April 26, 2024, 02:14:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #8 10/24 - 11/19/2007  (Read 215340 times)
Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #680 on: November 11, 2007, 01:40:20 AM »

Patti,
The RU site made a whole thread about how much they hate me one time, lol.  Goes with the territory.  Just grow a thick skin and consider the source.

I haven't read on the FP much lately, no time.  Have been following the search for Stacey instead.  But I do know any mention of race and somebody will try to take it the wrong way.  That and religion are two subjects I just try to avoid completely.  They never fail to upset somebody no matter how hard you try to use tact and be completely fair.  Just my opinion for what it's worth which is not much.

We are all very frustrated right now as Natalee's case may be ended at the end of the year and what then?  We've gone over everything too many times already and it's taking a toll on all of us I think.

MO

Anna:

I think you're right.  I need to either make one comment and leave it alone or avoid the subject
completely.  I think that it was you that said that she has bi-racial children... so do I.  A son and
a daughter.  So you can imagine... well you know.

It hurts....

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #681 on: November 11, 2007, 01:45:02 AM »

Well, you're an amazing woman, anyway.  I don't know how you do all the things
you do, all at the same time.  I take my hat off to you.

Me?  I'm going to try to do better and make well-thought out comments instead
of being reactionary.

That's what Richard does.  He makes his comment, then gets off.  He doesn't
engage in discussion.  That was his advise to me.

Makes sense, huh?

Anyway, talk to Dugga and I'm going to change some things on my end.  Maybe
I'll start posting more links and doing more research, instead of wasting my time
and energy arguing.  It's alot more work, but it is more beneficial for everyone,
especially, the Holloways.

Okay?

Okay!  I sent that email tonight to Dugga so hopefully you'll be fixed up tomorrow unless Dugga is busy. 

I'm going to call it a night!

GOODNIGHT ALL!
Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #682 on: November 11, 2007, 01:47:57 AM »

Well, you're an amazing woman, anyway.  I don't know how you do all the things
you do, all at the same time.  I take my hat off to you.

Me?  I'm going to try to do better and make well-thought out comments instead
of being reactionary.

That's what Richard does.  He makes his comment, then gets off.  He doesn't
engage in discussion.  That was his advise to me.

Makes sense, huh?

Anyway, talk to Dugga and I'm going to change some things on my end.  Maybe
I'll start posting more links and doing more research, instead of wasting my time
and energy arguing.  It's alot more work, but it is more beneficial for everyone,
especially, the Holloways.

Okay?

Okay!  I sent that email tonight to Dugga so hopefully you'll be fixed up tomorrow unless Dugga is busy. 

I'm going to call it a night!

GOODNIGHT ALL!

Okay...

Thank you, Klaas!!!!

Nite...

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
crazybabyborg
« Reply #683 on: November 11, 2007, 05:29:10 PM »

I have a question.........a silly one but my money is that you guys will know the answer. Is there a way to put the little "o" on a number to denote degree on a computer keyboard? Like in a recipe, if you were saying, "Bake at 350*", I always use the asterick because I can't find the little "o".

Anybody?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #684 on: November 11, 2007, 05:49:14 PM »

I have a question.........a silly one but my money is that you guys will know the answer. Is there a way to put the little "o" on a number to denote degree on a computer keyboard? Like in a recipe, if you were saying, "Bake at 350*", I always use the asterick because I can't find the little "o".

Anybody?

ALT + 0176

376°

http://home.earthlink.net/~awinkelried/keyboard_shortcuts.html
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #685 on: November 11, 2007, 05:51:35 PM »

Anybody?

I am by no means an expert, but I believe you would have to type using a word processor program (such as WORD) and insert a symbol (such as a degree sign).  It will have a selection. I do not know a keyboard shortcut for "extra" characters.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #686 on: November 11, 2007, 05:52:34 PM »

Anybody?

ALT + 0176

376°

http://home.earthlink.net/~awinkelried/keyboard_shortcuts.html

Wow...I take it all back!!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #687 on: November 11, 2007, 05:55:13 PM »

Of course Klaas beat me... Rolling Eyes Laughing

http://www.worldstart.com/tips/tips.php/469

You can check Symbols by font....on this computer for Arial is says Alt + 0186, but right now, I'm not sure what font I'm looking at...

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: November 11, 2007, 05:56:02 PM »

Anna:

I think you're right.  I need to either make one comment and leave it alone or avoid the subject
completely.  I think that it was you that said that she has bi-racial children... so do I.  A son and
a daughter.  So you can imagine... well you know.

It hurts....

Yes, Patti, all three of my children are Hispanic and registered with the Bureau of Census, etc. as such.  They are my natural children so are half Caucasian but chose to call themselves Hispanic because they have Hispanic surname and do no want to be accused of denying that their father if from Latin America and they are first generation on his side.

I might add that I even think the expanded gene pool has made them quite handsome, very healthy and bright!

Many, many people today are of mixed heritage racially or whatever you want to call it.

There is but one race, the human race. 

Yes, I resent very much when idiots refer to this site as the Monkkkeys and call us the Klan.  They should be ashamed of themselves because they have no idea even to whom they are speaking.  But they're not so I just forget about backward people like that.

This site is about as far from the Klan as it could get!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #689 on: November 11, 2007, 06:00:43 PM »

You can check Symbols by font....on this computer for Arial is says Alt + 0186, but right now, I'm not sure what font I'm looking at...

Times New Roman = Alt + 0176   But I can't get it to work!!!

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: November 11, 2007, 06:04:41 PM »

Times New Roman = Alt + 0176   But I can't get it to work!!!

You have to make sure to use your numeric keypad on the right of the keyboard and also have you numlock on.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #691 on: November 11, 2007, 06:07:46 PM »

It is also helpful if you are 100° holding the Alt key and not Ctl... Laughing (that's what I was doing, btw)

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #692 on: November 11, 2007, 06:23:43 PM »

This sounds rather important on that link, too.

Now, all you have to do is hit your keystroke combo (Alt+0169) whenever you need the beloved ©. Oh, and when you type in the numbers, be sure to use the keypad on the right-hand side of your keyboard, not the ones above your letter keys.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #693 on: November 11, 2007, 06:32:40 PM »

This sounds rather important on that link, too.

Now, all you have to do is hit your keystroke combo (Alt+0169) whenever you need the beloved ©. Oh, and when you type in the numbers, be sure to use the keypad on the right-hand side of your keyboard, not the ones above your letter keys.

Anna, it's amazing how much one can forget when it's not used....I have forgotten Excel & Word formatting tips that I had gotten along the way.  Trial and error eventually brings some of them back.   Keystrokes are not one of my strong points, but I have worked with people who were wizards with them. 

And I hope everyone understood when I said 100° instead of 100%....guess it was a senior moment.... silent

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #694 on: November 11, 2007, 06:34:17 PM »

Well I printing out the first list of shortcuts, to take into work, but now I see the keystroke listed at the bottom right on the symbol page.

Thanks everyone. I'm all excited now!!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: November 11, 2007, 06:41:32 PM »

Yes, we can copyright and add symbols to everything now.

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #696 on: November 11, 2007, 06:52:59 PM »

Nonesuche posted a link in the Lounge:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2317.0

I ordered one and got it already!  My "children" seem to be quite happy with their new toy!  FYI - they look like children but they are actually 10 and 12yrs old  Wink

Laughing

Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #697 on: November 11, 2007, 07:13:45 PM »

Hi Klaas and Everybody!!!!

I just posted something to the front page and it didn't go straight through.

I just wanted to let you know.

My kids just showed up, so I'll touch bases with you after they leave.

Thanks...

Patti

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #698 on: November 11, 2007, 07:15:53 PM »

Hi Klaas and Everybody!!!!

I just posted something to the front page and it didn't go straight through.

I just wanted to let you know.

My kids just showed up, so I'll touch bases with you after they leave.

Thanks...

Patti

Yes I know Patti.  I haven't seen Dugga around today and he's the one that needs to fix it.  I did email both he and Red last night though so when I see Dugga I'll remind him.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #699 on: November 11, 2007, 07:43:53 PM »

Nonesuche posted a link in the Lounge:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2317.0

I ordered one and got it already!  My "children" seem to be quite happy with their new toy!  FYI - they look like children but they are actually 10 and 12yrs old  Wink

Laughing

Laughing Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.