April 25, 2024, 08:15:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #8 10/24 - 11/19/2007  (Read 215314 times)
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #180 on: October 29, 2007, 10:59:15 AM »

Looks like Sharon already moved Clinton's candles to the next page.  Hope all you monkeys have a good Monday.

Yes, Thank you both.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: October 29, 2007, 11:09:02 AM »

Laughing Laughing

crazybabyborg
« Reply #182 on: October 29, 2007, 12:17:45 PM »

I've posted this before, but in case you missed it, it's one of the best I've recieved in e-mail, and since we're doing "funnies" I wanted to contribute it once more:  Wink

TEXAS CHILI COOK OFF

If you can read this whole story without laughing, then there's no hope for you. I was crying by the end.

This is an actual account as relayed to paramedics at a chili cook-off in Texas.

Note: Please take time to read this slowly. If you pay attention to the first two judges, the reaction

of the third judge is even better. For those of you who have lived in Texas, you know how true this is.

They actually have a Chili Cook-off about the time Halloween comes around. It takes up a major portion

of a parking lot at the San Antonio City Park.

Judge #3 was an inexperienced Chili taster named Frank, who was visiting from Springfield, IL.

Frank: "Recently, I was honored to be selected as a judge at a chili cook-off. The original person

called in sick at the last moment and I happened to be standing there at the judge's table, asking for

directions to the Coors Light truck, when the call came in. I was assured by the other two judges

(Native Texans) that the chili wouldn't be all that spicy; and, besides, they told me I could have free

beer during the tasting, so I accepted and became Judge 3."

Here are the score card notes from the event:

CHILI # 1 - MIKE'S MANIAC MONSTER CHILI

Judge # 1 -- A little too heavy on the tomato. Amusing kick.

Judge # 2 -- Nice, smooth tomato flavor. Very mild.

Judge # 3 (Frank) -- Holy crap, what the hell is this stuff? You could remove dried paint from your driveway. Took me two beers to put the flames out. I hope that's the worst one. These Texans are crazy.

CHILI # 2 - AUSTIN 'S AFTERBURNER CHILI

Judge # 1 -- Smoky, with a hint of pork. Slight jalapeno tang.

Judge # 2 -- Exciting BBQ flavor, needs more peppers to be taken seriously.

Judge # 3 -- Keep this out of the reach of children. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich maneuver. They had to rush in more beer when they saw the look on my face.

CHILI # 3 - FRED'S FAMOUS BURN DOWN THE BARN CHILI

Judge # 1 -- Excellent firehouse chili. Great kick.

Judge # 2 -- A bit salty, good use of peppers.

Judge # 3 -- Call the EPA. I've located a uranium spill. My nose feels like I have been snorting Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now. Get me more beer before I ignite. Barmaid pounded me on the back, now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. I'm getting shit-faced from all of the beer.

CHILI # 4 - BUBBA'S BLACK MAGIC

Judge # 1 -- Black bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing.

Judge # 2 -- Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or other mild foods, not much of a chili.

Judge # 3 -- I felt something scraping across my tongue, but was unable to taste it. Is it possible to burn out taste buds? Sally, the beer maid, was standing behind me with fresh refills. This 300 lb. woman is starting to look HOT just like this nuclear waste I'm eating! Is chili an aphrodisiac?

CHILI # 5 -  LISA'S LEGAL LIP REMOVER

Judge # 1 -- Meaty, strong chili. Cayenne peppers freshly ground, adding considerable kick. Very impressive.

Judge # 2 -- Chili using shredded beef, could use more tomato. Must admit the cayenne peppers make a strong statement.

Judge # 3 -- My ears are ringing, sweat is pouring off my forehead and I can no longer focus my eyes. I farted, and four people behind me needed paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her chili had given me brain damage. Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring beer directly on it from the pitcher. I wonder if I'm burning my lips off. It really ticks me off that the other judges asked me to stop screaming. Screw them.

CHILI # 6 - VERA'S VERY VEGETARIAN VARIETY

Judge # 1 -- Thin yet bold vegetarian variety chili. Good balance of spices and peppers.

Judge # 2 -- The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions, garlic. Superb.

Judge # 3 -- My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous, sulfuric flames. I crapped on myself when I farted, and I'm worried it  will eat through the chair. No one seems inclined to stand behind me except that Sally. Can't feel my lips anymore. I need to wipe my butt with a snow cone.

CHILI # 7 - SUSAN'S SCREAMING SENSATION CHILI

Judge # 1 -- A mediocre chili with too much reliance on canned peppers.

Judge # 2 -- Ho hum, tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of chili peppers at the last moment.

**I should take note that I am worried about Judge #3. He appears to be a bit of distress as he is cursing uncontrollably.

Judge # 3 -- You could put a grenade in my mouth, pull the pin, and I  wouldn't feel a thing. I've lost sight in one eye, and the world sounds like it is made of rushing water. My shirt is covered with chili, which slid unnoticed out of my mouth. My
pants are full of lava to match my shirt. At least during the autopsy, they'll know what killed me.

I've decided to stop breathing it's too painful.

Screw it; I'm not getting any oxygen anyway. If I need air, I'll just suck it in through the 4-inch hole in my stomach.

CHILI # 8 - BIG TOM'S TOENAIL CURLING CHILI

Judge # 1 -- The perfect ending, this is a nice blend chili. Not too bold but spicy enough to declare its existence.

Judge # 2 -- This final entry is a good, balanced chili. Neither mild nor hot. Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge #3 farted, passed out, fell over and pulled the chili pot down on top of himself. Not sure if he's going to make it. Poor feller, wonder how he'd have reacted to really hot chili?

Judge # 3 - No Report
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #183 on: October 29, 2007, 02:15:34 PM »

Klaas...I was going through some old threads in Missing Persons and noticed that a lot have closure, but the headers aren't marked ie found alive or safe as the first couple of pages are. Not sure if you have time to do this, but if you do I have made some lists which I can email to you. Have found some new 'old' articles on closure on some older cases also, but will wait to hear from you as it will bump these cases up and some are quite old. Also found a few doubles. TIA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: October 29, 2007, 02:29:43 PM »

Klaas...I was going through some old threads in Missing Persons and noticed that a lot have closure, but the headers aren't marked ie found alive or safe as the first couple of pages are. Not sure if you have time to do this, but if you do I have made some lists which I can email to you. Have found some new 'old' articles on closure on some older cases also, but will wait to hear from you as it will bump these cases up and some are quite old. Also found a few doubles. TIA

Sure, if you've made a list please do email it to me and I'll fix those threads.
smklaas@hotmail.com

THANKS!
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #185 on: October 29, 2007, 03:06:51 PM »

Sure, if you've made a list please do email it to me and I'll fix those threads.
smklaas@hotmail.com

Klaas...You have mail.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: October 29, 2007, 03:56:35 PM »

smklaas@hotmail.com

Klaas...You have mail.

MUM - thanks so much for sending me the list. I've updated all the headers for those now!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: October 29, 2007, 08:11:40 PM »

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5jKzoj8FfAGXWUxrkgVaPWqXBMDIw

Toddler who survived B.C. plane crash wouldn't leave wreckage without teddy bear
1 hour ago

GOLDEN, B.C. - Rescuers who helped find a three-year-old girl alive in the crumpled wreckage of an airplane in the rugged British Columbia mountains say they knew she was OK when she cried for her teddy bear.

The girl, Kate Williams, miraculously survived the crash on Sunday because she was strapped into a child's car seat, said Mike Plonka, a member of Golden's search-and-rescue team.

Her pilot grandfather, Allen D. Williams, 65, and Steven T. Sutton, died in the accident. The plane was found nose down and flipped over in the icy water on the edge of a riverbank.

"What saved her life was being strapped into that car seat," Plonka said Monday.

"You could see that she was very scared. Her big concern at the time was her little teddy bear. She didn't want to leave without it.

"She was just pointing at it and calling it 'Baby."'

The girl, who suffered head injuries but was listed as stable, was reunited with her parents, said hospital officials in the southeastern B.C. community of Golden. The family was to be flown to the Alberta Children's Hospital in Calgary.

(snipped)
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #188 on: October 29, 2007, 08:37:51 PM »

Hope you all enjoy this!  You can't beat Maxine!!
 -----------------------------------------

Martha Stewart vs Maxine tips for life and living it :
*Martha's Way*
Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent ice cream drips.

*Maxine's Way *

Just suck the ice cream out of the bottom of the cone, for Gawd's sake! You are probably lying on the couch with your feet up eating it, anyway!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

martha :

To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes.   

Maxine:

Buy Hungry Jack mashed potato mix, keep it in the pantry for up to a year.

Martha:
When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking pan, use a bit of the dry cake mix instead and there won't be any white mess on the outside of the cake.
Maxine:
 Go to the bakery! They'll even decorate it for you.

Martha :
If you accidentally over salt a dish while it's still cooking, drop in a peeled potato and it will absorb the excess salt for an instant "fix-me-up."
Maxine

If you over salt a dish while you are cooking, that's too bad. Please recite with me the real woman's motto: "I made it and you will eat it; complaints to the chef can be hazardous to your health!"

Martha :
Wrap celery in aluminum foil when putting in the refrigerator and it will keep for weeks.
Maxine :   
 Celery? Never heard of it!

Martha :

Brush some beaten egg white over pie crust before baking to yield a beautiful glossy finish.
maxine :
 The Mrs. Smith frozen pie directions do not include brushing egg whites over the crust, so I don't.
martha :   
Cure for headaches: take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.
maxine :

Take a lime, mix it with tequila, chill and drink!

-------------------------------------------

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: October 29, 2007, 08:50:34 PM »

Kat_Gram Laughing Laughing

I love Maxine!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #190 on: October 29, 2007, 08:58:52 PM »

I love Maxine!

Me 2  Laughing

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #191 on: October 29, 2007, 10:10:50 PM »

OMG.. I just laughed so hard at all of the jokes...

I had seen the chili joke before but it makes me laugh til I cry every time I see it...

I have a good one at work I will bring in tomorrow....

I don't know what to do with myself now that baseball season is over... Sad

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: October 29, 2007, 10:35:17 PM »

OMG.. I just laughed so hard at all of the jokes...

I had seen the chili joke before but it makes me laugh til I cry every time I see it...

I have a good one at work I will bring in tomorrow....

I don't know what to do with myself now that baseball season is over... Sad

Watch movies.
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #193 on: October 29, 2007, 10:41:22 PM »

I love Maxine!

OMG  I love Maxine too!! Seriously ya'll she reminds me so much of my sister.  She was CRAZY!! Laughing Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: October 30, 2007, 12:43:14 AM »

63 and Pregnant

A woman went to the emergency room, where she was seen by a young new doctor. After about 3 minutes in the examination room, the doctor told her she was pregnant. She burst out of the room and ran down the corridor
screaming. An older doctor stopped her and asked what the problem was; after listening to her story, he calmed her down and sat her in another room.

Then the doctor marched down the hallway to the first doctor's room. "What's the heck's wrong with you?" he demanded. "This woman is 63 years old, she has two grown children and several grandchildren, and you told her she was pregnant?!!

The new doctor continued to write on his clipboard and without looking up said: "Does she still have the hiccups?'
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #195 on: October 30, 2007, 07:35:22 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!
 Maybe we should rename the thread....Monkey Musings and Comedy LOL.Fun to read with my morning coffee!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: October 30, 2007, 08:49:32 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!
 Maybe we should rename the thread....Monkey Musings and Comedy LOL.Fun to read with my morning coffee!

Good morning Mum and all the monkeys  sunny  I've been enjoying the jokes too   Is everyone ready for Halloween? 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #197 on: October 30, 2007, 09:30:55 AM »

Good morning Muffy and peaches!

Klaas...You're welcome and you have mail! and Good Morning!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: October 30, 2007, 01:14:38 PM »

Two Illinois women missing Sunday 10/28/07 - posted in Missing Persons forum:

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #199 on: October 30, 2007, 01:35:14 PM »

Illinois is not sounding too safe lately. We have recent cases of Nailah Franklin and Lisa Stebic as well.

Also there is information of a search Nov 2-4 in the April Pitzer disappearance. April has been missing for three and a half years. I believe the search is in the Bairstow, California area. Carolyn posted it yesterday in April's thread.(page 4)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.