April 26, 2024, 03:15:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #8 10/24 - 11/19/2007  (Read 215342 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #600 on: November 07, 2007, 12:01:50 PM »

Klaas...just sent you an email!

Thanks, will check in a minute  Wink
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #601 on: November 07, 2007, 12:02:59 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,308817,00.html

Study: Carrying Around an Extra 25 Pounds Doesn't Appear to Raise Risk of Dying From Cancer, Heart Disease
Tuesday , November 06, 2007

CHICAGO —

Being 25 pounds overweight doesn't appear to raise your risk of dying from cancer or heart disease, says a new government study that seems to vindicate Grandma's claim that a few extra pounds won't kill you.

Released just a few weeks before Thanksgiving, the findings might comfort some who can't seem to lose those last 15 pounds. And they hearten proponents of a theory that it's possible to be "fit and fat."

(snipped)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #602 on: November 07, 2007, 12:24:08 PM »

It's so good to hear from Shell! Prayers and Hugs going her way!

Well, here's some more musings that haven't been picked up and I'm hoping will find their owners here  Wink:

CASA:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/Casa-Christmas.gif

MAGNOLIA:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/MCG.gif

NONESUCHE:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/NC-1.gif

SAM:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/CS.gif

AZLADY:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/caz.gif

IBE:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/CIB.gif

There's more in the Lounge!  Very Happy
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 01:16:13 PM by crazybabyborg » Logged
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #603 on: November 07, 2007, 04:15:54 PM »

Hi Monkeys!  I experienced my first ever space shuttle sonic boom this morning....it was great.  The shuttle flew over my town, of course, it was so high it only resembled a little speck of silver, but with binoculars you could tell what it was.  So much fun and I had to share...see you guys later.
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #604 on: November 07, 2007, 06:17:59 PM »

Well am also glad that Shell is ok  and sorry but I had to LOL at the window story Shell I can just see you 1/2 in and 1/2 out LOL  Had to be a Kodak moment  <g>  Prayers go out for you from Lady Jessica  and I  Jerry from Ohio .
  and for CBB  may I add my name to the Xmas avatar list  maybe something with animals in it  or a Kitten ?  TIA  Jerry from Ohio

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
Maggie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #605 on: November 07, 2007, 06:59:23 PM »

What did Shell's avi use to be?

"Well behaved women seldom make history..." - Eleanor Roosevelt
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #606 on: November 07, 2007, 07:17:35 PM »

What did Shell's avi use to be?

This was the original one she started using at SM:

This was the last one she was using: Laughing

I fixed her up with this for Christmas:  Wink

« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 07:19:55 PM by klaasend » Logged
Maggie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #607 on: November 07, 2007, 08:01:18 PM »

Klaas,
Very cute!

"Well behaved women seldom make history..." - Eleanor Roosevelt
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #608 on: November 07, 2007, 08:59:46 PM »

FYI - anyone following the Stacy Peterson case should tune into Greta tonight.  Lot's of new developments.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #609 on: November 08, 2007, 12:01:44 AM »

Jerry From Ohio wrote:
Well am also glad that Shell is ok  and sorry but I had to LOL at the window story Shell I can just see you 1/2 in and 1/2 out LOL  Had to be a Kodak moment  <g>  Prayers go out for you from Lady Jessica  and I  Jerry from Ohio .
  and for CBB  may I add my name to the Xmas avatar list  maybe something with animals in it  or a Kitten ?  TIA  Jerry from Ohio

Hi Jerry! You didn't mention your cowboy being in the avatar, so I thought I'd see if any of these critters interest you. If not, just let me know and we'll find you something you'll like, I promise!   Wink

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/christmaspup.gif

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/cj.gif

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/CMS.gif

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/CB.gif

« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 01:32:30 AM by crazybabyborg » Logged
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #610 on: November 08, 2007, 12:40:46 AM »

Has this been posted yet?  What is the world coming to???   Shocked

Report: Aqua Dots Recalled for Possibly Containing Date Rape Drug
Wednesday, November 07, 2007

WASHINGTON  —

Millions of Chinese-made toys for children have been pulled from shelves in North America and Australia after scientists found they contain a chemical that converts into a powerful date rape drug when ingested. Two children in the U.S. and three in Australia were hospitalized after swallowing the beads.

With only seven weeks until Christmas, the recall is yet another blow to the toy industry — already bruised by a slew of recalls this past summer.

In the United States, the toy goes by the name Aqua Dots, a highly popular holiday toy distributed by Toronto-based Spin Master Toys. They are called Bindeez in Australia, where they were named toy of the year at an industry function earlier this year.

It could not immediately be learned whether Aqua Dots beads are made in the same factories as the Bindeez product. Both are sold by Australia-based Moose Enterprises.

The toy beads are sold in general merchandise stores and over the Internet for use in arts and crafts projects. They can be arranged into designs and fused together when sprayed with water.

Scientists say a chemical coating on the beads, when ingested, metabolizes into the so-called date rape drug gamma hydroxy butyrate. When eaten, the compound — made from common and easily available ingredients — can induce unconsciousness, seizures, drowsiness, coma and death.

Naren Gunja from Australia's Poisons Information Center said the drug's effect on children was "quite serious ... and potentially life-threatening."

The recall was announced by the Consumer Product Safety Commission on Wednesday several hours after published reports about the recall in Australia.

The two U.S. children who swallowed Aqua Dot beads went into nonresponsive comas, commission spokesman Scott Wolfson said Wednesday afternoon.

In Australia, the toys were ordered off store shelves on Tuesday when officials learned that a 2-year-old boy and a 10-year-old girl were hospitalized after swallowing the beads. A 19-month-old toddler also was being treated.

The news jolted the toy industry because Aqua Dots has been one of the few bright stars of the toy selling season, which, along with overall retailing, has gotten off to a sluggish start. The item, which had been heavily advertised, had appeared on many toy experts' list of must-have holiday toys, and toy sellers are now in the midst of canceling advertising and scrambling to figure out how to replace it.

Chris Byrne, a New York-based toy consultant, noted that the incidents could have been isolated, and Spin Master may be erring on the side of caution.

"This is something that they could not have foreseen. This is an extremely hot toy. ... It's a little scary," Byrne said.

In a statement, Toys "R" Us Inc., said that it issued on Tuesday a "stop sale" on the entire Spin Master Aqua Dots product line in its North American stores and on its Web site after it learned of the news. "We understand that Spin Master and U.S. regulatory authorities are investigating this product and we have asked Spin Master to fully explain what it believes happened," said the toy seller in a statement.

Meanwhile, a separate recall was announced for 405,000 children's products made in China, most of them toy cars, because of dangerous levels of lead.

The recall includes about 380,000 Pull-Back Action Toy Cars imported by Dollar General Merchandising Inc. of Goodlettsville, Tenn., and 7,500 Dragster and Funny Car toys imported by International Sourcing Ltd. of Springfield, Mo.

Four of the recalled products were imported by Schylling Associates Inc. of Rowley, Mass., including the items Duck Family Collectable Wind-Up Toy, Dizzy Ducks Music Box, "Robot 2000" collectable tin robot and Winnie-the-Pooh Spinning Top. The company recalled another 66,000 spinning tops Aug. 22.

Representatives from Schylling Associates Inc. were not immediately available for comment.

Wednesday's recalls include about 7,200 "Big Red" Wagons imported by Northern Tool & Equipment Co. of Burnsville, Minn. Totaling about 405,700, the recalled children's products all had excessive levels of lead in their surface paint.

Although no illnesses connected to the toy car recall have been reported, lead is toxic if ingested by young children. Children's products found to have more than 0.06 percent lead accessible to users are subject to a recall.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,309318,00.html

I saw this on Fox News at lunch and thought I was hearing things! 

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #611 on: November 08, 2007, 07:58:40 AM »

Good morning Monkeys!

Hey Lala's...Thanks for sharing about the shuttle. Happened to be in Florida and saw Columbia take off one year. It was fantastic! Will never forget the moment I heard it had crashed and the shivers it sent down my spine. Sad

Bringing this over from the Missing Persons thread as it is getting closer. If anyone know of groups or can help themselves, please let Carolyn know. The search is going to be in the Ward Ln, Princeton area.

Search Pending for Louisiana - Help Needed. January 2008 - Request by TES
« on: October 19, 2007, 03:12:28 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone...my name is Carolyn Johnson - my son Clinton Nelson went missing from Princeton LA on 9/1/2006.  Texas Equu Search is going to be doing another search in January 2008 - probably the second or third week.  We will provide definite dates later this year.  There is around 15 miles that may need to be searched and we need as many volunteers as we can get.  If anyone knows of search and rescue teams that may be willing to help that would also be great.  If you are interested please let me know and I will get your information to Cindy from TES so that we can start putting a list together. 

Thank you in advance for all of your help and consideration.

Take Care.

Carolyn Johnson

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #612 on: November 08, 2007, 09:30:59 AM »

Has this been posted yet?  What is the world coming to???   Shocked

Report: Aqua Dots Recalled for Possibly Containing Date Rape Drug
Wednesday, November 07, 2007

WASHINGTON  —

Millions of Chinese-made toys for children have been pulled from shelves in North America and Australia after scientists found they contain a chemical that converts into a powerful date rape drug when ingested. Two children in the U.S. and three in Australia were hospitalized after swallowing the beads.

With only seven weeks until Christmas, the recall is yet another blow to the toy industry — already bruised by a slew of recalls this past summer.

In the United States, the toy goes by the name Aqua Dots, a highly popular holiday toy distributed by Toronto-based Spin Master Toys. They are called Bindeez in Australia, where they were named toy of the year at an industry function earlier this year.

It could not immediately be learned whether Aqua Dots beads are made in the same factories as the Bindeez product. Both are sold by Australia-based Moose Enterprises.

The toy beads are sold in general merchandise stores and over the Internet for use in arts and crafts projects. They can be arranged into designs and fused together when sprayed with water.

Scientists say a chemical coating on the beads, when ingested, metabolizes into the so-called date rape drug gamma hydroxy butyrate. When eaten, the compound — made from common and easily available ingredients — can induce unconsciousness, seizures, drowsiness, coma and death.

Naren Gunja from Australia's Poisons Information Center said the drug's effect on children was "quite serious ... and potentially life-threatening."

The recall was announced by the Consumer Product Safety Commission on Wednesday several hours after published reports about the recall in Australia.

The two U.S. children who swallowed Aqua Dot beads went into nonresponsive comas, commission spokesman Scott Wolfson said Wednesday afternoon.

In Australia, the toys were ordered off store shelves on Tuesday when officials learned that a 2-year-old boy and a 10-year-old girl were hospitalized after swallowing the beads. A 19-month-old toddler also was being treated.

The news jolted the toy industry because Aqua Dots has been one of the few bright stars of the toy selling season, which, along with overall retailing, has gotten off to a sluggish start. The item, which had been heavily advertised, had appeared on many toy experts' list of must-have holiday toys, and toy sellers are now in the midst of canceling advertising and scrambling to figure out how to replace it.

Chris Byrne, a New York-based toy consultant, noted that the incidents could have been isolated, and Spin Master may be erring on the side of caution.

"This is something that they could not have foreseen. This is an extremely hot toy. ... It's a little scary," Byrne said.

In a statement, Toys "R" Us Inc., said that it issued on Tuesday a "stop sale" on the entire Spin Master Aqua Dots product line in its North American stores and on its Web site after it learned of the news. "We understand that Spin Master and U.S. regulatory authorities are investigating this product and we have asked Spin Master to fully explain what it believes happened," said the toy seller in a statement.

Meanwhile, a separate recall was announced for 405,000 children's products made in China, most of them toy cars, because of dangerous levels of lead.

The recall includes about 380,000 Pull-Back Action Toy Cars imported by Dollar General Merchandising Inc. of Goodlettsville, Tenn., and 7,500 Dragster and Funny Car toys imported by International Sourcing Ltd. of Springfield, Mo.

Four of the recalled products were imported by Schylling Associates Inc. of Rowley, Mass., including the items Duck Family Collectable Wind-Up Toy, Dizzy Ducks Music Box, "Robot 2000" collectable tin robot and Winnie-the-Pooh Spinning Top. The company recalled another 66,000 spinning tops Aug. 22.

Representatives from Schylling Associates Inc. were not immediately available for comment.

Wednesday's recalls include about 7,200 "Big Red" Wagons imported by Northern Tool & Equipment Co. of Burnsville, Minn. Totaling about 405,700, the recalled children's products all had excessive levels of lead in their surface paint.

Although no illnesses connected to the toy car recall have been reported, lead is toxic if ingested by young children. Children's products found to have more than 0.06 percent lead accessible to users are subject to a recall.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,309318,00.html

I saw this on Fox News at lunch and thought I was hearing things! 

I added a thread for the Australia toy a couple days ago under Product Recalls.  The US info was added to that thread yesterday. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #613 on: November 08, 2007, 10:08:12 AM »

We need to stop importing all that Chinese crap until they can prove it's all safe.  What nerve!  Sending all that toxic crap over here!

Enough is enough.  Buy American.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #614 on: November 08, 2007, 10:20:00 AM »

We need to stop importing all that Chinese crap until they can prove it's all safe.  What nerve!  Sending all that toxic crap over here!

Yep...You're right Peaches. I think they're trying to do us in!

And don't go to any 'tropical island paradise' unless it's under US or Aussie jurisdiction!
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #615 on: November 08, 2007, 12:12:19 PM »

ummmm..what will i be for christmas this year....no tree up FOM's ass.....
what would make me smile???????????

ummmmm....can u put me on top of this reallly cute  boy(23) who delivered my hot tub?  (He looks lilke Tom Brady but blonde......)

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #616 on: November 08, 2007, 12:13:29 PM »

i am making myself horny.

BAD monkey Rolling Eyes

I think my hot tub needs to be serviced......... Laughing

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #617 on: November 08, 2007, 12:32:41 PM »

FOM - I'll see what I can come up with for you  Wink
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #618 on: November 08, 2007, 12:33:51 PM »

Sad

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,309464,00.html

Bodybuilding Champion, 22, Found Dead in Bathroom of Alabama Dorm Room
Thursday , November 08, 2007

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. —

A 22-year-old national bodybuilding champion was found dead in the bathroom of his University of Alabama dorm room.

Dan Puckett was found Wednesday morning by his roomate, according to a MyFoxBirmingham report.

The senior, who would have graduated in December, had complained of a possible muscle injury after returning home from the gym the day before, according tot he report.

Capt. Loyd Baker, commander of the Tuscaloosa County Metro Homicide Unit, told MyFoxBirmingham, there were no visible signs of trauma or any suggestion of foul play.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #619 on: November 08, 2007, 12:38:11 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Nov08/0,4670,ToysDateRapeDrug,00.html

Mom: Chemical-Laced Toy Made Son 'Drunk'

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.