April 26, 2024, 06:36:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #8 10/24 - 11/19/2007  (Read 215334 times)
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2007, 03:06:34 PM »

Hi San    My coffe grinder is on the fritz    I guess I can chew beans...    Laughing Laughing  Maybe make a good strong cup of Morning Thunder tea   Idea   to hold me off till I go to take son to school and swing by a coffee joint. 

Can you pulse them in a blender or food processor? Wait, I'll get you a cup of coffee, hon. It's the same as yesterday's, but leftovers will do in a pinch, right?  Wink

CBB and MuffyBee, I know something beter. Look:  Wink

This with coffee time

OR Coffee with bonbons

At dinner time

With dinner time a good glass white wine, rosé or red wine (winter red wine)

Desert winter

Desert summer

And this on the dinner table.......Laughing Wink
Very innocent face of George Clooney

Very sexy, roughly and ?  thumright

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2007, 04:14:54 PM »

Dugga,  Thanks for your prompt reply to my observation/question....I understand.

NYC, Nice desserts, wine & George....all good.  Cool

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2007, 06:14:33 PM »

I heard on the news that Eucalyptus trees were highly flamable and that as the fires approached them, they "popped" like machine guns. They said that they were ornamental trees used in landscaping around homes. I think that if I lived in a fire prone area, my yard would look like your in-laws bare field! It looks like they saved their home and probably others with their effort!

Posting from the land of the Eucalyptus Tree - I can tell you that a bushfire in our Native Gum forests is the most frightening experience.  We are said to be the most fire prone country and there have been considerable loss of life, property, livestock and native animals over the years.  This year promises to be a high fire risk year again with little rain and a hot dry summer forecast.  Even now in our Spring season they have started their TV coverage of what to do to prepare your property and yourselves to protect from bushfires.  People are being advised to clear the house surroundings, clear out roof gutters, and if needed to clear a firebreak around the perimeter of their property.  Local council workers will be out clearing alongside country roadsides and farmers and National Parks rangers will be clearing fire breaks through the bush.  With such high winds burning material can carry long distances to ignite new fires elsewhere. The biggest threat to people is from the thermal heat and the toxic smoke, as well as pollution of water supplies from soot and ash.  Another thing most people do not expect is the horrendous noise of a fire.

Eucalytus Oil is highly inflammable said to be on a par with petrol and in the intense heat of the fire the oil contained in the tree heats up and expands to such a degree that the tree literally explodes.  This causes the rifle shot noise or louder depending on the size of the tree.

I have been following the dreadful fires in California and have added all those affected to my prayers.  There will be many who suffer also who do not lose their homes, from unemployment and economic downturns caused by the damage and losses, as well as health problems from the smoke and soot.

Prayers for all affected.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2007, 08:54:27 PM »

Klaas

A relative had to evacuate DelMar for two nights due to the risk of the eucalyptus trees....which at the time made no sense since they were sending people to the race tract...

I'm on a CDC message list and one of the items sent was the following.  I'm sure you have all the advice you need, but I am posting this link anyhow.  Thinking of you and your smart (to clear that land) family.

http://www.calepa.ca.gov/Disaster/Fire2003/FireAsh.pdf 
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2007, 08:55:50 PM »

Prayers definately being offered up here for those in that area....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2007, 08:59:04 PM »

San,
Originally I was a Yankees fan... in fact the second date I ever went on with Red was at the beach and I had on my Yankee's cap... he looked at me and told me to take the stupid hat off... at some point where it wasn't too awful a comment... and I was all puzzled because he always liked me in a baseball cap...(wear them ALL the time) anyway... later I was kidding around with him and mentioned that to him....

he had to explain the whole rivarly thing to me... because I was at that time a passionate hardcore Atlanta Braves fan and just liked the Yankees...

Don't ask me how I ever got sucked into this whole Red Sox thing... but now I am as nutty as the rest of them.... LOL

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2007, 09:01:46 PM »

One more link (then off to Grey's):

http://www.fire.ca.gov:80/
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2007, 09:19:40 PM »

OK... going to watch the game...

Haven't posted much in Natalee's thread, don't know what to say but I read there and in the missing person's threads every day even when I don't post...

a preacher once told me that "eventually good always wins out"... and I know it does.. so keep the faith..

CBB... please oh please send me a HUGE cup of coffee in the morning... it's like my life line!  Laughing

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2007, 09:31:53 PM »

San,
Originally I was a Yankees fan... in fact the second date I ever went on with Red was at the beach and I had on my Yankee's cap... he looked at me and told me to take the stupid hat off... at some point where it wasn't too awful a comment... and I was all puzzled because he always liked me in a baseball cap...(wear them ALL the time) anyway... later I was kidding around with him and mentioned that to him....

he had to explain the whole rivarly thing to me... because I was at that time a passionate hardcore Atlanta Braves fan and just liked the Yankees...

Don't ask me how I ever got sucked into this whole Red Sox thing... but now I am as nutty as the rest of them.... LOL

Laughing

For me the rivalry started back in 1977 when there was a bench clearing brawl.  But these teams always disliked eachother.

1976: In Martin’s second season, the Yankees unseat the Red Sox as American League champs, but also fall to the Reds in the World Series. Also Lou Pinellia and Carlton Fisk brawl when Pinellia slides in hard into Fisk. Bill Lee injures his shoulder when he tangles with Graig Nettles.

Craig Nettles was my favorite player. Smile
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2007, 09:56:26 PM »

I think tomorrow might be a better day.  Today the air was still full of smoke and ash, it was killing my eyes and nose.  Tonight seems to be a little better, can't smell the smoke in the air now....finally!

Here's a picture I took as the sun was setting over the ocean.  You can't tell in this picture but the sun was bright red, I don't know why it didn't come out in the photo.  The sky is still filled with smoke/haze from the fires and the fires weren't even near us.

P.S.  The sky should be blue  Wink
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2007, 10:22:45 PM »

Klaas ~ the photo you just posted makes me feel short of breath just looking at it.  I hope for blue skies soon for you and the other monkeys in Cali.  My DH and I cleared all the cedar trees from our front lot, and got a lot cleared  from the back side while he was home on vacation last winter, for fire safety.  And the cedar was choking out the live oaks and cedar elms and taking their water.  I removed a lot of shrubs that were up next to the house too.  We still have the area that goes down hill to the creek behind our house.  It's like a small canyon with a wet weather creek down there, and it's overgrown.  We get a lot of wind blowing through there, and I'm hoping if we clear the area and there is a fire, we might be spared.  I can't imagine what it would be like to have my house burn to the ground.  I am truly sorry to see house after house burned in the fires in California. Sad

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2007, 11:29:31 PM »

Hiya Monkeys. Thought I'd stop by & say hello. Life gets in the way ya know!!

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2007, 11:32:48 PM »

Hiya Monkeys. Thought I'd stop by & say hello. Life gets in the way ya know!!

Ah I see you are wearing the official Gold Monkey Chat Bar emblem  Wink

« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 11:37:03 PM by klaasend » Logged
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2007, 11:37:39 PM »

HIya klaas. Pretty avi isn't it?
Hope all the California Monkeys are safe.

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2007, 11:44:26 PM »

HIya klaas. Pretty avi isn't it?
Hope all the California Monkeys are safe.

Pretty?  Actually it reminds me of old Rogier from Scrux.  We are worried about Shell, we know she had to evacuate.  Hoping she didn't lose her home:

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2007, 12:13:42 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,305277,00.html

Poll: One-Third of Americans Believe in Ghosts, UFOs
Thursday , October 25, 2007

WASHINGTON —

It was bad enough when the TV and lights inexplicably flicked on at night, Misty Conrad says. When her daughter began talking to an unseen girl named Nicole and neighbors said children had been murdered in the house, it was time to move.

Put Conrad, a homemaker from Hampton, Va., firmly in the camp of the 34 percent of people who say they believe in ghosts, according to a pre-Halloween poll by The Associated Press and Ipsos. That's the same proportion who believe in unidentified flying objects — exceeding the 19 percent who accept the existence of spells or witchcraft.

Forty-eight percent believe in extrasensory perception, or ESP. But nearly half of you knew we were about to tell you that, right?

Conrad, now 40, lived in Syracuse, Ind., when her family was scared from the house they rented.

"It kind of creeped you out," she recalled this week. "I needed to get us out."

To put the roughly one-third who believe in ghosts and UFOs in perspective, it's about the same as, in recent AP-Ipsos polls, the 36 percent who said they are baseball fans; the 37 percent who said the U.S. made the right decision to invade Iraq; and the 31 percent who approve of the job President Bush is doing.

A smaller but still substantial 23 percent say they have actually seen a ghost or believe they have been in one's presence, with the most likely candidates for such visits including single people, Catholics and those who never attend religious services. By 31 percent to 18 percent, more liberals than conservatives report seeing a specter.

Those who dismissed the existence of ghosts include Morris Swadener, 66, a Navy retiree from Kingston, Wash.

He says he shot one with his rifle when he was a child.

"I woke up in the middle of the night and saw a white ghost in my closet," he said. "I discovered I'd put a hole in my brand new white shirt. My mother and father were not amused."

Three in 10 have awakened sensing a strange presence in the room. For whatever it says about matrimony, singles are more likely than married people to say so.

Fourteen percent — mostly men and lower-income people — say they have seen a UFO. Among them is Danny Eskanos, 44, an attorney in Palm Harbor, Fla., who says as a Colorado teenager he watched a bright light dart across the sky, making abrupt stops and turns.

"I knew a little about airplanes and helicopters, and it was not that," he said. "It's one of those things that sticks in your mind."

Spells and witchcraft are more readily believed by urban dwellers, minorities and lower-earning people. Those who find credibility in ESP are more likely to be better educated and white — 51 percent of college graduates compared to 37 percent with a high school diploma or less, about the same proportion by which white believers outnumber minorities.

Overall, the 48 percent who accept ESP is less than the 66 percent who gave that answer to a similar 1996 Newsweek question.

One in five say they are at least somewhat superstitious, with young men, minorities, and the less educated more likely to go out of their way to seek luck. Twenty-six percent of urban residents — twice the rate of those from rural areas — said they are superstitious, while single men were more superstitious than unmarried women, 31 percent to 17 percent.

The most admitted-to superstition, by 17 percent, was finding a four-leaf clover. Thirteen percent dread walking under a ladder or the groom seeing his bride before their wedding, while slightly smaller numbers named black cats, breaking mirrors, opening umbrellas indoors, Friday the 13th or the number 13.

Generally, women were more superstitious than men about four-leaf clovers, breaking mirrors or grooms prematurely seeing brides. Democrats were more superstitious than Republicans over opening umbrellas indoors, while liberals were more superstitious than conservatives over four-leaf clovers, grooms seeing brides and umbrellas.

Then there's Jack Van Geldern, a computer programmer from Riverside, Conn. Now 51, Van Geldern is among the five percent who say they have seen a monster in the closet — or in his case, a monster's face he spotted on the wall of his room as a child.

"It was so terrifying I couldn't move," he said. "Needless to say I survived the event and never saw it again."

The poll, conducted Oct. 16-18, involved telephone interviews with 1,013 adults and had a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points.

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2007, 12:57:29 AM »

No question I believe in UFO's..Presidents,Astronauts,Pilots and thousands of credible people have all seen them. Lots of evidence on youtube  Wink

I don't believe in Ghosts ot Bigfoot though  Laughing

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2007, 01:22:25 AM »

Just peekinging in to see if there was any word from Shell
I do pray that they are safe and their home was spared...

Off to looking for more "Swaying" music 
Wishing you all the best
SeeeYa

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2007, 01:36:46 AM »

I don't believe in ghosts, haunts and more things around that.
Btw, we somebody believe in ghosts, haunts and ect. That can somebody asked or leaves make crazy. When somebody believe and suicide threats will act.

I also don't believe in many psychic. They are fake and I don't believe them. And btw, some people want studying para-psychic and try to become a psychic. Hahahah too funny. That stupid psychologists, cursist of para-psychic and all around that psychologists workers don't know that you become born with a psychic gift and not that you get it in one day in your life. And really psychics been another people, and amazing when they talk to you.
Psychics have another spirit and another brain then another people.

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2007, 02:59:03 AM »

I don't believe in ghosts, haunts and more things around that.
Btw, we somebody believe in ghosts, haunts and ect. That can somebody asked or leaves make crazy. When somebody believe and suicide threats will act.

I also don't believe in many psychic. They are fake and I don't believe them. And btw, some people want studying para-psychic and try to become a psychic. Hahahah too funny. That stupid psychologists, cursist of para-psychic and all around that psychologists workers don't know that you become born with a psychic gift and not that you get it in one day in your life. And really psychics been another people, and amazing when they talk to you.
Psychics have another spirit and another brain then another people.

???????????????? I am confused I guess.
 Isn" t your daddy a psychic? You said that before? Maybe I am reading your post wrong?   Bad day here.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.