April 27, 2024, 06:36:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #7 9/30 - 10/24/2007  (Read 180953 times)
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #340 on: October 09, 2007, 10:44:33 AM »

I am jealous of y'all getting to meet up.... but I think it's so very cool to see the friendships that have developed over this time.

There are so many of you guys I would love to meet....

So there will be no excuse not to let us know next time you're in town?

Can't ya just see AZSunny with a man on each arm? 

Monkeys  !!

I managed to meet AzLady and her hubby  last night  
Yes they knew who I was by my HAT Laughing. We had a nice dinner on an outdoor patio, for the weather was perfect last night and just chatted.  It was fun.

So that is Four in under a month!  I wonder how many more I can meet this year Cool

Yack at ya later..

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #341 on: October 09, 2007, 12:10:39 PM »

MuffyBee...didn't mean to lead you astray, but it's an Asian beetle...looks just like a ladybug :shock:but is definately a pest and smells awful too.....the nests GreatOwl and I were talking belong to Baldfaced hornet similar to your paperwasp Shocked

I have read about Baldfaced hornets.  They tend to be more aggressive  then the paperwasps from what I gather.  We've had some little orangish harder shelled bugs that sort of look like a ladybug, but only single ones on occasion and wondered what they were.  Now I am gonna have to look.  I have the Texas Bug Book, but I don't think they managed to get everything in there.  We had a large praying mantis on front porch, that was cream colored with gray stripes.  He had a daddy long leg spider in his grip and when I looked at him, he tilted his little triangle head to stare me down, like he thought I was gonna take his spider.   Laughing  Kept staring at me...I should keep a journal about the stuff I see around here.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #342 on: October 09, 2007, 01:09:16 PM »

I too would be interested in how spammers get emails.  I had an email account for several months and no spam.  And then I could see the date when it all started.  From that date on, I began to get at least 6 or 7 a day 

Hi, MuffyBee.  My yahoo account has a Spam Guard that routes most spam to a Bulk folder.  I noticed that I get several a day, and in some instances the email addresses resemble some of those in my address book.  One big example is one that ends in 'klaasen.nl'  Shocked Others, are just plain weird looking with strange subject lines.  A cousin also uses yahoo and said she suspected it started after she answered a survey.  My DH & one son use Outlook through our ISP.  Both sons also use hotmail.....all have been hit by spam.   If it's something we are doing or not doing, I'd like to know.

NOTE:  I am not Dutch, I would never send anything klaasen.nl.  I would also NEVER send bulk emails.  Actually, I rarely send emails at all. 

Please note, I should have added a couple of laughing emoticons to the above post  Laughing Laughing  My intention was to make sure everyone is aware if they get anything from klaasen.nl it is definately not from me. 

Thanks 2NJ for bringing this to my attention.  I've gotten some spam email myself that I have to think twice about so I know what you mean  Wink
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #343 on: October 09, 2007, 01:43:35 PM »

I too would be interested in how spammers get emails.  I had an email account for several months and no spam.  And then I could see the date when it all started.  From that date on, I began to get at least 6 or 7 a day 

Hi, MuffyBee.  My yahoo account has a Spam Guard that routes most spam to a Bulk folder.  I noticed that I get several a day, and in some instances the email addresses resemble some of those in my address book.  One big example is one that ends in 'klaasen.nl'  Shocked Others, are just plain weird looking with strange subject lines.  A cousin also uses yahoo and said she suspected it started after she answered a survey.  My DH & one son use Outlook through our ISP.  Both sons also use hotmail.....all have been hit by spam.   If it's something we are doing or not doing, I'd like to know.

NOTE:  I am not Dutch, I would never send anything klaasen.nl.  I would also NEVER send bulk emails.  Actually, I rarely send emails at all. 

Please note, I should have added a couple of laughing emoticons to the above post  Laughing Laughing  My intention was to make sure everyone is aware if they get anything from klaasen.nl it is definately not from me. 

Thanks 2NJ for bringing this to my attention.  I've gotten some spam email myself that I have to think twice about so I know what you mean  Wink

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #344 on: October 09, 2007, 02:36:50 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,300478,00.html

Brain Found in Bag Outside Virginia Apartment Complex
Tuesday , October 09, 2007

RICHMOND, Va. —

A brain was found in a bag near an apartment complex Tuesday morning, and the state medical examiner's office was trying to determine whether it was human or animal, police said.

The brain, or portion of a brain, was discovered in an area next to a suburban Richmond apartment complex under construction and near a mall, Richmond police spokeswoman Karla Peters said. She believed the people who discovered the organ were construction workers, but said she had not confirmed that information.

Police were called to the scene and the brain was turned over to the medical examiner's office, which will determine whether the brain once belonged to a human or an animal, Peters said.

Peters said she had no additional information.

"We're waiting for the medical examiner to determine how we should proceed," she said.

Maybe I should post this at RU since most of them seem to be missing one  Laughing
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #345 on: October 09, 2007, 02:38:50 PM »

RICHMOND, Va. —

A brain was found in a bag near an apartment complex Tuesday morning, and the state medical examiner's office was trying to determine whether it was human or animal, police said.

The brain, or portion of a brain, was discovered in an area next to a suburban Richmond apartment complex under construction and near a mall, Richmond police spokeswoman Karla Peters said. She believed the people who discovered the organ were construction workers, but said she had not confirmed that information.

Police were called to the scene and the brain was turned over to the medical examiner's office, which will determine whether the brain once belonged to a human or an animal, Peters said.

Peters said she had no additional information.

"We're waiting for the medical examiner to determine how we should proceed," she said.

Maybe I should post this at RU since most of them seem to be missing one  Laughing

Laughing Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #346 on: October 09, 2007, 02:44:27 PM »

Hiya San - how's your day so far?

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #347 on: October 09, 2007, 02:49:14 PM »

Three more days Cool

They are all at a meeting and if I could take a nap at my desk I would.  Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #348 on: October 09, 2007, 02:57:44 PM »

Three more days Cool

They are all at a meeting and if I could take a nap at my desk I would.  Laughing

LOL  Laughing Laughing
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #349 on: October 09, 2007, 03:01:31 PM »

Klaas, Don't bother to alert them that a half of a brain was found....my husband always uses the phrase 'if he/she had half a brain, he/she would be dangerous'.... Laughing Laughing I think they are dangerous without.

San, it sounds like the paycheck won't be compensation enough for your time. 

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #350 on: October 09, 2007, 03:04:16 PM »

Klaas, Don't bother to alert them that a half of a brain was found....my husband always uses the phrase 'if he/she had half a brain, he/she would be dangerous'.... Laughing Laughing I think they are dangerous without.

I miss my naps Laughing
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #351 on: October 09, 2007, 03:09:48 PM »

I miss my naps Laughing

This woman has called me by the wrong name so many times I'm beginning to answer her when she calls me by that name. Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #352 on: October 09, 2007, 03:13:59 PM »

I miss my naps Laughing

This woman has called me by the wrong name so many times I'm beginning to answer her when she calls me by that name. Laughing

ROFLMAO  Laughing
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #353 on: October 09, 2007, 03:28:22 PM »

I don't suppose you'll tell us what she calls you... Laughing

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #354 on: October 09, 2007, 03:30:48 PM »

That might account for one Refugee, but what about the rest of them?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #355 on: October 09, 2007, 06:00:17 PM »

Another food contamination problem:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,300557,00.html

Health Officials Concerned About Salmonella Contamination in ConAgra Pot Pies

OMAHA, Neb. —

Several state health departments are telling ConAgra Foods its Banquet pot pies may be linked to cases of salmonella.

But the company says its pies are safe if they're cooked properly. ConAgra officials are working with health authorities to determine whether any more precautions are necessary.

A company spokeswoman says it's especially important to follow the directions when pies are cooked in a microwave, adjusting the time for devices that have less power. She says no recall is planned.

Federal disease control officials are tracking a large salmonella outbreak with cases in several states. It's most often caused by undercooked eggs and chicken.

Earlier this year, ConAgra had to recall all of its peanut butter because it was linked to a different salmonella outbreak.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #356 on: October 09, 2007, 07:14:42 PM »

HALF MOON BAY, Calif. - Just think of all the pumpkin pie it could make.

Thad Starr, of Pleasant Hill, Ore., set a record at the annual pumpkin weigh-off here with his 1,524 pumpkin. He'll get $6 a pound, bringing his winnings to $9,144.

"It's the thrill of the victory," Starr said Monday after his pumpkin came out on top. "And it's the fruition of a year's work."
http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-odd-pumpkin-contest,0,1603305.story

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #357 on: October 09, 2007, 08:52:44 PM »

Since there's no "general" thread in Missing Persons, I thought I'd post this here.  Montel Williams is having the following guests on his show this Thursday, 10-11-07

Steve and Marlene: Their daughter, Sabrina, was kidnapped in 1997 For more information please log onto: www.marvelcreations.com/sabrina.htm

Drew and Joyce : Their daughter, Jennifer, has been missing since January 2006 For more information please log onto: www.jenniferkesse.com

Tom Morris: He is an "America's Most Wanted Correspondent"

Alonzo Washington: He is a civil rights activist who was outraged and dismayed when he heard that the headless body of a little black girl was found in his hometown of Kansas City and no one knew who she was

Betty: She is the grandmother of "Precious Doe" or Erica

Sylvia Henry: Her daughter, Stepha, disappeared during a trip to Miami

Lauren Lake : She is Sylvia’s legal advocate

Melanie Perkins: She is a documentary filmmaker who made a film about the disappearance of her childhood friend, Andy Puglisi

Pat Brown : She is a criminal profiler who has been following the Maddie McCann disappearance and is well briefed in all aspects of the case

www.montelshow.com

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #358 on: October 09, 2007, 08:53:10 PM »

I am jealous of y'all getting to meet up.... but I think it's so very cool to see the friendships that have developed over this time.

There are so many of you guys I would love to meet....

So there will be no excuse not to let us know next time you're in town?

Can't ya just see AZSunny with a man on each arm? 

You can count on it...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #359 on: October 09, 2007, 09:03:03 PM »

HALF MOON BAY, Calif. - Just think of all the pumpkin pie it could make.

Thad Starr, of Pleasant Hill, Ore., set a record at the annual pumpkin weigh-off here with his 1,524 pumpkin. He'll get $6 a pound, bringing his winnings to $9,144.

"It's the thrill of the victory," Starr said Monday after his pumpkin came out on top. "And it's the fruition of a year's work."
http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-odd-pumpkin-contest,0,1603305.story

I'm having a problem with the whole notion of having to cut my fruits and veggies with a chainsaw.   Confused

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.