April 28, 2024, 12:03:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #7 9/30 - 10/24/2007  (Read 180969 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #740 on: October 20, 2007, 01:34:09 PM »

NYC,

Thank you for that information.  She was such a beautiful child.  This is so sad.  I would have loved to have had a little girl like her.  I only have sons, no daughters.  It is even sadder that her parents may be involved.

Tonight I may look her up on Google and learn more as it does sound interesting and I am interested if the parents were ever tried or what happened about that.

Thanks!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #741 on: October 20, 2007, 01:57:41 PM »

NYC,

Thank you for that information.  She was such a beautiful child.  This is so sad.  I would have loved to have had a little girl like her.  I only have sons, no daughters.  It is even sadder that her parents may be involved.

Tonight I may look her up on Google and learn more as it does sound interesting and I am interested if the parents were ever tried or what happened about that.

Thanks!

You are welcome. I understand about her, she seems nice in picture.
And well sons been another the daughters.
Daughters with make up, hair, clothes, talking about boys, and another things what girls like.
And boys with, football and ect.
Well yes it is sad that parents been involved in cases.

I hope when u go google, u can find something in English. When not, let me know.

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
crazybabyborg
« Reply #742 on: October 20, 2007, 03:52:40 PM »

Alabama Football: 5 Players Suspended

http://www.myfoxal.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=4693714&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Big game against Tennessee today.  This is NOT good news at all.  Not at all.

My son's at the game, and I suppose the "bad news" is in the eye of the beholder, Anna!  Wink Laughing
It hasn't seemed to hurt a thing for them!  Sad
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 03:54:56 PM by crazybabyborg » Logged
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #743 on: October 20, 2007, 07:16:03 PM »

Sounds like my house -- but the weather is warmer Laughing

DH used to live in Mass. Still has family in Mass.

But I hope your Patriots are up to the frightening challenge of the Dolphins tomorrow  Laughing 

Bwahaha..I expect it to be over at halftime  Razz WHo's suitin up tommorow as your QB?  Razz  Cool

Lemmon. But I'm thinking of volunteering  Razz

I think we should beg Marino -- after all, look what Testeverde did.

Dolphins ended Green's season today.

Our only hope is that the Pat's are spending this evening partying on South Beach. That's our only defense this season Laughing Laughing

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #744 on: October 20, 2007, 07:52:54 PM »

But I hope your Patriots are up to the frightening challenge of the Dolphins tomorrow  Laughing 

Bwahaha..I expect it to be over at halftime  Razz WHo's suitin up tommorow as your QB?  Razz  Cool

Our only hope is that the Pat's are spending this evening partying on South Beach. That's our only defense this season Laughing Laughing

Laughing
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #745 on: October 20, 2007, 08:46:33 PM »

Laughing

LOL!! Laurence Taylor back in the 80's use to send call girls to the opponents best players hotel rooms. He said it worked well Surprised  Well I think that just about does it for Trent Green..Hopefully other QB's learned a lesson and dont try to tackle 300lb lineman knees with there heads Sad

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #746 on: October 20, 2007, 08:53:46 PM »

Speaking of sports!!!!
Our soccer team won!!! 2-1. Both teams were undefeated..now only we are!!! WE'RE #1!!!!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #747 on: October 20, 2007, 08:56:54 PM »

http://www.myfoxal.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=4693714&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

what exactly is impermissable receipt of textbooks??!!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #748 on: October 20, 2007, 10:01:26 PM »

Lisa ~  that means the 5 football players were given free textbooks.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #749 on: October 20, 2007, 11:18:13 PM »

Just had to post this one Laughing Laughing

A fifteen year-old boy came home with a new Chevrolet Avalanche and his parents began to yell and scream, "Where did you get that truck???!!!" He calmly told them, "I bought it today."
"With what money?" demanded his parents They knew what a Chevrolet Avalanche cost.
"Well," said the boy, "this one cost me fifteen dollars." So the parents began to yell even louder. "Who would sell a truck like that for fifteen dollars?" they said.
"It was the lady up the street," said the boy. I don't know her name - they just moved in. She saw me ride past on my bike and asked me if I wanted to buy a Chevrolet Avalanche for fifteen dollars."
"Oh my Goodness!," moaned the mother, "she must be a child abuser. Who knows what she will do next? John, you go right up there and see what's going on." So the boy's father walked up the street to the house where the lady lived and found her out in the yard calmly planting petunias! He introduced himself as the father of the boy to whom she had sold a new Chevrolet Avalanche for fifteen dollars and demanded to know why she did it.
"Well," she said, "this morning I got a phone call from my husband. I thought he was on a coffee break, but learned from a friend he had run off to Hawaii with his mistress and really doesn't intend to come back. He claimed he was stranded and asked me to sell his new Chevrolet Avalanche and send him the money. So I did."
(Are women good or what?)

2 4 1
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #750 on: October 20, 2007, 11:23:03 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #751 on: October 20, 2007, 11:30:10 PM »

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #752 on: October 21, 2007, 08:58:25 AM »

I found this to be a very interesting article.  It menti9ons Natalee briefly.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/2003960134_loss210.html?syndication=rss

How do families mourn loved ones they're not sure are really gone?By Rebecca Morris

Special to The Seattle Times

PREV  of  NEXT

ELLEN M. BANNER / THE SEATTLE TIMES

Beverly Burr's daughter Ann disappeared from the family's Tacoma home in 1961, when Ann was 8. She's never been found. Burr still thinks of her daughter every day.

Related

Coping strategies

IT STORMED THAT NIGHT, hiding any sounds that might be heard in a big house.

Sometime late on Aug. 31, 1961, 8-year-old Ann Burr brought her younger sister to their parents' bedroom. Mary was crying because she had gotten sand under the cast on her broken arm, and it itched. Beverly and Donald Burr reassured her and sent the girls back to bed.

The next morning, Beverly went to check on the children. Mary was asleep in her bed, but across the hall, Ann's room was empty. Beverly found a living-room window ajar and the front door, usually locked from the inside with a deadbolt, standing open. A bench had been pulled up outside the window. Someone had climbed in, then left through the front door with Ann. The abduction of the blond girl with bangs and a ready smile was Tacoma's biggest story of 1961. But months, then years, then decades passed. Beverly and Donald Burr had no body to bury, no cemetery to visit and no end to this devastating and complex grief. They suffered what psychotherapist and author Pauline Boss calls "ambiguous loss."

"Ambiguous loss is any kind of loss with no clear information on the status of a missing person," Boss explains. "People are denied the symbolic rituals that ordinarily help us cope with a loss, such as a funeral."

Ambiguous loss is not new — wars are especially cruel in creating it — but the study of it is. Boss calls it a grief that defies closure. It's a grief shared by many of the families of the missing that capture our attention: six men still trapped deep inside a Utah mine; Steve Fossett, the millionaire adventurer who vanished on a solo flight; Natalee Holloway, the Alabama teenager who went missing in Aruba.

Keeping hope alive

Families of the missing are members of a unique brotherhood. Many are afraid to move in case their child, now grown, tries to find them. They keep phone numbers unchanged for decades. They preserve their child's bedroom just as it was. They live as if their loved one might knock on the door any day.

That's the way it has been for the family of Air Force Col. John Robertson, a father of four from Edmonds who was shot down over North Vietnam in 1966.

"He was always kept alive in the family," says his daughter, Shelby Quast, who was 4 when her father disappeared. Her mother, Barbara Robertson, still celebrates her wedding anniversary. She kept money set aside so she could buy her husband a new wardrobe and a Mercedes when he returned.

She encouraged her daughters to travel to Cambodia and Vietnam, investigating sightings of him in work camps.

After all these years, Quast, an attorney in Virginia, says if there were news of her father, she would pursue it, "But in a different way. I'd say, 'Prove it to me.' You can't say, 'Enough, I give up.' I would never say that. We always thought he was alive."

"I hate that closure thing"

"When I first saw that window open, I knew I would never see her again," Beverly Burr says. "I knew I would never know what happened."

In the faded newspaper clippings about Ann's disappearance, Beverly is a pretty blonde of 33, mother of four photogenic children. Burr is 79 now, and her hair is gray, but her memories of that period remain sharp.

Near the television where she watches "Dancing With the Stars" are albums filled with faded newspaper clippings. There are the first stories about Ann's disappearance, a missing-persons poster, stories about sightings of Ann in California, even the obituaries of the two lead detectives who had vowed to find Ann.

And there are more personal items: Ann's second-grade report card with a note from a teacher about how well she expects the girl to do in third grade; a newspaper story about Beverly and Donald adopting a baby girl, Laura, two years after Ann disappeared; and a photo of an azalea sent by author Ann Rule, who mentioned the Burrs in her book about Ted Bundy. There is even a page of photos of the Puyallup woman who showed up in 1994 claiming to be Ann. DNA tests showed she wasn't.

As time passed, the Burrs' friends or acquaintances would suggest that it might be time to move on, time to not think about Ann so much. "I don't pay any attention to that," Beverly says with a dismissive wave of her hand. "I hate that closure thing."

Criminal folklore has it that a 14-year-old named Ted Bundy was the Burrs' paperboy; he wasn't. But his uncle lived nearby, Ted visited and Ann passed the house on her way to and from piano lessons. Beverly doesn't know if Ann and Ted knew each other.

In the 1980s, when Bundy was on death row, he admitted to 35 murders but hinted there were far more. Beverly Burr wrote to Bundy, and they began a correspondence. In one letter, Bundy wrote: "Again, and finally, I did not abduct your daughter. I had nothing to do with her disappearance. If there is still something you wish to ask me about this, please don't hesitate to write again. God bless you and be with you. Peace, Ted."

Building resilience

Learning to live with the loss is the key to moving forward, even if that means keeping hope alive for decades.

"The only way to survive is to keep two opposing thoughts, to straddle between hope and hopelessness," according to Boss, psychotherapist and professor emeritus of the Department of Family Social Science at the University of Minnesota.

The author of two books on ambiguous loss, she has researched and worked with 4,000 families around the world — including families who lost a loved one on Sept. 11, wives of pilots missing in Vietnam and of husbands lost at sea, and families in Kosovo where thousands of people have been missing since ethnic cleansing in the 1990s. She has expanded the focus of her research to work with families coping with the psychological absence of a loved one; for example, the families of patients with Alzheimer's.

If the ambiguous loss can't be resolved — and often, it can't — then the goal is to increase the resilience of those left behind. That happens by forming new attachments, and finding a new identity and new things to hope for. Those who don't, or can't, risk serious depression and broken relationships. Boss is convinced that unresolved grief is responsible for many personal problems.

Boss says it was a Minnesota couple, Elizabeth and Kenny Klein, who showed her how people with ambiguous grief go on.

In November 1951, three of the Kleins' four young sons, ages 4, 6 and 8, disappeared while playing by the Mississippi River. Although two of their caps were found in the river, the family is convinced the boys didn't drown, but were abducted. For a while the couple placed an ad in the newspaper — "Lost: Three Boys" — hoping one of the boys would see it and contact them.

Today, 56 years later, Elizabeth (Betty to her friends) continues to believe that one, or maybe all three, will someday walk through her door. Kenny Klein believed it too, to the day he died in 2005. "Course, they wouldn't know me now," Betty laughs, alluding to her age, 82. "And they would be in their 60s."

To many, such a declaration 56 years later might seem unbearably sad. But Boss says what makes the Kleins good teachers is that they exhibit hope tempered with reality. "They found a way to balance hanging on with letting go."

The power of a gesture

When there is no body to bury, symbolic gestures are important. After the search for the trapped miners in Utah was called off, families and friends stood on a hill and released a golden eagle into the sky. Boss has worked with families who have buried a favorite guitar in a coffin, or a husband's bowling ball. After Sept. 11, families were offered a vial of dirt from Ground Zero, which many found helpful and meaningful. The Burrs finally held a memorial for Ann in 1999.

Beverly says that after Ann vanished, what sustained her were the other children, all younger than Ann. "They needed me very much, and I had to remember that." Also helpful during a long police investigation: gardening and her Catholic faith. She made sure to add "And bless our little Ann" to any prayer.

During the 1999 memorial service, Ann's younger sister Julie — who along with her brother Greg, slept soundly that night in 1961 — thanked her parents. "You probably wanted to crawl into bed and bury your head as each day and year passed with no answer," she told them. "But instead you gathered strength and provided us with a wonderful childhood."

Julie was right about her parents wanting to hide, Beverly says.

"I think the hardest thing is that it was in our minds every minute, but school was starting. We, Donald and I, couldn't have cared less, but we had to pretend for the sake of the children. They were so young and they were terrified and would ask, 'Will he come and get us, too?' "

Donald Burr died four years ago. Since then Beverly has moved to a small, bright-blue house. Her son lives on Fox Island, and her daughters live in Bellingham; Seattle; and Albany, Ore.

Beverly thinks of Ann first thing, every day. But except for the albums, Ann has no more prominence in the house than Julie, Laura, Mary or Greg. Now there are pictures of grandchildren — about Ann's age then — on Beverly's refrigerator. In her den are photos of all the children. Ann, whether in her Blue Bird uniform, or with Santa Claus, or with her dog Barney, remains 8 years old.

There is only one other thing frozen in time. Beverly Burr's phone number is the same one the family had in 1961. She has never changed it, just in case.

Rebecca Morris has been a broadcast and print journalist for 33 years. She teaches journalism at Bellevue Community College.

Copyright © 2007 The Seattle Times Company

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #753 on: October 21, 2007, 09:08:47 AM »

Holy crap!! And they are suspending them for that?? Give me a break!!

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #754 on: October 21, 2007, 09:19:08 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!!
Have to work all day but wanted to make a quick stop here to read Natalee's birthday wishes. CBB, yours gave me goosebumps, it was beautiful!!
Have a good day all. I will be thinking of Natalee all day long.
Happy Birthday Natalee!!

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #755 on: October 21, 2007, 09:50:04 AM »

Monkeys

Just dropping in for a bit to check my coustume  Rolling Eyes

Maybe I should just use  this     Laughing

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #756 on: October 21, 2007, 10:45:25 AM »

There are strict NCAA rules.  It would seem sometimes they are totally disregarded, such as when football players receive a salary and do not do the work.    Or they get a new car.  Things like that.  And then there are things that happen that would be considered unintentional or someone wasn't aware of the rules.  Here is such a link, about some students that got free textbooks in summer classes:  http://www.ncaa.org/releases/infractions/2002010801in.htm 
(snipped)
Committee Rationale

As indicated earlier, there was no dispute regarding the facts of this finding and that violations of NCAA legislation occurred. The investigation revealed that, each summer term during the period 1995 to 2000, women's basketball student-athletes who attended the university's summer classes were instructed to obtain their textbooks from the bookstore in question. During the regular academic year, each of these student-athletes received a full athletic grant-in-aid, which included the cost of textbooks. However, during the summer, these student-athletes received a dollar amount only sufficient to cover the cost of tuition and fees and an additional $50 - $100 dollars to help defray other expenses. These additional funds could be applied to the cost of textbooks, but was not enough to completely cover these costs. The provision of the cost-free textbooks under these circumstances is considered an extra benefit.

This violation was discovered by the assistant director for compliance as a result of an August 18, 2000, telephone conversation with the women's basketball secretary. It was during this conversation that the secretary inadvertently told the assistant director for compliance that the bookstore in question had always provided free textbooks for women's basketball student-athletes attending summer school. After reporting this information to the director of athletics a call was placed to the owner of the bookstore.

The owner of the bookstore confirmed that he had and has been providing books for the women's basketball team for many years starting with the tenure of a former head women's basketball coach. The bookstore owner reported that the head women's basketball coach provided a list of names each summer of those student-athletes who were to receive the free textbooks. The student-athletes, in turn, were instructed to go to this particular bookstore to receive the texts for their summer term classes. According to the bookstore owner, the books were usually returned at the conclusion of the summer term. The owner of the bookstore was instructed by the director of athletics to immediately end the practice of providing free textbooks to student-athletes.

Because the student-athletes had all been on full scholarships during the regular academic term, they assumed the receipt of free textbooks was permissible. Five current women's basketball student-athletes received this impermissible benefit. It should be noted that when questioned, the student-athletes did not know what, exactly, was included in their summer financial aid package. Each student-athlete has been required to make restitution based on the actual resale value of the books in order to have their eligibility reinstated.

III. SELF-IMPOSED CORRECTIVE ACTIONS AND PENALTIES.

Consistent with the summary disposition process, the committee adopted the self-imposed corrective actions and penalties proposed by the institution; no other penalties were imposed by the committee. The actions the university has taken, or will take, include the following:

The athletics department will increase avenues of rules education for all department staff members and representatives of the institution's athletics interests. Education of the later group will primarily be through educational mailers and access via the internet.

The current student-athletes who received the impermissible extra benefits were declared ineligible and required to make restitution to a charitable organization in order to regain their eligibility.

All full-time women's basketball coaching staff members were given a letter of reprimand from the director of athletics concerning their role in the violations.

All full-time women's basketball coaching staff members were required to attend a NCAA Regional Compliance Seminar during the spring of 2001 at their own expense.

The women's basketball team was not permitted to appear in any regular season televised game during the 2000-01 season.
(snipped)

http://www.ncaa.org/releases/infractions/2002010801in.htm

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #757 on: October 21, 2007, 11:43:22 AM »

Louise & IBE and anyone else in the Los Angeles area - please check in and let us know you are OK.  High winds and fire today.  Doesn't look good for the Malibu area:

Several Wildfires Torch Southern California
Sunday , October 21, 2007

SANTA CLARITA, Calif.  —

At least three out-of-control wildfires roared through separate parts of southern California Sunday, consuming about 500 acres in northeast Los Angeles County and forcing evacuations in Malibu, authorities said.

The first fire broke out late Saturday in the hills west of the Golden State Freeway in the Angeles National Forest, said Los Angeles County Fire Inspector Jason Hurd.

The blaze burned a shed but no homes or other structures were immediately threatened and the fire was burning toward the southwest away from the freeway, Hurd said.

A second fire early Sunday morning has forced the evacuation of Pepperdine University.

A third fire is threatening 30 acres of homes and rances in the Chatsworth/Porter Ranch area. Evacuation of this location is underway.

Wildfires were widely expected in Southern California over the weekend as hot weather and heavy Santa Ana winds marked the height of traditional wildfire season after one of the driest rain years on record.

NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #758 on: October 21, 2007, 12:07:10 PM »

Goodmorning all.
How is everbody doing today?

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #759 on: October 21, 2007, 12:13:10 PM »

There are strict NCAA rules.  It would seem sometimes they are totally disregarded, such as when football players receive a salary and do not do the work.    Or they get a new car.  Things like that.  And then there are things that happen that would be considered unintentional or someone wasn't aware of the rules.  Here is such a link, about some students that got free textbooks in summer classes:  http://www.ncaa.org/releases/infractions/2002010801in.htm 
(snipped)
Committee Rationale

As indicated earlier, there was no dispute regarding the facts of this finding and that violations of NCAA legislation occurred. The investigation revealed that, each summer term during the period 1995 to 2000, women's basketball student-athletes who attended the university's summer classes were instructed to obtain their textbooks from the bookstore in question. During the regular academic year, each of these student-athletes received a full athletic grant-in-aid, which included the cost of textbooks. However, during the summer, these student-athletes received a dollar amount only sufficient to cover the cost of tuition and fees and an additional $50 - $100 dollars to help defray other expenses. These additional funds could be applied to the cost of textbooks, but was not enough to completely cover these costs. The provision of the cost-free textbooks under these circumstances is considered an extra benefit.

This violation was discovered by the assistant director for compliance as a result of an August 18, 2000, telephone conversation with the women's basketball secretary. It was during this conversation that the secretary inadvertently told the assistant director for compliance that the bookstore in question had always provided free textbooks for women's basketball student-athletes attending summer school. After reporting this information to the director of athletics a call was placed to the owner of the bookstore.

The owner of the bookstore confirmed that he had and has been providing books for the women's basketball team for many years starting with the tenure of a former head women's basketball coach. The bookstore owner reported that the head women's basketball coach provided a list of names each summer of those student-athletes who were to receive the free textbooks. The student-athletes, in turn, were instructed to go to this particular bookstore to receive the texts for their summer term classes. According to the bookstore owner, the books were usually returned at the conclusion of the summer term. The owner of the bookstore was instructed by the director of athletics to immediately end the practice of providing free textbooks to student-athletes.

Because the student-athletes had all been on full scholarships during the regular academic term, they assumed the receipt of free textbooks was permissible. Five current women's basketball student-athletes received this impermissible benefit. It should be noted that when questioned, the student-athletes did not know what, exactly, was included in their summer financial aid package. Each student-athlete has been required to make restitution based on the actual resale value of the books in order to have their eligibility reinstated.

III. SELF-IMPOSED CORRECTIVE ACTIONS AND PENALTIES.

Consistent with the summary disposition process, the committee adopted the self-imposed corrective actions and penalties proposed by the institution; no other penalties were imposed by the committee. The actions the university has taken, or will take, include the following:

The athletics department will increase avenues of rules education for all department staff members and representatives of the institution's athletics interests. Education of the later group will primarily be through educational mailers and access via the internet.

The current student-athletes who received the impermissible extra benefits were declared ineligible and required to make restitution to a charitable organization in order to regain their eligibility.

All full-time women's basketball coaching staff members were given a letter of reprimand from the director of athletics concerning their role in the violations.

All full-time women's basketball coaching staff members were required to attend a NCAA Regional Compliance Seminar during the spring of 2001 at their own expense.

The women's basketball team was not permitted to appear in any regular season televised game during the 2000-01 season.
(snipped)

http://www.ncaa.org/releases/infractions/2002010801in.htm

That is absolute insanity...imho!!! Holy cow!!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.