April 28, 2024, 12:03:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #7 9/30 - 10/24/2007  (Read 180968 times)
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #140 on: October 01, 2007, 11:18:55 PM »

where is everyone? Do I still smell like wolves? lol
Hey...questions...why do people put others on the ignore list? If you are ON the ignore list why continue to post? This is a real legit question...I don't understand the ignore list stuff.
Also...what does it mean when a person writes "bump" on a blog post?

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #141 on: October 01, 2007, 11:26:53 PM »

Hey...questions...why do people put others on the ignore list? If you are ON the ignore list why continue to post? This is a real legit question...I don't understand the ignore list stuff.

Not sure why people use the ignore function now, but there was a time when many of us used it because we just did not wish to constantly read posts from those who constantly were negative and always repeating themselves.  I used it mostly when people were constantly off topic.  I have not used it in over two years.

Bump is nothing more than finding an old post and bringing it forward to keep the topic alive.  When you sign in you see many topics have "new" messages.  Sometimes a thread has so many "Stickies" leading the thread that a message that someone wished to be seen or question answered slips to the 2nd page.  Hope this helps.  Smile

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #142 on: October 01, 2007, 11:29:39 PM »

Not sure why people use the ignore function now, but there was a time when many of us used it because we just did not wish to constantly read posts from those who constantly were negative and always repeating themselves.  I used it mostly when people were constantly off topic.  I have not used it in over two years.

Bump is nothing more than finding an old post and bringing it forward to keep the topic alive.  When you sign in you see many topics have "new" messages.  Sometimes a thread has so many "Stickies" leading the thread that a message that someone wished to be seen or question answered slips to the 2nd page.  Hope this helps.  Smile

thanks, that helped...the ignore stuff was on the ugly blog. I see people whose posts don't show because they are on the ignore...but they keep posting?
Then I have seen on other blogs people just write "bump" and nothing more?!

sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #143 on: October 01, 2007, 11:55:15 PM »

Nobody in here either! Usually when they clear out of the LCD they are here but not tonight.

But still good to see everyone on the site tonight. Getting a little bit interesting now with Beth's trip to Aruba and new coverage.

Y'all have a good evening... see y'all tomorrow sometime...

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #144 on: October 01, 2007, 11:59:17 PM »

hello all!!
Having a terrible time with allergies lately!! Went to the Wolf Santuary today...made it 110% worse!! Hey!! did you all know wolves send out a scent to mark their territories that smell worse than a skunk?! Shocked
Wolves were cool...but do not like that marking the terrirory stuff!!! Really sent my sinuses in an uproar!!! lol

Very cool Lou!! Wolfs deserve a spot on this Earth as they were almost exterminated in many areas..My ALaskan Malameute was part wolf and she was the best!!

The only kind of wolves I dont like are the ones that hide in sheeps clothing..Like the ones that pretend to want the truth about Natalee but intentionally lie,mislead and spin the facts..

« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 12:05:08 AM by Observer » Logged

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #145 on: October 02, 2007, 06:00:19 AM »

Good Morning Jerry!

Reminder....BETH on GOOD MORNING AMERICA   ABC  7am
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #146 on: October 02, 2007, 06:05:50 AM »

Well and a vry good AM to you also Mum and to any other SM 's  <g> 

Good Morning Jerry!

Reminder....BETH on GOOD MORNING AMERICA   ABC  7am

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #147 on: October 02, 2007, 06:52:35 AM »

SAN or ******* are either of you here?
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #148 on: October 02, 2007, 07:16:07 AM »

hello all!!
Having a terrible time with allergies lately!! Went to the Wolf Santuary today...made it 110% worse!! Hey!! did you all know wolves send out a scent to mark their territories that smell worse than a skunk?! Shocked
Wolves were cool...but do not like that marking the terrirory stuff!!! Really sent my sinuses in an uproar!!! lol

It was VERY cool!! I took my Wolf scouts there!! Wink
Only the endangered Gray and Red Wolves were there. They started with only 3 pure wolves Gray wolves here in the US left in the 70's, and they are up to 130 I think it was. One of the 3 is this amazing alpha female who has had 23 pups in only 3 years, she is amazing! And did you know only the alpha male and female in a pack mate? I learned some good stuff yesturday!!

Very cool Lou!! Wolfs deserve a spot on this Earth as they were almost exterminated in many areas..My ALaskan Malameute was part wolf and she was the best!!

The only kind of wolves I dont like are the ones that hide in sheeps clothing..Like the ones that pretend to want the truth about Natalee but intentionally lie,mislead and spin the facts..

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #149 on: October 02, 2007, 07:17:01 AM »

Morning Monkeys!!!

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #150 on: October 02, 2007, 08:17:49 AM »

Talked to all 3 daughters tonight and all three of them, my son-in-law and my grandpuppy are coming to spend the week end with me!!!  I am SO excited.  It's been a while since all of us have been able to spend a week end together!  Already making my grocery list!  Times like this my heart breaks even more for Beth because she can never have both of her children together with her. I know if one of us was missing it would not be the same! 

That sounds like heaven, casa.

Is your grandpuppy a 'male' ?? Your son inlaw is pretty outnumbered  Laughing

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: October 02, 2007, 09:05:02 AM »

Good morning   sunny and happy Tuesday  salut  I wonder what's up with the wild turkeys that come from the ranch near me.  About a month ago, I saw about 40 or 50 out and around the neighborhood, but yesterday there were 8 of them walking around in my front yard and in the road.  I don't usually see them, but can hear them sometimes.  They are funny to watch because they all walk around in a line  Smile  They just seemed to come out of the brushy area and  cruised  around . Then they  got in their line and went back back over the wire fence (flying up onto it, one at a time) then hopping back over to the ranch.   Surprised  Maybe they are checking to see if it's Thanksgiving yet  Shocked

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #152 on: October 02, 2007, 09:09:28 AM »

Good morning   sunny and happy Tuesday  salut  I wonder what's up with the wild turkeys that come from the ranch near me.  About a month ago, I saw about 40 or 50 out and around the neighborhood, but yesterday there were 8 of them walking around in my front yard and in the road.  I don't usually see them, but can hear them sometimes.  They are funny to watch because they all walk around in a line  Smile  They just seemed to come out of the brushy area and  cruised  around . Then they  got in their line and went back back over the wire fence (flying up onto it, one at a time) then hopping back over to the ranch.   Surprised  Maybe they are checking to see if it's Thanksgiving yet  Shocked

we have had more and more here in the north woods over the past decade or so.  they are funny to watch.  right now is hunting season up here so i think they will be hiding a bit more.  i always see Turkey Vultures also around the back roads taking care of the roadkill.  i can not imagine that anyone would hunt those.  They really are "big birds."

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #153 on: October 02, 2007, 09:30:28 AM »

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #154 on: October 02, 2007, 09:34:28 AM »

Goos Morning all again  <g> 
 Speaking from an old Farm boys  knowledge  NOPE  none that I know of have even thought about eaten a Turkey Vulture  because of what all they eat .  Not a lot of clean meat goes into them  and I personally don't eat much wild game any more but I do know those that will eat and cook almost anything  but I still prefer my home grown Beef  and fish and my neighbors farm raised chicken and pork so as I always have a pretty good idea of what I am eating <g>
  But I will and have eaten wild Turkey  and if they are raised near a good corn field  they taste  just like a farm raised turkey   but if they have had a tough spring  and have to scrounge for food   they  can taste a little Gamy  but a few more onions in the pot will cure that also .
  Ya see I am an old  farm Boy that is used to eating much of what I have seen born, raised and then prepared for the dinner table, just the cycle of life on a working farm or a ranch .

Ol Jer  from Ohio <g>    Rolling Eyes

we have had more and more here in the north woods over the past decade or so.  they are funny to watch.  right now is hunting season up here so i think they will be hiding a bit more.  i always see Turkey Vultures also around the back roads taking care of the roadkill.  i can not imagine that anyone would hunt those.  They really are "big birds."

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #155 on: October 02, 2007, 09:40:50 AM »

that is just too cute!! How fun to watch too!!

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #156 on: October 02, 2007, 09:44:05 AM »

LD,

Another interesting wolf fact, dogs are genetically more like wolves than other breeds of dogs.  They share almost all the same DNA and the dog genome has been mapped at UC Davis.

When our dogs play with their teddy bear, Teddy is likely the daily kill in their minds.  That's why they are shaking the stuffings out of him, lol.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
crazybabyborg
« Reply #157 on: October 02, 2007, 10:09:38 AM »

ANNA:

Love your avi! Thought you might want a little background!  Wink

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/anh.gif

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #158 on: October 02, 2007, 11:22:05 AM »

Another day, another pervert  Rolling Eyes

Amber alert issued

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking_news/story/257670.html

Sheriff: Sex offender has missing Fla. girl
Posted on Tue, Oct. 02, 2007

This photo released by the Florida Dept. of Law Enforcement shows 15-year-old Alyssa Frank, of Bartow. The man believed to be with the missing girl, William Joe Mitchell, 46, of Jacksonville, has a violent past with more than a dozen arrests and is a high-risk sex offender out on probation.

BARTOW -- (AP) -- A teenage girl is missing after she sneaked out of her house to rendezvous with a high-risk sex offender she met online, a sheriff said Tuesday.

Authorities issued an Amber Alert for Alyssa Frank, 15.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd pleaded with the public for any tips to find the suspect he identified as William Joe Mitchell, 46, of Jacksonville. Mitchell met the Bartow girl on Myspace.com and cultivated a relationship, Judd said.

''He lured her away and now he's got her, and we've got to have her back. Safely,'' Judd said. ``We are, as I've said before, incredibly concerned.''

Judd spoke to the offender he referred to as ``Billy Mitch.''

''Don't you dare hurt this young lady. Let her go,'' Judd said. ``Take her to a convenience store. A bus station. But let her go.''

Judd said he believed Mitchell might have taken her back to the Jacksonville area.

Judd said Alyssa sneaked out of her house about 3 a.m. Monday to meet Mitchell and was reported missing a little more than three hours later.

''We know, from all of the investigation up to this point, that they left together. Alyssa contacted some of her friends and said that she was running away,'' Judd said. 'When they asked, `Well, why are you running away?' she told them 'for love.' ''

Judd said Mitchell had 14 prior arrests on charges that include burglary, aggravated assault with a weapon, grand larceny, bomb threats, extortion and offense or offer of lewdness and lewd and lascivious behavior.

Judd urged residents to be on the lookout for Mitchell's black Chevrolet Lumina.

Alyssa has hazel eyes and brown hair and was last seen wearing a ''Tinkerbell'' shirt and black tennis shoes with checkered laces. Mitchell has several tattoos on his arms and fingers.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #159 on: October 02, 2007, 11:40:58 AM »

Sharon I posted this in the thread Sleeks started Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.