March 29, 2024, 12:09:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #8 10/24 - 11/19/2007  (Read 214883 times)
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #580 on: November 06, 2007, 10:43:03 PM »

Was to be "Good Works"

Has anyone heard from Shell?

Just getting back here, got internet hookup and new lappy today. So many things to tend to in this situation.We just got our phone hooked up. I cry a lot, but God has been good to me, I feel blessed. Red Cross was wonderful, as were marines, national guard, firefighters and everyday folks who volunteered.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #581 on: November 06, 2007, 10:46:05 PM »

Was to be "Good Works"

Has anyone heard from Shell?

Just getting back here, got internet hookup and new lappy today. So many things to tend to in this situation.We just got our phone hooked up. I cry a lot, but God has been good to me, I feel blessed. Red Cross was wonderful, as were marines, national guard, firefighters and everyday folks who volunteered.

Shell!  Great to hear from you.  Are you renting a place now?  Will you rebuild?  I feel so bad for you.  Is there something we can do to help you?
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #582 on: November 06, 2007, 10:47:37 PM »

Klaas, all my pics are gone, please tend to my avi when you have time. I am not picky, not anymore for sure..lol

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #583 on: November 06, 2007, 10:48:27 PM »

Klaas, all my pics are gone, please tend to my avi when you have time. I am not picky, not anymore for sure..lol

Let me go see if CBB has done a xmas avi for you.  If not I'll put back your normal one.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #584 on: November 06, 2007, 10:56:51 PM »

Klaas, we found a house to rent, not too far from our home we lost. Yes,we will rebuild. Funny thing is, we have a lovely pool and spa now, but no patio furniture and none to be found in stores, weather is getting cool, heater for spa needs repairing and I have no swimsuit..lol...We had 4 dogs, while they were kenneled found out one had cancer and had to put my friend to sleep, I almost fell out of the 3rd story window at the hotel...this has all been traumatic, but my guess is that others have it worse.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #585 on: November 06, 2007, 10:57:38 PM »

Shell  - still searching for your old one.  I've asked CBB if she has it too.  If not we'll fix you up with something really nice, OK?  I'll add it for you as soon as we find it.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #586 on: November 06, 2007, 11:00:54 PM »

Klaas, we found a house to rent, not too far from our home we lost. Yes,we will rebuild. Funny thing is, we have a lovely pool and spa now, but no patio furniture and none to be found in stores, weather is getting cool, heater for spa needs repairing and I have no swimsuit..lol...We had 4 dogs, while they were kenneled found out one had cancer and had to put my friend to sleep, I almost fell out of the 3rd story window at the hotel...this has all been traumatic, but my guess is that others have it worse.

Geez  Shocked

Yes, it is getting cold and I'm glad.  At least it's not dry/hot and santa ana winds.  Sorry to hear about your dog, so sad.  Glad you were able to get them all evacuated though.  Also glad you're going to rebuild.

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #587 on: November 06, 2007, 11:06:13 PM »

Red Cross, FEMA, our insurance, friends, and the community have all come together on this one...SM can help by doing what they do best...Being compassionate and offering up prayers.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #588 on: November 06, 2007, 11:13:26 PM »

Red Cross, FEMA, our insurance, friends, and the community have all come together on this one...SM can help by doing what they do best...Being compassionate and offering up prayers.

Shell - can I ask what insurance carrier you have?  I'm happy to hear they have treated you well.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #589 on: November 06, 2007, 11:21:53 PM »

I will share the window story. 3rd floor, someone (a prior occupant) had removed the window stop, making the window able to open fully.. We had window open for fresh air and i lost my balance when i leaned over a suitcase and the air conditioning unit to close the drapes...I fell into the screen (which gave way) and was basically teetering there unable to get back in had it not been for the help of both daughter and hubby. They grabbed me and pulled me back into the room.

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #590 on: November 06, 2007, 11:23:15 PM »

Shell - can I ask what insurance carrier you have?  I'm happy to hear they have treated you well.

Liberty Mutual

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #591 on: November 06, 2007, 11:24:37 PM »

Good night you all, take care.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #592 on: November 06, 2007, 11:24:55 PM »

I will share the window story. 3rd floor, someone (a prior occupant) had removed the window stop, making the window able to open fully.. We had window open for fresh air and i lost my balance when i leaned over a suitcase and the air conditioning unit to close the drapes...I fell into the screen (which gave way) and was basically teetering there unable to get back in had it not been for the help of both daughter and hubby. They grabbed me and pulled me back into the room.

OMG - I'm sure glad they were able to grab you!  Did they take pictures first, LOL  Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: November 06, 2007, 11:25:36 PM »

Good night you all, take care.

Nite Shell - HUGS to you!  Thanks for checking in with us.  We'll keep praying for you!
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #594 on: November 06, 2007, 11:40:49 PM »

I can do that..I pray everything works out for you and your family and you can have your life back. God Bless..

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #595 on: November 07, 2007, 12:03:20 AM »

Prayers for Shell and her family....sounds like they were lucky and not so lucky...and the lucky is the close winner...sorry for your loss, Shell...but happy you are okay and you will rebuild...God Bless..

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #596 on: November 07, 2007, 03:14:06 AM »

Anyone feel the earthquake?

Shell I am glad you are OK... watch out for the sneak stuff like PTSD. If you start to get any resistance form you insurance company in anyway, then hire one of those companies that deal with them.. (not a clean up company) but a company of profressionals. I had to fight with State Farm for years over the fire and then earthquake. After fighting for over a year with State Farm over the fire, I hired an Adjuster company .... well worth it!!!  I'd be healthier now and happier now if I hadn't waited so long to hire them.

Good luck.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #597 on: November 07, 2007, 10:30:49 AM »

Good morning!

Ibe...what earthquake?

Shell....glad you could check in and let us know how you're doing. Sorry to hear about your friend.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #598 on: November 07, 2007, 10:42:21 AM »

Klaasend  or San,

I just posted on the Food & Product thread and just noticed I put the link in the middle of the article....

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #599 on: November 07, 2007, 10:48:58 AM »

Klaas...just sent you an email!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.