April 27, 2024, 04:57:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #7 9/30 - 10/24/2007  (Read 180943 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #360 on: October 09, 2007, 10:36:57 PM »

The boyfriend of Erin Stanley has been arrested for her murder...
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,300620,00.html

Tuesday, October 09, 2007
CENTERVILLE, Ind. —  The boyfriend of a 19-year-old woman who was found dead six days before the death of her younger sister was arrested Tuesday on a preliminary charge of murder.

James McFarland Jr., 23, was being held without bond at the Wayne County Jail in Richmond on one count of murder.

McFarland was the boyfriend of Erin Stanley, 19, who died Sept. 1 at her parents' home in Centerville, just west of Richmond in east-central Indiana. Her sister, Kelly Stanley, 18, was found dead in the home on Sept. 7.

A Centerville police dispatcher said McFarland was charged in Erin Stanley's death.
(snipped)
I will post this over in the Stanley sister's thread.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #361 on: October 10, 2007, 06:58:09 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!  It's a crisp Fall morning here in northern Ohio. Today's high 55..and Monday was a record 88!

MuffyBee... was checking for updates yesterday and wondered about the Stanley sisters and low and behold this morning I see your update. Thank You!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #362 on: October 10, 2007, 08:17:35 AM »

Good morning  sunny Mum and all the monkeys salut  I hope you will all have a great hump day  thumright 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #363 on: October 10, 2007, 11:07:21 AM »

Speaking of "If I Only Had A Brain", who would have thought I have just the You Tube!  These guys are from TN and they are fabulous.  All used to sing with Voices of Lee at Lee University in Cleveland. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1EFZ-kqdU4&mode=related&search=

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #364 on: October 10, 2007, 11:12:19 AM »

Just read this...frightening and sad:

http://www.kpho.com/news/14304861/detail.html

4-Year-Old Falls Into Grand Canyon
Girls Dies After Falling 450 Feet Off Rim

POSTED: 3:52 pm PDT October 9, 2007
UPDATED: 7:53 am PDT October 10, 2007

GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK, Ariz. -- A 4-year-old girl on a vacation trip to the Grand Canyon died Tuesday after slipping off the canyon edge and falling several hundred feet.

The girl fell near Mather Point just before noon and her father immediately scrambled down the cliffs to reach her, National Park Service spokeswoman Maureen Oltrogge said.

He started CPR, and a Park Service ranger who rappelled down into the canyon also began trying to resuscitate the little girl.

A second ranger was lowered to the site by helicopter and determined the child was dead, Oltrogge said.

The child's body was recovered from a spot about 400 to 500 feet below the rim, Oltrogge said.

The girl is from Arizona, but her name and hometown won't be released until Wednesday, Oltrogge said.

The area where she fell is a combination of sheer drops of 30 to 50 feet, then slopes leading to more dropoffs. It is considered the most popular scenic view in the park.

The girl's father suffered an ankle injury while scrambling over the edge to reach her.

Oltrogge said the child's death is a reminder to everyone that extreme care needs to be taken at the canyon rim, especially with children.

"It's a tragic reminder of how a family vacation can turn tragic in an instant," Oltrogge said, "Our thoughts and prayers are with the family."

Fifty-three people accidentally fell to their deaths from the canyon rims between 1925 and 2005, according to Michael Ghiglieri and Thomas Myers, authors of Over the Edge: Death in Grand Canyon.

Some areas at the rim are not protected by railings.

The majority of the deaths in the canyon are cardiac-arrest related due to exertions from hiking, according to the park's emergency services personnel.

National Park Service rangers continue conducting an investigation.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #365 on: October 10, 2007, 11:50:26 AM »

The boyfriend of Erin Stanley has been arrested for her murder...
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,300620,00.html

Tuesday, October 09, 2007
CENTERVILLE, Ind. —  The boyfriend of a 19-year-old woman who was found dead six days before the death of her younger sister was arrested Tuesday on a preliminary charge of murder.

James McFarland Jr., 23, was being held without bond at the Wayne County Jail in Richmond on one count of murder.

McFarland was the boyfriend of Erin Stanley, 19, who died Sept. 1 at her parents' home in Centerville, just west of Richmond in east-central Indiana. Her sister, Kelly Stanley, 18, was found dead in the home on Sept. 7.

A Centerville police dispatcher said McFarland was charged in Erin Stanley's death.
(snipped)
I will post this over in the Stanley sister's thread.

Thank you Muffy.  I knew he was involved in her murder and I think he killed her sister also.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #366 on: October 10, 2007, 01:42:07 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,300677,00.html

Boy, 6, Tries to Drive to Applebee's, Knocks Out Neighborhood Power Instead
Wednesday, October 10, 2007

BROOMFIELD, Colo. —

A hungry 6-year-old grabbed his grandmother's car keys, positioned his child seat behind the steering wheel and tried to drive himself to an Applebee's restaurant.

He didn't get far.

Unable to take the car out of reverse, the boy backed up 75 feet from her house into a transformer Tuesday, knocking out electricity and phone service to dozens of townhouses in this suburb north of Denver.

No one was injured and the boy, whose name was not released, got out of his car and told his grandmother what happened.

"He proceeded to start the car and started backing up," said Sgt. Colleen O'Connell of the Broomfield Police Department. "He went backward about 47 feet, hit the curb, then went backward another 29 feet."

Investigators couldn't figure out how the boy reached the accelerator.

No charges will be filed.

"I have five children of my own, so I know you cannot watch them every minute they're awake," said nearby resident Nancy Hollis, whose power was knocked out by the accident.

Shocked

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #367 on: October 10, 2007, 02:16:18 PM »

Breaking News:  3 People Shot at SuccessTech Cleveland High School
Shooter at Large

sleddogs made a post in "News of the Day" thread about a school shooting in Cleveland

Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #368 on: October 10, 2007, 03:28:36 PM »

Oh My Lord Muffy  what the heck is happening here in NE Ohio ?  these Kids and Gangs are totally out of control, I have told friends that teach in Canton Ohio that it will only be a matter of time until a shooter enters the City High schools here  because of the Lack of security upon entering the buildings .   A friend that still works with the Juvenile center in Akron,OH says that these Kids that are coming in from all over the US  to teach our kids How to sell and distribute drugs here  are a totally different breed then when i worked with Juveniles,  today the taking of a life  means very little to the Kids  and about all they will keep repeating is that "the Victim deserved it !"
   They have such a distorted view of right and wrong and they are so willing to throw away their lives or take a life  for a few dollars today and a false sense of misguided values  of what is real disrespect  and what is not worth taking a life  for .
       A very sad statement of what is coming in our near future if we do not stop it now .
               your Ohio Pal Jerry

Breaking News:  3 People Shot at SuccessTech Cleveland High School
Shooter at Large

sleddogs made a post in "News of the Day" thread about a school shooting in Cleveland

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #369 on: October 10, 2007, 03:46:37 PM »

Howdy   if I may ask can anyone please explain to me if it is any of
  my Business what the Heck this   RU    is that a lot of people seem to refer too  but never actually what or where it is in reference to Natalee
 s case >  if it should not be said on the forum Please e mail answer to me please   aniceguyfromOhio@Gmail.com

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #370 on: October 10, 2007, 07:53:32 PM »

Breaking News (literally)
Hotel Atrium Collapses In Hunt Valley
COCKEYSVILLE, Md.  The glass ceiling of a Baltimore County hotel comes crashing down with a deafening noise.

It happened at the Hunt Valley Embassy Suites, while more than 100 people stayed just a feet away.

Jessica Kartalija reports the accident happened around 2 p.m. inside the hotel, which is located on the 200-block of International Circle.

According to Baltimore County fire officials, glass from the skylight at the suburban Baltimore hotel collapsed eight stories through the center of the building.
Firefighters say it is a miracle that no one was injured. At this hour, the 130 guests are being allowed to retrieve their belongings and are being relocated.

Hotel officials also say there was supposed to be a wedding this afternoon at the hotel.
  Shocked
(snipped)
http://wjz.com/topstories/local_story_283142353.html

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #371 on: October 10, 2007, 09:11:46 PM »

More bad news for Ohio today  Sad
Chemical Cars Derail in Ohio

PAINESVILLE, Ohio (AP) -- About 30 cars in a freight train hauling some toxic chemicals derailed Wednesday, setting off a large, smoky fire and leading to the evacuation of potentially hundreds of people. No injuries were reported.

Authorities were evacuating an area within a half-mile that includes businesses and homes where more than 1,000 people live, said Leslie James, deputy clerk for the Painesville police department.
(snipped)  This is about 30 miles from Cleveland

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #372 on: October 10, 2007, 10:03:04 PM »

Any news on the Donna Jou case? The suspect was supposed to be in court today.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #373 on: October 10, 2007, 10:03:32 PM »

Jerry,
it's a hate site... they hate us, they hate SM, they hate Beth.....

I don't ever go and read there...but someone can send you a link...

sorry I can't be of more help... but to me they are like a vampire... don't want to invite them in..

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #374 on: October 10, 2007, 10:04:39 PM »

IBE, I am so sad to say that if it's not on the front page or a monkey doesn't post about it.... I don't have a clue.  I come here for my news!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #375 on: October 10, 2007, 10:08:24 PM »

Sex offender suspect in missing student case gets prison
The Associated Press
Article Launched: 10/10/2007 01:56:51 PM PDT
LOS ANGELES—A man under investigation in the disappearance of a San Diego State University student was sentenced to three years in prison Wednesday for failing to register as a sex offender.

John Steven Burgess, 35, was sentenced in Superior Court after pleading no contest to failing to register and to another charge of failing to file a change of address. A second count of failing to file was dropped.

Burgess was ordered taken into custody immediately and, with good behavior in prison reducing his sentence he should be out in about 17 months, his attorney, George Bird Jr., said.

After that, he will have a period of supervision at a specific location but eventually may be able to live where he wants as long as he registers, Bird said.

Burgess has been identified as a suspect—but not charged with a crime—in the disappearance of 19-year-old Donna Jou of Rancho Santa Margarita. She was last seen June 23 on the back of Burgess' motorcycle, believed headed to a party at his rented house in West Los Angeles. Authorities said the two met on the Internet site Craigslist.

"My hope is that he'll never be charged" in the case, Bird said. "I'm not aware of any facts that would support the filing of such charges."

Burgess has not talked to investigators about the disappearance and there is "no expectation" that he will because it could only harm his position, Bird said.

"He's still considered either a prime suspect, or a suspect or a person of interest," Bird said. "In that case it would never serve him to even talk about what even the weather was like (the day Jou vanished)."
Jou's friends and family gathered outside the courthouse and chanted "please Burgess talk" and "justice for Donna."
(snipped)
Burgess was convicted of three counts of battery in 2002 and of performing a lewd act against a child the following year. He was sentenced to 146 days in jail, placed on three years' probation and required to register as a sex offender.

Burgess was arrested on Sept. 20 for investigation of stealing DVDs from a video store in Jacksonville, Fla. He was carrying a fake identification, authorities said.
----------------------------------
I will post this in Donna Jou thread.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #376 on: October 10, 2007, 10:11:21 PM »

I'm sorry.  Here is the link for my above post.
http://**/breakingnews/ci_7138788

There are several articles I've found in a quick search.  Will try to see if any have other info and I can post that under Donna Jou's thread. 

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #377 on: October 10, 2007, 10:15:14 PM »

There are several articles I've found in a quick search.  Will try to see if any have other info and I can post that under Donna Jou's thread. 

I googled but didn't see anything... thanks Muffy for bringing this info here..

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #378 on: October 10, 2007, 10:22:27 PM »

I googled but didn't see anything... thanks Muffy for bringing this info here..
I posted an additional article in Donna Jou's thread, that discusses Donna's case a bit more, and that immunity for Burgess wasn't discussed.   He is of course being advised by his attorneys not to talk.  His attorney said they wanted to cut a deal for immunity.  The prosecutor refused to make a deal, because he said this guy might not have had ANY information and still got the plea deal, so it wasn't discussed. 

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #379 on: October 10, 2007, 10:27:55 PM »

Thanks Muffy... his lawyer should be smacked...granted it is his job to get his client off... but how riduculous... you know well as I do that he isn't gettting paid by this scum bucket....

I hope he rots in prision...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.