April 27, 2024, 08:17:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #7 9/30 - 10/24/2007  (Read 180919 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #620 on: October 18, 2007, 09:37:59 AM »

Good Morning Yapp, Muffy and everyone.  Hope ya'll have a wonderful day.

Good Morning Snoopy, Yapp, Muffy, CBB and everyone else I missed.

CBB that breakfast looks good.
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #621 on: October 18, 2007, 09:45:37 AM »

NYC probably went to Dubai to vacation.  You can do some great shopping in Dubai, and there are lots of attractions these days.

Good morning MuffyBee, yes correct probably I went to Dubai for vacation. I will apply soon by a company in Dubai.
I just work hard to make a Curriculum Vitae.
Well yes I know, you get great shopping in Dubai, but only with big money. Wink
Marble floors make that shop stores all very nice. The Palm island from all the world countrys been beautiful to see in pictures.
And don't forget all the realms/rich Sheiks.  Wink And the royal family Al Maktoum of United Arab Emirateses.

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #622 on: October 18, 2007, 10:07:53 AM »

NYC probably went to Dubai to vacation.  You can do some great shopping in Dubai, and there are lots of attractions these days.

You don't suppose she will stay at that beautiful hotel that looks like a huge sailboat do you?  I'd have to be jealous of that if she were to do so.

Anna - No idea, which hotel u mean. But when u mean this hotel Burj Al Arab.
That is very expensive. This 7-ster hotel has price from a lowest luxuriously chamber from 820,00 to 6,000.00 dollar per night.
And the expensives room is more then 15,000.00 dollar per night.
And penthouses rooms been around 40,000.00 to 50,000.00 dollar per night.
http://www.burj-al-arab.com/

Well, when I go for vacation to Dubai, I want sure sleep a time, a night in hotel Burj Al Arab.

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #623 on: October 18, 2007, 10:17:01 AM »

A nurse walked into a bank. Preparing to write a check,
she pulled a rectal-thermometer out of her purse and tried to write with
it.

She looks at the flabbergasted teller and without missing a beat
said, "Well, that's great..........
that's really great..........
Some aholes got my pen"  Shocked

edited for bad word  Wink

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #624 on: October 18, 2007, 10:26:20 AM »

A PRE-SCHOOL TEST FOR YOU

Which way is the bus below traveling?

To the left or to the right?

Can't make up your mind?

Look carefully at the picture again.

Still don't know?

Pre-schoolers all over the United States

were shown this picture asked the same question.

90% of the pre-schooler's gave this answer.

"The bus is traveling to the left."

When asked, "Why do you think the bus is traveling to the left?"

They answered:

"Because you can't see the door to get on the bus." 

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #625 on: October 18, 2007, 10:32:06 AM »

Has anyone seen Anidac?  I am still looking for her.  I do wish she would drop in to say hello.

She was posting about a week ago after a long time missing.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2229.msg289310#msg289310

I never interpreted NYC_Lovers post as running from a stalker...just that NYC wouldn't be around much...guess I didn't associate previous posts with this last one...

Also, OJ is an idiot who escaped murder charges.  He gets dumber by the day.

2NJSons_mom - I am no stalker. NJSons_mom please list what your feeling said about me and my post and don't listen do them.
Thank you.

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #626 on: October 18, 2007, 10:39:14 AM »

Morning Monkeys!! Supposed to be off to work but those old posts Klaas posted in Natalee's thread had me riveted!!
Anyhoo...last minute planning for my Cub Scout Halloween party tonight...any ideas for some fun games or quick crafts?

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #627 on: October 18, 2007, 10:42:48 AM »

Has anyone seen Anidac?  I am still looking for her.  I do wish she would drop in to say hello.

She was posting about a week ago after a long time missing.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2229.msg289310#msg289310

I never interpreted NYC_Lovers post as running from a stalker...just that NYC wouldn't be around much...guess I didn't associate previous posts with this last one...

Also, OJ is an idiot who escaped murder charges.  He gets dumber by the day.

2NJSons_mom - I am no stalker. NJSons_mom please list what your feeling said about me and my post and don't listen do them.
Thank you.

NYC,
Good Morning!  No, she doesn't mean you are the stalker but that one is bothering you.  She is concerned you are being frightened by a stalker.  We know you are NOT one!

Have you been to Dubai before?  I saw photos of a hotel made like a giant sailboat that were beautiful.  Lots of fabulous things are there, very rich place! 

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #628 on: October 18, 2007, 10:59:36 AM »

Have any of you seen a lizard with a blue tongue?  I was sitting out on my deck last evening, and one of my little yorkies was growling and staring at something on the edge of the deck.  I looked over and I saw this lizard head, just bigger than my thumb.  It had it's  mouth wide open, with a rather bulbous looking BLUE tongue sticking out.  It made a hissing noise.  Neither the dog nor the lizard were giving an inch, so I took a small broom and pushed it at the lizard, thinking to just knock it off the deck.  The lizard bit the corn broom and held on~  This is one of those little short brooms.  Great.  So I swung it and shook the broom over a flower bed that is cut out in the deck.  He dropped off and was he ever mad.  He puffed up, kept mouth open and faced me off.  This guy was about 10 inches long, including tail, and it's back half looked very yellow, almost glowing.  It had stripes that went round his body,on the torso area.  Finally he ran under deck.  I googled blue tongue lizard and there are some from Australia.  Couldn't find anything close to it in my searches for Texas.  There was an Alligator Lizard but it didn't look quite right either, and no mention of a blue tongue.  We have various skinks, tree lizards, spiny lizards but I've never seen anything like what I saw last evening.   Shocked  I wonder if someone got it as a pet from pet shop and released it?  I dont' think this is the last I will see of it, because it's right near my bedroom/hot tub.    I don't want to harm it if it isn't poisonous.  I am worried I am going to see one of my yorkies faces with a large lizard attached to it sometime...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #629 on: October 18, 2007, 11:05:21 AM »

NYC,
Good Morning!  No, she doesn't mean you are the stalker but that one is bothering you.  She is concerned you are being frightened by a stalker.  We know you are NOT one!

Have you been to Dubai before?  I saw photos of a hotel made like a giant sailboat that were beautiful.  Lots of fabulous things are there, very rich place! 

Anna - Ok thank you for to tell me the clarity.  Wink
No I never been to Dubai. Just only to Austria, Swiss, France, Germany and the USA.
Swiss and the USA been the nicely country where I ever had been to.
Ah I think that sailboat thing what u mean is a hotel, the Hydropolis hotel is stay in the sea.
Or do u mean the 7-ster hotel Burj Al Arab?
http://www.hydropolis.com/

Well fabulous yes somethings, about swindle from people that don't live there or people that don't do business with people from United Arab Emirates. (Swindle in the financial world with placement societies).
Yes I know Dubai is a very rich place.  Wink

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #630 on: October 18, 2007, 11:08:58 AM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Muffy,

I have no idea on your lizard!  We have blue tailed little bitty ones here and they are I think called glass tailed lizards as their tail will easily break off, allowing them to escape if caught by the tail.  Then I think they grow a new one.

But in this extreme drought, I have had them even come in the house and been told they are looking for water. 

And my Yorkies chase them, too.  So far they haven't caught any but I did catch one once on a glue trap for the mice.  Could yours be what they call a Ghelia monster?  Not sure how to spell that.  Maybe a baby one of something that gets larger?  I would be concerned too because you know the Yorksters will go after it if they get a chance.  Hopefully it went far away after the rude reception it got.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #631 on: October 18, 2007, 11:16:06 AM »

NYC,

It's this one I have seen photos of before.

I could never afford to stay there.  It has fabulous accommodation, however, for the very wealthy it seems.

So much $$$ in such a small place!  My son had a roommate in college from Lebanon and he was in Dubai last we heard from him.

It looks almost too beautiful there to be real!  I hope you have a wonderful vacation!  And glad you enjoyed your visit to this country.  It is so big compared to European countries and even those of us who live here seldom see all of it or even all regions.

Some day I hope to visit the northern sea coast of Holland where my ancestors came from.  I have only been to Amsterdam.  My husband planned the trip to be all Spain and Italy instead. 

I like Dutch butter better than any in the world and wish I could buy it here!

PERSONA NON GRATA

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #632 on: October 18, 2007, 11:19:42 AM »

Anna I don't think the lizard is going anywhere. He didn't seem the type to be run off.. Rolling Eyes  My yorkies were running around out there, sniffing and the little one squeezed under the deck  Shocked  and was rooting around looking for the lizard the next time I let the yorkies out.  I will have to stop up that hole...You and I both know how persistent and sometimes utterly fearless yorkies can be sometimes...     I am going to  try to find out just what this lizard is for my own peace of mind.  It could be endangered or something, but I too want to make sure it isn't a threat to my two little warriors...If it's one of those blue tongue lizards from Australia, the article I read says to watch for them when mowing the lawn.  It says the noise from the mower doesn't scare them away.  Instead, the lizard will turn and face the mower, sticking it's blue tongue out at it and challenging it Shocked Shocked  Oh, great.    Reminds me of that little guy  Timon from Lion King that said "I'm walkin' here!!!" 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #633 on: October 18, 2007, 11:27:32 AM »

Muffy,
I agree that it could be some exotic pet someone released into the wild and it took off from there.  There was something in Florida a few years ago that was not native to the region before and poisonous.  Maybe frogs, I can't remember now.

But those Yorkies will live to get that thing so you are right to try to find out what it is and if it is poisonous.  Yorkies are terriers, too, which means diggers and they will even dig for it.  And they won't forget, either.  Every time you let them out, they will look for it.  They are nothing if not persistent.

PERSONA NON GRATA

NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #634 on: October 18, 2007, 11:35:38 AM »

NYC,

It's this one I have seen photos of before.

I could never afford to stay there.  It has fabulous accommodation, however, for the very wealthy it seems.

So much $$$ in such a small place!  My son had a roommate in college from Lebanon and he was in Dubai last we heard from him.

It looks almost too beautiful there to be real!  I hope you have a wonderful vacation!  And glad you enjoyed your visit to this country.  It is so big compared to European countries and even those of us who live here seldom see all of it or even all regions.

Some day I hope to visit the northern sea coast of Holland where my ancestors came from.  I have only been to Amsterdam.  My husband planned the trip to be all Spain and Italy instead. 

I like Dutch butter better than any in the world and wish I could buy it here!

Anna - Burj Al Arab, is very expensive hotel.
This 7-ster hotel has price from a lowest luxuriously chamber from 820,00 to 6,000.00 dollar per night.
And the expensives room is more then 15,000.00 dollar per night.
And penthouses rooms been around 40,000.00 to 50,000.00 dollar per night.

This is true: It looks almost too beautiful there to be real!

Well, I live not much miles from the Northern Sea Coast and is very nice in the summer, only the water is not so nice to swimm in.
It is salt water. And sometimes cold! We it is good weather, then you can do watersports, kitesurfing, surfing, sailing with a catamaran boat and more sport doing on the water.
Amsterdam is good for shopping, museums and or what u like.
And the most American people come to the Netherlands for to see Amsterdam and the Dutch flowers.
I have no idea, about the butter, if it is here better. I had no butter eat when I was in the USA.

snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #635 on: October 18, 2007, 11:53:27 AM »

CBB  thanks for breakfast   sunny

NYC  Safe travels   Smile

*******    Laughing

ldstlou  howdy   

Muffy   Shocked

Anna  still praying for much needed rain in your area 

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #636 on: October 18, 2007, 12:10:01 PM »

CBB  thanks for breakfast   sunny

NYC  Safe travels   Smile

*******   Laughing

ldstlou  howdy  

Muffy   Shocked

Anna  still praying for much needed rain in your area 

Snoopy, Please continue to pray!  We did have a light rain last night and today it is wonderful for the air is not full of dust.  I don't know what I will do about my grass as I can't afford to sod a yard this big.  I don't even know when to seed so better start finding that out.

Weatherman said this week the drought will last through December.  Mature trees are dying in my yard, like  Douglas Fir.

But we had about half an hour of light rain in the night.  I opened the windows and inhaled it wonderful smell and moisture!

Thanks for caring!

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #637 on: October 18, 2007, 12:17:05 PM »

NYC,

Someone told me the cows have more butterfat in the milk in Holland is what makes the butter wonderful.  I never eat margarine, always real butter as natural products are better.

The Dutch also make the best paint in the world!  That is why the colors in Aruba are so pretty I bet because it is paint from the Netherlands.  Tylergal told me about some you can buy here but it costs like over $100 per gallon but looks sooooo beautiful.  I believe she used it in some of her house, can't remember but the colors were so deep and wonderful.

Maybe goes back to the Grand Master painters but some do pay the high price for that paint.  And I know two other people who said the same for the butter.

Maybe you can get my email from Klaas and email to me and I will tell you the town I want to go to in Holland.  You will have a nice trip to Dubai because it is so spectacular just to see.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #638 on: October 18, 2007, 01:04:19 PM »

Off to work but Muffy, I will try tonight to help you find the monster lizard with the blue tongue.  Don't want any Yorkies in trouble.

PERSONA NON GRATA

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #639 on: October 18, 2007, 01:41:09 PM »

COMEDIAN JOEY BISHOP, LAST OF FRANK SINATRA'S RAT PACK, DIES AT 89

**Watch FOX News Channel or go to http://foxnews.com for more

'FROM HERE TO ETERNITY,' 'THE KING AND I' ACTRESS DEBORAH KERR DIES AT 86

**Watch FOX News Channel or go to http://foxnews.com for more         

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.