April 28, 2024, 04:56:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #7 9/30 - 10/24/2007  (Read 180982 times)
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #260 on: October 05, 2007, 11:53:17 PM »

I am really liking this new browser!!  I am able to shut off all pop ups and it even can limit animation to one rotation and then stop it.  Makes browsing much better.  It also prevents various sites from resizing the browser window to "max".  That togethr with a scanning program has shut off the attachment of all "tracking cookies."  They are finally catching up with spam.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
crazybabyborg
« Reply #261 on: October 05, 2007, 11:56:08 PM »

I am really liking this new browser!!  I am able to shut off all pop ups and it even can limit animation to one rotation and then stop it.  Makes browsing much better.  It also prevents various sites from resizing the browser window to "max".  That togethr with a scanning program has shut off the attachment of all "tracking cookies."  They are finally catching up with spam.

Whatcha got, Owl?
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #262 on: October 06, 2007, 12:03:17 AM »

It is called Camino.  It is a very new release and I just ran across it last week.  It seems to kill every thing that moves or pops up and stores the memory so it can't come back even when you restart the computer.

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #263 on: October 06, 2007, 12:07:53 AM »

The weather gods must be crazy!   This is suppose to be fall in Wisconsin and getting colder.  We set a new all time high today and tomorrow we are suppose to be at 88 degrees.   All the swimming pools are closed long ago.   Rolling Eyes

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #264 on: October 06, 2007, 12:10:12 AM »

It is called Camino.  It is a very new release and I just ran across it last week.  It seems to kill every thing that moves or pops up and stores the memory so it can't come back even when you restart the computer.

Mac only right?
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #265 on: October 06, 2007, 12:24:04 AM »

Mac only right?

Unfortunately, yes.  I am sure they will come up with a browser for PC's soon.  FireFox is close and I believe it has a PC version.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: October 06, 2007, 01:15:27 AM »

Another food recall:

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20071006/D8S3GRKO0.html

Sam's Club Beef Recalled After Illnesses

Oct 6, 12:21 AM (ET)

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - The Sam's Club warehouse chain pulled a brand of ground beef patties from its shelves nationwide after four children who ate the food, produced by Cargill Inc., developed E. coli illness, company and health officials said Friday.

Cargill has also asked customers to return any remaining patties purchased after Aug. 26 to the store or destroy them.

The children became ill between Sept. 10 and Sept. 20 after eating ground beef patties that were bought frozen under the name American Chef's Selection Angus Beef Patties from three Sam's Club stores in the Twin Cities area.

Sam's Club voluntarily removed the product from its stores nationwide after the illnesses were reported, the company said.

"We can't be certain that meat from other stores is not involved, since the brand ... was likely sold at other Sam's Club locations," said Heidi Kassenborg, acting director of the dairy and food inspection division of the Minnesota Department of Agriculture.

The patties were produced by Cargill and had an expiration date of Feb. 12, 2008, Sam's Club said in a statement. They were coded UPC 0002874907056 Item #700141.

A Cargill spokesman contacted by The Associated Press said the company would have no comment until Monday.

The Minnesota Department of Agriculture is working with the federal Agriculture Department to determine the source of the contamination.

Two of the children were hospitalized; one remains in the hospital and the other has been discharged, the Health Department said.

Symptoms of E. coli illness include stomach cramps and diarrhea. People typically are ill for two to five days but can develop complications including kidney failure. People who have developed such symptoms should contact their doctor, the Health Department said.

Sam's Club warehouse is owned by Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT), the world's largest retailer, based in Bentonville, Ark.

Cargill, based in Wayzata, Minn., is one of the nation's largest privately held companies and makes food ingredients, moves commodities around the world and runs financial commodities trading businesses.
SarahD
Scared Monkey

Never give up!

« Reply #267 on: October 06, 2007, 08:32:03 AM »

GreatOwl, Which browser are you using?  My apologies if you said earlier.  Sad  I use IE 7 and it's not always that great.

Good morning everyone.

Have a Sunshine Day!
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #268 on: October 06, 2007, 08:40:05 AM »

Good Morning!...Is this what you are looking for SarahD?

Jerry..another great day to be Cleveland sports fan

Have a great day everyone!

SarahD
Scared Monkey

Never give up!

« Reply #269 on: October 06, 2007, 08:41:09 AM »

Here it is!  I'll have to check that one.

Have a Sunshine Day!
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #270 on: October 06, 2007, 08:46:56 AM »

LOL..SarahD...should have guessed that you were posting as you were reading!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: October 06, 2007, 09:51:49 AM »

Good morning  sunny  

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #272 on: October 06, 2007, 10:05:40 AM »

Good morning, Muffy and All!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #273 on: October 06, 2007, 10:07:10 AM »

Camino is a relatively new browser for Mac.  I do not keep up on PC's all that much anymore.  Mrs. Owl has a PC and runs XP, but I never use that computer ever.  I do quite a bit of research and downloading with mine so I have several different programs for security purposes even though there are almost no known virus that attack the Mac.  My biggest problem has always been the multitude of "tracking cookies" such as those here which really have nothing to do with using the site, but they do attach to your system and then track where you go on the internet for the next several years.

SM has every right to use advertising on their own web sight, but I reserve the right to block those ad trackers from following me after I sign off of SM.  "Ad trackers" are the reason we get 90% of our spam e-mail.  After someone leaves SM they are in your system and track every other site you visit.  They then have recorded your IP address and sell it to marketing firms who in turn send you spam.   

I have managed to reduce my spam e-mail by 90% since blocking and removing those "trackers."  It can also be done manually by any one if you just merely erase all cookies after each sign on.  However, that method also erases sign on passwords and other information you may wish to keep for web pages you visit frequently.

I find this way I never need to complain about ads on any forum or web page.  They are visable to me which is the whole point of advertising, yet they do not flash at me.  I have no problem honoring that for any webmaster of a site I use.  I just will not let those "trackers" to follow me after I leave a particular forum.

Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #274 on: October 06, 2007, 02:08:55 PM »

Naomi Arnette's husband has been taken into custody for her murder!!!!

Per CTV:

Noelle13

Alright all... Here is the deal... I just got off the phone again... I called back and spoke with someone higher up over there.. They said thusfar it is homicide charges and also concealing homicide charges...
Arraignment is set for Tuesday... He is being held on 5 million dolllar bond

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #275 on: October 06, 2007, 02:45:17 PM »

Per CTV:

Noelle13

Alright all... Here is the deal... I just got off the phone again... I called back and spoke with someone higher up over there.. They said thusfar it is homicide charges and also concealing homicide charges...

Thank you for letting us know this Marlee.  That it is the husband doesn't come as a big surprise.  It seems the police got onto this pretty quickly after Naomi Arnette's body was discovered, which leads me to believe they had a good idea who was responsible for her disappearance earlier on and having the body has given them evidence.  I am so sorry this man was so evil not only to take her life, but to leave their seven children in sorrow the rest of their lives, having to know she was murdered by his hand.  From what I've read, Naomi Arnette had her own personal struggles and she didn't have custody of her children at the time of her death, but from what I can gather, she loved them was trying to regain custody.   Sad

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #276 on: October 06, 2007, 04:39:50 PM »

Per CTV:

Noelle13

It's about time!  Thanks for letting us know!
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #277 on: October 06, 2007, 05:05:52 PM »

HELP? 

I have been informed at work that we dress up for Halloween.   Shocked

Any suggestion???  I don't want to go spend a fortune on a costume..   

TY ~!
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #278 on: October 06, 2007, 05:07:22 PM »

Per CTV:

Noelle13

Marlee ~!!  TY for the news sweety !!!!  May the prick rot in jail.  Mad
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #279 on: October 06, 2007, 05:09:24 PM »

HELP? 

I have been informed at work that we dress up for Halloween.   Shocked

Any suggestion???  I don't want to go spend a fortune on a costume..   

TY ~!

grab a bed sheet and put a couple of holes in it.    Very Happy

try this site.  I have no idea what you'd like to fit your personality.

http://www.robinsfyi.com/holidays/halloween/costumes.htm

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.