April 27, 2024, 11:05:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #7 9/30 - 10/24/2007  (Read 180925 times)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #300 on: October 07, 2007, 01:08:30 PM »

I too would be interested in how spammers get emails.  I had an email account for several months and no spam.  And then I could see the date when it all started.  From that date on, I began to get at least 6 or 7 a day 

Hi, MuffyBee.  My yahoo account has a Spam Guard that routes most spam to a Bulk folder.  I noticed that I get several a day, and in some instances the email addresses resemble some of those in my address book.  One big example is one that ends in 'klaasen.nl'  Shocked Others, are just plain weird looking with strange subject lines.  A cousin also uses yahoo and said she suspected it started after she answered a survey.  My DH & one son use Outlook through our ISP.  Both sons also use hotmail.....all have been hit by spam.   If it's something we are doing or not doing, I'd like to know.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #301 on: October 07, 2007, 01:28:50 PM »

I too would be interested in how spammers get emails.  I had an email account for several months and no spam.  And then I could see the date when it all started.  From that date on, I began to get at least 6 or 7 a day 

Hi, MuffyBee.  My yahoo account has a Spam Guard that routes most spam to a Bulk folder.  I noticed that I get several a day, and in some instances the email addresses resemble some of those in my address book.  One big example is one that ends in 'klaasen.nl'  Shocked Others, are just plain weird looking with strange subject lines.  A cousin also uses yahoo and said she suspected it started after she answered a survey.  My DH & one son use Outlook through our ISP.  Both sons also use hotmail.....all have been hit by spam.   If it's something we are doing or not doing, I'd like to know.

I would like to know too, if there is something I can do that would help at all.  I've had similiar experiences with one of my yahoo accounts as you have.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #302 on: October 07, 2007, 01:59:46 PM »

NOTE:  I am not Dutch, I would never send anything klaasen.nl.  I would also NEVER send bulk emails.  Actually, I rarely send emails at all. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #303 on: October 07, 2007, 02:00:54 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299946,00.html

Report: 6 Youths Shot Dead in Wisconsin; Sheriff’s Deputy Sought
Sunday , October 07, 2007

A Wisconsin town is under lockdown after a suspect believed to be with the local sheriff's office went on a killing spree, gunning down as many as six youths in their Crandon home early Sunday morning.

Crandon Mayor Gary Bradley told FOX News that the town is under a "gag order" regarding the overnight event but no one in the town can leave church, home or anywhere else they happened to be Sunday morning.

A witness told WMTJ Radio that gunfire erupted in the home at about 3 a.m. Sunday morning. Ten area youths from the ages of 16 to 21 were reportedly in the home when the shots were fired. Fatalities are being reported, but the number of casualties is still unconfirmed.

A family member of one of the victims told WITI-TV, a FOX affiliate, that one of the victims involved in the shooting is a student at the Milwaukee Area Technical College.

The suspect, believed to be with the Forest County Sheriff's Department, allegedly fired all the shots, WMTJ reporter Dan O'Donnell told FOX News. He is on the loose and believed to be armed and dangerous.

This is a developing story. Please refresh page for updates.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #304 on: October 07, 2007, 02:04:01 PM »

NOTE:  I am not Dutch, I would never send anything klaasen.nl.  I would also NEVER send bulk emails.  Actually, I rarely send emails at all. 

Yes, I only wanted to point out that some of the spam seemed to pull from my address book or emails I have sent.  I most definitely was not saying the email was from you, and I'm sorry if it seemed that way.   Surprised

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #305 on: October 07, 2007, 02:04:39 PM »

Good afternoon monkeys.

Was doing some searching on google last night and found an interesting article. Seems the EU (European Union) wants to start a Maddie Alert along the lines of our Amber Alert. It also seems that a couple of the EU countries don't want it and voted against it. And, yes you are right. The Netherlands was one of them.

Can not understand why anyone would be against something like this. Germany was the other country, which I can't understand at all.

2 4 1
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #306 on: October 07, 2007, 02:16:12 PM »

Yes, I only wanted to point out that some of the spam seemed to pull from my address book or emails I have sent.  I most definitely was not saying the email was from you, and I'm sorry if it seemed that way.   Surprised

I've noticed some of the spam has addy's similar to the one I have and it's being sent to.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #307 on: October 07, 2007, 08:04:56 PM »

Monkeys  !!

have not been on much... On vacation... no Lappy  Sad  but did manage to fire up my friends old one... get things working again... 
AND     
I managed to meet AZSunny and her great Hubby     today.
OH..  and I bought a Hat that must have been the model for the one CBB used for my Avi  Wink
Just wanted  to say Hi....
Yack at ya later..

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #308 on: October 07, 2007, 08:22:01 PM »

Too cool OF  Hope that you have a great Vacation and we do miss ya  ya ol coot  LOL 
     Jerry from Ohio

Monkeys  !!

have not been on much... On vacation... no Lappy  Sad  but did manage to fire up my friends old one... get things working again... 
AND     
OH..  and I bought a Hat that must have been the model for the one CBB used for my Avi  Wink
Yack at ya later..

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #309 on: October 07, 2007, 08:49:54 PM »

Monkeys  !!

AND     
Yack at ya later..

Yep,  we hit the ultimate flea market in AZ ---acres and acres of goods. (You would have to see it to believe it, all under cover)  Oldfart took my hubby to one of the hat sections, and he bought the identical hat that OF did!  It was funny walking around with my two guys that just looked like they landed from Australia!  They are both very tall and slim, so they could have been brothers to those that didn't know them.   So fun to meet OF..we had a good day!!  (OF had is OF button with avatar on, so he was easy to find CBB)

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #310 on: October 07, 2007, 08:51:46 PM »

Thanks Jerry...
Ya it's nice meeting people you only type to.   
I'v managed to meet Three in the past month !!

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #311 on: October 07, 2007, 09:39:09 PM »

Ah, I'm so glad OldFart is on vacation and got to meet AZSunny & her hubby.  Did you take pictures of them in the hats, AZ????  Laughing

Oldfart, enjoy the rest of your R n R....well deserved, I'm sure.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #312 on: October 07, 2007, 09:52:50 PM »

Ah, I'm so glad OldFart is on vacation and got to meet AZSunny & her hubby.  Did you take pictures of them in the hats, AZ????  Laughing

No, I didn't take the camera.  wish I had now!  It was a hoot! 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #313 on: October 07, 2007, 10:02:02 PM »

No No .... Pics of the OldF...  Been know to break cameras '  Wink

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #314 on: October 07, 2007, 10:05:00 PM »

I am jealous of y'all getting to meet up.... but I think it's so very cool to see the friendships that have developed over this time.

There are so many of you guys I would love to meet....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #315 on: October 07, 2007, 10:05:14 PM »

I guess we'll just have to continue to use our imaginations...  Bet the hat looks great on you, though  thumright

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #316 on: October 07, 2007, 10:11:20 PM »

I guess we'll just have to continue to use our imaginations...  Bet the hat looks great on you, though  thumright
Dunnuh Know... afraid to look in a mirror  Shocked  Az's hubby looked good though..
I happend on it in Flea Market and for $4  I could not pass it up... If nothing else a reminder of the meeting

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #317 on: October 07, 2007, 10:18:58 PM »

Oh   

I ment to ask... If anyone sees AzLady   please ask her to check her e-mail...
TIA

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #318 on: October 07, 2007, 10:29:55 PM »

Talk about imagination....AZSunny described her DH & Oldfart as tall & lean...and because Oldfart has that cute little round faced avatar, I was thinking a shorter person...so much for that!!!   You get this image in your mind and it can be so far off the mark.....

Oldfart, I'm sure you wouldn't break a camera....and it would have been nice to see that new hat....Wear it in good health...enjoy.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #319 on: October 08, 2007, 02:16:51 AM »

send you spam.   

Therefore, it will assume that it hasn't, and it will send you another one. If the cookie was still there, the ad server would know that it had already sent you a particular kind of ad, and it would wait until later to send you another one.

I do agree with you on one point though. Deleting cookies is absolutely your prerogative. Nobody here takes issue with that whatsoever. Smile

I could give a brief tutorial on how spammers actually do get your email address and start sending you junk mail, but I don't want to bore anyone with details more than I already have.

Believe me you do not bore me with details.  I really have no problems with SM ads or cookies.  Once they have been deleted the first time, they no longer are allowed to appear again.  I did a test and found I got 7 different cookies from "adtracker" one from "tribalfusion" and one from somewhere else that I can not recall off the top of my head.  (senior moments, you know Smile  )  Since using this program to prevent tracking cookies, my spam e-mail is now one to two a week.  It use to be as many as 50 a day.  SM is not the only site that I use this browser on.  You believe it has nothing to do with spam e-mail, but common sense tells me differently as does the technical support at apple.  So we will just agree to disagree on this one.

I really do appreciate the site and congratulate you on the wonderful work you have been doing.  As you said, I is my right to not only delete cookies, but also prevent them or other ads from appearing on my system or screen.  I can do this, so I do.    As you will notice in my personal information I never hide behind a false e-mail so I have no problem with any one contacting me.  I do have to allow them through the e-mail filter, but I recognize those from SM and other forums and am open to communication. 

Again, congratulations on the great work you do.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.