April 19, 2024, 04:54:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #8 10/24 - 11/19/2007  (Read 215239 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #460 on: November 03, 2007, 11:02:00 AM »

AGAIN!

1 Million Pounds of Ground Beef Recalled Over E. Coli Fears

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307877,00.html

Klaas, here's a another new one.  Seems in the PA area.

Anna - thanks, I just saw it too.  Just posted in the recall area.  Every day it seems another one!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #461 on: November 03, 2007, 11:56:32 AM »

AGAIN!

Anna - thanks, I just saw it too.  Just posted in the recall area.  Every day it seems another one!

Well, there's some lunchbags in New York that were part of a federal program also recalled this morning.  With the pet food recalls, I learned to keep an eye out on the weekends as that seems to be when people 'fess up most.

The lunchbags, if federal, are probably all over the country.  Something about more healthful eating habits in children.  Except for the LEAD, of course, in the vinyl lining of the bags made in CHINA.

So giving a kid an apple in a bag with lead in it is not my idea of more healthful eating.

I tell you, this is where that autism increase is coming from!  You can't expose little kids to lead.  Adults it doesn't effect nearly as much but very bad for children and I would assume that includes during pregnancy.

Next the Chinese will be sending us their radioactive waste from their nuclear projects disguised as teething rings or something.

Somebody's asleep at the switch for sure!

My rant for the morning!

Off to shop, haha!  And wonder what toxic substances I am bringing into my home.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #462 on: November 03, 2007, 03:20:21 PM »

AGAIN!

OffTopic
But what the heck do you do with a MILLION pounds of bad meat?
I mean can they turn it into animal/fish food or does it just end up in some landfills ??

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #463 on: November 03, 2007, 04:55:41 PM »

OldFart: Saw your post, and I have an idea!  Wink I snatched it when I saw it thinking of you. I'll get to it this weekend. In the meantime, if you have that good resolution pic, post it there for me, please? I'll find it if you don't.  Very Happy

You are VERY difficult to "transparent" your background and I lost the one I kept for you, so I'll have to start over, but it's OK, there are several monkeys that I need to create a blank background again with.  Sad You and Louise are the toughest: half your face keeps disappearing because there's not much contrast between part of you and the background, and the background shows through Louise's hair causing it to disappear as well, but hon, YOU'RE WORTH IT and it will help with any avatar I make for you.

KLAAS!!! I Learned how to do something! Do you know how to "replace" a color with another? I didn't, but Tamik's green Christmas background was really bothering me, so I started hunting. You can just "select" the color to be replaced and choose another!  Shocked

I haven't quite figured out the "mask" thing, and it would work better if I could, but I'm on to something!  Very Happy (I know, you probably already know this, but I didn't!)
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #464 on: November 03, 2007, 05:31:38 PM »

Thanks to whoever fixed me...I was having trouble getting the pic to load.  Wink
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #465 on: November 03, 2007, 07:00:12 PM »

LaLa's
The Turkey appears to be much calmer now..  Laughing

CBB
??  "You are VERY difficult to "transparent" ??

Are you trying to say I'm a pain in the Butt!!   Shocked Sad  Sorry.
I left a pic in the AVI thread... not sure if it is what you are looking for  Confused

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #466 on: November 03, 2007, 07:10:59 PM »

LaLa's

CBB

I left a pic in the AVI thread... not sure if it is what you are looking for  Confused

Maybe this will help CBB  Wink

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #467 on: November 03, 2007, 07:32:50 PM »

Thanks to those that lit a candle and said a prayer for April..It appears that there may be some news in the search.

Fom BFN
HELLO ALL,
I HAVE SOME BITTERSWEET NEWS. I JUST GOT A PHONE CALL FROM GLORIA AND ONE OF THE TEAMS LED BY ROSE HAVE DISCOVERED THE HUMAN REMAINS OF A FOOT BONE AND ANOTHER BONE. THESE WERE FOUND  WHERE THE MESSAGE ON THE BATHROOM WALL SAID TO LOOK FOR HER REMAINS. THIS TIME THEY LOOKED ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ROAD. PLEASE PRAY FOR HER , SHE HAD APPROX. A 30 MINUTE DRIVE TO GET THERE FROM WHERE SHE WAS SEARCHING. SHE SHOULD BE GETTING THERE IN ABOUT 5 TO 10 MORE MINUTES.
lOVE ,
alabamamom

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #468 on: November 03, 2007, 07:36:30 PM »

******* - thanks for letting us know.  I pray for Gloria they have found April, may she rest in peace.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #469 on: November 03, 2007, 09:46:03 PM »

Incredibly sad... i hope that gloria is able to find some peace. Those poor girls... ugh.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #470 on: November 03, 2007, 09:54:25 PM »

Hey everybody... don't forget to set your clocks back...

gaining that hour of sleep!  Cool

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #471 on: November 03, 2007, 09:57:14 PM »

Hi mrs. red, I did forget until about 10 minutes ago when I read it on the internet.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #472 on: November 03, 2007, 10:00:39 PM »

Hi mrs. red, I did forget until about 10 minutes ago when I read it on the internet.

I am so excited to get another hour of sleep....

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #473 on: November 03, 2007, 10:03:35 PM »

I'm excited because it won't be so darn dark in the morning.  Laughing
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #474 on: November 03, 2007, 10:07:26 PM »

I'm excited because it won't be so darn dark in the morning.  Laughing

I think it still will be here..  shoot, I leave in the dark, get home in dark,.... no wonder I feel like a bat.  Confused

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #475 on: November 03, 2007, 10:12:36 PM »

Klaas,
Your avi looks cute... makes me think of last weekend.. Red and I spent over an hour just looking at all the Christmas stuff and Lowe's and Home Depot... MAN oh MAN....

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #476 on: November 03, 2007, 10:37:18 PM »

Klaas,
Your avi looks cute... makes me think of last weekend.. Red and I spent over an hour just looking at all the Christmas stuff and Lowe's and Home Depot... MAN oh MAN....

Yep, the stores are all decked out already.  It's really too soon but I figured if the stores can do it so can I. Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #477 on: November 03, 2007, 11:03:03 PM »

Alert  - to those in Illinois:

An Alert for everyone who wishes to help in the search for missing Bolingbrook mother, Stacy Peterson:

Tomorrow (Sunday, November 4) at 10:00 a.m. they're having another search that will meet at 6 Pheasant Chase Court in Bolingbrook, Illinois....

That is in the cul-de-sac in front of Stacy's house.

We are asking everyone to help to get the word out to your mailing list about the search.

They NEED as many volunteers as possible are needed to help cover search areas!
Equusearch is coming in tomorrow, but it's going to take them some time to get things set up, so in the meantime others are organizing searches to try and find Stacy.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #478 on: November 03, 2007, 11:06:21 PM »

LaLa's

CBB

OldFart? I'm sorry! I didn't mean anything by it....really! I should have said it's hard for ME. Klaas had no problem, and you're all fixed now. I hope you like it, but if not, I'll be glad to change it for you. 
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #479 on: November 03, 2007, 11:51:50 PM »

Oh Darling,
I'm sorry my avatar is one of the toughest. Oh no about my hair disappearing! Thank you kindly for all the work you do for the Monkeys. You are very talented in making avatars. I'm not in a rush. I guess sometimes we leave the worst for last.
Love you,
Louise

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.