April 19, 2024, 01:52:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: School Votes for Birth Control  (Read 6471 times)
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2007, 05:16:12 PM »

Secular Termites Eating Our Traditional Foundations

We have an issue which is being debated locally here in the valley.  One of the school districts teams up with "Positive Youth Development" to sponsor a fashion show at one of the high schools.  The purpose was to promote modesty in dress for teens in this area.  Well it brought out anti religion groups from all over to protest the promotion of Christian Values.

Not only did they stop the event from occurring in the school on a weekend, but now they are trying to have members of the school board and administration fired. 

This group is an Christian suppression organization.  I had never heard of them before this all flared up, but it doesn't surprise me.  I am not sure where our world is heading, but then neither did Socrates in his day. 

http://americandaily.com/article/20636

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2007, 09:55:09 PM »

My 16 year old daughter got pregnant because she wanted to escape.  She's 28 today and ask her if having a 12 year old was any kind of "escape".   She also got pregnant at 22 and has a 6 year old.    She has not been without the responsibility of children since she was 16 years old.   Ask her how old she feels at 28.   I know she loves her children, but I wonder how her life would have been different had she not gotten pregnant at 16.

I advised her to have an abortion.  She refused.  She understands that what she lost and what she gained in life was by her own hand and her own choice.  But I'm sure that doesn't make her trials and tribulations any easier to live with.

Kids are going to have sex.  If I could do it over again, I would have put birth control in her breakfast cereal and she would never have known.

I'm glad the school in Maine is offering birth control.  It might just save a young girls "life".

Wonderful discussion going on here.

I am from the original oldies group where there was no BCP and abortions were illegal. I remember reading horror stories where girls tried to do abortions on themselves or went to back street butchers and lost either their ability to have children at all or died.

In my generation also the girls who got pregnant were madly in love with the Person they had sex with.Since I did not fall in love until I was 20 that saved me. I still believe in abstinence but also know that is not always possible with raging hormones. So yes I do think it is nice if we can manage to help our young folks by preventing them from getting pregnant in the first place. If this means providing them with BCP then so be it.
The one thing that does worry me though is the sexually transmitted disceases.

I feel Wise Owls answers are so good. It would be great if parents had the time to talk to their children about sex, birth control and STD' I know that in our son and dIL s case they work such long hard hours there is little time left. So of course it would be nice for them to learn about these things at school but in a classroom setting. JMHO

Just a swinging with the tribe
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2007, 12:44:08 AM »

Sam,

Thanks for the quote from SarahD, your daughter who got pregnant at 16. I don't know how getting pregnant is a way to escape. But congratulations to you, a baby is coming into your life and that is a blessing.

I am neither from the old school nor the new school or the new age school. But I got pregnant too at age 16. That is another story and I have not yet plotted a map to share with you.

I do not know what to think. That's most of my problem.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2007, 01:05:00 AM »

Sam,

I think I've made a faux pas. I have no clue whether SarahD is your daughter or not.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.