April 16, 2024, 04:58:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush is a traitor!  (Read 4429 times)
Levi
Scared Monkey

« on: October 07, 2007, 03:09:26 PM »

You know I am really starting to believe that Bush is really dumb like the liberals want to paint him. I've stood behind him over most of his silly decisions, but this just takes the cake! This makes me as mad as a mule chewing on a mouthful of bumblebees!

Bush-wack is siding with a MURDERER and wanting to put a stop to his JUSTIFIED execution simply because he is a Mexican.  For Bush to say that the United States of America to not execute this DIRT BAG because "it would harm America's interests abroad" is STUPID!

Do we want foreign treaties to overide United States laws? I can't wait until he is out of office.
--------------------------------------
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299917,00.html

WASHINGTON — President Bush, who presided over 152 executions as governor of Texas, wants to halt the state's execution of a Mexican national for the brutal killing of two teenage girls.

The case of Jose Ernesto Medellin has become a confusing test of presidential power that the U.S. Supreme Court, which hears the case this week, ultimately will sort out.

The president wants to enforce a decision by the International Court of Justice that found the convictions of Medellin and 50 other Mexican-born prisoners violated their rights to legal help as outlined in the 1963 Vienna Convention.

That is the same court Bush has since said he plans to ignore if it makes similar decisions affecting state criminal laws.

"The president does not agree with the ICJ's interpretation of the Vienna Convention," the administration said in arguments filed with the court. This time, though, the U.S. agreed to abide by the international court's decision because ignoring it would harm American interests abroad, the government said.

Texas argues that neither the international court nor Bush has any say in Medellin's case.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 09:21:59 PM »

I read this with trepidation, gotta tell you... but yep, I don't agree with Bush at all on this one.  He is also the one that agrees with punishing the border guards that were only doing thier jobs!

There are a couple of areas where Bush has disappointed me, but I don't know that I would call him a traitor - I think he just worries about the Latino vote and we all know that the Mexicans (most of whom shouldn't be anyway) vote for Democrats. Cubans typically vote Republican, but it's all pandering to the Latino vote which can't be called just on being Latin..

(hope that ramble makes sense.... )

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Levi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 10:11:25 PM »

It makes perfect sense. And it is pandering.

And I call him a traitor for a reason: He is a traitor to the people that voted for him. A traitor to the people of Texas and the state of Texas. Do you think the conservatives that voted for Bush would agree with him on this? And Bush has won the respect of crime victims advocates and victims rights groups because of his stance on the death penalty and when he was Governor of Texas. Bush has (or had) a hard line very pro death penalty stance and then he pulls some move like this.

It seems like Bush is purposely wanting to drive his approval ratings down and wants to alienate his conservative base against him.

I am VERY upset. And if Bush feels this is the right thing to do, then he should have a meeting with the victims families, the families of the two girls who were ambushed, raped and murdered by this THUG.

This story could depress the devil and make a preacher cuss!  Mad
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 10:18:10 PM »

Now that you put it that way, I guess I can see it.

The other place where he disappointed me was by letting the credit card companies write the legislation concerning credit and bankruptcy with the lameass excuse that too many people just filed bankruptcy only to do it again...

too many people are single moms, or have had a devasting illness which costs them dearly and far too often insurance screws them... I have a friend right now whose nephew at 3 yrs old was diagnosed with cancer and insurance is refusing to cover chemo.... I could go on and on...

the insurance industry is about the sleaziest and they play too much of a part of writing the health care laws... and the fact that the BIG insurance companies are backing Hillary gives me a HUGE pause on that one... anything that is good for them, is not  - I repeat - NOT good for the voters...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 02:32:25 AM »

Bush is no traitor!!!!!!!!!!!   I know Mrs. Red will fall off her chair when she reads this from me.  I really do not care for President Bush and his politics.  However, I will defend the office and the person in it as having his own ideas.  This does not make him a traitor.  I don't think the decision or the stance is a wise one given the circumstances.  I certainly would like to see a debate on this issue with out the derogatory name calling.

I really don't think President Bush is stupid.  I have observed him to be very calculating in his motives.  I just do not happen to agree with them.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 10:04:49 AM »

Bush is no traitor!!!!!!!!!!!   I know Mrs. Red will fall off her chair when she reads this from me.  I really do not care for President Bush and his politics.  However, I will defend the office and the person in it as having his own ideas.  This does not make him a traitor.  I don't think the decision or the stance is a wise one given the circumstances.  I certainly would like to see a debate on this issue with out the derogatory name calling.

I really don't think President Bush is stupid.  I have observed him to be very calculating in his motives.  I just do not happen to agree with them.

Owl, I agree with you... I don't think he is a traitor and I certainly don't subscribe to the stupid theory.  I didn't mean to sound like I did.... I can see where Levi could say what she says - I was just pointing out where I can see two areas that I personally have a hard time dealing with, and the credit card mess isn't really his... I just didn't like the "fix" he allowed... this administration - Congress included - sold out the middle class on this issue, by allowing the banks free reign  - and I fear we are headed to the Jimmy Carter misery index.

I do truly believe we need to get a handle on immigration as well...

and now that I am firmly back in my chair... I wish more people felt that way about the office of the President!! Great post...

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 11:31:44 AM »

The credit card mess has been a long time coming and neither political administration has done anything to alleviate the misuse I have to deal with daily.  I have several guardianships appointed to me through the court and I also help an agency with supporting their couseling of those who have not used credit wisely.  I do this all on a volunteer basis so I really have no investiture. 

To see what credit card companies are now doing is criminal at least morally.  It is not uncommon for me to see credit cards charging 33% to 45%.  If you take a look at the new trend of having pay day loan stores it is far worse.  The annual percentage rate charged by some exceeds 400%.  Those who need it the most have no chance of recovering once they begin the cycle of borrowing.  Late charges of $33.00 and over the limit charges of $ 39.00 pere month are the norm.  We allow charge cards at grocery stores, fast food chains and even hospitals.  When people use the cards for essentials and can not pay, it then is added to the cost of doing business and all consumers end up having to put more money into the coffers of the credit card companies.

There is a Fair Credit Collection act which I have had to use to invoke non contact, of collection agencies, of several of those whom I serve.  I can stop the harassment to them, but as a consumer I am just adding to my and other consumers eventual rise in the cost of living.  I am able to help those I work with get back on their feet.  However, it comes at a tremendous cost to others in the future.  We need to have a ceiling on interest rates and also need to crack down on who accepts the liabilty if a credit card can not be paid.

I am currently waiting to see if President Bush will indeed veto the health care bill.  This will affect many families in our area if he does.  Our own State Budget here in Wisconsin was due July 1st.  There is still political haggling over it and we are without a State Budget.  By next week, there may need to be cut backs in schools and prisons.  There are legislative deadlines which need to be met to set the mil rate for taxes.  That comes on the 15th.  Even if they pass a budget after that date it will not affect how the mil rate is figured and budget will be set until July of 2008. 

I see both parties as being to blame for most of this.  They all take money from Big Business and huge personal interest lobbies.  These lobbies most often do not represent the middle class.  The only exception is the AARP.  Even their influence is not great enough to keep my medical premiums within a cost effective range.  My premiums and medical prescriptions are increasing at two to three times the rate of my Social Security and Pension. 

Levi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 02:08:11 PM »

I respect your opinion but, I still see him as a traitor and a backstabber. It is so funny that Bush when he was Governor of Texas painted himself to be VERY pro death penalty and a having a hard line stance on the death penalty.

Now when it doesn't matter, after he has won both elections, he sides with a murderer and wants to save him from getting the death penalty as the laws of Texas proscribe.

Bush is a traitor, and a backstabber to his conservative base that helped but him in office. His fellow conservatives don't give a damn about what Mexico thinks about our laws. We are pissed that Mexico allowed their citizens to come here illegally.

If this were John Kerry who was elected instead of Bush, I'd still be as mad, I wouldn't call him a traitor (on this issue at least) because John Kerry stated he was against the death penalty. Bush has always had a hard line opinion on it and now pulls a stunt like this.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 09:22:59 PM »

The credit card mess has been a long time coming and neither political administration has done anything to alleviate the misuse I have to deal with daily.  I have several guardianships appointed to me through the court and I also help an agency with supporting their couseling of those who have not used credit wisely.  I do this all on a volunteer basis so I really have no investiture. 

To see what credit card companies are now doing is criminal at least morally.  It is not uncommon for me to see credit cards charging 33% to 45%.  If you take a look at the new trend of having pay day loan stores it is far worse.  The annual percentage rate charged by some exceeds 400%.  Those who need it the most have no chance of recovering once they begin the cycle of borrowing.  Late charges of $33.00 and over the limit charges of $ 39.00 pere month are the norm.  We allow charge cards at grocery stores, fast food chains and even hospitals.  When people use the cards for essentials and can not pay, it then is added to the cost of doing business and all consumers end up having to put more money into the coffers of the credit card companies.

There is a Fair Credit Collection act which I have had to use to invoke non contact, of collection agencies, of several of those whom I serve.  I can stop the harassment to them, but as a consumer I am just adding to my and other consumers eventual rise in the cost of living.  I am able to help those I work with get back on their feet.  However, it comes at a tremendous cost to others in the future.  We need to have a ceiling on interest rates and also need to crack down on who accepts the liabilty if a credit card can not be paid.

I am currently waiting to see if President Bush will indeed veto the health care bill.  This will affect many families in our area if he does.  Our own State Budget here in Wisconsin was due July 1st.  There is still political haggling over it and we are without a State Budget.  By next week, there may need to be cut backs in schools and prisons.  There are legislative deadlines which need to be met to set the mil rate for taxes.  That comes on the 15th.  Even if they pass a budget after that date it will not affect how the mil rate is figured and budget will be set until July of 2008. 

I see both parties as being to blame for most of this.  They all take money from Big Business and huge personal interest lobbies.  These lobbies most often do not represent the middle class.  The only exception is the AARP.  Even their influence is not great enough to keep my medical premiums within a cost effective range.  My premiums and medical prescriptions are increasing at two to three times the rate of my Social Security and Pension. 

OWL... this is the crux of it... and you are right it's been a LONG time in the making... but this is the administration that actually signed the new bankruptcy laws written by the credit card companies into law. 

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 12:47:31 AM »

I haven't gotten back to this thread in a while.  The legislation on bankruptcy has not helped the situation.  I remember when most states had a cap on how much interest could be charged.  I believe most used about 18.9 %, but now it is worse than borrowing from a loan shark.  Once a person gets behind there is no way they will get out of debt.  We need to go back to having some type of cap as it only helps the rich getter richer this way.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 05:33:12 PM »

Personally, I don't think Bush is intelligent enough to understand the complicated issues he faces, and the implications of his policies. He just does what he's told. The issues of the middle class, and lower income citizens do not concern him, and never have. He is a Big Business puppet.
I believe in supporting and respecting the President, especially in a time of war, up to a certain point. However, when a President is as inept as the current President has proven himself to be, then all bets are off. The mistakes of the Bush Admin. are so huge, and have such far-reaching consequences, that I think it will take years for us to undo the damage.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 07:10:01 PM »

Additionally regarding the baseball steroid scandal. The Mitchell Report says this has been going on for two decades at least. 

GW owned the Texas Rangers. I've been listening to the TV box for two days and the pundits say the team owners know everything about the players including the distribution of steroids.

When asked, Bush said he knew nothing about such things.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007, 08:07:50 AM »

Personally, I don't think Bush is intelligent enough to understand the complicated issues he faces, and the implications of his policies. He just does what he's told. The issues of the middle class, and lower income citizens do not concern him, and never have. He is a Big Business puppet.
I believe in supporting and respecting the President, especially in a time of war, up to a certain point. However, when a President is as inept as the current President has proven himself to be, then all bets are off. The mistakes of the Bush Admin. are so huge, and have such far-reaching consequences, that I think it will take years for us to undo the damage.

This I can agree with.  It will be a long time before we recover again from the effects of this past administration.  The deficit is huge right now.  We are spending far too much trying to protect the world.  I have said it before and will say it again.  This is why the United Nations exists.  If the UN members do not contribute then perhaps it is time for us to leave that Organization.  We need to spend more on our own nation and deal with the problem we have here.

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007, 08:12:27 AM »

Additionally regarding the baseball steroid scandal. The Mitchell Report says this has been going on for two decades at least. 

GW owned the Texas Rangers. I've been listening to the TV box for two days and the pundits say the team owners know everything about the players including the distribution of steroids.

When asked, Bush said he knew nothing about such things.

Of course he knew.  Everyone including the fans have known about the supplement misuse.  When you take a look at the dramatic change in body structure and turn around in a person's performance you really need to suspect that there are reasons other than dedication.  The issue is not whether there is misuse going on, but how to control it so that those who do legit training are rewarded.

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2007, 08:20:40 AM »

I have to chuckle to myself every time I listen to a news or sports broadcast and they try to compare Marion Jones to the baseball issue.  The statement always comes out that if this is the consequence for Ms. Jones then why not baseball players.   Folks, it will never happen.

There is a marked difference and it should be obvious to all who preach this way.  Marion Jones is lucky if she has 100k in the bank.  Nobody has any investiture in her career as a track star.  She has no agent making hundreds of thousands of dollars from her at this point in her career.

Look at the names that have been listed in the report.  The combined total of money invested and banked by everyone dependent upon those players approaches the gross national product.  If we are naive enough to think anything will happen to those players we are living in a dream world.  There is enough money and influence to drag out investigations and court cases into the 22nd century and beyond. 

Money talks and it will speak loudly in this instance.  I am not saying it is right, but that is the way life is.

robl27
Scared Monkey

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2007, 09:17:03 PM »

Bush is nothing more then a puppet controlled by his masters.

We need someone who isn't in skull and bones to represent america.

-Rob

I tweet and I tweet often: http://twitter.com/robl27
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2007, 08:53:47 AM »

Bush is nothing more then a puppet controlled by his masters.

We need someone who isn't in skull and bones to represent america.

-Rob

Unfortunately, I think the same can be said for almost every politician.  They all have puppet masters behind the scenes in one way or another.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.