April 26, 2024, 07:15:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #8 10/24 - 11/19/2007  (Read 215346 times)
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #280 on: October 31, 2007, 09:34:19 PM »

A+

Yippee, I love getting good grades!  Laughing

Well done, Klaas.  What was the prize?

Hee Hee - I wasn't far behind you but I did have trouble with the evil twin question.  I could not decide between CBB and Anna (re Anna's siggy line).

I hope everyone had a Happy and spooky Halloween.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #281 on: October 31, 2007, 09:43:09 PM »

A+

Yippee, I love getting good grades!  Laughing

Well done, Klaas.  What was the prize?

Hee Hee - I wasn't far behind you but I did have trouble with the evil twin question.  I could not decide between CBB and Anna (re Anna's siggy line).

I hope everyone had a Happy and spooky Halloween.

Laughing No prize, just the knowledge that I got an A+  Laughing

We don't normally get any trick or treaters and I'm hoping we don't get any this year too so I can have all the candy, LOL  Laughing  I didn't get alot, but I did get stuff I like  Wink  Still early yet here, not even 7pm yet so it's too soon to turn off the porch light.
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #282 on: October 31, 2007, 10:00:24 PM »

We don't normally get any trick or treaters and I'm hoping we don't get any this year too so I can have all the candy, LOL  Laughing  I didn't get alot, but I did get stuff I like  Wink  Still early yet here, not even 7pm yet so it's too soon to turn off the porch light.

You bought your favorite goodies eh Klaas? Hope you aren't skimpy in handing those out tonight..I think you should double the handouts so none is left over to keep you up tonight Wink

Only had a few visitors here tonight and Halloween is almost over Sad Never saw a scary costume but I did see a few super hero's,aliens,football players and princesses  Very Happy

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #283 on: October 31, 2007, 10:29:45 PM »

My Nightmare as kid

When I was about 5 or 6 I was sharing a bedroom with my big brother that looked over our neighborhood from the third story. It was a typical October night but was very foggy and everything seemed to be in slow motion...Something woke me up and I decided to look out the window..I noticed a group of scary looking men walking together about 50 yards away but one of them really stood out and I couldn't keep my eyes off of him..He was tall,dark hair and looked alot like a vampire..I was totally scared so I was peaking out the side of the window behind the curtain so no one would see me. I figured no way could anyone see me as it was completely dark and only part of my head was looking through the very corner of the window..

I thought wrong..When I looked out again he slowly looked up and smiled at me..My hair stood up on the the back of my neck so I ran to my bed. How could he see me from 50 yards away and in total darkness I thought??  I didn't hear or see anything after a few minutes so I decided to see what those men were doing outside in my neighborhood...When I looked out the curtains again his face was 3 inches from mine smiling with his fangs showing as he crouched on my roof in the very corner of the window I was peaking through. Terrified I ran back to my bed and hid under the covers for a few minutes..Again I hear nothing..I slowly peak out and he is standing over my brother smiling with blood dripping from his teeth..I run like heck only to be stopped by seeing one of the men grabbing and shaking my mom and hearing her scream..

Luckily I woke up..But it was a Nightmare I will never forget  Laughing

Happy Halloween!!

I vote this the best Halloween story I have heard today. LOL I used to have nightmares as a child. Heck I still do but no longer monsters.

Klaas you definitley deserve the A+ for getting all of Lalasmoms questions answered correctly.

Just a swinging with the tribe
crazybabyborg
« Reply #284 on: October 31, 2007, 10:33:24 PM »

*******, from one who scares easily, you'd be hell to be around on Halloween!  Laughing

I had lots of trick or treaters, but I have M&Ms left...............plain, peanut, and minis. Those mini's are GOOD!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #285 on: October 31, 2007, 10:36:30 PM »

Anna sent me this photo.  Wonder if it's one of her dogs in a snake costume?  Laughing

P.S.  I don't think this photo was taken by Anna - someone sent it to her  Wink
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #286 on: October 31, 2007, 10:39:11 PM »

Klaas,
My cousin sent me that photo and said this landed on his shoulder as he was removing old siding from the side of their garage about five feet off the ground.

SNAKE!  That should get his attention, right, lol!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #287 on: October 31, 2007, 10:40:52 PM »

Anna sent me this too, it's pretty cool.  Anna - I was able to upload into photobucket.  Click on the photo:

NOTE - TURN YOUR SOUND OFF - THE SOUND DIDN'T WORK

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #288 on: October 31, 2007, 10:41:40 PM »

For those who love a creepy story:

One of the scariest things that ever happened to me happened one night as I was in bed reading getting ready for sleep.  Back then I bred Scotties and Westies and would keep a baby monitor in each of the rooms when there were puppies.  It was so sensitive that I could hear the clocks ticking on the walls.  I kept the monitors on the nightstand beside my bed so I would be sure to hear any puppies crying, etc.

So I am there calmly reading nicely when I hear someone, male, clear their throat over one of the monitors.  Ahem.  This if followed by a soft coughing.  The dilemma, one I had not thought of before is that I don't know which monitor it came from so don't know which room it is coming from.

This matters, too, as the Scottie quarters is free standing and cannot be accessed by the rest of the house.  The Westie room can be.  That means the reverse is possible and anyone in that room could access the rest of the house.

I sat there in terror for a few minutes then finally got up my nerve and peeked in the Westie room.  No one there so at least I knew there was on one in the house with me.  Next morning I went to the Scottie house, very fearful of finding somebody still there but no one.  And the Scotties wouldn't tell either.

I never did find out who this was but tried to tell myself one of the close by neighbors must have a same brand of baby monitor.  I have almost bought this by now, too.  Almost but not quite.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #289 on: October 31, 2007, 10:44:22 PM »

Thanks Sam and CBB Smile It needs a better ending but thats all I have ever remembered..I dont have nightmares very often but this one I never forgot..It scared the crap out of me  Laughing

I was going to end it with it's a dream I have had every year since I was 5 and the only way to lift the curse was to tell it to the internet. The curse would be lifted and the man would haunt those that read the story..lol..Well its the first time I told it to anyone so maybee next year I can write it better  Laughing
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 10:46:14 PM by Observer » Logged

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
crazybabyborg
« Reply #290 on: October 31, 2007, 11:12:36 PM »

Geez.............I'm always glad when Halloween's over.........I skeer easily!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #291 on: October 31, 2007, 11:30:57 PM »

ANNA! Are you here???
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #292 on: October 31, 2007, 11:31:46 PM »

great stories y'all....

*******, I had to quit watching Dark Shawdows as a kid because of nightmares like that! Shocked

My scary Halloween story doesn't exactly involve Halloween but instead a house we looked at when we were looking for houses... it was owned by a "practicing witch"... every room in the house made me and the ppl with us think... they have sacrificed and killed ppl here... and we all thought it in the same room and no one was talking...

they had a basement floor that was dirt, and before you entered the basement a chart of human anatomy that included everything right down to the veins .... needless to say, we by passed that house... I am not giving all the details, but I ran screaming out of that house... LOL....
scary stuff Shocked Shocked Shocked

on a happy note, LOTS of trick or treaters... that made me happy Very Happy

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
crazybabyborg
« Reply #293 on: October 31, 2007, 11:34:59 PM »

I'm not gonna post my scarey story, because I DON'T WANT TO THINK ABOUT IT!  Shocked Laughing

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #294 on: October 31, 2007, 11:36:40 PM »

Anna,

I'm on my way out for the night, but want you to know I have you, your Mom & family in mind.  Hope things are working out, okay.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
crazybabyborg
« Reply #295 on: October 31, 2007, 11:39:29 PM »

Nite 2NJ! I'm going to head that way myself!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #296 on: October 31, 2007, 11:40:36 PM »

Then CBB>>> you shouldn't post it.. no bad thoughts...

Anna I do have your mom added to my list Wink
I am not sure I truly acknowledged you in the prayer thread.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #297 on: October 31, 2007, 11:41:19 PM »

Anna,

I'm on my way out for the night, but want you to know I have you, your Mom & family in mind.  Hope things are working out, okay.

Thank you so much, 2 NJ.  Things are OK, just no way to recover what my mom gave away unfortunately but she is agreeing to live with my sister for the time being so that's good.

PERSONA NON GRATA

crazybabyborg
« Reply #298 on: October 31, 2007, 11:41:54 PM »

Well, I've chased Anna all over this forum. I'm leaving this here for her because I think she'll like it and I hope she sees it. When I run across something, even if it's out of season, I snatch it up if it's a good one!  Laughing

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #299 on: October 31, 2007, 11:42:49 PM »

ANNA! Are you here???

CBB,

I have that RSS feed thing that tells me when there is a new post now so I log off and when there is a new post on this thread or the Natalee one, I log back on.

Very confusing, I know!

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.