April 28, 2024, 01:16:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #7 9/30 - 10/24/2007  (Read 180973 times)
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #900 on: October 23, 2007, 07:02:56 PM »

Not sure if this belongs here or not..
Convicted sex offender attempts to castrate himself 
http://www.sj-r.com/News/stories/18634.asp

Shocked  ouch

I say, OLDF...your eyes are creeeeeeepy......

Thanks MuffyBee
CBB does wonders with what I have to work with  Wink

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #901 on: October 23, 2007, 07:50:38 PM »

Klaas,
I don't suppose you have any disposable surgical masks?  Even painters masks would help.  You can get pneumonia from all that smoke and soot.  Even gauze will make a makeshift mask in a pinch.  This is predicted to last at least until Thursday so hope you can find something to prevent breathing the debris.  Can be like cowboys with kerchief over nose and mouth but gauze would be my suggestion as it is so easy to breathe through and not as hot as other things.

I head on Shep on Fox that humidity is 10% in some areas.  I can't even imagine that as it is so humid here all the time even in drought.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #902 on: October 23, 2007, 07:56:54 PM »

Klaas,
I don't suppose you have any disposable surgical masks?  Even painters masks would help.  You can get pneumonia from all that smoke and soot.  Even gauze will make a makeshift mask in a pinch.  This is predicted to last at least until Thursday so hope you can find something to prevent breathing the debris.  Can be like cowboys with kerchief over nose and mouth but gauze would be my suggestion as it is so easy to breathe through and not as hot as other things.

I head on Shep on Fox that humidity is 10% in some areas.  I can't even imagine that as it is so humid here all the time even in drought.

We have painters masks but it's hard to explain.  You don't smell the smoke here as it's too far away but the dirt/soot from the fires is blowing high in the sky to the ocean so that's what we're getting.  You're probably right that wearing a mask wouldn't be a bad idea but you don't notice it in normal breathing to think about it.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #903 on: October 23, 2007, 07:59:40 PM »

You would notice if you had asthma!  You'd start to wheeze.  But because you don't notice doesn't meant it isn't building up in your lungs.  Maybe change the filter on your A/C unit?  Check it for how much is actually in your house.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #904 on: October 23, 2007, 08:08:18 PM »

You would notice if you had asthma!  You'd start to wheeze.  But because you don't notice doesn't meant it isn't building up in your lungs.  Maybe change the filter on your A/C unit?  Check it for how much is actually in your house.

We haven't turned on our AC in over 10 years, lol  Laughing  It's 93 in the house right now and I hate it!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #905 on: October 23, 2007, 10:20:00 PM »

Where can I get a vibrating platform...........a BIG one?

Klaas? How do you stand it at 93 degrees in the house? Here, you would melt. John was in Riverside while he was in the Air Force for three years. When he came back home, he said he felt like he was trying to breath water.  Laughing

ABC is having a special on the fires right now.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #906 on: October 23, 2007, 10:26:50 PM »

Where can I get a vibrating platform...........a BIG one?

Klaas? How do you stand it at 93 degrees in the house? Here, you would melt. John was in Riverside while he was in the Air Force for three years. When he came back home, he said he felt like he was trying to breath water.  Laughing

ABC is having a special on the fires right now.

I can't stand it  Laughing  But I know it's only temporary.  I put an ice pack thing around my neck and that helps some.
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #907 on: October 23, 2007, 10:30:04 PM »

Has anyone heard from Shell?  I've been wondering about her and her home.

Klaas please take good care of yourself.  If you need any special cleaning products for soot and such I'd be happy to send you the best products in the world.  Especially for fire/soot damage.  I'd be glad to send it.  Let me know.  Wink 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #908 on: October 23, 2007, 10:34:24 PM »

Klaas please take good care of yourself.  If you need any special cleaning products for soot and such I'd be happy to send you the best products in the world.  Especially for fire/soot damage.  I'd be glad to send it.  Let me know.  Wink 

I'm worried about SHELL too.  Her home is in one of the hardest hit areas.  I'm sure she's still wherever she evacuated too.  Even if her house is OK, I'm sure they can't return yet. 

I'm fine here.  The soot is like sand almost, it's really wierd.  It will clean up we just don't want to do it until the winds die down.   We'll probably start doing some real cleaning tomorrow.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #909 on: October 23, 2007, 10:42:03 PM »

Snoopy, I was going to post before that years ago, when we bought our house, we'd only been here maybe 6 months when we found little black specks on the top of the refrigerator, etc. and realized it was from the oil burner.  Pulled the furniture from the walls & found black smears on the walls above the registerx that had been painted and the carpet had a tint of gray where it should have been more white.  We also had been breathing this....aaack.

The burner had been inspected before our purchase, but we later had found out that it had had a crack that had been sealed and went unnoticed.  This seal had broken and thus our mess.  The soot was in every nook & cranny of the house.  The insurance company's offer to clean up the mess was just about enough to replace the burner, so being a young couple with limited funds, we bought the burner with the money and opted to clean ourselves.  That was a difficult task, to say the least. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #910 on: October 23, 2007, 10:45:23 PM »

Hi, I'm just checking in on our CA monkeys.  See everybody ok, so far.  Hoping for word from Shell, but assuming she's in a safe area right now.   Lord! talk about Hell on earth!   I pray for all you monkeys suffering, from fires, drought, and other troubles.  But at this moment I pray you are all saved from these fires!

God Bless

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #911 on: October 23, 2007, 10:46:20 PM »

I'm worried about SHELL too.  Her home is in one of the hardest hit areas.  I'm sure she's still wherever she evacuated too.  Even if her house is OK, I'm sure they can't return yet. 

I'm fine here.  The soot is like sand almost, it's really wierd.  It will clean up we just don't want to do it until the winds die down.   We'll probably start doing some real cleaning tomorrow.

I have been following the news and reading here about the fires.  I, too, hope Shell's okay and that their home is untouched.  My adult sons still can't comprehend how all this can happen...thanks to you, A's Fever & others, I have been able to explain the winds, temp & dry conditions.....(my kids were boy scouts, but are a bit removed from that now  Laughing )

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #912 on: October 23, 2007, 10:47:04 PM »

2NJ  Those types of soot damages are one of the hardest to clean up after.  A real job unless you have the right products.  I do that for a living.  17 years.  Love it.  I know I'm weird.  Laughing Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #913 on: October 23, 2007, 10:51:34 PM »

2NJ  Those types of soot damages are one of the hardest to clean up after.  A real job unless you have the right products.  I do that for a living.  17 years.  Love it.  I know I'm weird.  Laughing Laughing

Well if you are looking for ALOT of work, come out to California for a while.  You should have a good 6 -12 months of work  Laughing
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #914 on: October 23, 2007, 10:54:13 PM »

I don't hope to have to call you, but if so, I now know you have the products and I can deal with your weird love of cleaning... Laughing Wink

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #915 on: October 23, 2007, 10:55:38 PM »

Klaasend
I hope you have A/C for your computer setup... and I know YOU know NOT to give it an ICE Pack to keep cool.

CBB
Are you SHORT enough to stand a washer (out of balance) in the spin cycle... If not the that article may have a link to purchase one  Rolling Eyes

Just praying that everone in the fire areas are safe... and have faith...
The just NOT knowing ...  has got to be worst feeling 

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #916 on: October 23, 2007, 11:00:58 PM »

Klaasend
I hope you have A/C for your computer setup... and I know YOU know NOT to give it an ICE Pack to keep cool.

CBB
Are you SHORT enough to stand a washer (out of balance) in the spin cycle... If not the that article may have a link to purchase one  Rolling Eyes

Just praying that everone in the fire areas are safe... and have faith...
The just NOT knowing ...  has got to be worst feeling 

You really think that I have AC for my PC?  LOLOL  Laughing  Honestly, it rarely gets above 75 here.  It's unusual for it to be as hot as it is.  We haven't turned on our AC in over 10 years and don't even know if it still works, lol. 

We'll be fine.  The wind appears to have changed direction which is good for us.  Not sure how good it is in the fire areas though.
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #917 on: October 23, 2007, 11:03:32 PM »

Well if you are looking for ALOT of work, come out to California for a while.  You should have a good 6 -12 months of work  Laughing

uuuummmm.....welll.........I would come help you Klaas.  yes I would........uh huh.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #918 on: October 23, 2007, 11:09:49 PM »

OldFart, what's the movie where the girl sits on an out of balance washer, and um, "enjoys" it?   Laughing Laughing

I too, am so anxious to hear from Shell!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #919 on: October 23, 2007, 11:23:47 PM »

OMG! You know that guy/girl/shemale, whatever, that did the Leave Britney Spears Alone video? He lives near me!

Just got off the phone with John who said he had lunch with an old friend that had an "encounter" with him over the weekend. I didn't believe it, so I looked up his hometown, and sure enough, he's from Blountville, TN; a tiny town which is the County Seat about 12 miles from me.

Save us from being famous by Chris Crocker!!!!  Shocked Shocked
Trust me, He would stand out in my neck of the woods! I'm not sure he wouldn't stand out just about ANYWHERE!  Laughing Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.