March 29, 2024, 01:02:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flooding in NY  (Read 9553 times)
JA
Scared Monkey

« on: June 29, 2006, 09:40:09 PM »

Just wanted everyone to know about the flooding we had in central New York.  Most of it came as flash floods with major damage to the area.  I live in Delaware County which is right between Albany and Binghamton.  Binghamton area got it worse than we did.

I just got my electric back and the computer is on the 2nd floor so my dh said it would be okay to use.  We need an elctrician to assess the damage done to everyhting else.  I can't wait to get water and phone.  WE went from dry to a housde surrounded with 3 feet  of water in 10-15 minues.  I truly understand what a flash flood is now.  Within another 20 minutes we had 2 feet in out living area.  The water in the house has receded, but it is full of mud and has an awful stench.  We had no time to put stuff up, so who know what is salvagable yet.

Roads are washed out, bridges gone, and an apartment collapsed.  I think this site has some pictures if you want to see some of the damage.

www.dailystar.com

So, please be thinking of any Monkeys in this area.  I haven't posted much lately, due to the lack of news, but was pretty active earlier on and in the chat room when it was up.
JA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 09:52:32 PM »

Okay that wasn't the site I mentioned above. Here it is:

http://www.thedailystar.com/news/stories/2006/06/28/flood11.html

If you go to the right side of the page there are many more articles.
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 10:27:45 PM »

JA,
I am so sorry to hear about your mess. Glad you and hubby are ok and hope you get your water and phone turned back on soon. Stay safe.
I will keep you in my prayers.

Sam

Just a swinging with the tribe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 11:41:05 PM »

JA - so sorry to hear about your flood damage.  Hope you get power back soon and are able to clean up quickly!!  Just glad you are both OK.
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 11:43:49 PM »

I am so sorry to hear that this flooding has affected your home like this.  I have family in the Binghamton area, and in Ithaca.  Also in Trenton, NY, and in Wilkes-Barre, PA.  Geesh.  What a mess.  I remember flying over the floods around the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers in 1993 or 94.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 08:54:37 AM »

JA...I am so sorry to hear about the flooding in your area and the damage to your home....flash floods are so destructive...please keep us informed....Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 09:01:32 AM »

Quote from: "Sam"
JA,
I am so sorry to hear about your mess. Glad you and hubby are ok and hope you get your water and phone turned back on soon. Stay safe.
I will keep you in my prayers.

Sam

Me too.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.