April 25, 2024, 10:25:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barack  (Read 3854 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: October 02, 2007, 11:05:43 PM »

Barack

It seems Obama is raising a hell of a lot of money. Something happened yesterday that made me realize how vast his money making machine is.

As you may remember, I went to one of the first Obama rallies on February 20, 2007. It was not too big. I filled out a card with my name, address, phone number and email address. I get two emails per day from Barack. Yesterday I had a five minute phone message from a man in Obama's support team. He was most congenial, educated and talked for five minutes. He invited me to a rally taking place last night in Los Angeles with food and drink. I would not go to an Obama rally now as it prolly would be HUGE. I'm sure this is also a money making event and I don't have the money to give.

But for them to call me (from the small card I filled out in February), it means they have all their ducks in a row, they are super organized, they have a more than excellent staff and they  don't lose the cards people fill out.

I think his political machine is amazing.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 02:15:19 AM »

That is amazing Louise. Shocked
Why can't Congress be that good? Rolling Eyes

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 11:01:48 PM »

As organized as the thugs in Aruba. Why am I not surprised? If Chavez or Oduber could vote for President he would have a hard time deciding whether he wants obama or hillary more.

obama is a traitor just like hillary and all the rest who oppose our War on Terror. I am THROUGH pulling punches, it is a cut-and-dried, good-vs.-evil thing with me now. Thses creeps have NO moral and philosophical traction whatsoever and I refuse to be governed by any of them. I want to make it clear, I AM AT WAR WITH LIBERALISM AND ALL IT STANDS FOR AND WILL NOT TOLERATE IT OR BOW TO IT.

Sorry if that offends anyone buts that's the way it is. Period. I have no intention of discussing this further, I am just stating the facts. 

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 01:29:30 AM »

SB wrote: "Thses creeps have NO moral and philosophical traction whatsoever and I refuse to be governed by any of them. I want to make it clear, I AM AT WAR WITH LIBERALISM AND ALL IT STANDS FOR AND WILL NOT TOLERATE IT OR BOW TO IT."

What? SB, whatcha gonna do to fight your war on liberalism? I'm happy to tell you that you will be governed by liberalism and have to tolerate it until the next election in eight years. If the republican ticket wins the election, I can live with it. Why can't you do the same?

I guess you can pack up your stuff and move to another country. I hope you do because I'm tired of all the attacks.

Why can't I live here peacefully in California and be a democrat and not be attacked?

"I can tell you fancy I can tell your plain
You give something up for ev'rything you gain
Since ev'ry pleasure's got an edge of pain
Pay for your ticket and don't complain." BDylan

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 05:37:28 PM »

As we watch Obama's campaign soaring, I am seeing the reasons why. Of course he has tremendous charisma and is an excellent speaker. His campaign is EXTREMELY organized and he has a huge amount of high quality volunteers.

I got a second five minute phone message yesterday from the Obama campaign from Monique, a volunteer. She invited me to an event in Los Angeles for $50 per ticket. She was very enthusiastic, congenial and well educated.

How did they find me? I am no one.  I am not important. As you may remember, I went to one of the first Obama rallies on February 20, 2007. I filled out a card with my name, address, phone number and email address.  The campaign has never lost my data.  I get several emails per day, flyers in the mail and phone calls.  He is raising a lot of money because he keeps in touch with everyone who has ever attended an Obama event.

I won't be voting for him, but the way he runs his campaign should be a lesson for all future candidates. Never lose track of potential supporters. I feel (although it's not true) that he knows me personally. It's a good technique and it works.

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 12:31:16 AM »

As we watch Obama's campaign soaring, I am seeing the reasons why. Of course he has tremendous charisma and is an excellent speaker. His campaign is EXTREMELY organized and he has a huge amount of high quality volunteers.

I got a second five minute phone message yesterday from the Obama campaign from Monique, a volunteer. She invited me to an event in Los Angeles for $50 per ticket. She was very enthusiastic, congenial and well educated.

How did they find me? I am no one.  I am not important. As you may remember, I went to one of the first Obama rallies on February 20, 2007. I filled out a card with my name, address, phone number and email address.  The campaign has never lost my data.  I get several emails per day, flyers in the mail and phone calls.  He is raising a lot of money because he keeps in touch with everyone who has ever attended an Obama event.

I won't be voting for him, but the way he runs his campaign should be a lesson for all future candidates. Never lose track of potential supporters. I feel (although it's not true) that he knows me personally. It's a good technique and it works.

I sometimes wonder how all those charitable marketing people find me also.   They do.  I suspect all this organization comes because of all the computer data bases that exist now.  I do not find it unusual that they can reach out politically and continue to call every citizen in the country.  While my father in law was in the hospital and nursing home during the last election I check on his apartment every day.  There were always 3-5 calls on his answering machine dealing with the elections.  Many were invitations to participate in events even though he never paid any attention to politics before. 

It is interesting that some people have a difficult time telling the difference between objective and subjective opinions, isn't it Louise?  Stay cool..... Wink

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 08:35:01 PM »

Yippee!  Barack won the South Carolina primary. Clinton and Edwards came in far behind the votes Obama got.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 11:10:58 PM »

South Carolina Rout … Obama Takes Hillary Out Back Behind the Woodshed

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2008/01/26/south-carolina-rout-obama-takes-hillary-out-back-behind-the-woodshed/

UPDATE I: Obama Beats Hillary Clinton in SC in a Landslide

Ouch!!! This one is going to leave a mark. With 98% of precincts reporting, Obama 55% – Hillary 27%. Check out the exit poll numbers and where the votes came from.

The South Carolina primary was such a butt kicking that Hillary lost in pretty much every demographic. One really has to wonder how such a landslide victory for Obama will affect the perception and opinions of voters in future primaries. Hillary Clinton could not wait to run from SC to Nashville, TN. No matter what spin comes from the Clinton camp, tonight was not good. Not at all.

“The choice in this election is not about regions or religions or genders,” Obama said at a boisterous victory rally. “It’s not about rich versus poor, young versus old and it’s not about black versus white. It’s about the past versus the future.”

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 11:37:22 PM »

Barack

It seems Obama is raising a hell of a lot of money. Something happened yesterday that made me realize how vast his money making machine is.

As you may remember, I went to one of the first Obama rallies on February 20, 2007. It was not too big. I filled out a card with my name, address, phone number and email address. I get two emails per day from Barack. Yesterday I had a five minute phone message from a man in Obama's support team. He was most congenial, educated and talked for five minutes. He invited me to a rally taking place last night in Los Angeles with food and drink. I would not go to an Obama rally now as it prolly would be HUGE. I'm sure this is also a money making event and I don't have the money to give.

But for them to call me (from the small card I filled out in February), it means they have all their ducks in a row, they are super organized, they have a more than excellent staff and they  don't lose the cards people fill out.

I think his political machine is amazing.

I'm getting emails from his campaign coordinators and his wife daily - most are about giving money.

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 09:42:03 AM »

This whole idea of raising more and more money is not what was intended when they first created the box to check (which I never do) on your tax return.  The idea behind matching government funds for elections was to ensure that those who were not well off could compete.  Romney is still trying to raise huge amount of money as are other candidates on both sides. 

Politics is a rich person's game.  It is the one thing I have against our system at the present time.  Despite denials, all candidates cannot help but be influenced by special interest when it is the only way to bankroll a run for office.

If it is believed that it is the average American who benefits from these elections then there needs to be a reassessment made by the general public.  The average American certainly is responsible for electing those to office, but most of us don't hear from those same officials until it is time for another election.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 12:12:50 PM »

Sen. Kennedy Backing Obama for President

WASHINGTON (AP) — Two generations of Kennedys — Massachusetts Sen. Edward Kennedy and his son, Rep. Patrick Kennedy of Rhode Island — are endorsing fellow Democrat Barack Obama for president.

Obama's campaign said the senator planned to attend midday event at American University along with his niece, Caroline Kennedy, who announced her support for Obama over the weekend.

Robin Costello, a spokeswoman for Patrick Kennedy, told The Associated Press in a telephone interview that the senator and congressman probably will campaign around the country for Obama, although no concrete plans are set yet.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gmY_8TWtY5H8uNRYWky_QFzs9p3wD8UEVOR00

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 07:58:17 AM »

The anti-American welfare recipients better start praying there are still some tax-paying Republicans left after this election, ergo, there will be no welfare checks accompanying your pro-Muslim and pro-Che pamphlets.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 09:37:23 AM »

I am certainly not Anti-America.  I do deplore the national trends towards welfare.  Here is Wisconsin we have made some changes, but still are not where I would like to see it.  I have an opportunity every day to see that portion of the population that is legitimately dependent upon our welfare programs.  Unfortunately, I am also in a position to see those who have spent a lifetime learning how to make the system work for them.  They do not earn it.  They expect it as a birthright.  It is passed down from one family generation to another.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.