April 28, 2024, 11:38:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #7 9/30 - 10/24/2007  (Read 181002 times)
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #280 on: October 06, 2007, 05:30:38 PM »

Well idstlou I would have to confirm a little later this week but I will stay in touch  that would be fun . I am about two hours north of Columbus  so we will talk after I see what I would have to do here first OK ?  and either thanks for the invite  <g> 
                                                            Jerry

Dang  Sunny  that would have been a real Hoot  !!  Any time SM get together there is bound to be a real laugh or two LOL
  I am hoping that we can get a get together going here in NE
Ohio soon as spring hits  any body else wanna help plan a  Greet and Meet ?    your Bud  Jerry from Ohio <g>  " Heck I may even get a fresh  Bath for that LOL  Rolling Eyes "

I am sure you will have no problems getting a meet and greet going!! Wish we lived closer...we'd come!!

Hey Gerry!!! Going to Ohio next weekend and meeting up with some Monkeys...can you join us in Columbus?

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
crazybabyborg
« Reply #281 on: October 06, 2007, 05:59:19 PM »

New game in the game thread. How are you guys at limericks?  Laughing
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #282 on: October 06, 2007, 07:01:41 PM »

HELP? 

I have been informed at work that we dress up for Halloween.   Shocked

Any suggestion???  I don't want to go spend a fortune on a costume..   

TY ~!

Thanks Owl and it AWESOME to see you  Smile   Pretty neato ideas on that link   Wink
 I don't really want to dress up   Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes   LOL  TY!!!  Great ideas !
grab a bed sheet and put a couple of holes in it.    Very Happy

try this site.  I have no idea what you'd like to fit your personality.

http://www.robinsfyi.com/holidays/halloween/costumes.htm

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #283 on: October 06, 2007, 07:02:36 PM »

LOL CBB.. I tryed it. not very good. I tryed though  Smile
crazybabyborg
« Reply #284 on: October 06, 2007, 08:13:33 PM »

LOL CBB.. I tryed it. not very good. I tryed though  Smile

You're making my day, Angie!!! I'm Belly laughing!!!  Laughing Laughing Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #285 on: October 06, 2007, 08:15:31 PM »

NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2007/10/06/oj-simpsons-rolex-a-fake-isnt-this-the-perfect-metaphor/

OJ Simpson’s ROLEX a Fake … Isn’t this the Perfect Metaphor

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #286 on: October 06, 2007, 08:34:56 PM »

HELP? 

TY ~!

OMG... we have to dress up as well....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #287 on: October 06, 2007, 08:39:04 PM »

HELP? 

TY ~!

Nobody tells me that I have to dress up for Halloween.  The only people I allow is Klaas and CBB Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #288 on: October 06, 2007, 08:47:26 PM »

LOUISIANA MONKEYS

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299892,00.html

Amber Alert Issued for Missing New Orleans 16-Year-Old Girl
Saturday , October 06, 2007

Police issued an Amber Alert Saturday for a missing 16-year-old girl who might have left with a sex offender.

Investigators say Kathleen Porter was in communication with a possible sex offender. Porter could be with this 27-year-old man in the Pensacola, Fla., area, police say.

Porter, reported missing Saturday morning, is a white female with green eyes and dark brown long hair. She is about 5'5" and weights about 90 to 100 pounds.

Anyone with information that can help locate Kathleen Porter should contact the New Orleans Police Department at 504-821-2222.

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #289 on: October 06, 2007, 09:51:07 PM »

HELP? 

TY ~!

LOL Mrs Red and SAN.. Mrs Red any clue what you are going to dress as? 
 I am so not into this.. I have alot to do at work and a costume on me is going to be nothing but a pain in the ass. 

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. LMAO  Maybe I'll go but a new pair of cute jammies and slippers..
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #290 on: October 06, 2007, 10:04:10 PM »

HELP? 

TY ~!

LOL Mrs Red and SAN.. Mrs Red any clue what you are going to dress as? 
 I am so not into this.. I have alot to do at work and a costume on me is going to be nothing but a pain in the ass. 

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. LMAO  Maybe I'll go but a new pair of cute jammies and slippers..

well the president of our company is on my team... so I kinda have to dress up.... and I don't have a clue what I am going to be....

btw, sorry I didn't answer sooner, i had to run out....

some one suggested I go as the 80's Madonna...  Rolling Eyes... I have been Pippi lOngstocking before....

I just don't have a clue

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #291 on: October 06, 2007, 11:25:30 PM »

SM has every right to use advertising on their own web sight, but I reserve the right to block those ad trackers from following me after I sign off of SM.  "Ad trackers" are the reason we get 90% of our spam e-mail.  After someone leaves SM they are in your system and track every other site you visit.  They then have recorded your IP address and sell it to marketing firms who in turn send you spam.   

Allow me to interject on this note, and correct a bit of misinformation that you may have been given, Great Owl.

It is not possible for anyone to send you spam based solely on your browser cookies. Browsing the web is done thru a web browser. Email is a completely different technology. The two are only related in the sense that they utilize the internet for their delivery. This is a common misconception. Unless your computer is infected with some kind of a virus, simply going to a web site can not, in any fashion, allow you to start receiving email from that (or any other web site). The technologies don't work together that way. Believe me - a lot of shady advertisers wish they did, but they do not.

Usage patterns based on IP address and tracking cookies are indeed used for marketing purposes. But that marketing does not come in the form of spam email messages. It comes in the form of advertisements on the web sites that you visit.

In the case of Scared Monkeys, removing your browser cookies after a visit will actually generate MORE ads than if you simply left them there. That's because when you remove the cookie, our ad server can no longer know if it's shown you an advertisement or not. Therefore, it will assume that it hasn't, and it will send you another one. If the cookie was still there, the ad server would know that it had already sent you a particular kind of ad, and it would wait until later to send you another one.

I do agree with you on one point though. Deleting cookies is absolutely your prerogative. Nobody here takes issue with that whatsoever. Smile

I could give a brief tutorial on how spammers actually do get your email address and start sending you junk mail, but I don't want to bore anyone with details more than I already have.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #292 on: October 06, 2007, 11:37:07 PM »

Hey Dugga! You know I can't stand it! I just have to get my hands on that avatar!  Laughing Check back in a bit, ok?  Wink
crazybabyborg
« Reply #293 on: October 07, 2007, 12:09:23 AM »

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/DH.gif

OK, I feel better!  Very Happy
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #294 on: October 07, 2007, 12:19:17 AM »

CBB - very cool, LOL  Laughing
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #295 on: October 07, 2007, 08:47:07 AM »

Well idstlou I would have to confirm a little later this week but I will stay in touch  that would be fun . I am about two hours north of Columbus  so we will talk after I see what I would have to do here first OK ?  and either thanks for the invite  <g> 
                                                            Jerry

Dang  Sunny  that would have been a real Hoot  !!  Any time SM get together there is bound to be a real laugh or two LOL
  I am hoping that we can get a get together going here in NE
Ohio soon as spring hits  any body else wanna help plan a  Greet and Meet ?    your Bud  Jerry from Ohio <g>  " Heck I may even get a fresh  Bath for that LOL  Rolling Eyes "

I am sure you will have no problems getting a meet and greet going!! Wish we lived closer...we'd come!!

Hey Gerry!!! Going to Ohio next weekend and meeting up with some Monkeys...can you join us in Columbus?

Sounds good Jerry. I am meeting with Dihanna and possibly Marlee is coming down also on Friday. I am driving in for the wedding of my bestfriend's daughter. Wedding is Saturday, Monkey's night out is Friday. Hope you can come down!! If you need to send me an e-mail you can ask Klaas for mine!!
ps...GO BUCKEYES!! they spanked old Perdon't!!! lol

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #296 on: October 07, 2007, 09:29:24 AM »

COOL! Just when I thought that Frank the Bunny couldn't get any creepier!

You have a true gift, CBB! That is so great! I LOVE it!!!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #297 on: October 07, 2007, 11:34:29 AM »

SM has every right to use advertising on their own web sight, but I reserve the right to block those ad trackers from following me after I sign off of SM.  "Ad trackers" are the reason we get 90% of our spam e-mail.  After someone leaves SM they are in your system and track every other site you visit.  They then have recorded your IP address and sell it to marketing firms who in turn send you spam.   

Allow me to interject on this note, and correct a bit of misinformation that you may have been given, Great Owl.

It is not possible for anyone to send you spam based solely on your browser cookies. Browsing the web is done thru a web browser. Email is a completely different technology. The two are only related in the sense that they utilize the internet for their delivery. This is a common misconception. Unless your computer is infected with some kind of a virus, simply going to a web site can not, in any fashion, allow you to start receiving email from that (or any other web site). The technologies don't work together that way. Believe me - a lot of shady advertisers wish they did, but they do not.

Usage patterns based on IP address and tracking cookies are indeed used for marketing purposes. But that marketing does not come in the form of spam email messages. It comes in the form of advertisements on the web sites that you visit.

In the case of Scared Monkeys, removing your browser cookies after a visit will actually generate MORE ads than if you simply left them there. That's because when you remove the cookie, our ad server can no longer know if it's shown you an advertisement or not. Therefore, it will assume that it hasn't, and it will send you another one. If the cookie was still there, the ad server would know that it had already sent you a particular kind of ad, and it would wait until later to send you another one.

I do agree with you on one point though. Deleting cookies is absolutely your prerogative. Nobody here takes issue with that whatsoever. Smile

I could give a brief tutorial on how spammers actually do get your email address and start sending you junk mail, but I don't want to bore anyone with details more than I already have.

I wouldn't mind reading how spammers get email addresses....when you have time, maybe you can put it in the Monkey Lounge...I believe there is a thread for technical info, or you can start another...jmo.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #298 on: October 07, 2007, 11:58:52 AM »

I too would be interested in how spammers get emails.  I had an email account for several months and no spam.  And then I could see the date when it all started.  From that date on, I began to get at least 6 or 7 a day 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #299 on: October 07, 2007, 11:59:43 AM »

Hi Monkeys and good morning  sunny 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.