April 24, 2024, 05:15:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #8 10/24 - 11/19/2007  (Read 215293 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #960 on: November 18, 2007, 11:00:36 PM »

OK, Just thought you might be on to something with that!  Thanks.

This is the closest I could find:

Off to watch Dexter now  Wink
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #961 on: November 18, 2007, 11:15:26 PM »

Thanks Dana " Great Show"  I manage to hear parts. And thanks to the  Monkeys for Highlights/Recap but Will have to listen to the PodCast Sad

I know no one ever reads my sig line.. But I still believe in it
"It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out."   
 It just may  not happen in the time frame we have in mind...
JMO of course

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #962 on: November 18, 2007, 11:43:47 PM »

Thought this was interesting.  Shocked

Chavez crosses Saudi law at OPEC opening
Published on Monday, November 19, 2007     n 

RIYADH (AFP): Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez broke Saudi Arabia's strict religious laws during an opening address at an OPEC summit on Saturday by making a sign of the cross at the start of his speech.

The Catholic leftwing president, who issued a warning about rocketing oil prices and encouraged OPEC to become actively involved in foreign policy, began his speech with the ritualistic Christian hand movement.

He went on to make two references to Christ at a ceremony attended by Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah -- the custodian of Islam's holiest sites -- and other leaders from the 12-member oil exporters' group.

Under Saudi law, the act of practising a religion other than Islam in public and non-Islamic religious symbols are forbidden.

The ultra-conservative kingdom enforces a strict form of Sunni Islam known as Wahhabism and also forbids unrelated men and women from associating with each other, bans women from driving and requires them to cover head-to-toe in public.

Just before Chavez spoke -- he opened the ceremony because he was the host of the last OPEC summit in Caracas in 2000 -- verses of the Koran were read to the assembled delegates.

The Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries counts Algeria, Angola, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Nigeria, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, the United Arab Emirates and Qatar as members.

http://www.caribbeannetnews.com/news-4608--12-12--.html

2 4 1
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #963 on: November 19, 2007, 12:07:39 AM »

Thought this was interesting.  Shocked

Chavez crosses Saudi law at OPEC opening
Published on Monday, November 19, 2007     n 

RIYADH (AFP): Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez broke Saudi Arabia's strict religious laws during an opening address at an OPEC summit on Saturday by making a sign of the cross at the start of his speech.

The Catholic leftwing president, who issued a warning about rocketing oil prices and encouraged OPEC to become actively involved in foreign policy, began his speech with the ritualistic Christian hand movement.

He went on to make two references to Christ at a ceremony attended by Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah -- the custodian of Islam's holiest sites -- and other leaders from the 12-member oil exporters' group.

Under Saudi law, the act of practising a religion other than Islam in public and non-Islamic religious symbols are forbidden.

The ultra-conservative kingdom enforces a strict form of Sunni Islam known as Wahhabism and also forbids unrelated men and women from associating with each other, bans women from driving and requires them to cover head-to-toe in public.

Just before Chavez spoke -- he opened the ceremony because he was the host of the last OPEC summit in Caracas in 2000 -- verses of the Koran were read to the assembled delegates.

The Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries counts Algeria, Angola, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Nigeria, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, the United Arab Emirates and Qatar as members.

http://www.caribbeannetnews.com/news-4608--12-12--.html

It is interesting.  If this was the United States that did this we would have never heard the end of it.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #964 on: November 19, 2007, 12:09:21 AM »

Hey Monkeys...

Just doing a drive by... But I will be here tomorrow, I want to hear what y'all think on a bunch of stuff...

Klass or CBB... I am asking one of you for a favor, will you change my clothes for me?  I want to be surprised.... I loved all 3 of the last avi's that CBB did for me.. and I keep looking for me on the tree and realize I am not dressed. Shocked

I would appreciate it...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
crazybabyborg
« Reply #965 on: November 19, 2007, 12:35:06 AM »

Hey Monkeys...

Just doing a drive by... But I will be here tomorrow, I want to hear what y'all think on a bunch of stuff...

Klass or CBB... I am asking one of you for a favor, will you change my clothes for me?  I want to be surprised.... I loved all 3 of the last avi's that CBB did for me.. and I keep looking for me on the tree and realize I am not dressed. Shocked

I would appreciate it...

Klaas is the only one I know of that has the "power of change"  Laughing (I don't have that button), but I see that she has you all fixed up!  Wink  She's great to answer my messages about someone needing to be changed though! I always feel like a bratty kid pulling at her skirt, whining, but she never complains!  Laughing Mrs. Red, you've been dressed and on the tree for a long time. Look toward the top on the left side.

The watermark is a subliminal message that Klaas added. I added a pearl hanger, but I'm sure that's way too subtle a pitch to be caught!  Laughing
crazybabyborg
« Reply #966 on: November 19, 2007, 02:06:39 AM »

I'm turning in with Peaches on my mind, and soon to be in my nightly prayers. If any monkeys are so inclined, please join me on Peaches' behalf. She needs Platelets to continue chemo!

She goes for testing Monday (today).

Nite Monkeys, and may you all sleep with smiling angels watching over you!
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #967 on: November 19, 2007, 08:44:37 AM »

I'm turning in with Peaches on my mind, and soon to be in my nightly prayers. If any monkeys are so inclined, please join me on Peaches' behalf. She needs Platelets to continue chemo!

Thank you, CBB! 
My dad asked me yesterday "How do you know you're going to have enough platelets on Monday?".  I told him I had my best people on it!  Yup, bringing my better angels to every fight. 

I'm going to bail early at the office today. Of course, the houseguest who said they'd be here tomorrow late is coming today sometime.  Thanks, Daddy.  Spent yesterday cleaning like Cinderella.  I need to get my labs done so I can make it home in time for General Hospital.  It was a wild Friday on GH and it's driving me nuts!

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #968 on: November 19, 2007, 09:29:44 AM »

About the three peas in a pod  Klaas boy did you hit the nail right on the head there gal  <g> 
                                    Jerry

Drew Peterson does show the same cockiness that Joran does and is not at all afraid to give interviews because he thinks himself smarter than everybody else anyway.  He is so sure he can charm and lie circles around the rest of stupid humanity, he doesn't have any concern at all.

If he slips up, he will just think of a designer lie to cover it.  No prob!

Drew Peterson = Scott Peterson = Joran van der Sloot

Three peas in a pod

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
crazybabyborg
« Reply #969 on: November 19, 2007, 09:37:02 AM »

OK, Just thought you might be on to something with that!  Thanks.

This is the closest I could find:

Off to watch Dexter now  Wink

Drew has TWO lazy eyes! Boy, talk about the epitome of shifty eyes.............

Pray for Peaches so she can watch General Hospital with plenty of platelets!  Wink
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #970 on: November 19, 2007, 09:52:45 AM »

Sorry Peaches  I saw  CBB's  post too late for a special prayer but I do pray for ALL of Us SM every nite .
  As soon as I saw it I got on my Knees   ( God  knows that when I get down on my Knees that it is very serious to me because of the pain I feel from that position but I did pray for you dear sweet woman  and it was funny because  didn't hurt at all when I got up as i usually do  so someone heard me praying for my friend  <g>
  Hoping that all went well  .  soft  hugs,  Jerry

Thank you, CBB! 
My dad asked me yesterday "How do you know you're going to have enough platelets on Monday?".  I told him I had my best people on it!  Yup, bringing my better angels to every fight. 

I'm going to bail early at the office today. Of course, the houseguest who said they'd be here tomorrow late is coming today sometime.  Thanks, Daddy.  Spent yesterday cleaning like Cinderella.  I need to get my labs done so I can make it home in time for General Hospital.  It was a wild Friday on GH and it's driving me nuts!

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #971 on: November 19, 2007, 12:04:07 PM »

Prayers for Peaches platelets.

CBB... Mrs. Red look absolutely stunning

Thanks to everyone for the keeping me up to date over the weekend!

MuffyBee and Jerry
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #972 on: November 19, 2007, 03:07:26 PM »

Klaas.... Could you please send Carolyn my email and vice versa. I think Carolyn posted her OK in Clinton's upcoming TES search thread, Thanks in advance.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #973 on: November 19, 2007, 03:32:33 PM »

Klaas.... Could you please send Carolyn my email and vice versa. I think Carolyn posted her OK in Clinton's upcoming TES search thread, Thanks in advance.

ok
crazybabyborg
« Reply #974 on: November 19, 2007, 07:17:38 PM »

Hi guys! I was sort of hoping we might hear how Peaches test went today, but haven't seen her so far.

I was on my way to work this morning, and had to stop the car due to a flock of turkeys in the road.  Laughing I couldn't count them all with accuracy, but I'm sure there were at least 16, and maybe more. It was just on the edge of my neighborhood, which I may have mentioned backs up to a mountain that is a nature reserve/park, so I have lots of critters to enjoy! I had a flock in my backyard on Thanksgiving day last year.

They should take cover this time of year, don't you think?  Laughing
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #975 on: November 19, 2007, 07:20:35 PM »

Maybe those turkeys were running for their lives... Wink
Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #976 on: November 19, 2007, 08:52:46 PM »

Hello, Klaas!!

Are you here?

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #977 on: November 19, 2007, 08:55:48 PM »

Hello, Klaas!!

Are you here?

Yes, I'm here...what's up?
Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #978 on: November 19, 2007, 09:02:05 PM »

Do you happen to know how much Jamie had to pay to have the
banners made and shipped to the Pennsylvania event?  I asked
Vickie and she said to just make whatever donation I like, but I
want to be sure that I send enough.  I was trying to send it
through Western Union last Friday so she would have spending
money if she needed it but Vickie told me to just mail it to her.
I'm going to send it tomorrow but would really like to know a
a figure because I'm interested in covering ALL the costs if I
can.

Any idea?

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #979 on: November 19, 2007, 09:06:17 PM »

Do you happen to know how much Jamie had to pay to have the
banners made and shipped to the Pennsylvania event?  I asked
Vickie and she said to just make whatever donation I like, but I
want to be sure that I send enough.  I was trying to send it
through Western Union last Friday so she would have spending
money if she needed it but Vickie told me to just mail it to her.
I'm going to send it tomorrow but would really like to know a
a figure because I'm interested in covering ALL the costs if I
can.

Any idea?

No Patti I have no idea.  Jamie normally posts at BFN.  I have not been involved in the planning or organizing of any of the tourism show things.  I suggest that you send what you feel is appropriate.  Others have donated as well so don't try to cover all the costs.  That's very generous of you but I'm sure some of the costs have already been covered by donations.  Of course, not being involved in it, I don't know for sure about anything.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.