March 29, 2024, 03:30:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN'T LOOKING  (Read 2228 times)
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« on: October 10, 2007, 12:18:00 PM »

A message every adult should read, because children are watching you and doing as you do, not as you say.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you hang my first painting on the refrigerator, and I immediately wanted to paint another one.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you feed a stray cat, and I learned that it was good to be kind to animals.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you make my favorite cake for me and I learned that the little things can be the special things in life.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I heard you say a prayer, and I knew there is a God I could always talk to and I learned to trust in God.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you make a meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I learned that we all have to help take care of each other.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you give of your time and money to help people who had nothing and I learned that those who have something should give to those who don't.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you take care of our house and everyone in it and I learned we have to take care of what we are given.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw how you handled your responsibilities, even when you didn't feel good and I learned that I would have to be responsible when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw tears come from your eyes and I learned that sometimes things hurt, but it's all right to cry.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw that you cared and I wanted to be everything that I could be.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I learned most of life's lessons that I need to know to be a good and productive person when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I looked at you and wanted to say, "Thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn't looking."

LITTLE EYES SEE A LOT !

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 11:39:25 PM »

Oh, Katys! I love that!!! Thank you for posting it~!! It made me cry and I've saved it!

BTW: You're all set for Halloween!  Wink

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/hkm.gif
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 11:57:19 PM »

Katysmom,

Thank you for your lovely post.

I know that children (in general) learn from what parents do, not always what they say. I used to try to explain to my daughter when I did something that parents should not do. I also taught her to obey the laws of the land and to think for herself.

Thanks again, with love, Louise

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 06:35:28 AM »

Thank you.

Boo hoo Central everytime I read that.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 12:57:55 PM »

Very wise words. And so true. Modeling behavior is the strongest influence on kids while they are growing up. I wish every parent had a copy of this, and would try to live by it as they are raising their children. What a difference it would make......

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.