April 24, 2024, 05:34:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eric McLean interview  (Read 8652 times)
Levi
Scared Monkey

« on: October 10, 2007, 01:22:37 PM »

Eric McClean who shot and killed a teenage student his wife was teaching (she is now hiding out) is doing an interview tonight at 8 PM ET on CNN Headline News on the Nancy Grace show.

This guy is SO STUPID. They haven't had the trial yet and what he says could come into evidence and of all shows he chose to do an interview on. He chose The Nancy Grace show?!?!?
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 03:50:03 PM »

Posted: 5:40 PM Nov 7, 2008
Eric McLean sentenced to 47 days in jail for reckless homicide in love triangle case
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- The man convicted of reckless homicide in the shooting death of his wife's teenage lover will spend more time in jail. You saw it first on Volunteer TV News at Noon. Eric McLean learned his fate at an emotional sentencing hearing this afternoon.

Eric McLean will spend the next 47 days in jail. He'll be on probation for the next 12 years. Before making her decision, Judge Mary Beth Liebowitz heard from both the victim's family and the man she decided to send to jail.

Before learning his fate, Eric McLean has to sit and listen to Sean Powell's heartbroken family as they ask the judge to send him to prison.

Scarlett Powell, Sean Powell's adoptive mother, told the court, "Many mornings I wake up knowing our child was taken so violently. Our family has been torn apart."

After lawyers argued and Powell's family shed their tears, Eric got the last word before Judge Mary Beth Liebowitz decided his fate. He used it to address Powell's family.

"I think about him all the time. It's just been devastating to everyone. It's been devastating to your family and I'm sorry for that. I can't express that enough," McLean said. "I just wish I could go back and change things or do things differently, but I can't."

The judge said she was giving McLean the maximum sentence, four years. But she told him he'd only have to serve 47 days in jail, starting now. Then he'll be on probation for 12 years. He left in handcuffs, but it's not enough to satisfy the victim's family."

Debra Flynn, Sean Powell's Birth-Mother, told us, "I love my son and I wish he was back here with me....He murdered my son. He's a cold-blooded murderer, he deserves more time."

Not so says McLean attorney Bruce Poston. He reminds us that the jury found McLean not guilty of murder, settling on the lesser reckless homicide charge after hearing all the evidence.

"What we saw today was an attempt to redo the trial."

Now Poston wants to redo the sentencing, saying the probation should last only four years.

"I'm disappointed in the sentence. Obviously as I told the court we're going to appeal it, and I'm particularly disappointed in the 12-year supervision."

Poston said he wanted to be clear that he's not criticizing Judge Liebowitz, though he disagrees with her on this sentence.

http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/34108489.html

COMMENTS AT SITE>>>>>>>..
Read Comments
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
Posted by: Jason Location: Salisbury, NC on Nov 27, 2008 at 04:28 PM
I think Erin is the culprit. She had sex with a minor and committed adultry and threw it in her husbands face. She needs to serve time as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by: Lee Location: Alabaster on Nov 17, 2008 at 09:54 AM
This 47 days was a miscarrige of justice he had intent he should have got at least 2 years

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by: jamie Location: ill on Nov 16, 2008 at 05:33 PM
I watch the case of eric mclean, and i just heard the verdit friday the 14th, im truely happy,i hope now he can get on with his life with his childern away from erin she deserves to be behined bars for want she did to both men,i do feel sad for the powell family also, but there son was also a victim of erins, i hope every parent out tell there sons about erin mclean and woman likeher so theres not another tragedy story like this has been for all parties,i know are stories this all the time i was in 2 very bad marrige myself when a spouses has brought there mistress around it drives you to be a differnt person then what you are it takes alot to get away,but you have to,i do wish eric and his family alot of piece and happyness,and i do hope he can get some help to work though want he did and he can forgive his self someday.and please stay away from erin she is no good for him or his childern.sending my pray and friendship to him.

Posted by: Dytania Location: Chicago on Nov 12, 2008 at 12:22 PM
I watched the trial of Eric and my heart just was torn. I feel bad for Eric and Sean and his parents. The person responsible for this all is Erin and she has now run off with those precious babies. I think 47 days is to long for this man who's life too is ruined and forever changed. 12 years probabtion is excessive and I think he needs to be left alone, reunited with his kids and get his life back on track. The authorities need to find erin and charge her with Sean's murder and kidnapping....

Posted by: Patti Location: Fresno, CA on Nov 11, 2008 at 10:06 PM
After watching the trail of Eric McLean I believe that the sentence of 47 days in jail is just when you think Eric will be living in his own prison knowing what he did. However, the 12 years probation is a bit much. This had to be devastating to every one but I think if Sean’s parents need to blame some one it should be Erin. Eric was just as much a victim and If his account of the facts were so wrong why didn’t Erin testify? Didn’t she want justice for Sean? The only justice in this whole tragedy would be for Erin to turn herself in for being child molester and for the abuse of her children. The kids need a stable and loving home and role model not an immature living in the street.

Posted by: Wendy Location: Knoxville on Nov 9, 2008 at 09:45 AM
Don't you think the memory alone is a lifetime sentence for Eric? Each day of his life he will remember this, that is a prison , maybe not behind bars, but he always will know what he did. And why would we all want him to go to prison there have it better than the people who walk the streets everyday.

Posted by: sam Location: mississippi gulf coast on Nov 9, 2008 at 09:17 AM
I have no sorrow for mr powell,as my grandfather once said "If you play with fire your bound to get burned" Thats what happens when you play with another mans wife. He should of thought about the consequences before getting involved with the teacher slut.

Posted by: Bob Location: Maryville on Nov 9, 2008 at 12:07 AM
we just need to be very careful who we date, and who we marry and say "I Do", who we have children with, who we sleep in bed, and who we want to spend the rest of our lives. After my divorce, I moved on and we had no children. after what I learned from my last marriage, I always keep my guard high because anything can happen. She can cheat or she can no longer want to be with me. I believe things can get gloomy and Change can happen at any time. I do not trust people because I just don't want to be the same idiot again. People who cheat are so fake. as far as charging a cheater as a sex offender does not make sense because Infidelity is a sin not a crime or a felony. Adultery is not a crime, UNFURTUNATELY! it would be cool if it was a crime and not just a sin.

Posted by: mike Location: knox on Nov 8, 2008 at 07:22 PM
he aughta be lucky he got 47 days. wow,thats a real punishment to kill a person. that shows that the court system here had no justice!.shame on the courts,and even 4yrs?.wow,thats i could do on my head,for killin someone. but! i wouldn't be that unintellegent!. up nort you get mandatory 15-25..even thats not enough!Eric my boy,you need to count your blessings son,and get on your knees and ask the dear lord,to help you

Posted by: John on Nov 8, 2008 at 06:05 PM
for all those saying Eric should have divorced and filed ofr custody. I don't agree with what he did but Erin would have been given custody no questions asked. A mom can be a pedophile and still be given more rights than a father will.

Posted by: Fred Location: Camp. County on Nov 8, 2008 at 05:19 PM
Adultery should be a crime. Anyone who commits adultery should be caned and fined.

Posted by: Dawn Walters Location: Knoxville on Nov 8, 2008 at 04:16 PM
All adulterers should be arrested and charged and made sex offenders. the crime of Adultery hurts too many people

Posted by: Bob Location: maryville on Nov 8, 2008 at 03:15 PM
when my exwife cheated on me, I filed for divorce and moved on. She wanted a man she could control and do whatever she wanted with him; "well, good luck with that" I said. I think Eric went a little bit too far by pointing a "loaded" gun to his face. He might need a little bit of anger management but 12 year of probation might do it. I do not know Eric and I can not make any judgements agaist him.

Posted by: cathy Location: in on Nov 8, 2008 at 03:09 PM
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH CHOLE I THINK SHE SHOULD BE BEHIND BARS SHE IS A CHILD MOLESTER AND IF YOU DONT STOP HER NOW WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO.

Posted by: Dawn Walters Location: Knoxville on Nov 8, 2008 at 11:43 AM
Adultery should be made illegal so that the parties commiting adultery against a spouse should go to jail as sex offenders.

Posted by: Leslie Location: Iowa on Nov 8, 2008 at 09:56 AM
The tragedy is that Eric and the Powells are all victims in the case. The manipulator/wife/girlfriend should be held cupable in some way. I understand the Powells and the birth mother's sentiments, but I fully agree that Eric's punishment will continue as long as he draws a breath regardless of how many days or years he spends on probation. Such a gentle soul, too bad he married Erin!!

Posted by: Timbo Location: Blaine on Nov 8, 2008 at 06:59 AM
I am a relative of Scarlett Powell (1st cousin) and I feel her pain in this very tragic time. Although I disapprove of Sean's involvement with Eric McLean's wife, he still didn't deserve being slaughtered. He was murdered....and murder is murder! The sentence for Eric McLean was way too light! Personally I think that McLean should have received AT LEAST 15 years in prison with 15 years of supervised probation! There is no excuse for his actions! There is always an alternative to murder! 47 days in jail and 12 years supervised probation is only a slap on the wrist for what he did! He and his ex-wife should be serving prison terms for what they did to Sean! Nobody can ever bring Sean back, but Eric McLean is still here and he should have to pay for his actions a hell of a lot longer than what Mary Beth Liebowitz gave him!!!

Posted by: Justina Location: Covington, Indiana on Nov 7, 2008 at 09:46 PM
I think Eric should go home and take care of his kids and Erin should be sitting behind bars! Best of luck Eric!

Posted by: Chloe Location: Knoxville on Nov 7, 2008 at 09:10 PM
I feel sorry for the Powell family, I don't feel sorry for Sean's biological mother, she is a pathetic person. I also feel for Eric and his kids because Erin is a "whack-job"!! I don't think that there are any winners in this case, everyone has lost. Everyone but Erin, she just keeps sliding by molesting teens. If she were a man, she would be under the jail by now. I hope that she will get what is coming to her soon!!!!

Posted by: vincent Location: clinton on Nov 7, 2008 at 08:32 PM
let him go, i have been there, if it was your wife what would you have done

Posted by: KNOXVILLE on Nov 7, 2008 at 08:02 PM
MUDER IS MURDER EITHER WAY YOU LOOK AT IT,THIS HERE JUST SHOES THE SYTEM DOESN'T WORK,ERIC NEED OT BE IN PRISON,DOING A LIFE SENTENCE JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER PERSON THAT COMMITS MURDER,

Posted by: laura Location: knoxville on Nov 7, 2008 at 06:33 PM
I think he should not spend 1 more day in jail!!! His ex-wife should be the one in jail but she's out free to molest more kids!!!

Posted by: kathy Location: jefferson city on Nov 7, 2008 at 05:46 PM
I feel Eric should be let free with parole only, If he caught his wife with another man and commiting adultry I feel let him go home and take care of his children and the law should pursue the wife.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 03:51:13 PM »

Eric McLean sentenced in love triangle murder

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 08:43 AM EST

KNOXVILLE (WATE) -- Eric McLean was given a four-year "split confinement" sentence Friday for the fatal shooting of his ex-wife's teen lover and former student.

McLean's sentence is the maximum allowable under his reckless homicide conviction.

He was ordered to serve 47 days in jail, starting immediately. The remainder of the sentence will be served as part of his probation.

The prosecutor asked for 12 years probation and Knox County Criminal Court Judge Mary Beth  Leibowitz agreed to that.

McLean, 33, could have been sentenced to between two to four years in prison.

He was found guilty on Sept. 11 of reckless homicide in the murder, after the jury found him not guilty of first or second degree murder, or voluntary manslaughter.

McLean admitted to police he shot Sean Powell, 18, in March 2007, but said it was an accident.

During the trial, defense attorney Bruce Poston argued Powell grabbed McLean's rifle pointed and the gun went off.

At Friday's sentencing, the victim's family members expressed disbelief with the justice system.

"Every morning I wake up crying, knowing my son was taken so violently," said Sean Powell's adoptive mother, Scarlett Powell. "Our family has been torn apart. Our world does not make sense."

The family members told the judge they believed Powell's death was no accident, but a cold blooded murder by a jealous husband.

"Sean revealed to me that Erin McLean told him that Eric McLean and Erin was in an open marriage," said the victim's adoptive brother, Joey Jacks.

McLean did not break down in tears at the sentencing, as he did many times during his trial in September. But he did apologize to the victim's family.

"The death is going to haunt me forever," he said. "I just don't know what to say. I'm just sorry I'm just sorry."

Scarlett Powell said sorry is not enough, and Friday's sentence was like killing Sean all over again.

"This verdict says anyone can get away with murder, and get away with if you have the right ingredients, perfect timing and a good story line," she said.

Eric McLean will have no choice but to serve all 47 days in jail, but attorney Bruce Poston said they will appeal the 12 year probation sentence.

Earlier this week, the child custody battle between McLean and his ex-wife, Erin, continued in court.

In the custody fight over the divorced couple's two young sons, attorney Steve Sharp filed some motions on Nov. 4 that will be heard next week.

One of them is to keep Erin McLean from taking the stand and testifying on November 12 when the couple returns to court for the next hearing.

The motion is based claims that Erin allegedly was untruthful and refused to answer questions at the last hearing.

The motion asks for Erin to serve 20 days in jail until she answers the questions.

Another motion filed on behalf of Eric is for a protective order against Erin. It claims on a Nov. 4 visit with her kids Erin rented an R-rated movie for their kids.

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?s=9310122
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 08:58:17 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 09:04:31 PM »

Erin McLean takes Fifth, gets 95 days for contempt

Posted December 15, 2008
A Knox County judge today ordered Erin McLean jailed for 95 days for what he contended were 17 acts of contempt - more time behind bars than her husband received in the March 2007 shooting death of her 18-year-old lover.

Fourth Circuit Court Judge Bill Swann imposed a 10-day sentence for each of the violations, stacking one on top of the other for a total of 170 days. He suspended 75 of those days, however.

"Court orders have to be followed," Swann told Erin McLean. "That has to have consequences."

Swann faulted McLean for repeatedly invoking her Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination at today's hearing. "Her silence does not help," Swann said.

Swann deemed Erin McLean guilty of keeping her sons away from father Eric McLean despite an order by Swann filed in February giving him equal parenting time.

He also found her guilty of contacting the boys after the judge had ordered both parents in October to have no contact absent approval from a child psychologist and Swann himself.

Erin McLean tried via attorney Brandy Slaybaugh to blame, in part, attorney Lisa White for her failure to give her ex-husband time with the boys.

White, who was appointed to serve as legal guardian for the children, acknowledged that when she tracked down Erin McLean in March, she told the mother to hire a counselor for the boys before allowing them to see their father.

Slaybaugh argued it was understandable that Erin McLean was confused by conflicting directives.

Eric McLean's attorney, Steve Sharp, countered that Erin McLean fled from place to place to avoid being found and was using White as a legal crutch.

Swann agreed, saying the choice to keep the boys from their father was hers and hers alone.

Sharp filed more contempt petitions this morning and asked that Erin McLean be jailed for 1,000 days.

Erin McLean is a former West High School student-teacher who had an affair with 18-year-old student Sean Powell. Her husband, Eric McLean, was sentenced to 90 days in jail for reckless homicide in the March 2007 shooting death of Powell.

In the contempt petitions, Sharp alleges that although Eric McLean has managed to complete three of the four parenting classes despite his recent jail time in the slaying of his ex-wife's teenage lover, Erin McLean "has not even started her classes."

"This is a pattern and practice of (Erin McLean) in that she has totally ignored the court's orders in the past and continues to do so," Sharp wrote in a petition.

In another contempt petition, Sharp accuses Erin McLean of discussing with the couple's sons recent court hearings and the prospect of their return to Austin.

Swann has specifically barred both sides from discussing with the children both the criminal action against Eric McLean and the custody battle.

Sharp also filed this morning a petition to strike a report filed by White last week recommending that the boys be awarded to the custody of their mother and allowed to live in Austin, Texas.
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/dec/15/erin-mclean-accused-contempt-again-day-trial/

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.