April 27, 2024, 09:18:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #7 9/30 - 10/24/2007  (Read 180956 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #440 on: October 11, 2007, 11:34:56 PM »

I hope SUE or someone weighs in on this one... it seems interesting...

this is the story I was speaking of...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21230656/

it's a few pages long... so I am not posting the story...
sounds crazy... like a complete mess...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #441 on: October 12, 2007, 05:44:59 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!

Hey Jerry..you're going to be needed in the baseball thread...the Reds are on Boston's side! Wink

GO TRIBE!
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #442 on: October 12, 2007, 05:50:31 AM »

MuffyBee..Greta had Erin Stanley's 911 call on her show last. Have checked Greta's web site and blog and can't find anything but a few comments. There is a small piece on MSNBC that I didn't take over to the Stanley thread. Still have shivers going down my spine from the 911 call...The Mom was so calm and every time I think of it I shiver. Was hoping to find the 911 call to post the link.

It's the 2nd time I heard that 911 call and had the same reaction both times. 

2NJSons....Did you hear this on your local news or the networks? Would like to find it!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #443 on: October 12, 2007, 08:11:30 AM »

Good morning  sunny to you all out there in Scared Monkeyland    Happy Friday

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #444 on: October 12, 2007, 08:21:16 AM »

Good morning, MuffyBee...had to put the furnace on last night...Fall is here!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #445 on: October 12, 2007, 08:35:47 AM »

Good morning, MuffyBee...had to put the furnace on last night...Fall is here!

We've had 85 degree days and 60 degree nights.  I guess we are heading into fall here too...   There were supposed to have been a couple of cold fronts come down and cool it off, but they didn't quite make it here, so we are still having warm days.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #446 on: October 12, 2007, 08:58:13 AM »

GOOD MORNING MONKEYS!! Have breakfast with me?

Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #447 on: October 12, 2007, 09:02:11 AM »

And a Very Happy Friday to every one here also .
                      Jerry from Ohio  and yes Muffy that was SO tricky of the Red's  to get the Baseball team to name themselves  the Red's  GEESH ! what some folks won't do for a little  attention ROFL  !!!   Oh Gee  Laughed so hard at that one I think I peed my self !!      You wait here I'LL go check <g> Well yup  time to reach for a new depends    Idea     see all later when Ive freshened up so to speak  :+)    he,he,he,he  your Ol Pal from Ohio  Jerry

Good morning  sunny to you all out there in Scared Monkeyland    Happy Friday

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #448 on: October 12, 2007, 09:13:14 AM »

Oh CBB  you make a man so hungry  <g>  Well at least  this man   Rolling Eyes  I am trying to decide whether to try to quit smoking again this weekend
  Please NO Lectures,  Just encouraging words please > 
  I have tried 6 times before and may try again  but  to be Honest I get  meaner then a Bad Bull when I try and quit Heck even the cats are afraid when this happens   But Jessica  has promised to protect them  because they know that I would never harm her so they just stay in he arms  till my fit is over <g>  o well on with the show  Hugs  to all you lovely SM Lady's  and a Hat tip to the Gents  <g>

GOOD MORNING MONKEYS!! Have breakfast with me?

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
crazybabyborg
« Reply #449 on: October 12, 2007, 09:50:51 AM »

No lecture from me, Jerry! I quit years ago, and stayed smoke free until some recent stresses at work. Someone offered me a cigarette and stupid took over. I'm facing the same thing and will offer this as encouragement: Before, I honestly wondered if it was possible to quit. Jerry, it's possible. I hate the smell, I hate the stupidity, I hate what it says about me, but I really like the calming effect and face it, the cigarette industry has done everything they can to make it as addictive as they can. I quit with patches, it helped the addictive part. I prayed a lot too, drank lots of water (it helps flush out the nicotine), and walked around the block taking deep breathes when cravings got bad. This sounds silly, but we ALL talk to ourselves. BE SURE to say GOOD things about your efforts rather than negative ones about your failures.

It takes the average smoker many tries to quit. Don't feel failure if it takes you many tries. Just be persistant and KNOW you can do it! I'm rooting for you, and I'll let you know when my mind's set to embark on the same journey so you can be my cheerleader too, ok?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #450 on: October 12, 2007, 11:39:52 AM »

Breaking News >> California Investigators Serve Search Warrants in Anna Nicole Smith's Death
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #451 on: October 12, 2007, 11:42:24 AM »

Breaking News >> California Investigators Serve Search Warrants in Anna Nicole Smith's Death

Hmmm.  Now THAT is interesting...

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #452 on: October 12, 2007, 11:45:08 AM »

Hmmm.  Now THAT is interesting...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301436,00.html

Search Warrants Served in Anna Nicole Smith's Death
Friday , October 12, 2007

SAN FRANCISCO  —

California Department of Justice investigators on Friday began serving search warrants in connection with the death of Anna Nicole Smith, a person close to the matter told The Associated Press.

The person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was ongoing, declined to elaborate. California Attorney General Jerry Brown was expected to make an announcement later Friday.

The former Playboy Playmate died of an accidental drug overdose in February at a Florida hotel. She was 39.

Several people close to the model have fallen under suspicion since her death, including her psychiatrist Dr. Khristine Eroshevich.

The Medical Board of California said in April it was investigating Eroshevich, who, according to documents, authorized all 11 prescription medications found in Smith's hotel room the day she died.

Eroshevich had traveled with Smith to Florida.

More than 600 pills, including 450 muscle relaxants, were missing from prescriptions that were no more than five weeks old, according to the documents, which were obtained by The Associated Press through a public records request.

snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #453 on: October 12, 2007, 11:54:30 AM »

Good morning Muffy, Mum, CBB, Jerry, and all ya'll.  Have a wonderful day.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #454 on: October 12, 2007, 11:56:52 AM »

Good morning Muffy, Mum, CBB, Jerry, and all ya'll.  Have a wonderful day.

Hey ya' Snoop It's great to see you around the boards again.  It's Fried-Day so it should be a good day! Laughing  What have you been up to anyway?  Cool

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #455 on: October 12, 2007, 12:05:25 PM »

Ohhhh Yuck!
http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3722013
Don't Pucker Up: Lead In Lipstick
From the Department Store to the Drugstore: Lead on Your Lips
(snipped)
The coalition's report found that 20 of the 33 lipsticks it sent to be tested contained lead. Higher levels were found in products made by L'Oreal, Cover Girl and Christian Dior.

Because there is no federal standard for lead in cosmetics, the advocacy group used the Food and Drug Administration's limits for lead in candy as a yardstick.
(snipped)
No recalls here...

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #456 on: October 12, 2007, 02:08:00 PM »

24 HOUR PRAYER CHAIN - Starting tomorrow at 8am ET

Please put in your time request  Wink
:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=147.msg290100#msg290100
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 02:09:41 PM by klaasend » Logged
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #457 on: October 12, 2007, 03:20:02 PM »

MuffyBee..Greta had Erin Stanley's 911 call on her show last. Have checked Greta's web site and blog and can't find anything but a few comments. There is a small piece on MSNBC that I didn't take over to the Stanley thread. Still have shivers going down my spine from the 911 call...The Mom was so calm and every time I think of it I shiver. Was hoping to find the 911 call to post the link.

It's the 2nd time I heard that 911 call and had the same reaction both times. 

2NJSons....Did you hear this on your local news or the networks? Would like to find it!

Sorry, Mum, just seeing this as my son has been working on the computer all day.  I saw it on a major network, but not sure if it was FoxNews both times.  I heard it on Greta the other night, but heard it played earlier in the case, as well.  (It could have been CBS, NBC, ABC or one of the cable news channels, then)

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #458 on: October 12, 2007, 03:27:21 PM »

911 call/Erin Stanley Case

OldTimer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Edited Erin Stanley 911 call    
http://www.pal-item.com/assets/mp3/A085831918.MP3

The P-I version is above. Those of us who watched Greta van Sustern last night heard a different version.

Now that we know to listen for it, you can hear the edit right after "she's blue".

Did the P-I edit out the next part or were you given an edited tape? (Those are the only two possibilities, right?)

Since I suspect you edited (why would Greta have the full recording and you not?) should you have told us it was not complete?
Jason Truitt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject:    
Yes, OldTimer, we did edit that one line out of the tape. And yes, it would have been best to have a line somewhere saying a couple seconds of the tape had been removed.

We thought we were doing the decent thing to take out that one line. For those who don't agree, I understand your perspective.
(765) 973-4459
------------------------------------------------
I couldn't find the one from Greta.  This is from the Palladium-Item.com forum

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #459 on: October 12, 2007, 03:31:09 PM »

Sorry.  Here is link to the Palladium-Item posting:  http://tinyurl.com/2x3wvd  if someone wants to go back and look at the forum.  The link for the 911 call is in the above posted article.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.