April 28, 2024, 07:52:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #7 9/30 - 10/24/2007  (Read 180989 times)
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #580 on: October 16, 2007, 10:24:43 AM »

Drop off for Lala's

Thanks Old Fart.  I saved it for my collection.  Wink

Has anyone seen Anidac yet?  Yoo Hoo!  Where are you?  I need to talk to you.  I would like to ask you a question.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #581 on: October 16, 2007, 10:31:28 AM »

Good morning  sunny  The little sunshine is wishful thinking this morning.  We've got drizzles and fog.  I guess we had to start having fall eventually.  Yesterday was ninety degrees.  Ahhh, Texas weather... Rolling Eyes

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #582 on: October 16, 2007, 11:29:01 AM »

20,000 disappear in Chicago each year

October 14, 2007
BY MAUDLYNE IHEJIRIKA Staff Reporter/mihejirika@suntimes.com

20,000 disappear in Chicago each year

October 14, 2007
BY MAUDLYNE IHEJIRIKA Staff Reporter/mihejirika@suntimes.com

At an age most kids are in high school, 15-year-old Elsa Feliciano is God knows where.

She's not in school and certainly not at home. She's missing, and has been for three months. Authorities consider the Chicago girl an "endangered runaway."
» Click to enlarge image
Elsa Feliciano

Roughly 20,000 people go missing each year in Chicago.

Though a common perception is that missing people are victims of abductions or other foul play, the truth is most are gone of their own accord and usually turn up fine. The Chicago Police Department's clearance rate on missing persons cases -- 98 percent -- speaks to that reality.

But that figure doesn't diminish the toll on families of those who have vanished, and it doesn't mean that tragedy can't happen -- evidenced by the disappearance and murder of pharmaceutical rep Nailah Franklin, 28, whose case continues to grip the public.

The Chicago Sun-Times has put a spotlight on missing persons -- capturing their stories, seeing what the statistics show and analyzing policing resources.

All this will be laid out in print in coming days in a series titled "Missing in Chicago," the fruit of a three-month investigation.

Starting today, and each day this week, the Sun-Times highlights a different missing persons case from the Chicago region.

Next Sunday, a series of stories will begin, followed by snapshots of other missing persons.

The aim is to inform, and maybe help find Elsa and others.
(snipped)

----------------------------------------
The Sun-Times is to be commended in this effort, imo.  There are so many missing people, and it's  hard to get the word out and keep the momentum going to find them.  It brings to mind the plight of Carolyn, the mother of Clinton Nelson who posts here at Scared Monkeys and is trying to find her son, who's been missing since over a year.  She's trying to find resources and outlets to help her find her son.   The searches can be costly in time and money. How does one go about finding a missing loved one?  The way the Sun-Times is going at it is a good start.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #583 on: October 16, 2007, 10:01:25 PM »

These dentists are smart people..Breasts massages that help a jaw,neck and back problem's..Sounds like he was selective who he gave that massage to Wink

Was having a bah humbug day until I read this. Can't stop laughing. Do you think he billed Delta Dental Insurance??? Laughing

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #584 on: October 16, 2007, 10:05:06 PM »

Am going to copy this and give it to my Dentist! Also going to give it to the physical therapist.
What a hoot! Still laughing... he's lucky and  a wonder someone did have a knee come up from the dentist chair.. but he must have been standing in back or along side.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #585 on: October 16, 2007, 10:06:05 PM »

Good for the Chicago Sun Times started these articles.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #586 on: October 16, 2007, 10:10:02 PM »

Hi IBE!
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #587 on: October 16, 2007, 10:14:31 PM »

Hi all

Keep up the Good Works even in "down times"

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #588 on: October 16, 2007, 10:17:42 PM »

Can't go into details but today I saw greed go against Good.. I know this happens in the world, but there are times the Higher Good should win out. so my bah humbug until I found I was going to the wrong dentist

Is Robots OK... I seem to miss when he posts?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #589 on: October 16, 2007, 10:26:02 PM »

Polly Want a Colt 45        Polly Want a Colt 45      Polly Want a Colt 45
Parrot alerts resident to intruder
Last Update: 3:05 pm
Print Story | Email Story

http://www.keyetv.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=8ae54c82-c005-46b7-b15f-ca77f952e850
A Dallas homeowner shot and killed a would-be burglar and it was all because a pet bird said "Hello."

Police said the homeowner's bird may have saved the day by greeting the alleged burglar with "Hello" when the man walked into the back of the house.

The homeowner told police he heard a noise in his garage about 1:30 a.m. and checked the home's security cameras. The homeowner heard the bird's greeting and knew something was wrong, police said.

On the surveillance monitor, the homeowner spotted the intruder and called 9-1-1, police said.

He confronted the intruder and during a scuffle, he shot the would-be burglar.

As of Sept. 1, Texas homeowners have the right to protect property even if it requires deadly force. Some people call the measure the "castle doctrine," based on the premise a man's home is his castle and that he should have the right to defend it.

Police said the red-headed Mexican parrot also greeted them when they entered the house.

"It's unique. I find it interesting," Det. R. L. Ermatinger with the Dallas Police Department said.

Accordingto the law, the building or vehicle must be occupied at the time for the deadly force provision to apply. Also, the person using force cannot provoke the attacker or be involved in criminal activity at the time.

Investigators say the shooting appears to have been justified and the homeowner won't be charged.

The intruder died at Parkland Memorial Hospital a short time later.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #590 on: October 16, 2007, 10:28:54 PM »

Maybe a better caption for the parrot story would be "You had me at Hello."   

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #591 on: October 16, 2007, 10:37:39 PM »

Maybe a better caption for the parrot story would be "You had me at Hello."   

Laughing Laughing

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #592 on: October 16, 2007, 10:58:25 PM »

Do any of you remember Ruth Buzzi from Rowan and Martin's Laugh In?  I was thinking how funny it would be if the character "Gladys", played by Ruth was accosted in a dental office.  (For TMJ treatment, of course). She would take her purse and whack him.  That's what.  And call him a masher!
Ruth Buzzi (from wiki)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Buzzi
(snip)
Her most famous character was the frowsy spinster "Gladys Ormphby," clad in brown with her bun hairdo covered by a visible hairnet. The character was a well-balanced and believable mix, defending her virginal purity and honor on the one hand, and desperately seeking wild and amorous romance on the other. The "defense" came from her lethal purse, with which she would flail away at anyone who sought to take advantage of her. On Laugh-In, Gladys most often appeared as the unwilling object of the advances of Arte Johnson's "dirty old man" character "Tyrone."

In a typical exchange, Tyrone would accost Gladys and ask, "Do you believe in the hereafter?" Gladys snapped, "Of course I do!" Delighted, Tyrone shot back, "Then you know what I'm here after!"
(snip)

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: October 16, 2007, 11:03:06 PM »

Can't go into details but today I saw greed go against Good.. I know this happens in the world, but there are times the Higher Good should win out. so my bah humbug until I found I was going to the wrong dentist

Is Robots OK... I seem to miss when he posts?

IBE - Robots hasn't been around much, I don't know why.  First he had broken some ribs and was moving.  He stops by and posts every once in a while in the Madeline thread but not often.  I don't know?
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #594 on: October 16, 2007, 11:56:14 PM »

Thanks... sending 911 to ROBOTS Laughing

NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #595 on: October 17, 2007, 01:29:37 AM »

Hi all.

I get a mail from somebody, and get probably soon to Dubaii.
And don't come for a time there.

I wish u all strong with all the missings cases.
Have a good night. Bye

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #596 on: October 17, 2007, 04:13:26 AM »

HUH  am I the only one that didn't understand what NYC Lover wrote ?
  Jerry having difficulty sleeping here so am catching up on the boards .

Hi all.

I get a mail from somebody, and get probably soon to Dubaii.
And don't come for a time there.

I wish u all strong with all the missings cases.
Have a good night. Bye

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #597 on: October 17, 2007, 05:37:55 AM »

Good morning, Jerry.  I'm gonna guess NYC is going to Dubai but won't have to stay long?

I hope Mr. robots is staying out of trees......

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #598 on: October 17, 2007, 10:32:41 AM »

Do any of you remember Ruth Buzzi from Rowan and Martin's Laugh In?  I was thinking how funny it would be if the character "Gladys", played by Ruth was accosted in a dental office.  (For TMJ treatment, of course). She would take her purse and whack him.  That's what.  And call him a masher!
Ruth Buzzi (from wiki)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Buzzi
(snip)
Her most famous character was the frowsy spinster "Gladys Ormphby," clad in brown with her bun hairdo covered by a visible hairnet. The character was a well-balanced and believable mix, defending her virginal purity and honor on the one hand, and desperately seeking wild and amorous romance on the other. The "defense" came from her lethal purse, with which she would flail away at anyone who sought to take advantage of her. On Laugh-In, Gladys most often appeared as the unwilling object of the advances of Arte Johnson's "dirty old man" character "Tyrone."

In a typical exchange, Tyrone would accost Gladys and ask, "Do you believe in the hereafter?" Gladys snapped, "Of course I do!" Delighted, Tyrone shot back, "Then you know what I'm here after!"
(snip)

I could only find a Sesame Street version of Gladys...no using the purse as a weapon, here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-wL9rlCHKg

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #599 on: October 17, 2007, 11:18:49 AM »

Thank you 2NJSons_Mom.  That is hilarious.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.