.. I am still a fan.. Not only that, but the first year I went to a couple of games, was when the curse was broken.... Coincidence?  Maybe.... maybe Not...

Well Well Well..Glad I am not alone rooting for the Sox  Razz..I grew up a Cubs fan and still a Vikings fan and believe me it has been hell..Mrs.Red would you please go to a Cubs game with me and break the curse..Its been something like 96 years 

I like all you Mid West Ohio Monkeys but Yall are gonna get stomped  Razz Is Kenny Lofton still playing??  Next thing you will tell me is that Vinny Testeverde is still in the NFL  Shocked  Wink

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2007, 05:31:19 AM »

******* Laughing Laughing Laughing

See you've got the big guns on your side...CJ1 and the REDS

Well the Tribe has Jerry from Ohio!

GO TRIBE!!!!!

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2007, 11:54:56 AM »

Hmmm Hmmm.  Maybe tonight.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2007, 08:11:56 PM »

Hmmm Hmmm.  Maybe tonight.
I wrote something longer about the D-backs, on the first try. My paw just thought that was too much barking for you all, so I deleted it.

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2007, 10:48:46 PM »

Well its official game one goes to the Sox  Cool Good luck tommorow Ohio Monkeys  Razz

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2007, 10:30:01 AM »

Well its official game one goes to the Sox  Cool Good luck tommorow Ohio Monkeys  Razz

Might need all the luck we can get if our young guy implodes like CC did last night! Been a little concerned with CC in his last few outings Sad Great to see Manny again, he's a gem to watch! Noticed a few Indians connections with the Sox.

KIWI, saw the highlights this morning Sad and if you're readying the doggie dugout make sure there's a comfy spot for me, just in case of course! If you've got the pizza and wings, I'll bring the Aussie beer...Fosters if you like though prefer the old Swan lager myself LOL

Probably won't be posting for the next 10 days ...so need another Ohio Monkey to step up to the plate.

GO TRIBE
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2007, 11:11:29 AM »

The D-backs are now down 2 games..... Sad
I'm hoping they can pull it out, 'cause they're fun to watch. I'm not a fan of the Rockies, the Indians, or the Sox, really. They just haven't caught my interest.

Dang those Braves pitchers for letting me down..... Laughing

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2007, 11:38:36 AM »

I'm hoping they can pull it out, 'cause they're fun to watch. I'm not a fan of the Rockies, the Indians, or the Sox, really. They just haven't caught my interest.

LOL..pdh3..bet those Rockies and Sox fans would say they were fun to watch last night, too. Gotta say though,whatever happens to the Tribe from here on in, they have definately have been fun to watch this season. And a lot of them are signed through 2010!
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2007, 08:29:18 PM »

Well down 2 games. Got more hits than the Rockies each game but zero wins. But their still fighting. Didn't get to see them the last two games. So when we play game 6, I'll be right there on the computer buying tickets. Yikes, thats at least two wins for that to happen!!!

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2007, 01:19:10 AM »

Hmm Hmmm Hmmmm. Just need a four game wining streak now. Thats how the Rockies got here. Actually they needed ten in a row, and got it.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2007, 12:48:31 PM »

It's not looking good for the D-backs.... Sad

It almost seems like the Rockies are meant to win it all.......

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2007, 01:16:02 PM »

It's not looking good for the D-backs.... Sad

It almost seems like the Rockies are meant to win it all.......
Yes I have to admit it the Rockies are playing great baseball. If the streak continues, they will represent the NL extremely well.

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2007, 11:48:04 PM »

Hey where are those Sox and Tribe fans, your still in it!!! Get posting here.

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2007, 05:43:22 PM »

Im just in shock about the Rockies  Shocked I think the Red Sox-Indians is gonna go down to the very end..Game 7 baby!!!!! Go Sox!!!!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.