April 19, 2024, 03:53:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #8 10/24 - 11/19/2007  (Read 215234 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #400 on: November 02, 2007, 04:13:59 PM »

OK - I went to Walmart (no..not at 8am Wink) and purchased the very last laptop they had for $348.  I've set it up and reading the book on it now.  Seems pretty cool so far, will let you know  Laughing
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #401 on: November 02, 2007, 04:17:30 PM »

2NJSons_Mom,
I've seen Clean House and it makes me feel better. Many look worse than mine. We've been here 22 years, and with 4 kids, I was gone all of the time-ice skating, hockey, other activities. My motto was "Anything to avoid housework". But I am paying now-everyone's gone, and when they do come home, it's not to help get their stuff removed from here and sent on its way to their homes! It's vacation time! Let's watch tv. So I sit down with them and enjoy their company.
Maybe this Christmas will be different!. I think I need more than hope, though.
Sighhhhhhhhhh.    Neutral

Yes, our sons have boxes of things, framed sports stuff, trophys...you name it...all in boxes here, taking up room.  Nothing budges.  I did the same....hockey, baseball, etc....

Maybe we both need an assistant... Laughing 

Now, I'm going back to finish the sweaters.  I'll be back, later.  Hang in there Maggie...

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #402 on: November 02, 2007, 04:19:18 PM »

OK - I went to Walmart (no..not at 8am Wink) and purchased the very last laptop they had for $348.  I've set it up and reading the book on it now.  Seems pretty cool so far, will let you know  Laughing

Cool....was just talking to our son about the price earlier.  Will check back to read your update. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #403 on: November 02, 2007, 04:33:35 PM »

Angie,
It's not lack of time (I have plenty-don't barf on me) but lack of initiative. It's like my "Get Up and Go" literally "Got Up and Left".

Seriously, I need some charity group to come in and take any toys, etc. they want. I still have 3T clothes hanging in the closet....and she's 27 now.

I'm not proud of myself; but still just sit and stare at it.

Shocked

Honey..
  No barfing at yah. Cause I feel the SAME way..  ESP about the GET UP to GO..  I feel the same. I have been very lazy here today. and its my own fault. Been down in the dumps here alot. work and other issues.  My daughter is 23 Maggie.. and I have a closet her with some of her stuff in it too.   lol She is married.. and I been on her butt.. what are you going to do with it?   I told her she has til the end of the month to decide.. or its going POOF  Smile  My 20 yr old step daughter.. same for her. I called her earlier..  said AMy. look thru your dressers here and closet.. cause I am going on a rampage at the end of the month.  Smile
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: November 02, 2007, 04:43:34 PM »

Angie,
It's not lack of time (I have plenty-don't barf on me) but lack of initiative. It's like my "Get Up and Go" literally "Got Up and Left".

Seriously, I need some charity group to come in and take any toys, etc. they want. I still have 3T clothes hanging in the closet....and she's 27 now.

Shocked

Honey..
  No barfing at yah. Cause I feel the SAME way..  ESP about the GET UP to GO..  I feel the same. I have been very lazy here today. and its my own fault. Been down in the dumps here alot. work and other issues.  My daughter is 23 Maggie.. and I have a closet her with some of her stuff in it too.   lol She is married.. and I been on her butt.. what are you going to do with it?   I told her she has til the end of the month to decide.. or its going POOF  Smile  My 20 yr old step daughter.. same for her. I called her earlier..  said AMy. look thru your dressers here and closet.. cause I am going on a rampage at the end of the month.  Smile

Wink My son is 32 and I still have some stuff of his up in my garage Laughing
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #405 on: November 02, 2007, 04:47:41 PM »

Shocked $348?? Thats pretty cheap!!!

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #406 on: November 02, 2007, 04:49:53 PM »

Angie,

Shocked

Honey..

Wink My son is 32 and I still have some stuff of his up in my garage Laughing

Laughing   Darn kids.. I have a few things of my step sons here as well, the girls .. well they are the worst. 
 I have to laugh kind of.  My parents have things of mine still at their home.. and I am 42... I need to go there someday when I have time and go thru what I  want or don't.  Teenager things mostly..  Shocked
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: November 02, 2007, 04:59:50 PM »

Yep - it was a one day only special.  I needed a backup computer in case this one dies and my old laptop just won't cut it.  Plus I wanted to learn a bit about Vista.  I think it came up to $382 with tax.  Still a good deal.  The salesgal told me they had 30 at 8am and by 10pm, when I went, mine was the only one left.  Wink
Maggie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #408 on: November 02, 2007, 05:04:16 PM »

My 4 are the ultimate pack rats. The oldest is the worst. I keep hearing "Don't get rid of that Mom, I want MY children to wear it...play with it...use it, etc."
Maybe I will have them all tell me about their workouts at the gym (all signed up for time and equipment AND PAID MONEY FOR THE MEMBERSHIP). They do whatever for a couple of hours a day, sweat, smell, go home and take a shower.

I think I will invite them all to my Christmas spa!

"Well behaved women seldom make history..." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #409 on: November 02, 2007, 05:06:17 PM »

Yep - it was a one day only special.  I needed a backup computer in case this one dies and my old laptop just won't cut it.  Plus I wanted to learn a bit about Vista.  I think it came up to $382 with tax.  Still a good deal.  The salesgal told me they had 30 at 8am and by 10pm, when I went, mine was the only one left.  Wink

Shocked   You got a lappy with Vista?   Cool    I am leraning..  SLOWLY.. have more problems with photobucket more then anything.  The updates all the time are a pain in the ass for Vista too.  I am not onlone alot lately.. so I have toi load updates alot anymore.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #410 on: November 02, 2007, 05:10:03 PM »

Shocked   You got a lappy with Vista?   Cool    I am leraning..  SLOWLY.. have more problems with photobucket more then anything.  The updates all the time are a pain in the ass for Vista too.  I am not onlone alot lately.. so I have toi load updates alot anymore.

Yes I did  Laughing I haven't tried going into photobucket from it yet. 

Are you accessing the internet from AOL?  I hate AOL for all the updates they do.  I have it for emergencies if my cable goes out but actually hate it cause it's so slow.  Of course dialup is slow compared to cable but AOL itself seems slower to me due to the constant updates.  Especially when you don't often log on.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #411 on: November 02, 2007, 05:14:56 PM »

My 4 are the ultimate pack rats. The oldest is the worst. I keep hearing "Don't get rid of that Mom, I want MY children to wear it...play with it...use it, etc."
Maybe I will have them all tell me about their workouts at the gym (all signed up for time and equipment AND PAID MONEY FOR THE MEMBERSHIP). They do whatever for a couple of hours a day, sweat, smell, go home and take a shower.

I think I will invite them all to my Christmas spa!

LOL Maggie  Smile

I have to admit , my hubby is the worse of offenders here as far as rat packing. he gets it honestly though from his parents.  He lived out in the country.. I am a city girl.  LOL   I wont EVEN touch his crap in the garage.. but I am going to tackle alot here at the end of the month. We have a 2 car garage.. BUT neither one of us can park in it cause he has another car in there he is working on..  Pffttttttttttttttttttt.. Midlife crisis me thinks.. He is a contractoer .has had his own bussines.. worked for others.. and has tons of materials in the upper and lower deck of his garage.  Its as big as a house..  Angie wont touch things in there. but .. he wont notice he dont use in the house.    Cool Cool
crazybabyborg
« Reply #412 on: November 02, 2007, 05:15:55 PM »

Hey ANGIE! Have you checked the Lounge?  Wink

That's a GREAT price for a laptop!
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #413 on: November 02, 2007, 05:19:54 PM »

Yes I did  Laughing I haven't tried going into photobucket from it yet. 

Are you accessing the internet from AOL?  I hate AOL for all the updates they do.  I have it for emergencies if my cable goes out but actually hate it cause it's so slow.  Of course dialup is slow compared to cable but AOL itself seems slower to me due to the constant updates.  Especially when you don't often log on.

AOL sucks.. I agree there. I am on IE here at SM..  I read other sites thru AOL// I usually have IE and AOL both up at the same time. I have AOL broadband now.. but long ago. I recall Red and Tom talking me into posting on SM thru my Verizon DSL. that was before VISTA.. when I still had  Windows XP.  WHICH,. I admit.. I miss alot.   If you figure out Vista.. let me know and Mere. I think Mere and I are the only 2 on SM that deals with it.. LOL
crazybabyborg
« Reply #414 on: November 02, 2007, 05:22:38 PM »

I wasn't sure how "attached" Angie was to her ears, so I gave her a choice.  Wink

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #415 on: November 02, 2007, 05:22:39 PM »

Hey ANGIE! Have you checked the Lounge?  Wink

That's a GREAT price for a laptop!

TY CBB ~!!  LMAO  I love it !!!   Cool Cool Cool Great job sweety !!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #416 on: November 02, 2007, 05:26:58 PM »

Hadn't thought of it, but I could have put two Santa Hats on you. One for each ear...... Laughing
Maggie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #417 on: November 02, 2007, 05:30:30 PM »

CBB,
Angie looks gorgeous. And the tinkerbell one you did was cute. I hope she uses it.

"Well behaved women seldom make history..." - Eleanor Roosevelt
crazybabyborg
« Reply #418 on: November 02, 2007, 05:39:11 PM »

Thanks, Maggie. You're pretty festive yourself!  Wink
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #419 on: November 02, 2007, 05:44:16 PM »

CBB ... Ducky and I have been discussing this avatar issue and ... have come to a decision ... a decision arrived at because I quack the loudest.  Ducky always backs down.  Laughing

When it is considered that the Christmas season is not far off ... could you do your thing and ... have the Bethleham Star in the background ... something akin to the moon in the Halloween avatar?

Thank you.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.