April 25, 2024, 07:19:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baseball Playoff/World Series Thread  (Read 27224 times)
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2007, 02:15:51 AM »

I'm a Rockies fan for the World Series. I have to admire how they've been playing ball lately. They are just doing it all on both sides.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2007, 11:43:31 PM »

True Yankee sentiment right now...BooSox Laughing

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
CJ1
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2007, 01:01:11 AM »

Hope you enjoyed the game.  We were at the Worcester Sharks game when they announced the grand slam.  I hope the Sox continue to play like that.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2007, 04:10:16 PM »

I'm staying neutral here. Will have to see if the layoff for the Rockies was too long or the pressure of a 7 game series with the Indian's will effect the Sox. Nice to just sit in Kiwi dog house, watch and serve the guests. So when is the first game?

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2007, 05:37:36 PM »

I'm staying neutral here. Will have to see if the layoff for the Rockies was too long or the pressure of a 7 game series with the Indian's will effect the Sox. Nice to just sit in Kiwi dog house, watch and serve the guests. So when is the first game?

Wednesday, I think.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2007, 09:39:16 AM »

Got to see nearly all the games...recruited two Aussie Grady's Ladies and had a blast watching our Tribe.

As a local sportscaster said..inexperience helped the Indians against the Yankees and really hurt against the Sox.

Usually go for the AL team, but am going to Kiwi's doggie dugout rooting for the Rockies, whose payroll is even less than the Indians! When it's David and Goliath you've got to go for David!

Sorry Kiwi, my company drank all the Aussie beer, so should I bring Bud Lite or maybe Sharon wants me to bring more wine.(I'm OK with either). Probably won't last the whole game tonight, but will at least pop in.
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2007, 02:46:56 PM »

Hope you enjoyed the game.  We were at the Worcester Sharks game when they announced the grand slam.  I hope the Sox continue to play like that.

Thanks..I enjoyed all the games  Cool Looks like a big year for the Pats and Sox Smile

To all the Ohio Monkeys..You guys had a great a year and considering your payroll is pretty small compared to the Yanks and Sox you should be back in contention next year as well.

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2007, 10:30:20 PM »

YEAH SOX!!!!!

WOOO HOOO for josh beckett...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2007, 03:21:02 PM »

Got to see nearly all the games...recruited two Aussie Grady's Ladies and had a blast watching our Tribe.

As a local sportscaster said..inexperience helped the Indians against the Yankees and really hurt against the Sox.

Usually go for the AL team, but am going to Kiwi's doggie dugout rooting for the Rockies, whose payroll is even less than the Indians! When it's David and Goliath you've got to go for David!

Sorry Kiwi, my company drank all the Aussie beer, so should I bring Bud Lite or maybe Sharon wants me to bring more wine.(I'm OK with either). Probably won't last the whole game tonight, but will at least pop in.
Mum your guests are always welcome and thanks for replenishing the beer! Sorry your in the same boat as the D-backs. The Rockies didn't look too good last night. I'm neutral on this one. But I do think Colorado will do better than last night.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2007, 11:44:59 PM »

For some reason, the Sox leave me cold. And the Rockies base their team on Christian principles, so I'd really love to see them win it all.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2007, 05:55:49 PM »

GO SOX!!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2007, 09:08:14 PM »

I will be neutral too ... NOT!!!

Let's face it Monkeys and with all the respect in the world to Rockies fans ... they are not the SOX.

There is not one part of the game that they are better than the RED SOX in. Whether it be pitching, hitting, etc.

Right now the American League is where most of the talent is. I would have picked the Indians or the Rockies.

Will it be a sweep? NO.

However, if the Sox win one game in CO, that means that the Rockies would have to sweep in Boston. That ain't happening. At that fact, CO cant win in Boston.

GO RED SOX
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2007, 03:26:22 PM »

I disagree. There's plenty of talent in both leagues. I don't think the Sox have more talent than the Rockies. They may have more determination or desire to win, but not more talent. They may be managed better...who knows. So many things go into winning in baseball. The Rockies may have peaked too soon, and are a little emotionally spent. That's my theory - they were on such a streak that their tanks are empty. I've seen it happen to a lot of teams over the years.

I'm not really a big Rockies fan, but I just like them a lot more than the Sox. And the Sox wear uniforms that look like pajamas... Laughing

I'm still hoping to see Dontrelle Willis pitch in the WS one day!

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2007, 04:16:54 PM »

Now thats what we were missing from this World Series. It got too quiet for awhile here.... Still it would be helpful to have at least one Colorado monkey helping. Pdh your doing a fine job or it would be Sox this and Sox that. Not much for me to say Dbacks were gone in four. I liked the pajamas part...

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2007, 09:38:54 PM »

Now thats what we were missing from this World Series. It got too quiet for awhile here.... Still it would be helpful to have at least one Colorado monkey helping. Pdh your doing a fine job or it would be Sox this and Sox that. Not much for me to say Dbacks were gone in four. I liked the pajamas part...

The D-backs are just young. They felt the pressure, because they were awesome during the regular season. They'll be back. I really like that team Kiwi. Now, if only they had Dontrelle..... Laughing

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2007, 10:32:53 PM »

I am jonsing for baseball...

gotta love Papelbom and the "lord of the dance".... also my fav, Veratek... woohooo....

Very happy Sox fan...  Laughing

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2007, 06:58:53 AM »

I am jonsing for baseball...

gotta love Papelbom and the "lord of the dance".... also my fav, Veratek... woohooo....

Very happy Sox fan...  Laughing

Congratulations to the Red sox and all their fans!

Papelbom....commented during the tribe series that he has scary eyes...no wonder he gets so many strikeouts..would scare the heck out of me Laughing

Mrs Red...maybe we could start a 'Baseball with Mrs. Red' thread...I know that I have a lot to say and am already checking on our Free agent signings for next season! LOL  Lots going on already with Torre, A-Rod, the Yankees and other big free agency signings.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2007, 10:48:53 AM »

Congratulations to the Sox!
I just wish the World Series had been a little more interesting. It was too onesided, and not enough drama. I like the ones that go down to the wire in Game 7. Laughing

I pity anyone who tries to work with George Steinbrenner. He has a bigger ego than Donald Trump, if that's possible. He contributes to what's wrong with baseball.

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2007, 10:59:11 AM »

Congratulations to the Sox!
I just wish the World Series had been a little more interesting. It was too onesided, and not enough drama. I like the ones that go down to the wire in Game 7. Laughing

I pity anyone who tries to work with George Steinbrenner. He has a bigger ego than Donald Trump, if that's possible. He contributes to what's wrong with baseball.

Yes he does! Baseball is lopsided! Check out the payrolls on all teams, think it's at espn. The three highest in the AL this season were the Yankees, Cox and LAA, all of which made the playoffs. That's why I wanted a 'poor' team like the Tribe,D-backs or Rockies to win it all. BASEBALL NEEDS A SALARY CAP
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2007, 03:55:52 AM »

ITA!

A salary cap would solve a lot of problems. And if the price of tickets continues to skyrocket, the regular fan will soon be out of luck. An average night at the ball park for a family of four already costs about $100 as it is.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.