April 28, 2024, 07:30:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #7 9/30 - 10/24/2007  (Read 180987 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #680 on: October 19, 2007, 12:59:45 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,303435,00.html

Suspected Pedophile Wanted in Global Manhunt Arrested in Thailand
Friday , October 19, 2007

BANGKOK, Thailand —

The Canadian schoolteacher who became the world's most wanted suspected pedophile was arrested by police Friday in northeastern Thailand, police said.

"Bingo! We've got him," police Maj. Gen. Wimol Powintara told The Associated Press.

The suspect, 32-year-old Christopher Paul Neil, was arrested in the northeastern province of Nakhon Ratchasima and was expected to be brought to the capital, Bangkok, later in the day, Wimol said.

Neil was identified by Thai police this week after digitally scrambled images of a man who police said was him with victims were unscrambled and released by Interpol.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #681 on: October 19, 2007, 07:43:59 AM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/top_stories/story/276759.html

CRIME
Father arrested in girl's '86 killing
A man suspected of killing his daughter and burying her under a floor in 1986 in Miami was caught in Costa Rica.
Posted on Fri, Oct. 19, 2007

BY DAVID OVALLE
dovalle@MiamiHerald.com

Accused of murdering his 2-year-old daughter and burying her corpse under the bedroom floor of their Miami apartment, William Suarez evaded justice for more than two decades in Nicaragua, which does not extradite its citizens.

Then he made a misstep that brought him into the reach of U.S. law: He moved to Costa Rica.

Suarez was arrested there, Miami police said Thursday, and will be returned to South Florida to face a charge of first-degree murder in a grisly case that has haunted detectives for 21 years.

Police say that in 1986, the unemployed construction worker smothered his daughter Elsie because she would not stop crying. After wrapping her in a sheet and burying her under linoleum, he whisked his family back to their native Nicaragua.

In the lore of Miami crime, Elsie's death has been largely forgotten.

Suarez, now 59, had a stormy relationship with his youngest daughter.

For most of her life, they lived apart. She was in Nicaragua; he was in Miami. When Elsie joined him in Miami, she refused to call him ``papa.''

Elsie seemingly responded only to Suarez's brother and his brother's wife, and Suarez also suspected his wife Ruth had conceived Elsie through an affair.

Frequently, Elsie appeared with bruises on her face. His brother-in-law told police that Suarez ``would take Elsie in the backroom and beat her. . . . William did not carry on similar actions toward the other children.''

At a family party, a sister once asked Ruth about a bruise on Elsie's face. ''Ruth told her that Elsie struck her face on a sewing machine,'' a police report said. Family members did not believe the story.

Suarez later told investigators that Elsie filled him with un rencor bastante negro -- a dark, deep-seated resentment.

FATEFUL PHONE CALL

On June 10, 1986, Metro Dade homicide detectives received a phone call from a Coral Gables lawyer, Leonardo Canton.

He told them that a man who used to do work at his house, Jose Lorenzo Vallecillo, confided he feared something terrible had happened to his niece.

The little girl had vanished. Suarez, his wife and two other children abruptly left their Little Havana alley-side apartment, rented by the week.

The flooring in the girl's bedroom had changed. The wall appeared damaged.

Canton asked a private investigator to look into it. The sleuth called Taca Airlines. A manager said Elsie had never boarded the plane to Nicaragua.

Metro Dade detectives soon interviewed Maria Caldera, Suarez's sister.

By phone from Nicaragua, Suarez told her that Elsie had died in a car accident in Mexico City during a layover. The flight does not stop in Mexico City, Caldera shot back.

He finally told Caldera that the little girl had fallen in the bathtub and died and that he had buried her under the bedroom floor.

Suarez claimed that if he called police, ''they would have accused him of killing [Elsie] because he had battered her in the past,'' according to an arrest warrant.

Metro detectives quickly drove to the apartment at 1325 SW 14th St.

They dialed an on-call prosecutor -- Katherine Rundle, now the Miami-Dade state attorney -- who told them a search warrant was not needed because Suarez had left the country.

Because the girl had died in the apartment, the investigation was turned over to counterparts at Miami police.

Miami homicide Detective Luis Albuerne was the lead investigator.

'SPOOKY' ASSIGNMENT

In the dark morning hours of June 11, Miami firefighters used a saw to crack open a five-by-five-foot opening in the tile. Detectives sifted dirt by hand.

Homicide Sgt. Tom Watterson recalled at the time: ``It's the strangest thing I've done in my life. You feel spooky.

``You have to dig slow because you don't want to stick the shovel into anything. I used my hands and a pot from the kitchen. Then I started using my fingers.''

Five feet down, they found Elsie's tiny body wrapped in a white sheet.

Associate Medical Examiner Dr. Jay Barnhart ruled the death a homicide, and that child abuse syndrome had contributed to her demise.

On July 13, after arranging travel documents with the State Department, Albuerne and Detective Andy Arostegui boarded a flight for Managua.

They arrived during a tense time. The Sandinistas were preparing to celebrate the seventh anniversary of their rule. The two stayed with a U.S. Embassy security official. Gunfire erupted nightly between anti-communist rebels and Sandinistas.

For several tedious days, Albuerne and Arostegui waited inside the embassy, watching television, waiting for Managua authorities to grant them an audience.

Finally, on July 17, the detectives met with a Nicaraguan lieutenant in a police office. A framed photo of Lenin hung on the wall.

The Nicaraguans listened patiently. No extradition treaty exists between the two countries, the detectives were told. But Nicaraguan police said they had already interviewed Suarez at the urging of the suspected killer's mother-in-law.

Suarez told Nicaraguan Officer Freddy Lopez this story, according to the case file:

Early in May, Elsie had begun crying. She had soiled herself.

Suarez had carried her to the bathroom. She kept screaming. Suarez began to beat her ''savagely.'' The cries did not stop.

Suarez heard a noise outside. He poked his head out the window. A police car cruised past. The agitated father dipped back inside, pressing his hand over her mouth until her struggling body went limp.

Suarez called his wife, Ruth. He told her he tried saving Elsie, but she drowned. They would hide her death, telling anyone who asked that the girl had died in an auto accident.

Elsie, he said, would be buried under her crib, under the linoleum.

BECOMES A COLD CASE

Nicaraguan police promised the Miami detectives he would be arrested on infanticide charges -- he was briefly detained but was later released because authorities there did not have enough evidence.

''It didn't surprise me, because I didn't see any real urgency for any action the days we were there,'' Arostegui said.

In the ensuing decades, Suarez remained at large.

Detective Albuerne has retired. Arostegui spent nine years in uniformed patrol before returning to homicide -- as a cold case investigator.

In 2004, he began consulting with Assistant State Attorneys Barbra Pineiro and Hillah Katz-Mendez. An arrest warrant was issued for Suarez.

International dialogue began. Lopez, the Nicaraguan officer who took Suarez's confession, was willing to cooperate.

Authorities soon learned Suarez had moved legally to Costa Rica, a stroke of luck. Now, he could be extradited.

''In homicide, you always work one or two cases that stay with you, and this case has done that to me,'' Arostegui said. ``This is an innocent little girl killed at the hands of her own father, and her mother had knowledge of the homicide.''

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #682 on: October 19, 2007, 07:52:31 AM »

Good morning  sunny  Happy Friday, Monkeys 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #683 on: October 19, 2007, 10:29:15 AM »

T.G.I.F    Monkeys  !!

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Altruist
Monkey Junky

« Reply #684 on: October 19, 2007, 11:02:11 AM »

Good morning  sunny  Happy Friday, Monkeys 

http://Http://www.reptilesweb.com/images/stories/datso_pictures/med_BlueTongueSkink.jpg      Love this Google image search

row 3 fourth photo is a great photo
row 3 3rd photo has lots of info as reflected below is part:

Origin: Most blue-tongue skinks probably come from New Guinea. They also are found in Australia and Tasmania, but since Australia pretty much prohibits the export of all animals ours probably come from New Guinea.

Temperature: Since you dropped some big bucks on your blue-tongue skink, you better keep him warm. You can warm them up like an iguana. Shoot for a 75 to 85 degree gradient. Then add a basking light at one end to make it even warmer. Make sure he can get away from the hot spot. You don't want to dry him out.

Size: Blue-tongue skinks grow to 24-inches depending on whether you measure yours from snout to vent or from snout to end of tail. And since you won't know his full growth for 15 years, let's just say he grows to a nice handleable size.

Blue-tongue skinks would be as popular as bearded dragons if they didn't cost five to ten times as much. Blue-tongues have a very nice personality, once they get to know you. At first they run from you, open their mouth threateningly, and hiss louder than a herd of Madagascar cockroaches.

Omnivores: "Omnivore" means he eats both plant and animal matter. Young blue-tongue skinks like the wiggly foods -- crickets, mealworms, other bugs, and probably an entire laundry list of other live foods. But make sure you give them plenty of salad bar foods. They also like fruit. We like the convenience of the food cubes that come in pouches. They keep well in the fridge until you need them. Frozen vegetables can cause some real problems so avoid feeding them on a regular basis. Occasional small feedings of nearly anything rarely hurt.

Thought this may help, you may want to coral him or sounds like the fall/winter temps. could terminate his/her existence.  If this is what is visiting you, sounds valuable, underlined that info for you, very loud too, huh?
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #685 on: October 19, 2007, 11:11:51 AM »

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #686 on: October 19, 2007, 11:28:13 AM »

Thank you Altruist for the link.  "Gene" resembles the description and photo from the link.  I think I will try to see if I can capture him for his own safety, if nothing else.  I will have to research on just how to do that.  I might see if I can find someone locally that has a strong interest in lizards and see if they can help, so he isn't harmed.  And then my yorkies can have their back yard again...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: October 19, 2007, 12:10:42 PM »

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2007/10/explosion_levels_irvington_hou.html

1 dead, 5 injured in blast that leveled 2 Irvington homes
by Justin Anderson and Reginald Roberts
Friday October 19, 2007, 11:23 AM

At least one person was killed and five were injured this morning in an Irvington explosion that leveled two houses and left authorities scrambling to free survivors from smoldering rubble, authorities said.

The 7:30 a.m. blast emanated from an unoccupied three-family house under construction near the Newark-Irvington border, reducing it to a pile of wood. The blast also destroyed a six-family abandoned house next door, shattered windows in surrounding houses and blew doors off their hinges.

"The earth shook. Debris was falling from the sky," said Sterling Lovelle, who lives near the blast, which occurred on 20th Avenue, between 21st and 22nd Streets.

(snipped)

Hope 2NJ doesn't live anywhere near this!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: October 19, 2007, 12:24:41 PM »

Shocked Shocked

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #689 on: October 19, 2007, 01:02:26 PM »

At least one person was killed and five were injured this morning in an Irvington explosion that leveled two houses and left authorities scrambling to free survivors from smoldering rubble, authorities said.

The 7:30 a.m. blast emanated from an unoccupied three-family house under construction near the Newark-Irvington border, reducing it to a pile of wood. The blast also destroyed a six-family abandoned house next door, shattered windows in surrounding houses and blew doors off their hinges.

"The earth shook. Debris was falling from the sky," said Sterling Lovelle, who lives near the blast, which occurred on 20th Avenue, between 21st and 22nd Streets.

(snipped)

We're about 50 miles northwest of Irvington.  Scarey stuff....

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: October 19, 2007, 01:33:18 PM »

(snipped)

We're about 50 miles northwest of Irvington.  Scary stuff....

Good to hear you aren't anywhere near it!  Yes, very scary stuff!
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #691 on: October 19, 2007, 05:37:43 PM »

Wanda's dishwasher quit working so she called a repairman. Since she had to go to work the next day, she told the repairman, 'I'll leave the key under the mat. Fix the dishwasher, leave the bill on the counter, and I'll mail you a check .'

'Oh, by the way don't worry about my dog Spike. He won't bother you. But, whatever you do, do NOT, under ANY circumstances, talk to my parrot!' 'I REPEAT; DO NOT TALK TO MY PARROT!!!'

When the repairman arrived at Wanda's apartment the following day, he discovered the biggest, meanest looking dog he has ever seen. But, just as she had said, the dog just lay there on the carpet watching the repairman go about his work.

The parrot, however, drove him nuts the whole time with his incessant yelling, cursing and name calling. Finally the repairman couldn't contain himself any longer and yelled,

'Shut up, you stupid, ugly bird!'

To which the parrot replied, 'Get him, Spike!'  Shocked

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #692 on: October 19, 2007, 06:27:36 PM »

yippee this week is over

And I think I found crazybabyborg's secret site

http://www.3dborg.com/forum/posting.php?mode=smilies&sid=5a17b06b7740d0601581f23304aee29d

It even has a New San in the works (I Think)

Oh   Hi monkeys

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #693 on: October 19, 2007, 06:31:54 PM »

Howdy OF, and a warm "happy weekend" to all the other monkeys!

******* started it, and now I am forced to chime in...

Ed and Dorothy met while vacationing on a cruise ship, and Ed fell head over heels in love with her. On the last night of his vacation the two of them went to dinner and had a serious talk about how they would continue the relationship.

"It's only fair to warn you, I'm a total golf nut." Ed said to his lady friend. "I eat, sleep and breathe golf. So if that's a problem, you better say so now"

Dorothy responded, "Well, if we're being totally honest with each other, here goes...I'm a hooker."

"I see" Ed replied, and he was quiet for a moment...

Ed then spoke up. "You know, it's probably because you're not keeping your wrists straight when you tee off."
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: October 19, 2007, 06:33:54 PM »

yippee this week is over

And I think I found crazybabyborg's secret site

http://www.3dborg.com/forum/posting.php?mode=smilies&sid=5a17b06b7740d0601581f23304aee29d

It even has a New San in the works (I Think)

Oh   Hi monkeys

Hi oldfart.  Now this is what I call a gun
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #695 on: October 19, 2007, 06:37:43 PM »

Good One Dugga!!  Laughing

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #696 on: October 19, 2007, 06:42:49 PM »

Hi all 
SAN  I see you went for the BIG Gun... I liked the little one cause you can see the spent shells popping out 
and this one for  some reason     Rolling Eyes

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #697 on: October 19, 2007, 06:45:51 PM »

I guess it is joke day here... This was sent to me today...

A Cabbie picks up a Nun.

The Nun gets into the cab, and notices that the VERY handsome
cab driver won't stop staring at her.

She asks him why he is staring.

He replies: "I have a question to ask you but I don't want to offend you."

She answers,
"My son, you cannot offend me. When you're as old as I am
and have been a nun as long as I have, you get a chance to see and
hear just about everything. I'm sure that there's nothing you could
say or ask that I would find offensive."

"Well, I've always had a fantasy to have a nun kiss me."

She responds, "Well, let's see what we can do about that: #1, you have
to be single and #2, you must be Catholic."

The cab driver is very excited and says, "Yes, I'm single and Catholic!"

"OK" the nun says. "Pull into the next alley."

The nun fulfills his fantasy, with a kiss that would make a hooker blush.

But when they get back on the road, the cab driver starts crying.

"My dear child," says the nun, "why are you crying?"

"Forgive me but I've sinned. I lied and I must confess, I'm married and I'm Jewish."

The nun says, "That's OK.
My name is Bill".  I'm going to a Halloween party.

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #698 on: October 19, 2007, 06:48:48 PM »

Shocked  Razz That reminds me of a leprechaun joke I have but its a little to adult for this forum  Wink

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #699 on: October 19, 2007, 07:08:23 PM »

Shocked  Razz That reminds me of a leprechaun joke I have but its a little to adult for this forum  Wink

LOL 

HI folks.
I know how yah feel Obs.. most of the jokes I have in emails are . umm.. dirty.. cant post here..lol
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.