April 18, 2024, 06:44:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nobel Peace Prize  (Read 2034 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: October 12, 2007, 07:56:07 PM »

Nobel Peace Prize

Al Gore has been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. He is a Nobel Laureate.

Congratulations, Mr. President!

A man walks down the street
He says why am I soft in the middle now
Why am I soft in the middle
The rest of my life is so hard
I need a photo-opportunity
I want a shot at redemption
Don't want to end up a cartoon
In a cartoon graveyard
Bonedigger Bonedigger
Dogs in the moonlight
Far away my well-lit door
Mr. Beerbelly Beerbelly
Get these mutts away from me
You know I don't find this stuff amusing anymore
If you'll be my bodyguard
I can be your long lost pal
I can call you Betty
And Betty when you call me
You can call me Al

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 04:21:08 PM »

Call this "A Tale of Two Houses." 

House #1:  A twenty-room mansion (not including eight bathrooms), all heated by natural gas.  Add on a pool (and a pool house) and a separate guest house, all heated by natural gas.  In one month this residence consumes more energy than the average American household does in a year.  The average monthly bill for electricity and natural gas runs over $2400. In natural gas alone, this property consumes more than 20 times the national average for an American home.  This house is not situated in a cold Northern or Midwestern "snow belt" area.  It's in the South.

House #2:  Designed by an architecture professor at a leading accredited university.  This house incorporates every "green" feature current home construction can offer.  The house is 4,000 square feet (four bedrooms) and is nestled on a high prairie in the American Southwest.  A central closet in the house holds geothermal heat-pumps drawing ground water through pipes sunk 300 feet into the ground.  The water (usually 67 degrees F) heats the house in the winter and cools it in the summer.  The system uses no fossil fuels such as oil or natural gas, and it consumes one-quarter of the electricity required for a conventional HVAC system.  Rainwater from the roof is collected and funneled into a 25,000 gallon underground cistern.  Wastewater from toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern.  The collected water then irrigates the land surrounding the house.  Surrounding flowers and shrubs native to the area enable the property to non-invasively blend into the surrounding landscape.

HOUSE #1 is outside of Nashville, Tennessee. It is the abode of famed  "environmentalist" and former Vice President, Al Gore.

HOUSE #2 is on a ranch near Crawford, Texas. It is the residence the of the of environmental movement's chief villain, U.S. President George W. Bush.

We would all do well to judge people by their actions, not their words.  Despite leftist media and Nobel committee hoopla, Gore is a blathering fool and a hypocrite. 
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 10:32:42 PM »

Oy vey, Steve. I disagree with you. I am joyful, you are not.

I hate Bush. I love Gore. The next election will not place a Republican in the White House. You can gloat over Al Gore's every word and accomplishments but prepare yourself for a Democratic White House for the next eight years.

Have a nice evening.

SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 11:49:40 PM »

Oy vey, Steve. I disagree with you. I am joyful, you are not.

I hate Bush. I love Gore. The next election will not place a Republican in the White House. You can gloat over Al Gore's every word and accomplishments but prepare yourself for a Democratic White House for the next eight years.

Have a nice evening.

Hi Louise: 

With what do you disagree?  It's undeniable that Gore is a hypocrite of the first order.  There are but two explanations for his behavior.  Either: 

1)  He's willfully and callously destroying the planet through his gargantuan "carbon footprint" lifestyle, or

2)  He's completely unconcerned about his carbon emissions because he knows full well that the entire global warming premise that he's been pushing is complete nonsense, which it is. 

It makes no difference, really.  Gore is a hypocrite either way.  As for Bush, I'm not terribly fond of him, myself, for a variety of reasons, nor am I terribly encouraged at the moment by the crop of Republican candidates.  The Communist, i.e. Democrat, candidates, though, are positively frightening.  I'm sure it was the thought of people like them that caused Plato to despair of the long-term prospects of elective government.  At least a person could shake Joe Leiberman's hand and believe he genuinely wanted to do the right thing.  Alas, he was the last REAL Democrat. 
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 01:37:28 AM »

Life is short. To each his own. Be well. Sleep tight

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.