April 19, 2024, 03:09:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marion Jones  (Read 2974 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: October 06, 2007, 01:57:23 AM »

MARION JONES

Marion is a five time Olympic medal winner in field and track, with three Golds and two Bronzes. She was accused many times of taking "performance enhancing drugs" but she vehemently denied it for years with attorneys at her side.

Well, Marion Jones came clean Friday and admitted she used steroids. I don't know why that information came out today and not on another day. She pleaded guilty to lying to federal investigators when she denied using performance-enhancing drugs, then announced her retirement in a tearful apology outside the U.S. District Court.

Marion Jones' voice never wavered, her reserve never faltered as the words rang out in the silent, stately federal courtroom. She was a liar and a cheat, she told the judge, her eyes never straying from his face. And so ended years of angry denials by one of the world's most celebrated athletes. She will be serving some serious jail time.

All of this is very sad to me.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 05:44:24 PM »

It is sad, and it's also shameful. There's no glory in winning if you have to cheat to do it.
I think all this started years ago, when the Soviet Union athletes were so dominant in the Olympics. They were basically employees of the gov't, and did what they were told, which included the use of steriods. The tests for drugs were not as sophisticated then, and there was lots of cheating on test results by the Soviet block.
In order to be competitive, other athletes started using steroids as well, and it has become a shameful part of competitive sports on every level.
It had to be hard for her to come clean, but at least she did. Not only will she face serious jail time, she will also experience serious health issues on down the line. She had to have used them for years, so she may even be having some health problems already.
She has set back the US track and field team for years to come. That's one of the worst parts....her team mates will have to pay for her behavior as well.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 06:08:22 PM »

Sad state of affairs.Just too much pressure to produce and stay competitive in sports. Just look at the pressure on the Yankees coach. It sounds like she let her self down more in the interviews. It can never be reclaimed again.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 09:13:28 PM »

I so loved her... and so didn't want this to be the case...

it was sad.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.